next generation e-nails?

BoogerMan

Got my Gimido Best enail in yesterday.

I chose express DHL shipping since it was only $35 (and it was the only option lol).

I ordered it Friday, it shipped out from China on Saturday and I got it Monday! Wasn't expecting it that quickly even with express shipping :D

Will do a review of it by the weekend at the latest.

First impressions though are this thing is very solid and well built. If someone showed me it I would never have guessed it was a "cheap china e-nail".

Going to season my quartz banger and my quartz castle I got from CFAB and test them out tonight :)

I am going to go pick the hive ceramic nail in the next few days from my LHS.

I also ordered a TiTen domeless nail that shipped today so it should be here soon :D

Last edited:
BoogerMan,

jackieboy

I chose express DHL shipping since it was only $35 (and it was the only option lol).

I ordered it Friday, it shipped out from China on Saturday and I got it Monday! Wasn't expecting it that quickly even with express shipping :D

First impressions though are this thing is very solid and well built. If someone showed me it I would never have guessed it was a "cheap china e-nail".

Going to season my quartz banger and my quartz castle I got from CFAB and test them out tonight :)

I also ordered a TiTen domeless nail that shipped today so it should be here soon :D

Looking forward to your thoughts on this. Have had my eye on the unit as well.

jackieboy,

mixchu69

I'm wondering if enails have solved the problem with ceramic. Ceramic seemed to have the shortest lifespan since it tends to crack. Many people have recommended circling the flame of your torch on the ceramic nail.

Now that enails are out and you are evenly heating your ceramic bowl, I am hoping my hive ceramic will last me a long time. Any thoughts?

mixchu69,

vjt324

I'm wondering if enails have solved the problem with ceramic. Ceramic seemed to have the shortest lifespan since it tends to crack. Many people have recommended circling the flame of your torch on the ceramic nail.

Now that enails are out and you are evenly heating your ceramic bowl, I am hoping my hive ceramic will last me a long time. Any thoughts?

At least the head is replaceable if and when it does crack

420time

so was it delivered by UPS or Fedex after it got to the us.

420time,

BoogerMan

DHL has their own trucks and couriers in the US just like UPS and FedEx so it shouldn't handed off to anyone else.
@420time ^ this is correct. It was delivered by DHL.

I am going to try to post a review tonight or tomorrow of the Gimido e-nail and the 710 whip from domeless.com :) sorry for the delay! Work and school have been crazy busy this week.

BoogerMan,

420time

ohh, i just thought that since i read it online somewhere. Was the dhl package the before 10:30am or something? Dont you mean the domeless enail? not the whip.

420time,

BoogerMan

@420time No, DHL delivered I think around 12pm to my house. I think some shipping companies offer an early morning before 10:30am delivery service if you use overnight shipping, but it is really really expensive to my understanding.

I have the Gimido Best e-nail and the Domeless.com 710 whip e-nail. The Gimido is for at my house and the 710 whip is for my girlfriends house :) I did pick up an extra ceramic domeless.com nail to fit the 20mm coil for my Gimido e-nail.

BoogerMan,

BoogerMan

I had to sign for it.

If you aren't home, DHL will leave a slip on your door and you can sign that and they will leave the package at your place the next day.

BoogerMan,

jackieboy

Found this which I thought is interesting.
I am guessing Gimido is being rebranded in some marketing here as 710electric to appeal to american markets?
NiIcizz.jpg

jackieboy,
Reactions: Soflo

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
My friend just bought one of these. http://lit-enail.com.
Seems to work well. The coil gets red-hot when the carb cap touches it. It also gets red hot during heat up. This may take away from the longevity. But it works very well. But at that price, I have no regrets with my Errlectric purchase.

DieHard,

420time

I had to sign for it.

If you aren't home, DHL will leave a slip on your door and you can sign that and they will leave the package at your place the next day.

Dont DHL have the electronic signature? you know the thing you go to the site and type your name to authorize them to leave it on the door ?

@jackieboy, i think i stated that earlier... Well its good money to buy from them and sell it back in the US, $100-200$ profit.

420time,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Found this which I thought is interesting.
I am guessing Gimido is being rebranded in some marketing here as 710electric to appeal to american markets?
NiIcizz.jpg

that is the exact nail I got from them. I leave it on 12hrs a day every day. takes under a min to heat up and never over runs. I'm very happy with my gimido enail

Soflo,

420time

My friend just bought one of these. http://lit-enail.com.
Seems to work well. The coil gets red-hot when the carb cap touches it. It also gets red hot during heat up. This may take away from the longevity. But it works very well. But at that price, I have no regrets with my Errlectric purchase.

WOW....... they sell it at $350.... and this site sells the same exact thing for 250......

http://e-nail.us/

All people really gotta do is google it and theyll fine ones the exact same for 1/3 the price...

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
WOW....... they sell it at $350.... and this site sells the same exact thing for 250......

http://e-nail.us/

All people really gotta do is google it and theyll fine ones the exact same for 1/3 the price...
LOL. Yeah. He is very impulsive. He got it at the LHS. Lucky to only pay what he did.

DieHard,

420time

Its such a hard decision, the e-nail.us sells the box for 170 and the coil for 55, total is 225, free shipping.Its so called "Designed, Assembled, Shipped and Warrantied in the USA" getting their parts from china and building it themselves. Its either buying from them and receiving it with USPS priority or getting it from gimido enail for 210 if using "trippy" coupon shipped from china with DHL. The warranty for e-nail.us is one year and gimido is 2 years, im fine with it since im probably going to get a new gen enail in 2 years or so.

This is pretty nice too and really cheap, $140. Its one of those replaceable fuse ones. They got another one that is a bit bigger but the same price. But they are "Designed & assembled in California"
http://www.highfivevape.com/products/high-five-bee-hive-e-nail

Last edited:
420time,

mutten840

From what I can tell there are a few key things that seem to determine the end price:

1: The PID controller
This is from what I can tell the most critical component as it is the brains of the operation and if it is on the lower end of the quality stick. You will see it in the fluctuations in the temp while the unit is being used and also when warming up
So far the Errlectric seems to be the only one using an actual board over the standard PID you see in the majority of the units out there.

2: The Nail
I have used both high and low end nails and can say there is a HUGE difference here. Everyone swears their nail is high quality. But if it is cheap, than odds are it is not as high of quality as they state. This is most prominent in quartz nails. The lower end quartz wears out quickly and also will not taste as good as a higher end quartz nail

3: The Coil
Lower end coils will not hold the heat as well and will burn out fairly fast when being used several times a day. It seems like the lower wattage coils are the ones you want to steer clear of when possible(Searching through this thread you will find the discussion around this)

My buddy has a 200.00 nail and I have a Dnail and he even prefers mine over his for the fact of the consistent taste and the very low fluctuation on overall temp when being used.

Hope this helps and please feel free to add or correct any of the above :tup:

420time

yea but im just looking for something thatll last maybe 2 years and im going to save up to get something new gen when it comes out. The coil will last like a year or so and its only around $50 on ebay for a new coil.

420time,

BoogerMan

Back on topic :tup:

Finally got around to snapping some pics of the new toys :rockon:

Domeless.com 710 whip on the left and the Gimido Nice Dabs E-Nail on the right.

Both are connected to the Domeless.com ceramic nail with ceramic carb cap

2DB99446-9C68-4832-BB22-4ADD4E38BA70_zpsmcrhibuc.jpg

Domeless.com 710 whip $150
http://www.domeless.com/products/product-details/#cid=629056

413D43BC-038D-46AE-A68D-216A0ACBF0A1_zpsu4v7aekw.jpg

This thing is amazing. Very simple and easy to use. Plug it in and turn the knob all the way up. Give it 5 minutes or so to heat up then dab away! Perfect low temp dab every time.

The ceramic carb cap is really really fucking awesome!!!! You just put it on there as soon as you turn on the unit and then you just dab right through the hole on the cap once the nail is hot :D hats off to Domeless.com on this one. It's a big winner in my book! And for $150 you honestly can't go wrong.

One last note is that the flat coil is super efficient. The max temp is 600 for this unit and like I said you get nice hits every time. I have to set my Gimido to 700 to get the same results using the domeless.com ceramic nail with a 20mm coil.

Gimido Nice Dabs E-Nail $289
(Use coupon code trippy for 15% off)
http://www.e-nail.org/Safe-Enail-Units/GIMIDO-Nice-Dabs-Enail.html?sort=p.price&order=DESC

79BA061D-D257-411E-8FC5-8AF5E464957C_zpsar0zy36l.jpg

This thing is a beast. I love how accurate it is and how quickly it heats up. Being able to select any temp is awesome since I will be using it with a variety of domeless nails, all of which work best at different temps. I also like the LED button feature that turns off the coil but keeps the PID unit on.

The quality is great and it comes with a 2 year warranty which is nice. I like the large PID screen that shows both your set temp and the coil temp.

Overall for $287.15 after the discount and with DHL express (about 2 day) shipping it is a great unit at a great price.

Conclusion:
If you are on a budget get the domeless.com setup.

If you want versatility go with the Gimido (they also make cheaper units starting at $159).

Monsoon

Just caught up on the thread and am now sold on e-nails!

Back on topic :tup:

Finally got around to snapping some pics of the new toys :rockon:

Domeless.com 710 whip on the left and the Gimido Nice Dabs E-Nail on the right.

Both are connected to the Domeless.com ceramic nail with ceramic carb cap

2DB99446-9C68-4832-BB22-4ADD4E38BA70_zpsmcrhibuc.jpg

Domeless.com 710 whip $150
http://www.domeless.com/products/product-details/#cid=629056

413D43BC-038D-46AE-A68D-216A0ACBF0A1_zpsu4v7aekw.jpg

This thing is amazing. Very simple and easy to use. Plug it in and turn the knob all the way up. Give it 5 minutes or so to heat up then dab away! Perfect low temp dab every time.

The ceramic carb cap is really really fucking awesome!!!! You just put it on there as soon as you turn on the unit and then you just dab right through the hole on the cap once the nail is hot :D hats off to Domeless.com on this one. It's a big winner in my book! And for $150 you honestly can't go wrong.

One last note is that the flat coil is super efficient. The max temp is 600 for this unit and like I said you get nice hits every time. I have to set my Gimido to 700 to get the same results using the domeless.com ceramic nail with a 20mm barrel coil.

Gimido Nice Dabs E-Nail $289
(Use coupon code trippy for 15% off)
79BA061D-D257-411E-8FC5-8AF5E464957C_zpsar0zy36l.jpg

This thing is a beast. I love how accurate it is and how quickly it heats up. Being able to select any temp is awesome since I will be using it with a variety of domeless nails, all of which work best at different temps. I also like the LED button feature that turns off the coil but keeps the PID unit on.

The quality is great and it comes with a 2 year warranty which is nice. I like the large PID screen that shows both your set temp and the coil temp.

Overall for $287.15 after the discount and with DHL express (about 2 day) shipping it is a great unit at a great price.

Conclusion:
If you are on a budget get the domeless.com setup.

If you want versatility go with the Gimido (the also make cheaper units starting at $159).

Thanks for your review and pictures! I'm pretty much set on getting your Gimido setup with the Domeless.com ceramic nail and cap, except I'd get the BestDabs one instead for the cooler case :cool:. Love the ceramic carb cap setup, reminds me a lot of the VaporBrothers VB2 e-nail/vape except at a fraction of the price! So I guess you just plop the dab on top of the hole and it gets sucked in?

As far as coils go for the Domeless.com ceramic nail, would there be much functional difference between a flat metal coil and a 20mm coil? @BoogerMan Besides the temp difference, do you find any functional difference between the two coils configurations like more pooling? I might just get all the parts for both anyway since they're cheap (and can be used as spares) but I wouldn't mind the option of saving a bit of cash too.

How much importance should be given to the connector type, namely normal 5-pin XLR vs 4-pin miniXLR? From what I found, 5-pin XLR is the most common which helps when replacing coils, 4-pin miniXLR seems like the new kid with a slimmer profile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom