next generation e-nails?

420time

damn man, now im thinking about getting the aubur rdk200 with the coil, total is like 200$ on ebay, the coil is 250w 16mm coil which should last a long time. On top of that their in the US. Its either that or the GIMIDO Safe Dabs Enail if the coil they supply is 250w.

420time,

BoogerMan

Hopefully Ill have a review of The Terpz unit soon to keep this thread rolling :)

Looking forward to your review @PoopMachine. I'm going to pre-order one of the Terpz e-nails if you approve :)

Do you know anything about the Ti nail they offer? Is it made in China or USA? Do you trust the purity of it? I know it says GR2 but is that USA GR2 or China GR2 lol.

@420time -- This one is $199 -- Sticky Box Enail
Ships from Canada though.

Dang this looks like a nice one too. And only $29 extra for a 2 year warranty.

Anyone suggest one over the other? The Terpz comes with a 100 watt 20mm coil and the Sticky Box comes with a 150 watt 16mm coil. All the nails I am going to purchase are offered in 16mm and 20mm.

Is there a preferred coil size for most of you all? Is one better than the other? Does one last longer? Or is the only difference size?

I think I like the bigger 20mm coil because the dabbing area on the nail seems to be a little larger.

Thanks!

Last edited:

420time

spend a bit more for 250w ones, last longer and heat stays consistant. sticky box is kinda bulky and only 150w coil.

BoogerMan

spend a bit more for 250w ones, last longer and heat stays consistant. sticky box is kinda bulky and only 150w coil.

Thanks for the input!

As far as heat consistency goes, does the dab drop the heat so that's why a 250w is better?

I don't take big dabs by any means. A gram will last me about 3 weeks to a month. So I'm not worried about my small dabs dropping the heat of the nail too much.

Would you still suggest the 250w one even for small dab takers like myself?

BoogerMan,
Reactions: DDave

420time

well i guess thats ok, but then i dont understand the point of getting a enail. the reason im going to get it is im just going to stock up on shatter, 2oz or so at a time. buying bulk is always cheaper.

BoogerMan

The point for me is flavor/taste and not burning my throat/have a cough attack.

With a torch sometimes I will get a perfect hit and I'm like I wish it would taste that great every time. Those type of hits are easy on my throat and I never end up coughing. And then other times I get it too hot or just not hot enough and if it's too hot well you know, it doesn't taste that great or feel that great on your throat. So an e-nail for me would give me a consistently good tasting non throat killing dab every time :D

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
The point for me is flavor/taste and not burning my throat/have a cough attack.

With a torch sometimes I will get a perfect hit and I'm like I wish it would taste that great every time. Those type of hits are easy on my throat and I never end up coughing. And then other times I get it too hot or just not hot enough and if it's too hot well you know, it doesn't taste that great or feel that great on your throat. So an e-nail for me would give me a consistently good tasting non throat killing dab every time :D

I initially was a little miffed that my Auber rdk200 dropped temp after carb capping, but soon realized that by time I exhale and sometimes cough, the nail is back to temp before I am ready for another dab. So what WAS a worry for me, quickly became a non-issue.

I guess if I was having a party scenario and back to back, quick successive dabs was how it would be used then, maybe spend the extra $$. Some people say the 250w lasts longer, which I cannot personally attest to, as I just got mine. Even if it dies around a year old, I am okay with it, because there will probably be something else out, cheaper or better, or just something else I want to try. If not, $60 for a replacement for my coil. And they seem to be slowly dropping in price, so maybe it's even less by time it goes bad, whenever that may be. I am not looking for this to last me years and years, so take my opinion from that perspective. I usually resell or recycle past vapes to friends or such. If I was looking to keep this 2+ years, I might have purchased a different setup(Errlectric). I cannot afford to keep all my vapes, so sales of the old fuel the new purchases. The only equipment that seems to remain a constant is my Persei with Hercules SR-71 attachment.

I have used both the Errlectric(which is very cool but out of my comfort zone in price) and the Auber RDK200 with my friend, side by side and for what it's worth, the durban cheese honeycomb we sampled tasted the same with each. I didn't remember to check for temp drop on the Errlectric, but as I said that is less of a concern to me at this point. I freaking love the Errlectric Vortex carb cap but it is only for their enail(or at least it doesn't fit the universal enail from Auber). It fits so nice to the nail and provides very nice low temp dabs. All things equal, I would buy the Errlectric just for the freaking carb cab, lol.

TL;DR-- Incoherrent rambling.

BoogerMan

I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one unless anyone is against Gimido? Seems like it should fit my needs very nicely.
http://www.e-nail.org/GIMIDO-Nice-Dabs-Enail.html

It is $289, but with the discount code trippy it is only about $245 :D Thanks @canj00digit?!

I have read some pretty good reviews about Gimido e-nails. I know they are from China, but it comes with a 2 year warranty on the box and a 180 warranty on the coil which seems good enough for how much I will be using it.

I emailed the guy from TheTerpz this past weekend and asked about the pre-order discount. He responded that same day and then I emailed him right back again and asked a few other questions (is the unit still on a 4-6 week back order, etc) but I did not receive a response back (it has been 4 days since I sent that last email). I'm not saying it is bad customer service, but if I don't get my questions answer within about 48-72 hours then I start to get a bad vibe, thus leading me to look elsewhere (aka Gimido).

420time

I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one unless anyone is against Gimido? Seems like it should fit my needs very nicely.
http://www.e-nail.org/GIMIDO-Nice-Dabs-Enail.html

It is $289, but with the discount code trippy it is only about $245 :D Thanks @canj00digit?!

I have read some pretty good reviews about Gimido e-nails. I know they are from China, but it comes with a 2 year warranty on the box and a 180 warranty on the coil which seems good enough for how much I will be using it.

I emailed the guy from TheTerpz this past weekend and asked about the pre-order discount. He responded that same day and then I emailed him right back again and asked a few other questions (is the unit still on a 4-6 week back order, etc) but I did not receive a response back (it has been 4 days since I sent that last email). I'm not saying it is bad customer service, but if I don't get my questions answer within about 48-72 hours then I start to get a bad vibe, thus leading me to look elsewhere (aka Gimido).

sounds good, im thinking about this one its really tiny, like a portable hard drive.

http://www.e-nail.org/Safe-Enail-Units/GIMIDO-Safe-Dabs-Enail.html

BoogerMan

BoogerMan,

X24

Yeah I was looking at some of the smaller ones too. Those would be very nice and portable.

Do you know how much of a role the PID controller plays in temperature accuracy? It seems like the larger box ones have the Omron PID which looks to be the more expensive (and better?) controller.

I've known Omron to produce some quality equipment. Stuff designed to last a long time.

PID controllers can be judged by a few things. Response to a temperature swing, steady state temperature error and most importantly margin of stability.

Margin of stability in real world terms would be range of nail sizes they can properly heat and allowable electronic part value swing. When making a controller this is the chief concern and any PID worth manufacturing should be fine here.

Response to a swing would basically be the temperature swing when a dab is being done. Air cools the nail (along with boiling vapor) and the system has to compensate for it by providing more energy to heat the nail. My intuition says it shouldn't be hard to keep near optimal temperature range, but I'm not sure how narrow the best temperature band needs to be. A 10F spread doesn't seem like too tall an order.

Steady state temperature is how close the temp of the nail gets to the desired temp if it is let to sit for a long time. I imagine all the controllers have a low steady state error.

Sorry if this is a bit long-winded. But, my intuition as an EE guy is any average pid controlled enail should perform fine as torches are in no way as precise as even a basic PID controller should be. Longevity is another matter.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I've been thinking about what a nextgen e-nail really is. The post that said e-nails are still in the early stages, I totally agree with that.

I'm not satisfied with taking wonderfully tasty dabs. I want a true next-gen e-nail, but I don't see much out there that qualifies. I want make a nextgen e-nail, FC-style....

Starting with the Gimido coil and an industrial strength Omron PID.... here is the beginning ideas of a prototype.. if you have any ideas bring them!!!

First thing is to add a timer. Omron makes one adjustable from 1-60 minutes. It fits nicely in the cutout where the rocker switch was. This is partially for safety. The idea of leaving a 700+ degF device on all the time isn't that appealing. The other reason is to preserve the electronic relay, which is rated for 100,000 operations. Each time the heater kicks in, the relay switches, so the relay will wear out. The timer should help.

Above the power plug is a couple jacks. One will turn 'into a Dab'nCharge USB port. The other is for programming. Programming? Well, we have to get a microprocessor in there! ;)

BTW, had a good experience with Gimido. PID is really nice. He provided wiring diagrams that made these upgrades easy.

YTVe4wW.jpg

BoogerMan

man, all these options at gimido are making my head spin...
That's how I felt at first too!

Looks like the main difference between the options are the aluminum casing, the PID controller, and the push button style/location.

Just ordered mine. Shipping was $37 to the USA :( Good thing the Trippy coupon still worked. That made shipping free and saved me about $5 extra.

Last edited:
BoogerMan,

420time

give a review of it when you get it. also what nail you got for it? i emailed them and they said the small one can run 250w coils, but the included one is 100w. the 250w coil they sell separate cost 60.

Last edited:
420time,

BoogerMan

I'll definitely do a review once I have it. Should take about a week or two to get here.

I have a couple nails I just received from CFAB. A Quartz banger with 20mm cup.
http://cfab.bigcartel.com/product/quarts-banger-quave-style
A special Quartz castle with 20mm dish.
(Looks like I got the last one because it isn't listed anymore).

I am also going to head to my LHS next week and pick up the 20mm hive ceramic nail and the HE 20mm domeless.
http://www.hiveceramics.com/hive-d-nail-adapter-20mm-coil/

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/conc...-1/highly-educated-dualiti-enail-adapter.html

I am also in contact with New-Vape to have them make their 12 hole deep dish nail in 20mm size (they only make 16mm at the moment).
http://new-vape.com/2586-enail-body-male/
http://new-vape.com/2611-enail-head-16mm-coil/

This multi-hole new vape nail is honestly my favorite nail. I have the standard one for torching. I think it beats out any other nail IMO. Consistently good hits every single time.

Last edited:
BoogerMan,

420time

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
It seems like everyone is slapping these things together and putting their own brand name on them. I don't see anything new or cutting edge going on. Even my Errlectric unit relies on the same technology. Just a few extra bells and whistles. Somehow, I'm thinking that inductiive heating should be the next big thing.
@Egzoset

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
@DieHard that's why I stick with d-nail. Brians been in the game from the beginning, his 3 year warranty is bullet proof and with a one time free coil replacement you can't lose.

Most of these nails on the market use PID controllers that you can get for 20 bucks on Amazon. Dnails CAL 32e is a 400 dollar controller.

Top Bottom