Ok I've done my research, Ive nailed my vape choices to these...

Status
Not open for further replies.

METHODOLOLGICAL

Underdog
Extreme Q
Silver Surfer
Da Buddha

Please help me choose, this is my first vaporizer, primarily for marijuana use, but if one can also vape oils that would be cool cuz id liek to try some oils some time

METHODOLOLGICAL,

vape4life

Banned for life
Crap that's impossible! pick it out of a hat or something lol seriously all top shelf machines.

vape4life,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I can't speak for the rest but the SSV was my first vaporizer and it's still one of my favorites. It is a universal in the sense that it's damn near impossible not to be very impressed by it, and it's built very well and it's also very forgiving. It's also Willie Nelson's vaporizer of choice. I have in fact decided that from now on when anybody asks me what vaporizer they should get - newbies - i will always say SSV.

jeffp,
Reactions: FLskwat

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I've heard the Underdog + SSV make a great combo, :D

I went from the EQ to the SSV, couldn't be happier. The only next steps for me is The Cloud, a portable, and a log. I just can't stop looking at glass though, :lol:

Tweak,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I would recommend SSV over EQ as it's better suited and simpiler for whip while bags are archaic. Why there is no Cloud in the choises? :) You have heavy hitters, mostly glass ones there and Cloud is the king of that type of vapes.

Seek,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I would go with the Underdog or the SSV. They are both fantastic devices. They both can vaporize oils, hash, flowers, and keif. They are both pretty simple to use. They both deliver good results.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: FLskwat

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
We don't know a lot about your requirements, but I'll cheer for the UD any day. The SSV was my first vape, but I haven't missed it since I discovered the logs.

All of them will vape oils one way or another.

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
Underdog
Extreme Q
Silver Surfer
Da Buddha

Please help me choose, this is my first vaporizer, primarily for marijuana use, but if one can also vape oils that would be cool cuz id liek to try some oils some time

Silver Surfer
Da Buddha
Underdog
Extreme Q

I'd personally put the SSV above the EQ for many reasons, and if you're tight for $ get the DBV over the SSV, both are awesome, just gotta be careful not to combust. If you really want bags or a party kinda vape with remote and fan for vapour shooters and beeps/lights get the EQV. Not as clean airpath though imo.

Save up more, get a Cloud. Cloud Nation man.

vape4life,

quentin123

I've always been led to believe that the SSV and the DaBuddha use the exact same heating element? Meaning that the difference is mainly in appearance and the fact that the DB has a gong whip? Is this correct or is the silver surfer actually a harder hitter?

quentin123,

vape4life

Banned for life
I also think you should add Arizer Solo to your list...that would be my choice, over all of them. Get the Power Adapter, PV or ed's stems, gong, and fucking enjoy on the go, or at home. Pow.

vape4life,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I've always been led to believe that the SSV and the DaBuddha use the exact same heating element? Meaning that the difference is mainly in appearance and the fact that the DB has a gong whip? Is this correct or is the silver surfer actually a harder hitter?

The air input whole at the base of the standard HC of the SSV + the output whole are MUCH SMALLER then the ones on the DBV = air/vape ratio much higher on the DBV = much more airy hits then the SSV= SSV bigger hitter ! ;)

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol... Hard to choose just one from your list IMHO.

The SSV if my main focus was a heavy hitter. The UD if my main focus was conservation. In a perfect world... both lol.

The SSV was my main heavy hitter before I met the Cloud, loved it. A great heavy hitter!

Lo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
wouldnt recommend the EQ because of melting material in the airpath

What are you talking about?

The SSV if my main focus was a heavy hitter. The UD if my main focus was conservation. In a perfect world... both lol.

The SSV was my main heavy hitter before I met the Cloud, loved it. A great heavy hitter!

I was gonna say the same thing.

stickstones,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok, so what I did was I bought the Extreme Q and the WISPR. I actually really really love the Extreme Q. It's awesome. Temperature dial is great. I get very medicated. I love it. The WISPR is a great portable. But honestly, if you even slightly click on the VapeXhale Cloud on the Vaporizer Discussion, it's all over. It seems incredible. In 2 weeks, I bought the Extreme Q, the WISPR, and the Cloud! I ordered the Cloud last night. I just started vaping this week.

Trust me, if you can save the extra cash for the Cloud, I don't think you will be disappointed.

If you are going to use this with a group of people, consider the Extreme Q cause it can fill bags. Otherwise, in your list, I'd probably go with an SSV. That was the one I was going to buy, until I saw the VapeXhale Cloud thread, and became completely enamored.

newVaper420,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
What are you talking about?

Hope peterchen don't mind, from the EQ thread:

20120714_110046.jpg

20120714_110213.jpg

According to user JCat, he says he emailed Arizer, who told him:

"The piece you are asking about is not plastic, it is Mica, and poses no risk to you." :\

METHODOLOLGICAL

So it seems like the Cloud is a good option. I wasnt familiar with it until now plus its a new vape so thats always cool.

I was reading on the forum and see a lot of people talk about using glass wit the cloud. Do you have to do this? is it recommended? Which glass do you recommend?

METHODOLOLGICAL,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The Cloud itself has a glass core. Ed is making some wooden mouthpieces, so you don't need to use it with glass, but sucking on it's male joint without anything would not be comfortable and hot. Cloud is intended to use with glass. Now it comes with optional HydraTubes - bubblers with intake from the bottom, so you put them on top like a mouthpiece. You can use it with any 18mm glass and other glass if you have reductions.

Seek,

Vessel

Would you rather have one cloud or one ud and a ssv with decent water pipe to boob?

Out of the two I've obtain so far

Best: Eq 2010 - First vape and pretty decent to say the least. Air path doesn't sound perfect but I haven't had any real issues as far as I can tell. While I have nothing to really compare it to, I think the vapor I obtain is pretty nice and not adulterated w/ anything foul as far as I can taste..

Worst: Mflb - Meh...... Seriously not what I am looking for in a vape. I can get it to work but its kind of a frustrating device for me to use. I think it works pretty decently with concentrates to water pipe, and being able to travel.. i guess but I still don't favor it as much as others here do. My opinon is it is not worth the price when you can put it towards a log vape etc..

I am now trying to decide between the cloud and a ssv w/ water pipe. Its one bitch of a decision - I want a heavy hitter that can serve as a conserver of herb while still delivering nice thick vapor - as I've heard the cloud to able to do..

I could get the ssv, water pipe and ud for around the price of the cloud, maybe even a little less. I have a few other different scenarios but I don't want to get any more carried away.

Vessel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
MFLB is not just for any situation, but it'S priceless when you're out and also need stealth. Or fast hits. It can be the only vape, but it can get frustrating, better to have it with some heavy hitter to make a heavy/stealth combo (which covers almost every situation).

Seek,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
One of the reasons I replaced my SSV was that I found it to uses to much product for my likings. It'll depend on how much you are used to using of course, but if your goal is conserving I would rather look in to the heavy hitting logs (UD, HI) then the SSV. Unless you plan on getting the VB mini wand to accompany it perhaps, I never tried that one myself.

edit: never mind, I thought Vessel was the TS for a minute there.

OhTheAgony,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So it seems like the Cloud is a good option. I wasnt familiar with it until now plus its a new vape so thats always cool.

I was reading on the forum and see a lot of people talk about using glass wit the cloud. Do you have to do this? is it recommended? Which glass do you recommend?

METHODOLOLGICAL, it comes with something called a Hydratube. It has a recessed female joint, and sits on top of the Cloud. Right now, they have two options in stock, made by Evolver Glass. (You can see glasstafarian's work in the Evolver Glass thread in the Glass section). They have a HydraCirc and a HydraTree. I chose the HydraTree. You can choose to fill it with water, for moisture condensed vapor, or not. According to the threads it is one of the most efficient vapes, meaning you can use less product (it seems). I actually don't know cause I ordered mine on Thursday and it's not here.

That being said, I love my EQ. It's sitting here right now, and it works wonderfully. However, given the choice, I probably would have went Cloud first (I didn't know about it till I saw a thread on it), and got an EQ later. The cloud allows for use with all sorts of glass apparatuses. Just watch a few of those videos. It's insane the "cloud" of vapor it gives you.

I love the EQs versatility. I still haven't used the bags (I might have mentioned this). Also, you do have to stir the herbs in the chamber around a bunch with the EQ. It doesn't have uniform heating it appears. It actually comes with a glass stirrer.

I also have a WISPR. I haven't used that much, maybe two or three times total. It's great though, I love it. I like the fact that it runs on butane so I don't have to charge anything ever.

newVaper420,

Kaptan

Underdog
Extreme Q
Silver Surfer
Da Buddha

I would suggest the Arizer Solo. It's more compact, portable, and the clouds IMO rival the EQ. It's also better at conserving your stash.

Kaptan,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I would suggest the Arizer Solo. It's more compact, portable, and the clouds IMO rival the EQ. It's also better at conserving your stash.

Kaptan, as his first vaporizer, I don't think the Solo is a good idea. I'll tell you why. You need to charge it for four hours, and you can not use it while it's charging. That's the only reason I don't think that that one should be his first vaporizer. I understand it is awesome, and does deliver great vapor, but that battery issue is a big deal breaker for me. That's why I went with the WISPR.

But maybe for him, not a big deal. Just mentioning it :-)

newVaper420,

Kaptan

Kaptan, as his first vaporizer, I don't think the Solo is a good idea. I'll tell you why. You need to charge it for four hours, and you can not use it while it's charging. That's the only reason I don't think that that one should be his first vaporizer. I understand it is awesome, and does deliver great vapor, but that battery issue is a big deal breaker for me. That's why I went with the WISPR.

But maybe for him, not a big deal. Just mentioning it :-)
I have 2 Solos and not once, even when completely dead, did it take 4 hours to charge. It takes 90 minutes to charge a Solo completely. There is also a power adapter available that bypasses the battery.
I dislike butane and that is why I went with the Solo.

Kaptan,

max

Out to lunch
The heating element is the same, but the airflow out of the heater cover is different-narrower on the SSV, producing a slightly higher vapor to air ratio and therefore a little more vapor per hit. It also requires moving the wand around a little to spread out the heat. It also gives you as much control over your hits (or more) as any vape. The DBV gives more predictable hits, and the 'one hand free' connection is also a big difference. I like both models, but if forced to choose just one I'd take the SSV. The E isn't going to provide the same richness in your hits-bigger bowl and air path means more air per hit. But you do get the bag fill option.

Kaptan said:
Suggesting option #5 when the OP has narrowed his list to 4 options? And now you're totally off topic in arguing your case with another member.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom