Pax - All Models

Baboose1948

Is it possible you posted a pic of it online and someone lifted the serial number and used it on a claim? Each time I've had a warranty claim from pax, they've only asked for the serial number and to verify my info that I used to register the device. If it was never registered and someone got a hold of the serial, they could easily file a claim on it.

A long shot but not impossible.

Baboose1948,

Marc112

There are so many scammers out there, anything is possible, but if I was to post a pick, I would post a pic of the front, not the back.

Yes, Pax only asked for my serial number, I sent them a pic of the actual number just to prove I physically had the device in my possession, and as proof of the serial number.

Pax needs to revise their warranty policy, and require an actual pic of the device serial number; this will help to keep folks honest, additionally, it will help to eliminate something as simple as a serial number typo.

Either way, their position is not customer friendly, as the mistake could be as simple as a typo on their end, and because of that, I will not purchase another Pax product.

I think I'll try the Arizer Solo 2 next!

Last edited:
Marc112,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Email from today…
They are already moving on to a new model? Or maybe just new colors? I’m glad they lowered the price.
IMG-2946.jpg

Baboose1948

Email from today…
They are already moving on to a new model? Or maybe just new colors? I’m glad they lowered the price.
IMG-2946.jpg
Seems as though they finally came to their senses and lowered prices. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big pax fan and have all of them except the plus, however, in the last few years a lot of stuff has popped up the the market that is less expensive and just as effective.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I recently bought some 3D screens for my PAX3 after initially only having the default screens. Jury is still out whether it allows more air flow and hence more vapor. Firmness of pack and fineness of grind I think are still more critical with either type of screen. Of course more testing is needed - and I’m trying. To be continued… 💨:peace:

EDIT: also bought the wood charging stand. I wasn’t really aware it didn’t come with a cord but that’s on me. It works well with the mag charging cord. I still want to know what the other charging cord is for, likely the original Pax which I still have but doesn’t work well nor did I ever like the flimsy charger for that.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Hi everyone, I think this is the first time on this thread. I have a basic question: Does the pax3 have a defined session time? I had never noticed this before, but lately I've noticed that it switches off during the session.

dzoinp,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hi everyone, I think this is the first time on this thread. I have a basic question: Does the pax3 have a defined session time? I had never noticed this before, but lately I've noticed that it switches off during the session.
As far as I can remember, it does not have a specific time. If you keep using, it will stay on indefinitely.

However, if you don’t pick it up and/or draw from it for a period of time, it will go into standby mode and eventually turn off to save battery life (I believe after 3 minutes)

maremaresing

I really like that "on as long as you are using it, but automatic standby" sort of thing. It's a very good bit of UX, and flows with the rest of the pax ui. I still am not sold on automatic temp stepping, or temp stepping at all, but these sorts of things are nice to see.

I wish other vapes had a similar on/off experience of a recessed high quality switch with good resistance, and just a single click for on and off. None of this 5 times for on and off annoyance. single click on/off, press and hold briefly to get to temp settings, single click to change setting. It's at the core of what I need.

In my effort this past black friday to avoid buying a new vape and more frequently use the vapes I already have, I decided to pick up a maple wood charging dock.

This one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1411580689

After waffling back and forth for a year on getting it, I can't believe I waited so long. The Pax 2 has such long battery life that I only charge once a week or more, so I leave the usb charger unplugged. What I love about the dock is that the magnets of the charger "pull" the pax into perfect placement, and the wood has non slip feet. So my pax has a safe clean dedicated space on my desk, ready to have long lazy sessions with.

When it needs charging, I just move the end of the cable over to the usb socket and let it charge back up for an hour before unplugging.

I know the Mini and Plus are a step back from the 2 and 3, and normally I hate proprietary chargers, and it's pure conduction. With all that, I'd almost certainly get another pax if this one died. The conduction vapor is cool and plentiful, and doesn't get that burnt cheap taste that other conduction vapes in this range have, and the size hasn't been beaten yet for the performance.

And you can clean the whole airpath, instead of design shortcuts most manufacturers make. That's why the pax goes to festivals and hikes, as well as home use.

Choices

I didn’t realize the Mini and Plus are considered a step back. I have only used a Mini, mostly on evening dog walks. The discreetness, single touch to start things, 20 second heat up time, and smaller oven all make it an easy one to grab.

maremaresing

I think it depends on your use. I definitely see the 2 and 3 as being more feature rich and well equipped vapes for the same prices. On the one hand, I see the mini and plus as answers to an economic recession and inflation, on the other, they haven't raised their msrp vs previous generations.

I'm biased because I have the pax 2, and think it's the sweet spot in features and lack of needing an app or whatever. I also think the mini isn't as mini as I was hoping. That said, I exclusively use the half bowl oven, and temp 2.

How is the temp stepping on the mini? I typically find that extended sessions with temp2 get hotter and hotter as the device heat soaks, and I end up getting a complete extraction and mostly high temperature effects. But I often stop after a few puffs and finish the load in future sessions.

Do you go through a whole oven in a single temp stepped session on the mini? What's the behavior if you come back to a partially vaped oven later? Do you have to wait a set time for it to step up to a higher temperature to get vapor?

Choices

I think it depends on your use. I definitely see the 2 and 3 as being more feature rich and well equipped vapes for the same prices. On the one hand, I see the mini and plus as answers to an economic recession and inflation, on the other, they haven't raised their msrp vs previous generations.

I'm biased because I have the pax 2, and think it's the sweet spot in features and lack of needing an app or whatever. I also think the mini isn't as mini as I was hoping. That said, I exclusively use the half bowl oven, and temp 2.

How is the temp stepping on the mini? I typically find that extended sessions with temp2 get hotter and hotter as the device heat soaks, and I end up getting a complete extraction and mostly high temperature effects. But I often stop after a few puffs and finish the load in future sessions.

Do you go through a whole oven in a single temp stepped session on the mini? What's the behavior if you come back to a partially vaped oven later? Do you have to wait a set time for it to step up to a higher temperature to get vapor?
I have a fairly energetic pooch so our walks are usually 2+ miles. In that time I’ll finish it off though I do bring extra flower most times. I loosely fill the whole volume uncovered when removing the oven lid and work it into the oven specifically. Always works out for me but I’m not looking for a ball vape experience. My Freight Train at home takes care of that!

Pax Mini Guide f/POTV
From here it says that the mini has only one temp setting. It says it increases based on the pull. It implies that as it material heat soaks, the vapor is stronger.

The unit I have is a Pax 3. 1/2 lid, level no pack, compress with the lid. I start on level 2, and heat soak 40-60 secs, draw slow and get good taste and decent cloud. Repeat one time, stir, turn up to 3, and repeat. it is done. Found that level 4 burns it up, and taste like shit. Heat Soak, was the game changer. :cheers:

Sandrider1962,
Reactions: Vaporific
I have a fairly energetic pooch so our walks are usually 2+ miles. In that time I’ll finish it off though I do bring extra flower most times. I loosely fill the whole volume uncovered when removing the oven lid and work it into the oven specifically. Always works out for me but I’m not looking for a ball vape experience. My Freight Train at home takes care of that!
Same here, the Pax is for less than serious. Ball Vape (F22) is for when I am ready to get serious ... :smug:

Sandrider1962,

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I'm not sure who's interested or not but it looks like the PAX 3 is back in stock on the PAX website and isn't completely discontinued.

PAX 3 complete kit (sand and burgundy)

Also for those with a PAX Plus I recently found out that the Plus has games on it like the 3. To access them just turn on the device and keep shaking until it vibrates. The Pac-Man game appears is the first game. Keep shaking and it will turn into the spinner. A third shake will start the Simon game. I haven't found any other modes but it's good to know some fun things are still on the device.

BTW the only reason I have a Plus is because of the 10 year warranty on the OG PAX. My OG started dying after 9 and a half years and sure enough the warranty was still good.

DataRocks

So I just got a Pax 3 and did my homework on accessories. Got my 3d screens, budkups, press, ventilated lids, etc..... and I have multiple vapes for comparison, from mflb to ball vapes.... and I can confidently say that people love to shit on this thing for no reason.... it's was my most no brainer session ever and I'm comfortably toasted... maybe not at full price, but with some of the 420 deals that had them at $130 full kit... I think people just love to parrot the hate

Last edited:

Marc112

Pax has decided to honor the warranty, and send me a replacement! I can understand their concern, and in the end, they stood behind their product and warranty.
More Pax problems; their customer support is terrible!

I received a Pax Plus as a warranty replacement for my 2 year old Pax-3 in August 2023. Now 5 months later, my Pax Plus will not turn on, so I sent them an email with pictures, and the first email response they send indicating they can not warranty it because my Pax Plus has already had a warranty claim submitted; basically we are going down the same road as the crap they gave me when I submitted my Pax 3 warranty claim.

Then we go back and forth to trouble shoot, and then they ask for a picture of the top with the mouthpiece removed. I sent than in, o=nly to receive a response indicating they cannot warranty it because "my Pax Plus has already had a warranty claim submitted."

Now they are not responding; WTF

I do not know what their warranty provisions are, except there's a 10 year warranty.

Now I'm not expecting a new 10 year warranty with each replacement Pax unit, but a replacement which only lasts 5 months is obviously defective.

Am I wrong to think the my replacement should be covered under their 10 year warranty??

All I know is while I really enjoyed my Pax's, I will not buy another thing from a company who treats customers like shit!

Top Bottom