Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@HellsWindStaff the KISS Cartridge you linked is indeed a one-and-done type thing, a disposable cartridge that can't have its heating element interchanged.

To fill it depends on the type of concentrate you're using. Solid stuff can be dropped in easily from above due to the wide open wide mouth design. Sticky stuff can be wiped with the right technique against the wall just above the coil, but my favorite method is to hold it with a tool just above the coil, then use a small butane flame and lick my titanium dabber with it lightly until the oil falls off the dabber onto the coil.

The Alpha Centauri V1 standalone kit, and Alpha Centauri V2 that's included with the Omicron V4 can be considered a changeable-coil version of the Gen 3 KISS cart in one regard, and that is because the single-coil and dual-coils used in the KISS carts are the same as are used in the AC coils with regards to wick, wire, and construction. Yes, both versions would work fine with a box mod; if you choose the Omicron V4, it's easy to interchange the AC v2 onto a different device in case you want to charge up your Omicron battery and keep vaping. I've also found myself using the Gen 3 KISS on the Omicron V4 since it holds a bit more- why not?

For wattage we suggest always starting low & working your way up, up to a maximum of 10 watts on single coils and 13 watts on dual coils. As far as temperature control goes, that's totally up to your particular mod and its ability to TC our Grade 2 Ti coils can't be guaranteed on our end.

Regarding your final wish to have the doughnut design inside a KISS Cart, I've addressed this issue in depth on Reddit and would welcome you to read some of my personal thoughts on the subject here: https://www.reddit.com/r/portabledabs/comments/45tkzg/any_one_try_the_kiss_alpha_centauri/

Thanks for such a prompt reply, I was going back and forth about purchasing something, but you honestly sold me with the quick reply :)

I am thinking about the Alpha Centauri kit, just the top though as I have alot of batteries/mods because of ecigs.....is the SS chamber with the black teflon (??) easily cleanable with an ISO soak? I assume that's all safe as I soak teflon parts of my Herbalaire.

And in general, are the atomizers easy to clean and reuse with ISO? I have zero experience with cleaning atomizers.....burnt out some of my Source ones (and heard they were using cheap Ti so not really trying to use my other ones) and my Dr. Dabber silica wicks are basically disposable.

The Alpha Centauri seems like something that can last me awhile, even if/when the coils go down the road, easily replaceable. But the body in general, seems like if I keep it clean and take care of it, will stay clean and nice. I did not treat my other wax devices.....great. They got gunked up and became a real PitA to use and unscrew and the whole shebang.

Also, now that I mention it, I read that the "Globe" atomizers are compatible with the Source Orb? Can you speak to that? Would be nice to pick up some atomizers from you that worked with that, since I'm not keen on using my other Source ones

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Happy to help! I'm only so fast on weekends usually but doing my best while out and about!

All alpha Centauri parts can indeed be cleaned in isopropyl alcohol, see this cleaning tutorial for further info https://www.w9tech.com/oil-vaporize...r-kiss-cartridges-and-coils-a-photo-tutorial/

Standard Globe atomizers to my knowledge are incompatible to Orb Cannon housings. Check out oilvaporizer.com and their thread here on FC for a site with some heavy duty orb cannon coils suitable for use on your box mods: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/oilvaporizer-com.18762/

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Happy to help! I'm only so fast on weekends usually but doing my best while out and about!

All alpha Centauri parts can indeed be cleaned in isopropyl alcohol, see this cleaning tutorial for further info https://www.w9tech.com/oil-vaporize...r-kiss-cartridges-and-coils-a-photo-tutorial/

Standard Globe atomizers to my knowledge are incompatible to Orb Cannon housings. Check out oilvaporizer.com and their thread here on FC for a site with some heavy duty orb cannon coils suitable for use on your box mods: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/oilvaporizer-com.18762/

Heh, I just saw those Nibblers....certainly now sold on the Centauri, and when I hit the beach for vacation will certainly be picking up a Nibbler AC, final question I swear....what are the specs for the AC? Height width? I'd like to get a case and have basically a portable rig setup :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for such a prompt reply, I was going back and forth about purchasing something, but you honestly sold me with the quick reply :)

I am thinking about the Alpha Centauri kit, just the top though as I have alot of batteries/mods because of ecigs.....is the SS chamber with the black teflon (??) easily cleanable with an ISO soak? I assume that's all safe as I soak teflon parts of my Herbalaire.

And in general, are the atomizers easy to clean and reuse with ISO? I have zero experience with cleaning atomizers.....burnt out some of my Source ones (and heard they were using cheap Ti so not really trying to use my other ones) and my Dr. Dabber silica wicks are basically disposable.

The Alpha Centauri seems like something that can last me awhile, even if/when the coils go down the road, easily replaceable. But the body in general, seems like if I keep it clean and take care of it, will stay clean and nice. I did not treat my other wax devices.....great. They got gunked up and became a real PitA to use and unscrew and the whole shebang.

Also, now that I mention it, I read that the "Globe" atomizers are compatible with the Source Orb? Can you speak to that? Would be nice to pick up some atomizers from you that worked with that, since I'm not keen on using my other Source ones
If quality is a factor then the W9 TECH is what you need.
I have both OMINCROM and PERSEI stuff I use.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
If quality is a factor then the W9 TECH is what you need.
I have both OMINCROM and PERSEI stuff I use.

Just grabbed the Nibbler AC and the AC :) I figured why not, and if I liked the AC as much as I ancitipate, I would end up grabbing the nibbler down the line anyways, hyped!

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: Nugg

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Heh, I just saw those Nibblers....certainly now sold on the Centauri, and when I hit the beach for vacation will certainly be picking up a Nibbler AC, final question I swear....what are the specs for the AC? Height width? I'd like to get a case and have basically a portable rig setup :)

The AC V1 discreet chamber is 65.25mm tall and 18mm wide, not counting the threading that'll extend inside the vaporizer.
(Add about 4.6mm if you need to account for the threading)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
just want to point out replacement batteries for the Omicron V4 have been shipped from manufacturing to us here in the States and we will ship them out this coming Tuesday to the retailers who have sold them to get the ones in the wild replaced.

Pre orders will also start on the 30th for sure for the v4 kits.

Upgrades will be sent out next week as well,

And upgrade program will be resumed on the 30th as well.
Will it start for the post jan 20th omicron owners (people that got the free one)?

Nice, I've been waiting for this. I'll have it in time to take to the nhl playoffs. Can't wait to try out the new ac v2 also, I like the way it looks with the omicron.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Will it start for the post jan 20th omicron owners (people that got the free one)?

Nice, I've been waiting for this. I'll have it in time to take to the nhl playoffs. Can't wait to try out the new ac v2 also, I like the way it looks with the omicron.

for the ones who got the free omicrons they can start ordering around the 10th or 15th of April. We need to catch up with our current back log first.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
for the ones who got the free omicrons they can start ordering around the 10th or 15th of April. We need to catch up with our current back log first.
That's cool, I've been wanting to spend some serious time with my herc anyways.

Will running the herc on it with the black rod be similar to running it on 3.7 on an omicron/persei? Better? I remember reading the v4 is better with sub-ohm so I was wondering if that made a difference with the herc because [insert science I don't get here].

StormyPinkness,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
That's cool, I've been wanting to spend some serious time with my herc anyways.

Will running the herc on it with the black rod be similar to running it on 3.7 on an omicron/persei? Better? I remember reading the v4 is better with sub-ohm so I was wondering if that made a difference with the herc because [insert science I don't get here].

Not really certified to run the Herc on it but it is going to be similar.

thegoo

@THC SCIENTIFIC
Is there anyway to check which batch of Omicrons I purchased from?
I bought my V4 from my LHS last week, but I think they have had them for almost a month now.
I have been using it steadily for the last two days and am not sure what to look for as far as indicators to any potential battery issues.
At first I thought that the battery was not supplying the correct voltage to the dual coil (i was running it at the green setting, 16W) and it was taking 3-4 seconds to get hot enough to produce vapor.
Any help you could offer would be appreciated.
- TheGoo

thegoo,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC
I bought my V4 from my LHS last week, but I think they have had them for almost a month now.
I have been using it steadily for the last two days and am not sure what to look for as far as indicators to any potential battery issues.
At first I thought that the battery was not supplying the correct voltage to the dual coil (i was running it at the green setting, 16W) and it was taking 3-4 seconds to get hot enough to produce vapor.
- TheGoo

if you have a v4 all you have to do is ship us back the battery and we will ship out a new one thats if your LHS doesnt replace it.

Which LHS you get it from?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Got my Alpha Centauri in the mail today....super excited to check it out :)

I do have a question, is the ceramic disc in the doughnut supposed to be loose? I saw you guys had replacement doughnuts for sale, so I kind of assume this. But it falls out basically if you turn it upside and give it any sort of motion....imagine it will stick in better once it gets some use :)

The Nibbler is a sexy little piece of glass too.....so small! Quality though, nice and thick and feels great!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

I do have a question, is the ceramic disc in the doughnut supposed to be loose? I saw you guys had replacement doughnuts for sale, so I kind of assume this. But it falls out basically if you turn it upside and give it any sort of motion....imagine it will stick in better once it gets some use :)

The Nibbler is a sexy little piece of glass too.....so small! Quality though, nice and thick and feels great!

Glad you got the Kiss AC safe and sound. The answers to your question is:

Yes it is loose and once you load it up it will stay in there, and as far as the Nibbler is concerned glad you like it.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I know some people like to take it out so they can butter up both sides. Perfect for people that use syringes, a little tougher for loose stuff.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@THC SCIENTIFIC
- TheGoo
Battery issues may or may not crop up, I've talked to many current V4 customers using their Omicrons with no issues, but we feel its better to be safe in any case- we'll send you some free coils along with the new battery, so why not?

Check with your retailer first; if they don't have replacements, Just enclose your reciept with your Omicron battery and ship it per instructions at https://www.w9tech.com/shipping-returns/ we'll get you sorted out. Oh and as far as usage, try letting off briefly after 3 seconds, then get right back on the buttton, see if you get more vapor production on the second pulse.

But it falls out basically if you turn it upside and give it any sort of motion....imagine it will stick in better once it gets some use :)
That's normal, so that its easy to remove the wick. The best way to load the 1701 the first time or two is to sandwich oils between the white heating donut and the black wick. You can easily slide the wick out while warm, but once its been used it should stay in place once cool.

If you're working with a gooey or oily oil, wiping it on the wick and putting it oil side down, then buttering up the top like @StormyPinkness said works great! The idea here is to get oil in contact with the heater right off the bat, instead of heat having to work its way up through the air pockets in the wick to get oils sitting on top to start melting. After a bit of use the oils will feed down through the donut into the heater, just keep it saturated but not over full and enjoy!

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Thanks for all the help fellas :) it's much appreciated!

How many volts is required for the 2 Coil Ti? I thought I had read 7.1/7.2 somewhere, but I could be mistaken and thought it would work at 3.7?

I'm running the doughnut on 13 watts, and my Kbox is saying 3.3-3.6 volts basically everytime I'm hitting it, so that's right on the money! Just don't want to fry my dual, but I am looking to try something as a "one hitter" dab with this thing... I figure the single coil would work, but why not use the two if feasible? Think I'll end up giving it a shot :)

I am faded off the doughnut though! Hits for days! The Centauri glass attachment is awesome, great taste, my first glass globe type of wax pen and its sooo much nicer than the SS Source or my Dr. Dabber.

The Nibbler is a whole nother level though! I honestly have no idea how water does not get down into the atomizer, granted I am using very little water but just the whole shape is very intriguing to me.....smooths it out really nice!

Edit: Just pulsed it at 13, took a while for the coil to glow but started glowing pretty fast once I did a few pulses! Just dry, will load it up once it cools down!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks for all the help fellas :) it's much appreciated!

How many volts is required for the 2 Coil Ti? I thought I had read 7.1/7.2 somewhere, but I could be mistaken and thought it would work at 3.7?

I'm running the doughnut on 13 watts, and my Kbox is saying 3.3-3.6 volts basically everytime I'm hitting it, so that's right on the money! Just don't want to fry my dual, but I am looking to try something as a "one hitter" dab with this thing... I figure the single coil would work, but why not use the two if feasible? Think I'll end up giving it a shot :)

I am faded off the doughnut though! Hits for days! The Centauri glass attachment is awesome, great taste, my first glass globe type of wax pen and its sooo much nicer than the SS Source or my Dr. Dabber.

The Nibbler is a whole nother level though! I honestly have no idea how water does not get down into the atomizer, granted I am using very little water but just the whole shape is very intriguing to me.....smooths it out really nice!

Edit: Just pulsed it at 13, took a while for the coil to glow but started glowing pretty fast once I did a few pulses! Just dry, will load it up once it cools down!

we recommend 13 watts on the dual coils, and making them glow is a not recommended. I know some people bump the power up to 20 watts but they risk damaging the coils.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC
Thanks! Once again your customer service proves itself to be the best in the industry.
I bought my V4 from Utopia (Hicksville, NY)
They have not received any new Omicrons as of this evening, so I will be packing the battery and receipt and sending it in on Monday.
Thanks for the help, as usual G (and @SamuraiSam !!)

No need for receipt its a new unit month old at most, just send it back with a return address and we will ship out the correct battery with 5 coils.

Top Bottom