Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popcorn Lung

Regarding smell. I found this is dependent on the strain of flowers you use. Some seem to give off a smell in my pax why'll others do not.

I take my pax with me to movie theatres. I'll usually run to the snack bar and take a few pulls while no one is looking with no issues. I tested it out while in the actual theatre of Jurassic world (I do not recommend this) but was able to get away with it and no one was the wiser.

About the plastic taste... this is odd. I never experienced a plastic taste. No need for factory burn in. You may just be more sensitive to the taste of plastic. I'm that way with silverware. I can taste the metal of forks and spoons. It's an odd thing but some of us are more sensitive to some materials than others

Last edited:
Popcorn Lung,

Two Scoops

Hey guys, I'm new here and have read a great deal of this thread. I have a question, when did your orders ship out? I ordered mines Saturday and it's Monday as of the time I'm typing this, about mid afternoon. I figured it would have shipped by now since they say they ship same day on orders placed before noon.

Two Scoops,

Mr. Me2

Hey guys, I'm new here and have read a great deal of this thread. I have a question, when did your orders ship out? I ordered mines Saturday and it's Monday as of the time I'm typing this, about mid afternoon. I figured it would have shipped by now since they say they ship same day on orders placed before noon.
Did you order from Ploom? I bet it ships sometime today.

Mr. Me2,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep

Woo! A new PAX Family member :)

Weekend orders will ship on the first business day (today) but you won't receive a tracking email until 5-6pm PT - so within the next couple of hours. Orders placed on weekdays before 12pm PT will ship that same day as well, but the emails still won't go out until 5-6pm.

I'm happy to check on your order status for ya just to be sure, so feel free to message me your order number and/or email used when placing your order!

Two Scoops

Woo! A new PAX Family member :)

Weekend orders will ship on the first business day (today) but you won't receive a tracking email until 5-6pm PT - so within the next couple of hours. Orders placed on weekdays before 12pm PT will ship that same day as well, but the emails still won't go out until 5-6pm.

I'm happy to check on your order status for ya just to be sure, so feel free to message me your order number and/or email used when placing your order!
I'm happy to be a part of the pax family. :)
I'll check my email around 6 pacific time. If I don't get anything I'll pm you my order number.

EDIT: Well it appears I didn't get an email and it's 8:16 central time, so I'll send you my order number just in case.

Last edited:

Popcorn Lung

I understand... I counted down the days before it was released in April. Worth the wait for sure.

Great tasting vapes, small, discreet and fun to use.

Popcorn Lung,
Reactions: Two Scoops

Two Scoops

I understand... I counted down the days before it was released in April. Worth the wait for sure.

Great tasting vapes, small, discreet and fun to use.
I'm just hoping my order wasn't lost or something.

EDIT: Oh thank goodness, my order has shipped. Kind of strange to get the email at 11:00 at night but better late than never. Oh god I can't wait.

Last edited:
Two Scoops,
Reactions: steama

Plotinus

with a bit of regular use, the plastic flavor has disappeared, all good.

i just did my first cleaning, very easy and convenient. but coming from a desktop vape with discrete stems, one thing i think i'll miss is the ability to make golden dragon by soaking the stems in high proof alcohol. has anyone figured out a cleaning method that allows you to create golden dragon as you go? that was one of the most fun aspects of having a vape for regular use!

Plotinus,
Sorry I was wrong about the plastic/new taste. I was just speaking out of experience from the original pax. I bought my pax2 secondhand, so I didn't have to deal with it.

Does anyone know where to buy another battery charger for this? It'd be great to keep a spare in my car. Never know when you need it!

geetimesthree,

zor

with a bit of regular use, the plastic flavor has disappeared, all good.

i just did my first cleaning, very easy and convenient. but coming from a desktop vape with discrete stems, one thing i think i'll miss is the ability to make golden dragon by soaking the stems in high proof alcohol. has anyone figured out a cleaning method that allows you to create golden dragon as you go? that was one of the most fun aspects of having a vape for regular use!

You should be able to just soak the pipe cleaner you used for cleaning in some ISO and evaporate that after sufficient cleaning cycles. I'd run that solution through a filter to separate out any fibers and debris that the pipe cleaner may impart. My experience so far doesn't seem to indicate that I'm getting that much reclaim from the vapor path so I just stick with extracting the ABV instead, but give this a shot.

zor,

RaffOutLoud

My first ISO tincture from pipe cleaners, q-tips, and such just finished evaporating so I'll likely scrape it today. I'm hoping it's worth at least a few dabs. Being able to have usable reclaim would be awesome.

Also, I'm finding that I might need to clean this thing more often! Used hard by two people every day. It doesn't take long for there to be enough honey under the mp to get all pizza-cheese-stretchy when the lid comes up.

On a final note, @zor are you saying you make ISO evap concentrate from ABV? What's the taste like? I make coconut oil but making concentrate seems like it would be cheaper and more efficient (plus I don't go through the oil very fast, or at least not as much as I should)

RaffOutLoud,

zor

Oh sorry @RaffOutLoud, I do NOT use ISO for ABV extraction, I too do the coconut oil infusion. I just meant that I don't bother with reclaiming from cleaning given that I get far more from abv

Been a lurker since the pax 1, but I've decided to join in and sign up to FC and say howdy to all you great forum participants. Seriously, without you guys I would definitely have given up on vaping long ago. But I have, through this forum exclusively, learned the ins and outs of my pax and now my pax 2.

I also want to say thank you to forum user Ratchett, from whom I ordered the two end caps for my p2 just hours ago (btw, it got shipped one hour after order, thank you for that).

I don't have anything new to add, just happy to be amongst you all. Super pleased to see members of Pax Labs on here interacting as well, it goes a long way.

I was a bit saddened when I learned I had a non-simon edition, but I'm not giving up hope yet that perhaps there's a way to unlock it on ours, or better yet, we discover another Easter egg exclusive to us. Regardless, although Simon would have provided hours of amusement (no exaggeration), it's not the end of the world.

Have a good day everyone

Mr. Me2

Been a lurker since the pax 1, but I've decided to join in and sign up to FC and say howdy to all you great forum participants. Seriously, without you guys I would definitely have given up on vaping long ago. But I have, through this forum exclusively, learned the ins and outs of my pax and now my pax 2.

I also want to say thank you to forum user Ratchett, from whom I ordered the two end caps for my p2 just hours ago (btw, it got shipped one hour after order, thank you for that).

I don't have anything new to add, just happy to be amongst you all. Super pleased to see members of Pax Labs on here interacting as well, it goes a long way.

I was a bit saddened when I learned I had a non-simon edition, but I'm not giving up hope yet that perhaps there's a way to unlock it on ours, or better yet, we discover another Easter egg exclusive to us. Regardless, although Simon would have provided hours of amusement (no exaggeration), it's not the end of the world.

Have a good day everyone
Welcome crosscheck! And enjoy your pax2. The only "problem " with FC is that it makes you want more vapes!!! If you want some fun reading, I suggest you read the grasshopper threads. Happy vaping!

RaffOutLoud

So I just ordered the Pusher and the caps (thanks @Ratchett these will come in very handy) and figured it was time to do a review. I have the "black" (I actually like that it isn't jet black) Simon edition... yes I beat it (FIRST TRY) and I am indeed in Funky Town. I've seen some people online say there's a Stealth Mode but I've yet to be able to get that.

Ease: Dang this thing is simple. Minimal moving parts, easy on/off/control system. Luckily I did my research beforehand and I already had a good idea of how to get the Easter Eggs.

Vapor: Great clouds and you can get them for quite some time if you start on "1" and work your way up over time. I usually give it a stir once I see the clouds diminish while on "4". But usually when I first get home from a long day I like to start at "3".

Taste: Better than any other I've tried (haven't used Crafty/Mighty though) but wish it didn't get popcorny quite so fast. However it still vapes hard after the taste-change. Taste isn't high on my requirements, though.

Stealth: Teeny tiny! I can actually conceal it completely in my hand while hitting it. Easily pocketable. Smell isn't bad as long as you aren't walking around with half-vaped in the oven. Caps from @Ratchett will improve the stealthiness!

Efficiency: Pretty good. I've heard negative reviews in this department but I almost never pack a full bowl. I can make my supply last nearly twice as long as when I was smoking bowls. A little stir at the end gets just that much more. ABV is even and not so dark that I can't make coconut oil.

Effect: Gets me goooood and medicated. Nice and heady when starting at "1" or "2", but by the end when ripping hard hits on "4" I'm definitely feeling quite toasty. Of course this category is entirely subjective.

Sessionability: This is almost always used by two people. A couple half-packed ovens gets us good for a while or if we want to get dumb it's super quick and easy to clean out and load one after another. The Party Mode is great for when we're in the same room but doing other things and we don't want the stand-by to kick on. However the stand-by is nice for when we're cooking.

Battery: I'm very very impressed. As hard as we use it, charging is only necessary at the end of the night when going to bed. However when we both have the day off and have the "All Day, Err Day" mentality we typically end up charging it halfway through the day

Durability: Heck. Yes. This thing is a damn brick. I never feel like I have to be overly cautious or be careful when passing. If I or someone else needs an assist (cooking, games, etc.) it is ridiculously easy.

Miscellaneous: I haven't tried the raised mp but don't care to. I thought the flat mp would be awkward but it's freaking amazing. Allows for a very relaxed draw which is handy for when you want those 20 second hits. Oven lid magnet is very strong but it's still designed well that it's beyond simple to get it off. The minor touches of the device are nice: feels good in your hand, feels well-built, body/mp don't get too hot. The varying effects the lights can achieve aren't necessary to the rating of overall product but they are quite neat (I'm a fan of Party Mode #2 where the colors go nuts when you touch the mp).

I will admit that I don't have a ton of experience with many varieties of vaporizers but I can say that I freaking love this thing! I still want to eventually get a desktop unit but this fulfills every need we have right now and works great as a daily driver!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
So I just ordered the Pusher and the caps (thanks @Ratchett these will come in very handy) and figured it was time to do a review. I have the "black" (I actually like that it isn't jet black) Simon edition... yes I beat it (FIRST TRY) and I am indeed in Funky Town. I've seen some people online say there's a Stealth Mode but I've yet to be able to get that.

Ease: Dang this thing is simple. Minimal moving parts, easy on/off/control system. Luckily I did my research beforehand and I already had a good idea of how to get the Easter Eggs.

Vapor: Great clouds and you can get them for quite some time if you start on "1" and work your way up over time. I usually give it a stir once I see the clouds diminish while on "4". But usually when I first get home from a long day I like to start at "3".

Taste: Better than any other I've tried (haven't used Crafty/Mighty though) but wish it didn't get popcorny quite so fast. However it still vapes hard after the taste-change. Taste isn't high on my requirements, though.

Stealth: Teeny tiny! I can actually conceal it completely in my hand while hitting it. Easily pocketable. Smell isn't bad as long as you aren't walking around with half-vaped in the oven. Caps from @Ratchett will improve the stealthiness!

Efficiency: Pretty good. I've heard negative reviews in this department but I almost never pack a full bowl. I can make my supply last nearly twice as long as when I was smoking bowls. A little stir at the end gets just that much more. ABV is even and not so dark that I can't make coconut oil.

Effect: Gets me goooood and medicated. Nice and heady when starting at "1" or "2", but by the end when ripping hard hits on "4" I'm definitely feeling quite toasty. Of course this category is entirely subjective.

Sessionability: This is almost always used by two people. A couple half-packed ovens gets us good for a while or if we want to get dumb it's super quick and easy to clean out and load one after another. The Party Mode is great for when we're in the same room but doing other things and we don't want the stand-by to kick on. However the stand-by is nice for when we're cooking.

Battery: I'm very very impressed. As hard as we use it, charging is only necessary at the end of the night when going to bed. However when we both have the day off and have the "All Day, Err Day" mentality we typically end up charging it halfway through the day

Durability: Heck. Yes. This thing is a damn brick. I never feel like I have to be overly cautious or be careful when passing. If I or someone else needs an assist (cooking, games, etc.) it is ridiculously easy.

Miscellaneous: I haven't tried the raised mp but don't care to. I thought the flat mp would be awkward but it's freaking amazing. Allows for a very relaxed draw which is handy for when you want those 20 second hits. Oven lid magnet is very strong but it's still designed well that it's beyond simple to get it off. The minor touches of the device are nice: feels good in your hand, feels well-built, body/mp don't get too hot. The varying effects the lights can achieve aren't necessary to the rating of overall product but they are quite neat (I'm a fan of Party Mode #2 where the colors go nuts when you touch the mp).

I will admit that I don't have a ton of experience with many varieties of vaporizers but I can say that I freaking love this thing! I still want to eventually get a desktop unit but this fulfills every need we have right now and works great as a daily driver!
Great review, and since you mentioned getting the pusher I think that will eliminate the need for you to stir the oven as I've noticed that when using a screen to keep the load down it vaporizes it more efficiently without the need to stir.

Vapetrees,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

RaffOutLoud

Great review, and since you mentioned getting the pusher I think that will eliminate the need for you to stir the oven as I've noticed that when using a screen to keep the load down it vaporizes it more efficiently without the need to stir.

I use a screen as well and have noticed that. With a screen, stirring gets very little extra vapor. I'm hoping the more solid design of the pusher results in no stirring needed.

RaffOutLoud,
Reactions: Vapetrees
Anyone else find the vapor to be rather rough on their throat? I can only take a few hits (regardless of temp setting) before my throat is very irritated. I was thinking of getting a whip to help cool the vapor down a bit.

southernfriedgrass,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Anyone else find the vapor to be rather rough on their throat? I can only take a few hits (regardless of temp setting) before my throat is very irritated. I was thinking of getting a whip to help cool the vapor down a bit.
With the flat mouth piece I don't feel the vapor to be that harsh. Are you using the raised one?

Vapetrees,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom