Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The problem was a bad battery! I'm now getting really nice hits but I have to keep the power on for about 15 sec a shot. The batteries do not last too long doing this. Is it OK to do this if I'm willing to sacrifice battery power?

Blue Dream the v2 has high drain batteries, if you are doing a 15 second shot per press, then that translates to three hits on the v1.

The high drain batteries are designed to drop all its energy fast, just to make sure the cartridge is supplied with enough current.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys i just went nuts and i placed a small amount of nail cartridges into prototype phase. IE they are now being made.

So lets hope we introduce these bad boys for everyone.

They can never be clogged, thats the best thing about it. Now lets hope we can get them to work for a long time.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Silvercloud538

The problem was a bad battery! I'm now getting really nice hits but I have to keep the power on for about 15 sec a shot. The batteries do not last too long doing this. Is it OK to do this if I'm willing to sacrifice battery power?

BD ,batts can be improved for heavy users ~ me upgraded to '"14650's 'protected' @ 1300 mAh"" ~ if interested ,can give you details (cost = 14.77$/ 2 batts ) ~ me bought '4' (me gets away from 'grid' sometimes for a day or 2 at a clip ~ 4 of these beasts will keep me lit for over 36 hrs non-stop vaping ,yeah ,baby ,lol

Silvercloud538,

JoeKickass

Guys i just went nuts and i placed a small amount of nail cartridges into prototype phase. IE they are now being made.

So lets hope we introduce these bad boys for everyone.

They can never be clogged, thats the best thing about it. Now lets hope we can get them to work for a long time.

Does the nail cart heat up by itself or do you have to use the Hammer?

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

I'm pretty sure the hammer is only for the Persei. THC said the nail cart will be available for the Omicron.
So I'm thinking no......

Oh good point, I was hoping for a self contained nail cart! Now we can finally vape bubble hash and keif mmm...

JoeKickass,

StonedRobot

StonedRobot,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The nail cartridge is self contained, we have videos of the early stage prototypes up on you tube, been up there for months now, check it out.

And yes it's LAyG technology, and soon to be cleanable, hoping.

Silvercloud538

BD ,take heed ,straw adjustment has '"awesome"' effect on batt *life (mindblower ,@ 35-50% increase !)

Psst* evidentally ,the short ,narrow ,glass tubing w/ tapered tip allows for a more even ,concentrated milkflow which requires much less '"juice"' to generate vapor :)

Silvercloud538,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Thank you for your service in clearing your pic posting hurdles, OF! I've always been curious to see a dead wick, as I've suspected oil builds up there. I've noticed once the cart starts weighing below the 8.4g mark, the concentrate starts to taste worse, and the potency starts to drop. Around 8.3g, I just consider the cart done and refill or reuse as needed.

On an aside, one of the biggest knocks I've had against the omicron is the rubber mouthpiece. It looks ok when it's new, but after only 10 pulls, it starts to yellow, and with little splats of oil inside, it starts looking downright gross - a huge turnoff when I have the omi out and about with me and have a group of 215 friends to share with. They're reluctant to puff it once they see the brown oil and the stained mouthpieces.

Drove up to vapor den in berkeley, picked up some 510 compatible delrin drip tips. They fit mostly fine in the omi carts, but they bottom out when they hit the bridge, and doesn't quite "sit" properly. It wobbles a bit. Simple fix though, I brought the delrin tips home and milled about 0.5mm of the metal off the bottom. Now it sits in teh omi cart nice and wobble-free, solid and tight, no leaks, great air seal, and best of all, no staining! Got a black one and a silver one, and I find the silver one matches the omicron nicely. Here's a pic for your hemming and hawing pleasure....

SmLVJ.jpg

No staining of the tip. Just your teeth when the excess lands in your mouth instead of the tip.....

EDIT: I saw your 2nd post and see you realized this the hard way. unforuntely THC's own tips suffer from the same design flaw.

ru_frothi,

Silvercloud538

The nail cartridge is self contained, we have videos of the early stage prototypes up on you tube, been up there for months now, check it out.

Imagine ,nail cartridge recycling capabilities will be critical for cost effectiveness ~

GOOD LUCK ,THC ,we need ya doing it right as usual !

Silvercloud538,

JoeKickass

I had forgot you double hit them hahaha, what's LAyG? Los Angeles You Guys?

JoeKickass,

funkin

I had forgot you double hit them hahaha, what's LAyG? Los Angeles You Guys?

I think "layg" means "learn as you go", but I'm also just guessing. It would make sense in this context, since his company is paving the way..

funkin,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
I don't have much to compare it to. I do have a Revolution, but I'm afraid I've never tried the Omicron.

I can tell you that if I end up recommending this to my friends, I won't make them go through the problems I had by finding a cheaper solution and will direct them directly to the source.

:peace:

I personally like the variable voltage in this size. The DA is a re-branded eGo like anything else with normal 510 threading. I decided to get these guys http://www.electronic-cigz.com/poeg65vavoba.html and feel that they are the best option for myself who has a few different ohm carts, 2.4 & 3, and like to change it upwith my TV, also love that it has the battery meter (don't like that it lights up red with no off option though). At the price its definitely a great option when batteries start dying and they also have the adapters everyone's talking about and fit way better than Gentleman's.

BudBuddy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys we have titanium nails coming out, soon to be added to the site in a few days.

Oh I just wanted to say that the herb chambers should be ready for testing April 5th, Hopefully Aprill 20th at Deep green festival it will be introduced to the public.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Guys we have titanium nails coming out, soon to be added to the site in a few days.

Oh I just wanted to say that the herb chambers should be ready for testing April 5th, Hopefully Aprill 20th at Deep green festival it will be introduced to the public.

Interested to hear you're going to the Deep Green Fest. That a good enough reason to go. Hopefully you'll have both old and new stuff to see/buy.

I'm sure you meant on April 21...a Saturday. Interesting that it is a one day festival but the tickets give festival times on both Sat and Sunday.

Sinclue,

DubCRider

Deep Green Festival on Saturday and for all you SJ heads I'll be at Canna Culture's 4/20 patient appreciation party. The latest issue of Culture magazine has advertisements explaining each event in detail.

DubCRider,
Top Bottom