Official Vaporizer Rap Song!

bcleez

I am using Nas to refute your statement.

"Real Talk" "No Homo" "Swag" etc are ruining the art.

You are not KRS-ONE so don't try to pull a temple of hip-hop explanation on me.

I am waiting for quality artists to master their art form and produce some quality art.

I am not worried I have some friends that are pushing over 100k units with quality raps.

BTW your suggestion does not compute... did I not post Stakes Is High? Focus on your hood, although it is quite unfortunate that your "hood" produces very low quality hiphop that would really slant your perspective. Remember.... "its a midwest thinnnnnnnnnnnng ooooooooooooh"

bcleez,

2clicker

Observer
bcleez said:
Focus on your hood, although it is quite unfortunate that your "hood" produces very low quality hiphop that would really slant your perspective. Remember.... "its a midwest thinnnnnnnnnnnng ooooooooooooh"
who was this directed at?

2clicker,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
All I'm saying is when I think of the game I think of the rap music industry and making money, fairly sure that's what Nas was talking about too. Or whatever other game you're playing. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not really the whole picture. I don't hear "real talk" that often, don't really care. As far as no homo and swag go, totally agree, fucking lame. Not really saying my hood, produces great music either, it doesn't really. That's not really the whole picture either though...

bluntfaced,

luchiano

To me HIP HOP is dead(meaning the culture including rap music and dead meaning not giving inspiration like it used to) because of EVERYBODY. This means fans, record company execs, and artist(DJ's, rappers, producers). To me this applies to most of the arts not just HIP HOP.

Everyone just wants a quick buck and said forget about the art because even though you can eat, you can't get rich because in order to do that you would have to appeal to more people and sadly the mainstream of people just follow what is happening and if what is happening is not thinking too much or something that just makes you dance than that will be done by artist to get paid BUT only a few can do this well and get paid unless you do something new and get lucky but there are very few who do this.

I blame DJ's who are lazy and don't do anything new and in fact have gotten lazy with the new DJ software like serato and traktor and think it's still only about breaking a new track when that is only one part of the equation. You can do so much now because you know the BPM, the key, you don't have to look hard for the music in crates because it's all on the computer which means quickness, you have cue points, and so much more yet all you hear is sloppy mixes or they don't mix at all.

The same for producers. You can now take old and new sounds and mix them together and still have a loud clean sound yet you have producers who are living in the '90's or the trend now which is the '80's and dance music in other words new wave disco. No one is incorporating ALL of the sounds and arrangements that came before us such as reggae, classical, soul, rock, heavy metal, electronic. We are living in a time where you can literally make a new sound just like the people did before us but faster and easier because of technology but there are two things that stop people, FEAR and KNOWLEDGE.

Most people FEAR being different and most fear taking the time to learn the KNOWLEDGE on how to work these software systems let alone listen to all the different styles of music and see how they can incorporate the styles into one so the easiest way is to rely on IMAGE and this can mean swag or keeping it real HIP HOP. Both different but still an image. We are doing and listening to music everything else is miscellaneous to this fact. It's important to categorize so you won't get robbed of money by greedy execs and they won't still your style of music like they are doing now by combining "black" music(rap and R&B) and calling them HIP HOP to save money but as the artist when you go in that studio you have to remember you are making music and being creative based on your LIFE and how what you have experienced and everything else will revolve around that not the other way around. Most people today base their life on music or rather being a star and everything revolves around that which is why they don't really have nothing to talk about but the same things that the star did before them. Nothing new or saying something in a different way just the same old thing just packaged and delivered to a younger and mostly ignorant audience because they don't listen to the music that came before them

When someone finds out how to incorporate all the styles of previous music and make it sound good, then we will see a new change until then continue to be bored like I am and only have hype of the new thing to keep you going until you master the new style and present it to the public.

Speaking of producers I was just watching Hank Shocklee on youtube speaking about Reason 5 and he is the perfect example of a producer mixing styles to bring in something new. When he did the second and third public enemy albums he would use so many samples from different types of songs and incorporate them into one and the production would come out AMAZING. Now a days the sampling laws make that hard BUT we have technology where it can still be done just not so blatant yet people just do simple loops and simple melodies when we can now learn different instruments and play them on one piece of equipment and don't have to rely on samples to recreate a sound and even if we do we can flip the sample to make it even better but man has become lazy with technology and it's not just music. People would rather text than talk on the phone. This is crazy. As a man I want to hear a women talking to me so I can hear her voice and understand what she truly means whereas typing words is lifeless and lacks that thing that makes us human, EMOTIONS.

Anyway sorry for the long post I just had this on my mind.

Hank Shocklee interview on Reason 5 patches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u92yaH-rO-M

luchiano,

2clicker

Observer
i dont understand why we are talking about the use of the terms "real talk" or "no homo" etc...

i only used real talk as a joke. prolly about the 3rd time ive ever used it.

next thing you know somebody will be telling me how lame i am because i spelled the word dude "dood" or blood "bluhhd" etc... when really WHO FUCKING CARES?

christ

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
luchiano said:
To me HIP HOP is dead(meaning the culture including rap music and dead meaning not giving inspiration like it used to) because of EVERYBODY. This means fans, record company execs, and artist(DJ's, rappers, producers). To me this applies to most of the arts not just HIP HOP.

Everyone just wants a quick buck and said forget about the art because even though you can eat, you can't get rich because in order to do that you would have to appeal to more people and sadly the mainstream of people just follow what is happening and if what is happening is not thinking too much or something that just makes you dance than that will be done by artist to get paid BUT only a few can do this well and get paid unless you do something new and get lucky but there are very few who do this.

I blame DJ's who are lazy and don't do anything new and in fact have gotten lazy with the new DJ software like serato and traktor and think it's still only about breaking a new track when that is only one part of the equation. You can do so much now because you know the BPM, the key, you don't have to look hard for the music in crates because it's all on the computer which means quickness, you have cue points, and so much more yet all you hear is sloppy mixes or they don't mix at all.

The same for producers. You can now take old and new sounds and mix them together and still have a loud clean sound yet you have producers who are living in the '90's or the trend now which is the '80's and dance music in other words new wave disco. No one is incorporating ALL of the sounds and arrangements that came before us such as reggae, classical, soul, rock, heavy metal, electronic. We are living in a time where you can literally make a new sound just like the people did before us but faster and easier because of technology but there are two things that stop people, FEAR and KNOWLEDGE.

Most people FEAR being different and most fear taking the time to learn the KNOWLEDGE on how to work these software systems let alone listen to all the different styles of music and see how they can incorporate the styles into one so the easiest way is to rely on IMAGE and this can mean swag or keeping it real HIP HOP. Both different but still an image. We are doing and listening to music everything else is miscellaneous to this fact. It's important to categorize so you won't get robbed of money by greedy execs and they won't still your style of music like they are doing now by combining "black" music(rap and R&B) and calling them HIP HOP to save money but as the artist when you go in that studio you have to remember you are making music and being creative based on your LIFE and how what you have experienced and everything else will revolve around that not the other way around. Most people today base their life on music or rather being a star and everything revolves around that which is why they don't really have nothing to talk about but the same things that the star did before them. Nothing new or saying something in a different way just the same old thing just packaged and delivered to a younger and mostly ignorant audience because they don't listen to the music that came before them

When someone finds out how to incorporate all the styles of previous music and make it sound good, then we will see a new change until then continue to be bored like I am and only have hype of the new thing to keep you going until you master the new style and present it to the public.

Speaking of producers I was just watching Hank Shocklee on youtube speaking about Reason 5 and he is the perfect example of a producer mixing styles to bring in something new. When he did the second and third public enemy albums he would use so many samples from different types of songs and incorporate them into one and the production would come out AMAZING. Now a days the sampling laws make that hard BUT we have technology where it can still be done just not so blatant yet people just do simple loops and simple melodies when we can now learn different instruments and play them on one piece of equipment and don't have to rely on samples to recreate a sound and even if we do we can flip the sample to make it even better but man has become lazy with technology and it's not just music. People would rather text than talk on the phone. This is crazy. As a man I want to hear a women talking to me so I can hear her voice and understand what she truly means whereas typing words is lifeless and lacks that thing that makes us human, EMOTIONS.

Anyway sorry for the long post I just had this on my mind.

Hank Shocklee interview on Reason 5 patches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u92yaH-rO-M

real talk! ...oh shit (4th)

hip hop is pretty much dead, but there are still some DJs/skratch artists/producers that are moving shit forward. anyone familiar with the Low End Theory stuff? hip hop, glitch, metal, dubstep, ambiant, down tempo, electro craziness and the podcasts are fucking epic. especially the d-styles and GLK sets. stellar bitchin!

d-styles, gaslampkiller, daddy kev, lorn, ras g, nocando, daedelus, nosaj thing, etc... all bringin HEET (uh oh).

anyone here a Clutchy Hopkins fan? if not dont sleep!!! (im in for it now!)

2clicker,

luchiano

2clicker goodlooking on putting me on to Clutchy Hopkins, I like that giraffe crack track. Brother John also.

luchiano,

2clicker

Observer
luchiano said:
2clicker goodlooking on putting me on to Clutchy Hopkins, I like that giraffe crack track. Brother John also.

no sweat. if your just starting in on Clutchy your in for a ride. the track that got me was on his debut album titled "the life of clutchy hopkins"... track 3 titled "3:02". its a flute led timebomb. i was hooked like crack the very first time i heard it.

every single Clutchy release is none short of brilliance. check the dubstyleee shiz on the album "music is my medicine" one of my faves on there is "tune traveler". Clutchy is great stuff, but apparently nobody knows who he is. all released on Ubiquity records, but Ubiquity claims they just recieve these tapes in the mail from a guy named Clutchy Hopkins. then there are all these rumors about who it actually is. cut chemist, shadow, PBW..etc... wouldnt suprise me at all if it was shadow or peanutbutter wolf.

if you go on youtube and search clutchy hopkins youll find these videos of people who have come into contact with him with all these crazy stories. its totally not real, but fun all the same. the video with Shawn Lee is pretty good.

enjoy!

2clicker,

clutchyhopkins

Thx for the big props @2clicker. Clutchy Hopkins is a mystery, but I can assure you, he's not PB Wolf (though Clutchy is a big Stones Throw fan). Only a few people know his true identity, and a couple of em smoked so much they forgot. :D Yall can check out more of his music and get a brand-new track for free at www.clutchyhopkinsmusic.com. Stay chill and be good to one another.

Peace,
The Clutchy Hopkins Organization

clutchyhopkins,

2clicker

Observer
clutchyhopkins said:
Clutchy Hopkins is a mystery, but I can assure you, he's not PB Wolf (though Clutchy is a big Stones Throw fan)

if he is such a mystery then how do you know he is a stones throw fan?

...Clutchy is that you? Mr. Lee? what about shadow? is clutchy... shadow? it would explain the incredible breaks.

Clutchy is like Animal Chin! bones brigade ftw!!!!!!
UU3.SearchForAnimalCHIN2.jpg.16478.2.sync.jpg

2clicker,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I don't understand half the arguing in this thread but I appreciate a good beat. A mysterious beat.

New Clutchy fan right here. And he has people lurking FC? :o

That vapors video was fun to watch, kind of weird to see our little secret starting to get out there. :ninja:

vtac,

2clicker

Observer
vtac said:
New Clutchy fan right here.

its about near impossible to not be infected by the fonk that Clutchy brings. everything this entity touches is pure magic.

for real, 15 months ago my wife and i were at the hospital the day she was giving birth to our son. so for the occasion i made sure to have plenty of tunes available to help her get through it. i had i believe 4 CH albums and they were getting a steady rotation (in labor for a long time). i had 2 different delivery docs and multiple nurses asking me who we were listening to throughout the course of the day. the chillness really helped my wife along as well. she did not want me to play anything but CH. needless to say CH is a sure shot every time.

the story teller was a great installment, but we want more clutchy!

2clicker,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
It's a shame this song couldn't be a bit better...! There's almost no bassline and the melody sounds like it was rustled up on a cracked copy of logic in about 5 minutes. Also those two bell-end rappers who do that little duo verse have less lyrical flow than Helen Keller. The girls in the video look like zombies too, barely giving a shit about anything around them except trying to get their face on cam.

Love the idea, and some of the lines are good, but I wish it was good enough you could actually show it to non-vaping mates!

wilf789,
Top Bottom