oregonglassblower (Mike): glass downstems, adapters, oil kits, etc...

Doug

Just passing time
Well I came here curious about the dome set reviews and came up empty. I guess I will have to order it and give a review.

Doug,

b0

Cloudy...
I talked to him a week ago, ordered a set and received it today:

imgp0049y.jpg

imgp0053q.jpg

I won't be able to try it till next week, almost no one here knows what BHO or QWISO is, so I will have to do my own QWISO this weekend and try concentrates for first time.

It was a pleasure to deal with OGB, he's a really nice guy and even throw a gift for me :)

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Uhm. Shit. Dude. :rofl:

Sorry, you'll have to excuse me. That was my first "real" encounter... fuck I can't spell right now... with dabs. From what my bud-tender told me (I bought it someplace else), its good wax. Cotton Candy full-melt (whatever the fuck that means :shrug:)

This stuff
20130130_174026.jpg

If it ain't domeless... it works. If you screw it all the way down. I got a good hit off it. But for some reason, that was the time, I tried just dropping it (instead of the dental pick) and it stuck to my finger. So, like a highly medicated dumbass, I thought... "just tap real quick". Now I have this fucking brand on my finger... but it worked!

HOWEVER (holy shit, that's a big however)... I like it with the little mini dome best. I tried it normal with the nail screwed about 1/4 up and used the big dome. I liked that. I think that's when I next tried the fucking idiot move with the tap it, it'll drop right off dab, sans dome. Anyway... I then... in my infinite wisdom (vast, it is), thought I would try to drop one with the little dome. Again. Stuck to my finger. This time.. tried tapping my finger on the glass. It kind of work, but dropped down into the space between the dome and the nail (quit laughing).

My final try, was with a pick and it worked beautifully. Didn't even see a wisp of the vapor up top, Saw, see, sea.... saw... that doesn't look right. Anyways, so I see the tube just explode with vapor and POW! straight to the moon!

At least, it went something like that.

20130201_165312_zps515f1163.jpg

20130201_165322_zpsd046ae03.jpg

20130201_165401_zpsfef53c39.jpg

I want more.
weee.gif

I'll try to post a video tonight.

Does it knock out of the joint? No. The wheel, screw part it the width of the 18mm male joint.

Mouahahah, I had not follow this thread for some time!!!!! Hihi, be careful my friend, as stated by Bob, there's no coming back with concentrates IMO! So happy to count you in our growing concentrated community!

timmahsan

treEnt
I'm busting my concentrates cherry with OGB's dome set with the ti nail. URL: http://www.ioffer.com/i/ogb-18mm-oil-dome-set-titanium-nail-made-in-usa-47-513405760

My dispensary has BHO wax, canna oil, bubble hash, and amber fire (rick simpson oil) -- What should I get for my first experience? Since I live up in Seattle, I'm guessing it'll be here by early next week. He also is throwing in a 14mm keck clip for my $40 infamous bubbler that I plan on using with this set up.

I am also trying to find a good resource for glass pieces. Mostly just general information about what they do, etc. The big pretty ones look like a mad scientist contraption. Not sure what all the scientific glass does. I know with my infamous bubbler I can get bigger hits and cooler vapor when used with my Solo. Same concept?

timmahsan,

matthend

Ha, just got back in town to a package from Mike.Same thing exactly. Wow! My first attempt at dabs on a nail... this was qwiso from mugs so taste wasn't awesome, but wow..

Did I say wow?
Don't know which dome/sleeve I prefer yet they both work like champs. I worry about heating the glass on the sleeve though

matthend,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I'm busting my concentrates cherry with OGB's dome set with the ti nail. URL: http://www.ioffer.com/i/ogb-18mm-oil-dome-set-titanium-nail-made-in-usa-47-513405760

My dispensary has BHO wax, canna oil, bubble hash, and amber fire (rick simpson oil) -- What should I get for my first experience? Since I live up in Seattle, I'm guessing it'll be here by early next week. He also is throwing in a 14mm keck clip for my $40 infamous bubbler that I plan on using with this set up.

I am also trying to find a good resource for glass pieces. Mostly just general information about what they do, etc. The big pretty ones look like a mad scientist contraption. Not sure what all the scientific glass does. I know with my infamous bubbler I can get bigger hits and cooler vapor when used with my Solo. Same concept?
BHO wax is what you want on the nail.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Doug

Just passing time
Well I pulled the trigger on a 18/18 dome set with Ti. I even asked if he could make the adapter a shorty, and he was very happy to do so. I am planning on using it with my infamous so that'll be really helpful. I can't wait to get my shipment.

timmahsan

treEnt
Well I pulled the trigger on a 18/18 dome set with Ti. I even asked if he could make the adapter a shorty, and he was very happy to do so. I am planning on using it with my infamous so that'll be really helpful. I can't wait to get my shipment.
Dang, good idea Doug. I should have requested the same, if I knew it mattered at the time. Anyone think I'll have any issues?

timmahsan,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Ha, just got back in town to a package from Mike.Same thing exactly. Wow! My first attempt at dabs on a nail... this was qwiso from mugs so taste wasn't awesome, but wow..

Did I say wow?
Don't know which dome/sleeve I prefer yet they both work like champs. I worry about heating the glass on the sleeve though

Don't. I've hit it from above, below and side. I typically try to heat the nail from horizontal and you can see the torch, dancing right under the sleeve. It will get hot... but you should still be able to grab it from the bottom where the joint is.

I talked to him a week ago, ordered a set and received it today:

imgp0049y.jpg

imgp0053q.jpg

Here we go. b0 posted the perfect heights for both. You could even go a little higher on the sleeve pic. Not much though. I'd just leave it probably.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: b0

matthend

been actually running it a bit lower in the sleeve. Now I have an excuse to try it out again...:D:D:D:D
Mike is the MAN!!!

matthend,
Reactions: timmahsan

timmahsan

treEnt
I echo the fact that Mike is the man. I just requested a Cloud Buddy clone to be used for my solo, and he had no issues.

I should receive my ti nail dome set today, as mail was delayed due to president's day yesterday. So very excited. Sadly, I am oncall until Monday and dabbing sounds like a bad idea if I need to be coherent :).

timmahsan

treEnt
Is the ti nails a decent grade that is included in the combo set? Better check to be safe! I trust it is though.

timmahsan,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
From the 2 LHS guys I was talking to, both stated it is a high quality nail. In fact, better than any they had to offer.

That's about the extent of my knowledge, however.

BigDaddyVapor,

timmahsan

treEnt
Excellent. Well, this will be used for my first experimentation with dabbing. If I thoroughly enjoy it, I plan to scout out a HE Ti nail, and stay with a dome.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I can see how people would stay with the dome. With the sleeve, you really have to be on the ball, with the initial pull, or you lose that first sweet *poof* off the wax. I'm still a total n00b with them to. So far, I'm only really good with it and Big Mona. Otherwise, I might just switch over to the dome with other pieces, until I get the method down.

I'm just not used to that, basically, full pull out of the gate.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

John Lewus

I contacted Mike about a solo GonG adapter and sent him a pic but he replied back he was slammed and did not have time for R&D to do this. Ah well. I've been waiting on Planet vape PVHE GonG 18mm to come into stock but been waiting Months and missed it when it was in stock.

John Lewus,

Doug

Just passing time
Well I just got my dome set with Ti. It works out great. The shorty adapter works perfect with the infamous. He even hooked me up with one of those shorty domes that some of you guys have gotten. Now I just gotta blast some flowers to try it all out. Mmmm.

Doug,
Top Bottom