Pax - All Models

StellarLarve

Hi,

I purchased a Pax Plus a few weeks ago. It was totally not planned nor thought, I saw it in a shop… et voilà.

My only other vapes experiences are a Dynavap Omni XL and a Vapman that I have been using for years. I had been toying for a while with the idea of an electronic vape, despite my initial reticence, rationalizing the VAS with the idea of frequent CBD taste sessions, dog walks, hikes… I had almost decided for a TM2, but too big, too expensive, and too much for my super low tolerance.

All in all, I like it. The design is super nice in a sea of ugly plastic things, the form factor is brilliant, use is a no-brainer… But… I reluctantly have to admit I am not impressed by the performance. I am under the impression that the Pax is way less efficient than my Omni or Vapman. Broadly speaking, I feel I am half as baked with at least twice the amount of weed.

I am using the half bowl on the Pax, that seems already gigantic compared to my two old trusty companions, and sure, I can sip for a while instead of clearing the bowl in one-two hit, and the effects are there… but if I compare the effects, I feel I should be waaaay more «medicated» with that amount. It is a bit underwhelming to «waste» +0.25g of herb, to be way less baked than with less than 0.1. It will end up for CBD sessions, after all :lol:

So… is that normal/expected?

Thanks for your input.

maremaresing

It sounds like you are using and enjoying the pax plus the same way that I use and enjoy my pax 2! Half bowl lid is the way to go to get the best performance, I feel.

I think the pax gets a bad rap for being "wasteful" of herb, because of sticker shock loading so much into it, as well as people using it incorrectly. Sounds like you are using it correctly, though!

You left out a very important bit of information; what temps are you hitting and what does your abv look like at the end. The chemicals don't have anywhere to go but in the herb, in your body, or wasted puffing into the air.

I think that devices like the dynavap and vapman promote microdosing, and deliver high temp full spectrum by default. Microdosing as method can deliver surprisingly good effects off of less. Pax is not a microdoser, for sure.

Personally, I use my pax 2 on two petal setting, and let it build heat over a whole session. Abv comes out evenly dark brown. I'm usually vaping the entire .25g load in a single, long, lazy session. I'm also blowing vapor clouds for fun, puffing on it like a joint, and just generally purposely being wasteful of the CBD. That said, I feel like it gets me about as high as that same amount of CBD does in my other vapes, and extracts far more than other electronic conduction vapes I've tried.

In short, idk?

maremaresing,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom