No more post mail in Canada !!

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
June 15, 2011: Following 12 days of increasingly costly and damaging rotating strikes being carried out by the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW), Canada Post has suspended operations across the country.

:o :o :o :o :o

This means my prescription MMJ is stuck somewhere in the mail and my order from ALT that had cross the border last week is also being held.

Even though the media info above came out today, I have not been receiving mail at home since last wednesday :o

I can't believe that the whole country is being disrupted because some workers cannot come to an agreement with their employer.

Yes, I am very frustrated this morning. :mad:

Vaporisateur,

willieR

Been here since 2009
This sucks... I ship to Canada a lot and use the US and Canadian Postal Service. UPS to Canada fleeces people so we don't use them.

willieR,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
How more frustrating can it be? Monday morning I received an update on my shipment of my Mobius glass from ALT on the Canada Post website: 11:25am Item out for delivery. I was freakin' happy - it took exactly 6 days to get here. But then, at
3:30pm I got this: 15:30 Labour disruption affecting this location; item delayed. Arrrgggg my Mobius is so close to me but I can't just have it yet! And with the TOTAL disruption of postal services accross the country, it's not like I'm going to receive it anytime soon... :(

Vaporisateur,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
It's freakin crazy guys - they actually sealed all the mailboxes accross the country :o

• Street Letter Boxes, mail slots on Community Mail Boxes, and other Canada Post mail-receiving equipment have been cleared and sealed to prevent mail from being deposited.[/*]
  • All mail processing plants and letter carrier depots are closed and all facilities have been secured. No new mail will be accepted. Large volume mailers cannot deposit or receive mail.[/*]
  • Mail Delivery is suspended to all addresses served by letter carriers represented by the CUPW (Urban).[/*]
  • All post offices staffed by CUPW members are closed.[/*]

Vaporisateur,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Some analysts say this strike may be the end of Canada Post as we know it: a public service.

Vaporisateur,

reece

Vaporisateur said:
aesthyrian said:
That's shitty, why are the workers striking?

I don't care! I does not make sense to take the whole population hostage!

The fact that it affects you is one reason to care.

Another reason is that maybe you would know what is going on and, if it angers you, who to blame.

It isn't the strike that has shut down the mail. The unions were staging rotating one day strikes in various cities. Not a nationwide postal worker strike.

What has disrupted the mail is the nationwide lockout of postal employees by Canada Post.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...da-post-lockout-irresponsible/article2061625/

http://www.novanewsnow.com/News/2011-06-15/article-2587600/Postal-lockout-strikes-Hants-County/1

reece,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
I'm sorry you are correct - I should have blamed the employer, not the employees!

I can't believe they are even allowed to lock out!

Vaporisateur,

weedemon

enthusiast
wow. I am moving in 11 days and am waiting on 2 packages. a PA unit for the mflb, and a glass turkey baster, If they dont get here before i move...... wtf???

:( :uhoh: :mad:

weedemon,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
weedemon said:
wow. I am moving in 11 days and am waiting on 2 packages. a PA unit for the mflb, and a glass turkey baster, If they dont get here before i move...... wtf???

:( :uhoh: :mad:

You can have your mail redirected to your new address for like 6 months or even 1 year. But that's when the service resumes... hopefully before you move! @#$%

Vaporisateur,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
No prob bro. Unfortunately, I forgot to mention that this service is NOT free... But good luck with your move though!

Vaporisateur,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The House is engaged in trying to pass back-to-work legislation for Air Canada at the moment. The NDP opposes this (what a shock) and say they will use whatever procedures they can to delay it. The CBC speculates the bill won't pass until the middle of next week at the earliest. The Conservatives have said that they will also legislate Canada Post back to work, but you can assume that if that's necessary the NDP will repeat themselves, thus it could be two weeks or more before the mail moves again.

The House is supposed to go into summer recess, which brings up another interesting issue: the feds have until July 11 to fix the marijuana laws. I see no intent to pass a new law, so I'm assuming that they are depending on extending the current law through an injunction until the case is heard by the Supreme Court. Their application will be heard June 22, so keep your eye on this one.

pakalolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
Vaporisateur said:
No prob bro. Unfortunately, I forgot to mention that this service is NOT free... But good luck with your move though!

done and done :)

thanks for the info man! i dunno what i would have done otherwise.

cost 47 bucks for 6 month service. well worth it imo.

weedemon,
Top Bottom