Obama’s New Drug Control Report Calls for More Workplace Drug Testing, Nationwide Zero Tolerance La

turk

turk
....yea they have those strains at the dispensaries here in ca...those that have high cbd and cbn figures....

turk,

turk

turk
....said it before, and I will say it again...neither one of these "parties" have any "politcal will" to remedy this problem....the status-quo serves them very well...

turk,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
From the article:

"Sativex is a cannabis extract containing tetranabinex and nabidiolex as its principal component."

How is that anything like real cannabis?
It's really just a cannabis tincture from what I've read; there's nothing all that special about it as I understand. It's mocked a little for that over here as officially a medical cannabis tincture remains illegal, yet they got a license by claiming they extracted in some special way making it less psychoactive and gave the extract frightening (to some) commercial trade names- tetranibax and nabidiolex (and donated a lot of money to the political party in power at the time). Unfortunately it's pretty expensive and many (most?) of the NHS trust over here won't authorise it.

Edit: A source:
Despite what GW, and now even the MS Society are trying to imply, Sativex is whole plant extract from cannabis, not just THC and CBD which it says on the bottle. Sativex contains the full range of cannabinoids that are present in the plant. Sativex is cannabis.
http://www.clear-uk.org/access-sativex/
http://www.clear-uk.org/the-sativex-scam-part-1/
just one side of the argument...

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
....yea they have those strains at the dispensaries here in ca...those that have high cbd and cbn figures....

I saw that they were working on them, but didn't know they were available yet.

Vicki,

turk

turk
...yea they are here....indica's tend to (although nothing is 100%) have a higher body effect (which is what you want)...and hybrids give you the best of both worlds...S.F. has achieved a "cafeteria" type effect in that we have a number of dispensaries to choose from each with its own indiosyncracies as it relates to meds...it's really one of the best things about living here.....it's certainly NOT the cost of living....:)

turk,

turk

turk
....anxiously awaiting to see what they have in store for us....tomorrow....4/20

turk,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
...yea they are here....indica's tend to (although nothing is 100%) have a higher body effect (which is what you want)...and hybrids give you the best of both worlds...S.F. has achieved a "cafeteria" type effect in that we have a number of dispensaries to choose from each with its own indiosyncracies as it relates to meds...it's really one of the best things about living here.....it's certainly NOT the cost of living....:)

I think you are misunderstanding me. I know growers are trying to make a strain/strains of cannabis that DO NOT get the user high, but are still good for pain, nausea, etc. :)

Vicki,

turk

turk
...I probably wasn't clear enough....they are taking indica's and removing the thc and upping the others ( cbn, cbd) numbers...there are some tinctures (as wat said) that are without thc , but high in cbn cbd....I have had them myself to abate various ailments...hope that helps...

turk,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
...I probably wasn't clear enough....they are taking indica's and removing the thc and upping the others ( cbn, cbd) numbers...there are some tinctures (as wat said) that are without thc , but high in cbn cbd....I have had them myself to abate various ailments...hope that helps...

Ok, so are these strains like the ones I was talking about, that do not get the user high?

I am only talking about strains that never get the user high.

Vicki,

turk

turk
....It's a different type of. "high"....a body type deal, I still submit you are high...just not spacey high...if you know what I mean...

turk,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
....It's a different type of. "high"....a body type deal, I still submit you are high...just not spacey high...if you know what I mean...

Ok, then that's not the same as what I saw.

Vicki,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
From the article:

"Sativex is a cannabis extract containing tetranabinex and nabidiolex as its principal component."

How is that anything like real cannabis?

I am more excited about strains of cannabis that help pain, but don't get you high. I know growers are working on these strains in the U.S.

Tetranabinex and nsbidiolex are actually their trademark names for THC and CBD. Wild, right? As far as I can tell, they cultivate plants, then do a fairly simple extraction. The end result is a 1:1 ratio of those two compounds. So in that regard, it's better than Marinol or other synthetics (I'm assuming).

CBD can be crystallized, so it's only a matter of time before some chemist starts making that happen. Don't know how CBD would affect without THC though. Still so much to learn from this plant. Faster we can get it legal, sooner we can learn everything.

This website has alot of good info on CBD. projectcbd.org

Magic9,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Tetranabinex and nsbidiolex are actually their trademark names for THC and CBD. Wild, right? As far as I can tell, they cultivate plants, then do a fairly simple extraction. The end result is a 1:1 ratio of those two compounds. So in that regard, it's better than Marinol or other synthetics (I'm assuming).

CBD can be crystallized, so it's only a matter of time before some chemist starts making that happen. Don't know how CBD would affect without THC though. Still so much to learn from this plant. Faster we can get it legal, sooner we can learn everything.

This website has alot of good info on CBD. projectcbd.org

Thank you for the explanation, I didn't know that! In that case, I completely agree! It has to be way better than Marinol, another worthless drug.

Vicki,
Reactions: Magic9

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
According to the manufacturer's website, Sativex is an alcohol based tincture; the same type that were created by "big pharma" in the 1800's and early 1900's before the cannabis prohibition. I am sure they will charge an arm and a leg for this very rudimentarily made tinture that any one of us could create for next to nothing.

Nuphile,
Reactions: Vicki

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
...just another politician...posturing ..

Obama? Yes. Obviously so. Barney Frank? No. He's been a huge supporter of the movement. Since he's retiring from congress after this term, I think he'd be a great pro-legalization lobbyist.

Magic9,

turk

turk
.....don't hold your breath....he's been in congress for years...the insanity goes on...

turk,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
"What's up with that?"

Obama: "Here's what's up with that, I lied. Next question."

Vicki,
Reactions: Magic9

turk

turk
.... neither the dems or the repubs will save us..forget about it...they both serve the same master....

turk,
Obama's answer is actually a little more promising than I expected it to be:

Let me ask you about the War on Drugs. You vowed in 2008, when you were running for election, that you would not "use Justice Department resources to try and circumvent state laws about medical marijuana." Yet we just ran a story that shows your administration is launching more raids on medical pot than the Bush administration did. What's up with that?

Here's what's up: What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana. I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana – and the reason is, because it's against federal law. I can't nullify congressional law. I can't ask the Justice Department to say, "Ignore completely a federal law that's on the books." What I can say is, "Use your prosecutorial discretion and properly prioritize your resources to go after things that are really doing folks damage." As a consequence, there haven't been prosecutions of users of marijuana for medical purposes.

The only tension that's come up – and this gets hyped up a lot – is a murky area where you have large-scale, commercial operations that may supply medical marijuana users, but in some cases may also be supplying recreational users. In that situation, we put the Justice Department in a very difficult place if we're telling them, "This is supposed to be against the law, but we want you to turn the other way." That's not something we're going to do. I do think it's important and useful to have a broader debate about our drug laws. One of the things we've done over the past three years was to make a sensible change when it came to the disparity in sentencing between crack cocaine and powder cocaine. We've had a discussion about how to focus on treatment, taking a public-health approach to drugs and lessening the overwhelming emphasis on criminal laws as a tool to deal with this issue. I think that's an appropriate debate that we should have.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/ready-for-the-fight-rolling-stone-interview-with-barack-obama-20120425#ixzz1t6dYOzm3

OKcomputer,

turk

turk
...seduced by words/rhetoric...they can all sound so pretty (from their speach-writers) as they tell us ever so eloquently why they can't help us...why they have to take this approach...or that approach....you can listen if you want...but at my age I jump to the end....it's complete utter bullshit, neither of these parties WANT to legalize weed...and the sooner we understand that fact the sooner we will do something about that....

turk,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom