Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

L22

Hi guys

After hours & hours & hours of reading I just bought the Pax 2 today.
Very happy with the object's in itself but... nothing's bright for the moment.

I only have some peppermint & chamomile to try for the moment but, even if I pack the oven really tight, it produces very very little (during the first hit) or no vapor at all. The taste isn't great at all either and I found out that the material wasn't "burn" when I pulled it out... (and yes, I tried at different temperature).
Even worse: I've got some bit of flower material getting in my mouth when I hit the thing...
What do you think about that?

L22,
Reactions: steama

L22

You might be right!
The real thing where I was like "huh, what?" was about getting some material in my mouth after hitting... And the herbs wasn't even grinded like "sand" (because I heard a lot of people saying it's the best way to enjoy the flowers).

But yeah, good advice, I'll check the results with our beloved MJ before getting really worried :)

L22,

UH60FLT

So after trying out the Pax Pusher 2.0 I'm noticing that the material isnt being nearly compressed and packed compared to using it stand alone and sizing it to fit the original oven to the point where I'm not producing much vapor at all if I'm not packing a half oven. I think I will be returning the pusher oven lid combos and keep the part on it's out. Would it be worth me buying the pax pusher screen too?

UH60FLT,

Amargi

Doin' shit, keepin' fit, and too legit to quit.
I only have some peppermint & chamomile to try for the moment

I think I found your problem...

I'm also a new Pax 2 user, visiting from the Ascent camp. I am a big fan of @Davinci_vaporizer, but I wanted to see what the hype surrounding the Pax 2 was all about.

I am still working through my first full charge with the unit, but so far am happy with the battery life. I will check it before my next use, but it has held up well for 4 or 5 sessions- all in sub-0° weather. I am still dialing in my personal preferences in terms of temp and timing.. I've been mostly sessioning on 3, with a very short warm up on 2. I need to look at the temperature settings and come up with a more refined strategy (maybe). It's a work in progress, but I'm up for the task!

At the moment I am deliberating whether or not to get the pusher and vented lid, or the pusher and standard, unvented lid. The draw resistance is good, but I wouldn't mind the option to kick it up to the highest temperature and rip a thorough session- but quickly.

Interesting to hear of your issues,
@UH60FLT.. anyone else have any suggestions/warnings/success stories with the Pusher 2.0 that they would care to share?

Last edited:

Burken

Hi everyone!

I just got a Pax 2 a couple of days ago, got it from PIU at a very reasonable price, really enjoying it so far even though I'm still trying to figure it out.

One issue though, the screen doesn't "snap" in place like its supposed to, every time I insert it it tilts to the side so that it sits at an angle.
Anyone else who have had this problem?

I will try and shape the screen for myself or just buy new screens and hope that its just the original screen that is faulty.

Have a good one!

Burken,

L22

Hi everyone!

One issue though, the screen doesn't "snap" in place like its supposed to, every time I insert it it tilts to the side so that it sits at an angle.
Anyone else who have had this problem?

Hi there!

I was wondering the same thing when I had him... I Even thought I had a defective model.
Well apparently, no, they designed it like this... I found a few reviews where this specific kinda "malfunction" is described. But apparently, the 3D screen from Newvape is well shaped :

Unlike the original this screen is designed to freely fall out of the vaporizer between cycles.

I'm waiting for mine!

L22,
Reactions: Burken

Burken

Oh ok, thanks for the replies!

A bit weird that it says in their User's Guide that its supposed to snap in place, just feels like I'm loosing quite a bit of space in the oven.

Burken,

zor

It will sit securely, at an angle, but there are no grooves or slots for it to latch into. Take care to note that the slanted angle helps maintain a clear air path from over to mouthpiece.

Mr. Me2

The pax screen is supposed to sit at an angle so it is higher over the vapor path. Pax also updated its screens. The newer ones have 4 "dimples" in it.

Mr. Me2,

RaffOutLoud

The pax screen is supposed to sit at an angle so it is higher over the vapor path. Pax also updated its screens. The newer ones have 4 "dimples" in it.
Yup, that's the kind I have. It's actually really easy to make it sit flat.

RaffOutLoud,

anivape

Hey now,

How long has the flat mouthpiece lasted for ya?
Specifically the elasticity..
Mine is about 7 months old.
It doesn't look or feel old but I am beginning to have issues with on/off.
Has anyone found a new mouthpiece helps operation?

anivape,

Mr. Me2

Hey now,

How long has the flat mouthpiece lasted for ya?
Specifically the elasticity..
Mine is about 7 months old.
It doesn't look or feel old but I am beginning to have issues with on/off.
Has anyone found a new mouthpiece helps operation?
Mine is older with no issues. But the most common warranty issue I've seen posted here is related to the on/off button operation. So your problem may not be related to your mouthpiece.

You may want to pm @Ojan_at_PAX, give him more details and ask for advice.

Mr. Me2,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Mine is older with no issues. But the most common warranty issue I've seen posted here is related to the on/off button operation. So your problem may not be related to your mouthpiece.

You may want to pm @Ojan_at_PAX, give him more details and ask for advice.

Yeah try pressing on your device without the mouthpiece. If it's equally stubborn then we'll want to take a closer look. Feel free to PM me your name/email to get the ball rolling if it comes to that.

Ojan_at_PAX,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Shoulda pulled the Pax2 trigger... Can't imagine the Crafty being quite as stealthy in public. Enjoy though, I'm sure it's fine.
is that your only reason why ?

i am interested as im not locked into crafty i could just return for pax and just pay postage?

also i am not worried about stealth i prefer performance and thick vapour i just want the best tool for staying away from combusting i smoke large joints with little tobacco so im trying to recreate the experience am i lost?

Last edited by a moderator:
startedflowermatingnimere,

gaseous_clay

is that your only reason why ?

i am interested as im not locked into crafty i could just return for pax and just pay postage?
I honestly can't compare as I have no experience with the Crafty. Pax1 was my first vape & I loved it. The only problems it had were corrected for the Pax2. It's my on-the-go vape & in my pocket now.

Mr. Me2

what do you think i ended up with crafty??
I have both...the pax 2 and Crafty. I really like and use them both. For me, I prefer the flavor and ease of use of the Crafty. It's had more warranty issues than the pax2 (no problems with mine though, knock wood). Pax2 has better battery life, has easier maintenance, and does not seem as delicate (a Crafty/Mighty complaint is breaking "fins" around the top cooling unit).

I think most fc'ers would agree to plan on owning and rotating multiple vapes. I think both of these are worth a place in your lineup.

Regarding mixing your load with some tobacco, I haven't seen that discussed on the Crafty thread, but an fc friend uses his pax2 that way and really enjoys it.

Hope this adds to your confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom