Pax - All Models

Vaporhead99

More Pax problems; their customer support is terrible!
Mate, you're not alone, they are doing my nut in.

I had a warranty replacement last year for a model about 5 years old and the replacement has now given up so I submitted another warranty claim and had a response within minutes that asked a couple of questions, I replied but since that initial response I haven't heard back despite chasing them on three seperate days.

I also had a second unit that I bought last year as well that arrived faulty so I returned that but all in all it's now four devices in total that I have had that have died, I'm genuinely fed up with them now and their faulty devices so they have definitely lost a customer in me despite the fact I have always enjoyed their devices as my main travelling vape.

You're not wrong either, I wouldn't expect a 10 year warranty with each replacement but we should have working devices for at least 10 years from the date of the original purchase so both yours and my devices should absolutely be replaced as they are well within the original 10 year warranty periods and have broken through no fault of our own...

Last edited:
Vaporhead99,
Reactions: Marc112

ltv

I have a Pax 2 and considering a second portable vaporizer. Another Pax 2 or the Mini.
Which is better and why.
Thank you and Happy New Year to all.

ltv,

mephisto

My vote would be for the Mini. I thought I was a dedicated convection snob. Then I grabbed the Pax mini. The ease of use and the temp stepping make this vape my perfect session machine. I also use the Pax press, and a few artisan made accessories.

mephisto,

ltv

My vote would be for the Mini. I thought I was a dedicated convection snob. Then I grabbed the Pax mini. The ease of use and the temp stepping make this vape my perfect session machine. I also use the Pax press, and a few artisan made accessories.
Convection snob until I bought Xmas 3 which works well but I prefer the Pax 2. Pax is much easier to draw Vs Xmas and much more portable.
Is there another portable vaporizer that is approximately same size/price as a Pax?

ltv,

mephisto

Roffu Xmax is convection and features removable battery. It is a convection ass kicker with a similar size profile as Pax OG. Great for a daily driver.

mephisto,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
IQ2 or c as well, they’re a little bit bulkier but have a removable battery and easier to clean airpath

ltv

What's their actual warranty policy on replacements? I can't seem to find anything concrete online. I guess I could always just email them to find out.
I believe 2 years on the Pax Mini and
Pax Plus 10 years.

I went with my tried and true Pax 2.

ltv,

Vaporhead99

What's their actual warranty policy on replacements? I can't seem to find anything concrete online. I guess I could always just email them to find out.
So the Pax models that comes with a ten (10) year limited warranty are under warranty from the date of retail purchase by the original purchaser, the warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for normal use from the date of the original purchase, therefore...

You could have a working Pax for 9 years, get a warranty replacement but that replacement will only have a further year left of being under warranty as your 10 year warranty period starts from the date you bought the original device.

I have 3 years warranty left despite the fact I am waiting for a third replacement as my original Pax 3 died within months of buying it in April 2017.

Also my replacement Pax 3 that I received in November 2017 died in April last year and the replacement Pax 3 that I've had for about 8 months has died this month, when I receive this third replacement it will only be under warranty until April 2027 which is 10 years after my original purchase 👍

Marc112

Pax has decided to replace my defective Pax Plus. Their customer support leaves a lot to be desired; repetitive emails, denials, and finally they agree to replace it. They sent me a return label, and after I sent them proof I returned it, they then tell me there's no need to send it back?? Now they want my opinion on their customer service, LOL, LOL.

Marc112,

Vaporhead99

Pax has decided to replace my defective Pax Plus. Their customer support leaves a lot to be desired; repetitive emails, denials, and finally they agree to replace it. They sent me a return label, and after I sent them proof I returned it, they then tell me there's no need to send it back?? Now they want my opinion on their customer service, LOL, LOL.
They replied to me too last week and asked for my address and phone number, I sent it, they replied telling me they had shipped my replacement device to the following address however for some strange reason they changed the postcode and removed my building name so there's little to no chance I'm receiving this delivery.

Now, despite three more emails asking for a change of address (to the correct one I've provided two or three times) or tracking info I've not received anything since other than that feedback email too (which I replied to asking for tracking) meaning I can't collect or divert the delivery, just giving me the tracking details would fix this but I'm met with radio silence, honestly it's a nuisance dealing with this, I really wish Ojan was still around this place!!!

Update:

UPS have just called me regarding my delivery address as they obviously couldn't find it, thankfully they are now delivering tomorrow to my correct address, happy days! 🙂

Last edited:

Vaporhead99

I received my replacement device for my faulty Pax 3 yesterday and it was the Pax Plus which I thought would be the case but I'm not sure if I should keep it or not.

I have loved the Pax 3 since it's release and it was my travel vape for years, I found it stealthy, easy to maintain and I really loved the temp control as I would always start at 189c followed by 196c, 203c, 209c then 215c and I'd regularly have thoroughly enjoyable 10-15 minute sessions but I no longer travel as much and when I do I tend to prefer other vapes.

I'm off to Amsterdam next week so I'll take both the Pax Plus and the Mighty+ and if I don't use the Pax whilst I'm there then I'll probably list it once I'm back however has anyone here used the Plus and the Pax 3 and if so is there any difference in vapour quality?

I'm assuming the vapour quality will be pretty similar between the Plus and the 3 but I may be completely wrong...

(Disclaimer: I couldn't edit the above post, maybe because it was a few days ago?)

Marc112

I had the 3 and plus, and I am still awaiting another plus replacement. I actually liked the plus better than the 3. The new 3d oven screen is much better than the old flat oven screen; allows a little more air, and does not clog up as fast. The lights are now associated with new experience modes which are nicer than the old temp settings, which helps to provide slightly better vapor quality over the pax 3. The only drawback of the plus over the 3 is, battery does not last as long. That said, while I am awaiting the SLOW Pax replacement process, I purchased an Arizer Air MAX, and am loving it. I find it "Significantly" better overall, than the pax 3/plus, especially the vapor quality; however, it is not as stealthy.

Last edited:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I had the 3 and plus, and I am still awaiting another plus replacement. I actually liked the plus better than the 3. The new 3d oven screen is much better than the old flat oven screen; allows a little more air, and does not clog up as fast. The lights are now associated with new experience modes which are nicer than the old temp settings, which helps to provide slightly better vapor quality over the pax 3. The only drawback of the plus over the 3 is, battery does not last as long. That said, while I am awaiting the SLOW Pax replacement process, I purchased an Arizer Air MAX, and am loving it. I find it "Significantly" better overall, than the pax 3/plus, especially the vapor quality; however, it is not as stealthy.
I agree about the oven screen. I used my pax 3 with the screen it came with for only 2 weeks before getting the new 3d oven screens. It was like using a whole new vape. I liked the pax before, then I liked it even more with the new screen

Pablo13

So I grabbed a Pax 3 in December to help me not want to smoke on my work breaks. I do like its discreetness and how it blends in with other nicotene vapes with its appearance, although I do still store it in a smell proof case when not in use. Its no cloud monster which is helpful in my particular situation, wishing to remain as stealthy as possible. Battery life and heat up time are other good points but in its stock configuration I found the vape experience to be very medium. So I decided to make a few changes. Every mod I made did seem to make a little improvement although the last one I'm still questioning a little.

I tried a few loads stock then swapped in a 3d screen, which made a noteable improvment, but not as much as the screen you get with the vented oven lid set. Just a shame that one doesn't stay in place when you unload. I also watched Table Top Bong's Pax Plus Hacks video on Youtube, took his advice and got some 4mm ruby terp pearls. Tried a few different amounts but settled for 5. Yes it is an anoyance picking them out of the spent herb and popping them back in the oven each time, but worth it for me at least, as I'll only load it once a day and use other vapes when back home.

Then Finally I decided to drill out the vent holes a bit larger on the upgraded aftermarket oven lid a little larger. Settled on a 1.4mm drill bit and went for it. Cautiously at first, I just drilled out 1 and hit it. Seemed ok....maybe small improvement, not sure. So I did 3 and yep, the pull force felt more inline with what I wanted, so went at it and did half the holes. This is probabbly where I should have stopped as doing them all didn't seem to give any further improvements. It should also be noted that I performed all these mods with the flat mouthpiece, which I used exclusively at first only recently swapping to the raised one. With that mouthpiece fitted I find it possibly a little too free flowing, so would only recommend drilling holes out if you only use the flat mouthpiece and want less draw resistance from it.....oh yeah, and don't do them all :razz:

So far I'm generally pleased as it fits my needs in the situation I wish to use it. I've dropped it once or twice and its still working, hopefully I wont need to use the warranty service as it appears a little hit 'n' miss from you guys experiences that I'm reading.

So I grabbed a Pax 3 in December to help me not want to smoke on my work breaks. I do like its discreetness and how it blends in with other nicotene vapes with its appearance, although I do still store it in a smell proof case when not in use. Its no cloud monster which is helpful in my particular situation, wishing to remain as stealthy as possible. Battery life and heat up time are other good points but in its stock configuration I found the vape experience to be very medium. So I decided to make a few changes. Every mod I made did seem to make a little improvement although the last one I'm still questioning a little.

I tried a few loads stock then swapped in a 3d screen, which made a noteable improvment, but not as much as the screen you get with the vented oven lid set. Just a shame that one doesn't stay in place when you unload. I also watched Table Top Bong's Pax Plus Hacks video on Youtube, took his advice and got some 4mm ruby terp pearls. Tried a few different amounts but settled for 5. Yes it is an anoyance picking them out of the spent herb and popping them back in the oven each time, but worth it for me at least, as I'll only load it once a day and use other vapes when back home.

Then Finally I decided to drill out the vent holes a bit larger on the upgraded aftermarket oven lid a little larger. Settled on a 1.4mm drill bit and went for it. Cautiously at first, I just drilled out 1 and hit it. Seemed ok....maybe small improvement, not sure. So I did 3 and yep, the pull force felt more inline with what I wanted, so went at it and did half the holes. This is probabbly where I should have stopped as doing them all didn't seem to give any further improvements. It should also be noted that I performed all these mods with the flat mouthpiece, which I used exclusively at first only recently swapping to the raised one. With that mouthpiece fitted I find it possibly a little too free flowing, so would only recommend drilling holes out if you only use the flat mouthpiece and want less draw resistance from it.....oh yeah, and don't do them all :razz:

So far I'm generally pleased as it fits my needs in the situation I wish to use it. I've dropped it once or twice and its still working, hopefully I wont need to use the warranty service as it appears a little hit 'n' miss from you guys experiences that I'm reading.
Thanks for your input.... the 3d screen is on the radar. Thanks

Have been running a Pax 3 for bout 5 years now. Most of the time, I still want to be functional... lol.....
Now for times otherwise.... plenty of toys to blow the socks off.

I have focused on grind (medium to Med-Fine) 1/2 lid limiting to .1g per load. That fills to the top of the oven loose, and only compression is the 1/2 lid install. In that air flow has never seemed to be an issue, unless too long between cleanings.

As far as taste... Heat soak 60 secs, hit on 2, wait a bit, hit again, wait a bit. Stir contents, raise temp to 3, once and I am done. No bad taste. A 4th pull taste like cardboard. I have found 60 secs or so is bout right... too little = weakness, too long = not as good.

Surprisingly, get decent baby clouds & effect. Also found round 50% Humidity is better than 58%, as to cloud production.

I like that the Pax 3 conceals easily in my hand, or shirt pocket. Got a little case that conceals the smell.
Battery life, 7+ loads to charge.
Easy to clean, dropped it a few times. Like a Timex.... keeps on ticking.

Sandrider1962,
Reactions: Pablo13

maremaresing

@Pablo13 Did it come with the half pack lid? I find that to be a reliable one and done solution, and my airflow is more dependent on how tight I pack it than anything. Also the flat mp gives me way more airflow than the raised.

Pablo13

Thanks guys.

Yes I got the half pack lid, should have mentioned I tried it early on, and was my fave from what came in the box. I should revist it with the other mods and see.

My grind is also quite coarse, I'll try something finer and see how it goes.

They replied to me too last week and asked for my address and phone number, I sent it, they replied telling me they had shipped my replacement device to the following address however for some strange reason they changed the postcode and removed my building name so there's little to no chance I'm receiving this delivery.

Now, despite three more emails asking for a change of address (to the correct one I've provided two or three times) or tracking info I've not received anything since other than that feedback email too (which I replied to asking for tracking) meaning I can't collect or divert the delivery, just giving me the tracking details would fix this but I'm met with radio silence, honestly it's a nuisance dealing with this, I really wish Ojan was still around this place!!!

Update:

UPS have just called me regarding my delivery address as they obviously couldn't find it, thankfully they are now delivering tomorrow to my correct address, happy days! 🙂
Glad to see someone remembers Ojan. Working with him was great. I was contracted to the company via a BPO near a decade ago and was one of the ones who helped him with support response on socials, though loosely as I did more escalations and eventually part of their corporate level support response for the couple years we had the contract. He was the best. I had numerous PAX 2's and 3's and still have one 3 left in rotation from time to time. Sometimes im interested in the mini or the Plus, but they really havent dont too much as far as radical changes or improvements since the 2 in all honesty. Like the 3 improved the heat up and added the app. the plus had... a different paintjob blasting? the mini is compact and fast heating but ditches concentrates. So i dont exactly see myself jumping back in for another while my 3 is still going. The concentrate feature was never really there for me as i would prefer a twax bowl or an actual dab instead. At some point i tried alternate vapes and liked the options out there, particularly airvape with the combo convection and conduction, better upgrade options, and semi decent support (good warranty to boot).

Next up is a nice ball vape, but it would be interesting to see some of these big name handheld brands make a handheld ballvape system to really pack a punchy draw and milky cloud.

FrankScum210,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hi there,
I made this leather cover for the Pax, with a laser engraving of à visual of the french artist Teddy Ros.
It protects the device, reduces heat in the hand and gives it a unique look. I can make more.

IMG_20240309_183522.jpg
IMG_20240309_183411.jpg
IMG_20240309_190658.jpg

Top Bottom