Obama’s New Drug Control Report Calls for More Workplace Drug Testing, Nationwide Zero Tolerance La

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
I can pull up cartoons if you'd like.

If taxes were to top out at 38% and be just that I wouldn't have an issue. But when there is compounding taxes built into every thing nowadays anything above 35% is just atrocious.

Tea Party,

grokit

well-worn member
enhanced-buzz-16463-1337111636-0.jpg

Obama 2004: "In terms of legalization of drugs, I think, the battle, the war on drugs has been an utter failure and I think we need to rethink and decriminalize our marijuana laws but I’m not somebody who believes in legalization of marijuana. What I do believe is that we need to rethink how we are operating in the drug wars, and I think that currently, we are not doing a good job."

Obama 2007: “My attitude is if the science and doctors suggest that the best palliative care, the best way to relief pain and suffering is through medical marijuana, then that’s something I’m open to and because there’s no difference between that and morphine when it comes to just giving people relief from pain. But I want to do it under strict guidelines.”

What the fuck Barack. Take a position!

Last edited:
grokit,
Reactions: Vicki

lwien

What has to happen to downgrade it from a Schedule 1 drug to something lower? What are the mechanics needed to make that happen?

lwien,

grokit

well-worn member
I'm pretty sure that both houses of congress would have to vote to amend the Controlled Substances Act; it's been done a bunch of times already but it's usually to add new substances and penalties, not to downgrade them. If they downgraded mj from schedule 1 a lot of narcs would be out of a job, so there's that (or they could actually start protecting and serving, ha!). It's a racket, and it has to do with the private prison industry in certain states as much as anything else these days.

edit: I found this little gem, let's play find the hypocrisy:

What are the overdose effects?
No death from overdose of marijuana has been reported.

What is the legal status in the United States?

Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule I drugs are classified as having a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision. Marinol, a synthetic version of THC, the active ingredient found in the marijuana plant, can be prescribed for the control of nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapeutic agents used in the treatment of cancer and to stimulate appetite in AIDS patients. Marinol is a Schedule III substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule III drugs are classified as having less potential for abuse than the drugs or substances in Schedules I and II, and have a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the U.S., and abuse of the drug may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or psychological dependence.

http://www.getsmartaboutdrugs.com/drugs/marijuana.html?v=0&t=0&p=2&f=0&df=0&dt=0

Last edited:

lwien

Both houses? Wow. Shouldn't it be under the purview of the FDA. Shouldn't it be them to decide if a substance has medical value or not?

lwien,
Reactions: h12plus
Top Bottom