Ok, What is your CURRENT favorite ice cream ?

lwien

Just discovered Ben & Jerry's Frozen Vanilla Greek Yogurt with Peanut Butter. It's wayyyy to easy to buy a pint and finish it in one sitting.

If ya haven't tried it, give it a shot. Almost half the calories and fat content of regular ice cream. Of course, that's the fucked up rationale I use to feel better after downing a pint. :\

lwien,
Reactions: Vicki

Cinnamonster

noco_MJicecream_916_480x360.jpg

;] (I've never tried this; it's just interesting!)

My current favorite would have to be the Smart and Final brand strawberry ice cream. Nothing special, but it's pretty great at the moment.

Have you ever tried making your own ice cream?

Cinnamonster,

quentin123

Recently tried frozen yoghurt and was really surprised. I didn't expect it to be half as good. I might have to give this Ben & Jerry's one a shot.

Round here we get this locally produced ice cream that I can get through my work. They have this peanut butter one that is literally, to die for. Serve it up with some strawberry/raspberry jelly. Its too good.

quentin123,

Selah

Enjoying the finer things in life
Torn between Ben&Jerry's Half Baked and Haagen-Dazs Belgian Chocolate, hard one:)

Selah,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think my favorite so far has been the Starbucks mocha chip. We have a local company called Sanders that makes a hot fudge to die for. Put a little of that on the ice cream and you've got a sundae that's out of this world.

However, those don't come around this house too often. Currently, we are eating single serving Skinny Cow caramel truffle ice cream on a stick. They're pretty good, but next to that sundae, they pale in comparison.

momofthegoons,

crawdad

floatin
my all time favorite is ben and jerry's wavy gravy, ive sent them emails requesting it to be returned, for now if i need a fix (which is rare, dont have a sweet tooth) i go for karamel sutra or chubby hubby.

crawdad,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Just discovered Ben & Jerry's Frozen Vanilla Greek Yogurt with Peanut Butter. It's wayyyy to easy to buy a pint and finish it in one sitting.

If ya haven't tried it, give it a shot. Almost half the calories and fat content of regular ice cream. Of course, that's the fucked up rationale I use to feel better after downing a pint. :\

Now I know what I'm getting at the grocery store tonight!! :lol:

Vicki,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh you guys are EVIL!! I love ice cream but have avoided buying it for eons due to calories/fat.

I recently fell in love w/ a homemade fake ice cream I started making that is so damn tasty - my neighbors want to know how to make it now too :D

Slice a few ripe bananas and put in ziploc - FREEZE

Take frozen banana slices and put in food processor with some optional stuff if you want. I've experimented with a dab of peanut butter, nutella and chocolate chips so far. Little goes a long way too ;) I suggest adding choc chips towards end so they don't end up ground to bits (unless you like bitty bits lol).

Run food processor - pushing bananas back down as needed and keep going until it turns into a soft serve type ice cream texture, takes only a few minutes. Can eat right then or as I do pack into freezer containers and slap back in freezer for anytime fake ice cream. My husband and neighbors are hooked plus - serving of fruit ROFL!!

My fav is a teeny bit of peanut butter and nutella together :D Dreamy!

If you skip chocolate stuff it's technically dairy free too for those that can't do dairy. Seriously good shit! My husband didn't believe me when I told him there was no cream in it.

lwien

I swear to God, ice cream is like a drug for me. I can go for a day or two or three without any ice cream cravings, but when the craving hits, it hits hard. Much like cigarettes when I quit, if I can not give into the craving for 30 minutes or so, it goes away. I don't have this with any other food, just ice cream.

And...........when I give in and get a pint of ice cream, it's gone in 20-30 minutes, so I think I can honestly say that at this point in my life, ice cream is my drug of choice. IC Anonymous, here I come. lol !!

Hmmm..........so let's see. I go thru about 2-3 pints of ice cream or frozen yogurt a week. That's about an extra 2000 to 3000 calories a week, or to put it another way, about an extra days worth of calories. Maybe a bit more.

I put a note on the back of my front door stating, "Ice cream is an addiction. Don't do eeeet !!"
One of my sons came over and noticed it and started laughing and asked me if it worked. I don't even need to tell ya what my answer was to that one. :goon:

lwien,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I stay away from ice cream because i can easily down a pint in one sitting. My current favorite is this gelato called Talenti. The cherry vanilla is sinful!

tranceporter,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Cherry Garcia is mind blowing but I tend to avoid ice cream because I can be obsessive with it also. Nothing compares with it as munchie food. "Ok I should ... I ought to stop eating it right about .. after the next spoonful.....glad I'm using a soup spoon....damn there's only a little bit left... should i save the little bit that's left so I won't feel bad that I ate the whole pint? Well it's done now, it's too late to even make a decision...wait there's a little bit left on the lid..."

lwien

Cherry Garcia is mind blowing but I tend to avoid ice cream because I can be obsessive with it also. Nothing compares with it as munchie food. "Ok I should ... I ought to stop eating it right about .. after the next spoonful.....glad I'm using a soup spoon....damn there's only a little bit left... should i save the little bit that's left so I won't feel bad that I ate the whole pint? Well it's done now, it's too late to even make a decision...wait there's a little bit left on the lid..."

Perfect. I will sit down with a pint and eat the whole thing except for one or two spoonfuls just so I can say to myself that I didn't eat the whole thing, but the really sick thing is that I HAVE to go outside and throw it in the trash can because if I just trashed it inside the house, I'd go back and dig it up.

Just goes to show ya that if you have an addictive personality, it NEVER really goes away, eh? There is no way in hell that I can make a pint of ice cream last 2 or 3 days, just like I was never able to make a gram of cocaine last 2 or 3 days.

But yet, I could have a glass of wine or a shot of JD and not have another one for a year or two or three, and not miss it one iota. Weird how we're all wired a bit differently.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It's patterns - ice cream goes with munchies and it's what goes best. I found it easy to break the pattern with ice cream. Maybe I'll share a pint of ice cream with my daughter when she stays over and I'll let her pick the flavor - but on my own it doesn't occur to me to buy it. I think I've succeeded in creating more beneficial interior circuits - I am sort of habituated to drinking Gotu Kola tea when I vape and it's good for you - there's no downside. About once a week I'll drink a good cheap Chilean Merlot but it's too easy for me to down the bottle in one sitting.

I was disappointed in the movie "The Ice Cream Man." It was not the movie I was hoping to see. "The Dentist" was actually very good. My favorite line from that movie - "I'm a GOOD dentist. Hell, maybe the best dentist there ever was!" That is quality screenwriting....

jeffp,

djonkoman

I don't eat ice often. if it's warm weather I prefer forrestfruit flavor water-ice, of icecream the best I had was melonflavor, from an icecreamfarm. no idea of you have them over here, but here you have some farms, especially in a bit more touristy/recreational areas, that make their own icecream and sell it at the farm, so you can go for a bikeride in an area like that, stop at the farm for some icecream and continue when you finished it.
I've always had a weakness for melon, not watermelon but the yellow with whitish net-pattern on the outside. and once at an icecreamfarm it turned out they had melonflavor

also some good flavors at italian iceshops in the city, but too much to have tried them all. and when in rome, I discovered the icecream is better there(also huge choice, I don't know wich flavors I had, just that it was delicious). pizza too btw, and funny thing, could finish 2 pieces of pizza in rome, while here can easily finish an entire pizza

djonkoman,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien, they didn't have it! :cry:

They did have frozen Greek yogurt, but the only flavor they had in stock was Strawberry Shortcake. :( I'm really upset. My mouth was watering for that frozen peanut butter! I might ask them to carry it next time we go back to grocery store.

Vicki,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Awww I wish I could eat Ice cream. Back in the day a million calorie McDonalds' shakes plagued me.

I shall try the banana substitute, looks tasty!

Ratm22,

lwien

lwien, they didn't have it! :cry:

They did have frozen Greek yogurt, but the only flavor they had in stock was Strawberry Shortcake. :( I'm really upset. My mouth was watering for that frozen peanut butter! I might ask them to carry it next time we go back to grocery store.

Frozen Vanilla with Peanut Butter. I'm soooo sorry......

lwien,
Reactions: Vicki

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
As a teenager growing up in Long Island, I heard this story about two friends who got stoned together one afternoon. Larry and Paul - they walked to McDonald's and Larry (we called him either "Laddy" or "Larry the Lung" or "Lt. Lung" or "The Mad Lung" - well we thought it was funny at the time...) ordered a whole shitload of food - two shakes, like six cheeseburgers, extra large fries, apple pie. Paul ordered whatever - but it wasn't excessive. Then they walked to the candy store because Larry wanted gum. From there they started waking to my house - about a fifteen minute walk. Here's what I remember of the conversation as it was reported to me:

Paul: Can I have a piece of gum Larry?
(Larry then pretends not to hear and puts all the gum from the pack in his mouth and starts chewing)
Larry: What?
Paul: You could have saved me a piece, Larry.
Larry: Man, I feel sick...
Paul: I'd feel sick too Larry if I ate what you just ate.
Larry: Man, I feel down...think I'm going to throw up.
(Larry then looks down and throws up on Paul's shoe)
Paul: Look what you fucking did, you just threw up on my shoe you asshole!
Larry: Look man, that's my cheeseburger!

jeffp,

djonkoman

^haha
I can relate to that paul a bit, eventough my friends never munched really excessively. but one friend always orders a 'frikadel speciaal without speciaal' when we go to one particular snackbar(place with fries and other deepfried food)
frikadel is a kind of sausage(http://www.spreekbeurten.info/frikadel3.jpg), and speciaal means it's sliced open and filled with mayo, ketchup(or curry) and onionpieces(http://mijnzegje.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/frikadel.gif)
one time when we were stoned he ordered that, and from that moment on everry time we go there he orders it(while I order a frikadel speciaal), he says he likes the cut/slice in the middle...
it's always accompanied by that weird look from the guy or girl behind the counter, then him explaining he likes the cut/slice

djonkoman,

SalamiCity

Magic Brownies by B/J and then there was this Rasberry filled chocolate in vanilla ice cream goodness from Herseys :D.

SalamiCity,
Top Bottom