Ok I've done my research, Ive nailed my vape choices to these...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I find the SSV to be a reasonably efficient vaporizer, a little bit of ground bud will provide a few flavorful solid good hits (a log vape is more efficient though). The two things I like about the SSV being not hands free are about control - you can turn the bowl around the heater (like dialing) as you're hitting, and you can release the bowl at the end of the hit for the cool air blast. There is a hands free adapter for the SSV but I prefer not to use it at all. If you end up picking the SSV when you get it I think it will be obvious to you that it's built with the highest level of quality. I love the log vapes but more preparation is required and it may not be ideal for a beginner. On the other hand the preparation is minor and simple - drying and grinding. Still, you can get away with not drying or even grinding with the SSV (if you search youtube for tokinGLX it's this guy Paul who put up a few great tutorials for the SSV and he personally recommends using a manicuring scissor rather than a grinder for the SSV. When I first got my SSV four or five years ago I didn't have a grinder - my education came later - so I just put a nug in and it worked great. that's why I said earlier that it's a very forgiving vaporizer.).

Bottom line is that I wouldn't over think it at this point - you have the various recommendations and you'll be happy whatever you pick, and most likely you'll end up buying a few others down the line.

jeffp,

Pcpvapors

To be quite honest, you'll more than likely end up with more than one vape down the line. I'm pretty certain it's happened to all of us here, and with the manufacturers putting shiny toy images up here it is quite tempting. Damn VAS

Pcpvapors,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
To be quite honest, you'll more than likely end up with more than one vape down the line. I'm pretty certain it's happened to all of us here, and with the manufacturers putting shiny toy images up here it is quite tempting. Damn VAS

Hahaha I completely agree with that. I was only going to buy the WISPR and I wound up with the WISPR, Extreme Q and VXC all in 2 weeks.

newVaper420,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
At least you got the VXC, we think of it as VAS cure here. :D At least until VXL releases a new vape.

Seek,

Evry1concentrate

It's 7:10, maryjane you better concentrate.
Underdog
Extreme Q
Silver Surfer
Da Buddha

Please help me choose, this is my first vaporizer, primarily for marijuana use, but if one can also vape oils that would be cool cuz id liek to try some oils some time
Go SSV for you first. the silver surfer, it was my first, and it wont disappoint. And the guys at 7th floor that make them are really good people, if you ever had a problem with it, even way past warranty Ive seen them fix the issue. Oh an da buddha is pretty much the same unit if your trying to save a few bucks. minor differences that some prefer.

Evry1concentrate,

METHODOLOLGICAL

Thanks for all the input, btw what is a log vape. Does it refer to the UD vape? Or some other generalization of vapes?

METHODOLOLGICAL,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Generalization, log vapes are the wooden ones with no real temp control, just the core, surrounded by a pretty wood structure. The Purple Dayz, Under Dog, Heat Island, Wychwood, those are all log vapes.

Quetzalcoatl,

METHODOLOLGICAL

Generalization, log vapes are the wooden ones with no real temp control, just the core, surrounded by a pretty wood structure. The Purple Dayz, Under Dog, Heat Island, Wychwood, those are all log vapes.

and why r they more efficient, would you recommend a log vape?

METHODOLOLGICAL,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Because they're tiny (small load chamber -> smaller doses -> precise doses -> saving) and have strong heat exchangers so the tiny load gets vapes fast (Good extraction -> saving). They're very easy to load, use, reload (less effort -> more time to enjoy mj -> saving). I wish I could have one, but I'll go VXC and that takes enough money. I've heard that VXC can deal with small load as good as log vapes.

Seek,

Evry1concentrate

Thanks for all the input, btw what is a log vape. Does it refer to the UD vape? Or some other generalization of vapes?
Sense wood conducts the heat so much, they are always a pain in the ass to keep at the right temp, you can never find that sweet spot. The SSV and DA BUDDA don't have that problem at all. And don't think a digital temp display means shit because it doesn't. It just makes shitty machines look good. Unless its a dope machine with one, then they're cool. But im sure your not trying to break the bank. A dial control is equally as accurate, once you get passed the learning curve. Wood just isn't an efficient material for what we're doing.

Evry1concentrate,

Evry1concentrate

Wood conducts much less heat than any metal, or glass...
Because of its quick conduction and its quick let off on the outside, it makes a stable heat impossible. You might get close. The ssv and the buddha, i've owned both, and they both locked on perfectly. I still have my ssv, and on the rare occasion i puff flowers i keep my ssv. I've also worked at a large head shop and was able to get everything at cost, so i cant even tell you how many different ones of these things I've owned. I am in know way trying to argue points, or argue at all. Just trying to help a brother out. Wood will work, but ask anyone. we all upgrade.

Evry1concentrate,
Interesting, I sold my DBV very shortly after getting my UD! I find the UD hits better than the DBV, uses less herb and fits my lifestyle better (home stealth is important to me and the UD doesn't scream paraphernalia like a DBV does).

Methodololgical, maybe you should just grab all four?

Rename Rev Ye Us,

max

Out to lunch
Evry1concentrate said:
Sense wood conducts the heat so much, they are always a pain in the ass to keep at the right temp, you can never find that sweet spot.
You're kind of new here, and despite your head shop experience, we have a rule about stating opinion as fact. Some of us (myself included) have used and owned a lot of different vape models over the years. I used an SSV for years, and it was a good complementary vape to my log vape (used various models of that type), but to this day at least half of my vaping is with a log. I have no problem with the temp action of a log vape, and actually have no use for a "sweet spot" on any vape, since I have no need of a single, set temp for all my vaping. There are a lot of good vape designs in today's market, and people will have their preferences. So I'd suggest dialing back on your absolutes and just state your opinion, and make it clear with the occasional 'I think' or 'IMO' that it is your opinion, and not a fact.

max,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Hard to answer without knowing more about your personal scenario. Stealth/portability, cost, consumption/conservation, use in groups, etc all impact the choice. If you could rank these variables in terms of personal importance that would help greatly. Maybe give a total price range as it may be that you could cover more bases with more than one unit. The cloud sounds great and I am sure it is, but you could buy a few other units for what it costs if that is a contender.

In the end, the group is right and you will more than likely want more than one for differing scenarios. Without knowing answers to the above, I LOVE my UD and also enjoy having two other choices when it is not possible to use the UD.

happyTrails,

Evry1concentrate

Sorry people didn't meant to break the rules, i was just trying to help a brother pick a good vape. Never expected underhanded comments, from a person taking there time to pick apart my post. IMO thats counterproductive, and a first in this forum for me. So im gonna "dial back". Good luck on the vape hunt brother. There are allot of great companies out there. Take care

Evry1concentrate,

max

Out to lunch
Never expected underhanded comments, from a person taking there time to pick apart my post. IMO thats counterproductive, and a first in this forum for me.
Why was it underhanded? I straight out told you that you were presenting opinion as fact, and it's your responsibility to know the rules. You've been here for 3 months, after all. 'Dialing back' is a good idea, if it pertains to the issue I brought up. And you might keep in mind that those of us with the star in front of the user name are staff, and not just a "person".

max,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Methodological, i am going to add my opinion to the list although it might not add much more because the most important topics have been adressed.

First, i would like to say that it is tricky to advise on your choices if we don't know the reasons why you chose them in the first place.

Second, i only owned the DaBuddha and i have a Wychwood that it is a log vape pretty similar to the Underdog.

Between the DBV and the SSV, i find you would be happy with either as they are very similar, although the SSV has a few tweaks that improved the overall experience, i chose the DBV because i think IMO the difference price doesn't justify the differences and you can actually get a custom SSV heater cover for your DBV and vice versa.

The EQ, has the advantage of versatibility, and would help you define your preferences because you have digital temp, bags, whip, remote control and you can pair it with a bong. OTOH, there seems to be a tendency to evolve from whip vapes to vapes who pair well with water and also to not use bags unless with a group. Bear in mind, this is a tendency i observed here at FC, everyone is different.

The UD, being similar to the WW, would be my main choice for you, based on your preferences and my own experience in this journey.

Why? Because:

1- It is made to be always on (although you can also unplug it between uses, but it usually takes ~15min depending on the model, to get to the right temp), so when you want to vape, you just have to load a stem.

2- You don't have glass parts that break and it is very convenient to store and carry

3- It is versatile, you can use it dry or with a bong without the use of any kind of adapters, which saves you money as well

4- Although the SSV/DBV and others are the heavy-hitters of excelence, it is mainly because of the higher capacity of the bowls.

5- The smaller capacity of the bowl, coupled with the short vapor path, allow for a very good extraction, with wonderfull flavour (there are very few above in taste) and saves the herb.

My DBV is on the shelf ever since i got my WW, and i am not alone in this preference. Maybe i am lazy and don't want the hassle of setting it up. And maybe, i find it difficult controling my dosage because of the higher capacity of the bowl. And all these maybes might not be something you will relate in the end, so.. choose wisely, it is likely other choices will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom