Obama’s New Drug Control Report Calls for More Workplace Drug Testing, Nationwide Zero Tolerance La

turk

turk
...,,.good point lwien...(lol)...the only "jumping" I can safely do is...in sentences and paragraphs....chapters...:)

turk,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Don't forget big-pharma and the beer/wine/alcohol people. I always wonder how "straight" folks would take it if we voted to take their martinis away . . . again . . .

t-dub,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
...seduced by words/rhetoric...they can all sound so pretty (from their speach-writers) as they tell us ever so eloquently why they can't help us...why they have to take this approach...or that approach....you can listen if you want...but at my age I jump to the end....it's complete utter bullshit, neither of these parties WANT to legalize weed...and the sooner we understand that fact the sooner we will do something about that....

He is very good with words. It almost makes a person forget that it's all B.S., almost. He said less federal involvement before he was elected, we got more after he was elected. Anyway he wants to sugarcoat it does not negate that fact.

Vicki,
Reactions: t-dub

turk

turk
...no question about it....and everytime a politician is telling us why they can't do this...or that...some rich guy has left their office and dropped a boat load of cash to that politician's next campaign,....and that guy.....he is getting EVERYTHING he wants....and as long as we allow that...nothing is going to really change...

turk,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Don't forget big-pharma and the beer/wine/alcohol people. I always wonder how "straight" folks would take it if we voted to take their martinis away . . . again . . .

No more like unions, ie police unions.... Think about all the people who have jobs because it is illegal.

Tea Party,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
No more like unions, ie police unions.... Think about all the people who have jobs because it is illegal.
Well, there are plenty of other drugs the "war on drugs" people can go after sooo, I look at vested interests like the two I mentioned and the synthetic fiber people as well. They have a direct $$$ interest in keeping cannabis/hemp illegal.

t-dub,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah

So Unions are the reason Marijuana is illegal? Wow man, with a picture of rush limbaugh and the name "tea party" I cant hesitate to call you fringe. It's like saying that you have two choices: A) legal marijuana or B) the right to fair pay and a safe work environment. You do know that in CA their are unionized marijuana workers, right?

aesthyrian,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Well I'm glad I don't live in cali.

Unions have far, far outlived their usefulness.

Tea Party,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I have zero problems with unions as a whole, and wouldn't want to get rid of police unions, but it's a valid point. This article was from last week. They list the top 5 special interest groups lobbying againgst legalization.

http://www.republicreport.org/2012/marijuana-lobby-illegal/

People are fearful to speak up for various reasons (job, stigma, etc.). Neighbors fear the heart surgeon will be (too?) high when he performs surgery. Grandmas are scared their grandkids will become violent meth addicts. This fear enables the people who profit from this prohibition, to control it. But they are wrong. The sooner they realize this, the better off everone is.

1) Police Unions - Still plenty of real crimes. Tax revenue could be used for more cops/equipment.

2) Private Prisons Corp - Again, still plenty of crime. Overcrowding in prisons is a problem in many areas. Maybe a little tax money to build a few more prisons for actual criminals.

3) Alcohol and Beer - People aren't going to stop drinking. Many do both. Kind of an apples and oranges thing in my opinon. Plus, it opens a whole new niche for them. Cannabis infused beers and a million others.

4) Pharma - If legalization happened, they might lose a small part of many markets. I think that's easily made up. With their labs, funds, and marketing ability, we'd get some very awesome ailment specific strains/products. Just because they can't patent it, doesn't mean they can't / won't rake in tons of money.

5) Prison Guard Unions - See 1 & 2. Not only is your job safe, you can have a raise. From the tax proceeds.

They didn't mention the lobbying against industrial hemp, the cartels that love prohibition, religious people that hate a plant, or the hypocritical (uninformed?) far right.

We either have to convince them that it is in their economic interest, or outspend them. That's why I think the upcoming state votes (CO and WA) are so important. Not only will it catapult into the daily headline news, it will show how big of a market this could be. Then the money will start snowballing our way.

lwien

Btw, I think it's also prudent to mention that most of the medical marijuana dispensaries along with their growers would not want to see legalization either.

lwien,
Reactions: Magic9

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
sure, but only really the career criminals looking for the fast buck, and they'll be on to something else (I guess). I'd imagine that the responsible dispensaries would find it easier to grow their business and financially plan for a future with bit of legal certainty. I think that they're the ones poised to go big if it is legalised, the ones with a brand name already, and they will be bought up for $millions by investment groups or big pharma companies and rolled out nationwide.

WatTyler,

snew

I have signed several petitions for hemp/marijuana. I've tried my best to copy the letter I received and to much of it just won't copy. Strange. Basically it says they don't support hemp or marijuana because they say the science doesn't support it. Now that's a re cry from what he said there.

Anyway you can go to the White House site there's always a petition there and results from old ones.
Hes a liar, he'll do nothing to support marijuana medical or not. The entertainer and chief

snew,

turk

turk
....to even the the woefully naive....it should be apparent that the death of union's mirror's exactly the death of the middle class/working poor....truly "alice in wonderland, tea party thinking"....cannot see the forest for the trees....believe me we are glad you don't live in california either....

turk,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Btw, I think it's also prudent to mention that most of the medical marijuana dispensaries along with their growers would not want to see legalization either.

I completely forgot about them. They do match the definition of a cartel though.

Magic9,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
....to even the the woefully naive....it should be apparent that the death of union's mirror's exactly the death of the middle class/working poor....truly "alice in wonderland, tea party thinking"....cannot see the forest for the trees....believe me we are glad you don't live in california either....

I worked one union job. The company voted to unionize and my wage dropped $3 an hour. Not to mention all the "dues" go straight to democrats.

My non union jobs have made me wayy more than a union job could have. Union workers are to stupid to see union bosses living high on the hog off the backs of others.

Tea Party,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My non union jobs have made me wayy more than a union job could have. Union workers are to stupid to see union bosses living high on the hog off the backs of others.

Union workers are stupid? Wow! My Dad was FORCED to join the union when he worked for General Motors, and he was not stupid! I think people that make general remarks like that are stupid.

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
He was not "forced to join" he decided to join instead of looking for other employment.

Tea Party,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
He was not "forced to join" he decided to join instead of looking for other employment.

No. He took the job because he could find no others at the time, and he had to take a job to support his family. It was either that, or stay unemployed. It's so good to know that you were there and know so much about MY life. :rolleyes:

BTW, he was paid very well the whole time he worked there. Just because you got screwed by a union doesn't mean everyone is, nor does it mean unions are bad. That is just your opinion, just like it's your opinion that union workers are "stupid." Opinions are not fact.

Vicki,
Reactions: lwien

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
....funny,....a "tea party" proponent calling someone else......stupid.....

Oh so you agree with unions taking money out of workers pockets for a sole political party?

Tea party= Low taxes + small government
OWS= Cradle to grave welfare spending + over taxation of anyone remotely successful

Tea Party,

turk

turk
...in order for a dialogue to be established it's necessary that certain common variables be agreed upon by both parties....this is not the case here...quite frankly I do NOT perceive you as an equal, and you have no perception of how my thought process evolves...don't tax yourself...it's simply too much for you to comprehend...

turk,

lwien

.....over taxation of anyone remotely successful

From 1936 through 1980, the very top tax bracket ranged from 70% to 92%. It is now only...........35%. Does you really think that upping the tax of millionaires by an additional 3% to a total of 38% is an outrageous proposition? And, btw, I wouldn't call millionaires.........."remotely successful".

lwien,
Top Bottom