Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

tada

I am very disappointed with the PAX. I ordered from Vapeworld with no problems. Received it, no problems. Tried to charge it, big problem. No charging indicator, no power. Dead on arrival. Contacted Ploom per the manual. No help, must go through Vapeworld. Contacted Vapeworld. They said return it. Yeah, I know it has a warranty, but the cost and time of returning it is a hassle. I think if a manufacturer wants to charge $249 for a device, it should be delivered working. I can buy an iPhone from any retailer, and Apple stands behind it. If I was reviewing this device, I'd give it s thumbs down on first impression. I'd also give the customer service from Ploom a thumbs down. Now I have to pay to return a device. At this point, I want my money back. I think Ploom should work out the bugs before shipping out a device of this quality at this price.

tada,

xclarryx

I am very disappointed with the PAX. I ordered from Vapeworld with no problems. Received it, no problems. Tried to charge it, big problem. No charging indicator, no power. Dead on arrival. Contacted Ploom per the manual. No help, must go through Vapeworld. Contacted Vapeworld. They said return it. Yeah, I know it has a warranty, but the cost and time of returning it is a hassle. I think if a manufacturer wants to charge $249 for a device, it should be delivered working. I can buy an iPhone from any retailer, and Apple stands behind it. If I was reviewing this device, I'd give it s thumbs down on first impression. I'd also give the customer service from Ploom a thumbs down. Now I have to pay to return a device. At this point, I want my money back. I think Ploom should work out the bugs before shipping out a device of this quality at this price.
apple is a great company and I've had a ton of their products, and I've had a iPhone that didnt work out of the box. of course apple replaced it and everything, but no company/person/thing on earth can be perfect, defects WILL slip through production lines on occasion. they could offer no warranty at all like many companies do; what more do you expect from them??

xclarryx,

tada

apple is a great company and I've had a ton of their products, and I've had a iPhone that didnt work out of the box. of course apple replaced it and everything, but no company/person/thing on earth can be perfect, defects WILL slip through production lines on occasion. they could offer no warranty at all like many companies do; what more do you expect from them??

I guess the warranty should be enough, but now I will paying extra for return shipping. I guess I am just suffering from disappointment after reading favorable reviews about this device, and will be missing out on the ability to use it over a long holiday break. Apple has stores that can do immediate replacement. Vapeworld wants me to return it, they will test it, then determine whether they will return it to Ploom for repair, or replace it. Now, how long do you think that will take? I will be lucky to see a replacement or a refund of my money by mid January.

That sucks, tada. I totally feel your pain, man, and it again supports my feeling that there is no reason to order the Pax anywhere but directly through Ploom. They wouldn't charge you for shipping it back to them like Vapeworld is. Try not to let it give you a bad feeling about the Pax, though. You'll get a working one, and you'll be in love. Sucks you won't have it over the holidays, though. Personally, I'd be more inclined to be irritated at Vapeworld. Ever consider pushing them to just send you another one? Tell them it's a Christmas present and really more their fault than yours. Maybe they'll ship you one overnight?

TheDudeNextDoor,

Dillon Lee

That sucks, tada. I totally feel your pain, man, and it again supports my feeling that there is no reason to order the Pax anywhere but directly through Ploom. They wouldn't charge you for shipping it back to them like Vapeworld is. Try not to let it give you a bad feeling about the Pax, though. You'll get a working one, and you'll be in love. Sucks you won't have it over the holidays, though. Personally, I'd be more inclined to be irritated at Vapeworld. Ever consider pushing them to just send you another one? Tell them it's a Christmas present and really more their fault than yours. Maybe they'll ship you one overnight?

I agree with TheDudeNextDoor, just make them send you another one over night. They might make you pay for another one till they get the old one back but the least they could do is overnight it at no cost to you for the hassle. Then at least you'll have one over the holiday. Mine was supposed to be delivered today (I bought mine direct from ploom, so it better work!) but because I live in Canada and have to pay duty so unfortunately had to wait for it to be delivered to a Canada Post Office tacking on another day. :(

Dillon Lee,

AkCrimson

That sucks about a DoA, man. I would be pissed too. However I don't think that's the norm do don't lose your faith yet! I agree that I would be more pissed at Vapeworld.

I'm supposed to see my Pax today too, USPS. The Postal Service here sucks so I won't be surprised if I don't see it today. I don't have any medicine for it though, otherwise I might be a lot more agitated about delivery than I am now. Was supposed to have medicine this week, now I won't get it until late next week =( Stupid holidays. So I will have a beautiful PAX in front of me and no use for it *sigh*

Hah, first world problems, right?

AkCrimson,

Mendohead

I had to return my Pax to Vapeworld, 1st time around.
I got a replacement from VapeWorld faster than most of you reported here, that had to send
your units to Ploom. (I got mine in the mail in 48 hours.)
except i returned mine for good. i wasn't too thrilled with the overall function... watiing to hear how the cera's perform....

Mendohead,

JoeKickass

except i returned mine for good. i wasn't too thrilled with the overall function... watiing to hear how the cera's perform....

If you're an ex-smoker I'd lean towards the Pax. Pack your stuff down solid and it just keeps giving you clouds.

If you're a lighteweight/want to conserve then maybe check out the Cera, they have a bunch of videos and tbh I was only really impressed with the oil version... the Pax can blow bigger clouds with flowers imo.

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Vitolo

tig420

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
the same thing happened to me with my first pax, i had to send it back got another one and and a different issue then got another one and i am having another issue and vapeworld are being ass wipes and keep referring me a cleaning tutorial that is on this thread even though i have told them multiple times that i have cleaned it that way and i dont think that cleaning is an issue since i clean it perfectly and it still doesnt work. for some fucking reason the assholes at vapeworld dont want to do a return for me and its starting to piss me off. i would not recommend this vape to anybody.

tig420,

Mendohead

the same thing happened to me with my first pax, i had to send it back got another one and and a different issue then got another one and i am having another issue and vapeworld are being ass wipes and keep referring me a cleaning tutorial that is on this thread even though i have told them multiple times that i have cleaned it that way and i dont think that cleaning is an issue since i clean it perfectly and it still doesnt work. for some fucking reason the assholes at vapeworld dont want to do a return for me and its starting to piss me off. i would not recommend this vape to anybody.
they let me return mine for a 25% restock fee. 25% is a big hit, but it's better to get some $$ back imo than just shelving this thing, which is what i was already doing. i have to say, the portability was nice, but i didnt really but it for that very reason. i got a SSV soon after i got the pax, and the SSV is rockin my world.

Mendohead,

tada

I'm going to give it another try.

I contacted Vapeworld. They agreed to overnight a new Pax to me. I had to buy it, but they will refund the cost of the first one. They are covering the cost of overnight Saturday delivery and the cost of returning the first one.

I just hope the next one works. I hate having to lay out $500 just to get one working vaporizer.

Thanks for the replies.

Mendohead

..and i found vapeworld extremely helpful and willing to work with me on this issue.

Mendohead,
Reactions: Vitolo

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Well my pax came from vapeworld very quickly and works flawlessly (so far). I think it's a great product! I don't have any of the issues everyone bitches about! It blows hella clouds! I gotta say my whole pax/vapeworld experience has been great. I feel for you guys with the problems tho! All I wanted was for mine to be here in time for the holidays and work correctly and it did and does. Good luck to u guys.

Sonics420

^ youll have the issues soon, just read up on how to clean properly and also the blowing into your MP trick works..once u can work out all those kinks youll love your pax.. i know i do.

Sonics420,

PAZ

I'm going to give it another try.

I contacted Vapeworld. They agreed to overnight a new Pax to me. I had to buy it, but they will refund the cost of the first one. They are covering the cost of overnight Saturday delivery and the cost of returning the first one.

I just hope the next one works. I hate having to lay out $500 just to get one working vaporizer.

Thanks for the replies.

That's the way Apple does it if you order from them online. They send you another after you give them a deposit. If you live in a city there will be an apple store and you can just go in, but if you don't live near one it would be the exact same scenario you're doing with your PAX right now.

I work at a cellphone store and Apple definitely doesn't have that out-of-the-box guarantee like you think they have. I've had countless iPhones that didn't turn on, didn't get service, etc and had to be returned as a DOA.

PAZ,

max

Out to lunch
These kinds of issues may be the reason that Vaporstore is still holding off on selling the Pax. As for Vape World, they are not assholes. They're one of best on-line dealers. I suggest you dial back on your name calling or take it to another forum.

tada

These kinds of issues may be the reason that Vaporstore is still holding off on selling the Pax. As for Vape World, they are not assholes. They're one of best on-line dealers. I suggest you dial back on your name calling or take it to another forum.

The Vaporstore now carries the Pax. I do agree that Vape World handled my situation professionally. The free expedited shipping and free return shipping was a welcome resolution. They also three in an upgraded grinder.

tada,

max

Out to lunch
The Vaporstore now carries the Pax.
Are you sure? They apparently initially sold it, then stopped.

"We are unable to offer the PAX Vaporizer at this time, until further notice. Warranty support for our Pax customers is still valid and replacement screens are still available here. We hope to offer the Pax again in time, please click this Notify Me link to be updated with availability."

I've asked them for clarification. I'll report their answer.

max,

SoCalShore

Happy Holidays my Pax buddies!

I just wanted to share with you an experience I had traveling with Pax this past weekend. I have been with Pax since September and we have had several trips together along with daily use. Before the trip I was reading about the lube issue and although I don't have coconut oil I do have kukui oil and used a slight amount on the mp and it works great. So, I was outside at midnite walking the dog around the hotel relaxing with Pax and I pressed in the mp, dropped it (of course I had a full fresh oven load), and all went flying in the dark landing on the grass. I was stunned! Pax has never done this before! I got myself together and in the flicker of the moonlight I spotted the oven door, then I felt around and found the screen. One problem now.....can't find the mp! As I am panicking and ordering the dog to help me find it, I spotted a flicker of light reflecting off of the stem and reunited all parts and Pax is working like normal. I now know that Pax loves me as much as I love Pax. However, I must not get too comfortable while on the move....Pax just might want to have a journey on it's own waiting for me to follow in it's footsteps. Pax needs a wrist strap!

Have a Happy Holiday and a glorious New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom