next generation e-nails?

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I've been using the Sapphire HALO pretty heavily since I got it Thursday and so far it's still cleaning up well. To keep it as clean as possible I find I need to thoroughly wipe down the dish with a q-tip right after the dab to try to get the bits on the sides and dish. If you don't it bakes in quickly and you need to bump the temp and wait for it to clean it off. I gradually took it above 750F to 850-900F for a bit and it seemed to to a better job at cleaning it, looked brand new after minus a couple stubborn black spots in the edge. No torching doesn't seem like it will be an issue and it can handle back to back dabs well too without getting too gunked up.

Performance wise it's still great, hits are tasty and smooth at around 600-610F. I just did some back to back hits with the SiC and noticed the difference a bit more but I think they're pretty close with the Sapphire being slightly better with the concentrates I've used with it at comparable temperatures. It's going to take some time to form a more solid opinion since you can only hit so many in a row at a time.

I also picked up the new D-Nail forked dabber for the carb cap. I usually used a separate fork dabber before but this one works pretty well. I really like how it feels in my fingers and it's well balanced.

My experience with the Sapphire Halo, while limited, has been much the same.
Be Johhny-on-the-Spot with Q-Tip (never really used Q-tips with the SiC Halo).
I've walked my Sapphire Halo up to ~870* and have settled around 610* for dabbing temperature.
@Monsoon are you using the heat retainer underneath the Sapphire Halo? (I am).
And what's your coil/controller set-up? (D-Nail flat w/ Auber RDK-200 for me).

And I too have been eyeing that forked dabber, it does look like it's well balanced.
(Not to mention that I hate using a separate dabber / cap).

It seems like the reclaim is accumulating in my rig at a slower rate than when using the SiC Halo, but I only smoked a couple of grams with it so far.

For a point of reference, when using the SiC Halo I would clean after every gram.

All in all, I'm pretty stoked!

:D:rockon:

Sorry, I can't resist reposting these pics, as this is the page top:

Agfm9t7.jpg

id5jLTD.jpg

:nod::love:

Last edited:

Monsoon

My experience with the Sapphire Halo, while limited, has been much the same.
Be Johhny-on-the-Spot with Q-Tip (never really used Q-tips with the SiC Halo).
I've walked my Sapphire Halo up to ~870* and have settled around 610* for dabbing temperature.
@Monsoon are you using the heat retainer underneath the Sapphire Halo? (I am).
And what's your coil/controller set-up? (D-Nail flat w/ Auber RDK-200 for me).
I haven't tried the retainer yet, I'm currently using it with my SiC to secure it so I can have both coiled up at the same time for convenience. Last I heard they determined that it didn't really matter for reducing thermal shock.

With the Sapphire I'm using a D-Nail Flat coil connected to a Gimido Omron based e-nail. I'm still using the old centre nut from my Quartz, I noticed the new one that's made to use with the InifiniTi sapphire inserts has slightly more restriction and I don't know how that will effect things yet.

I'll try to take more pics after I've been using it a bit more to show how it's holding up, so far I've been pretty impressed with how well you can keep it clean.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I asked the local headshop if they expected to get more quartz halos in. They said no because "dnail basically isn't going to be around much longer". Anyone heard anything about this? Seems like a rumor to me...

Monsoon

I asked the local headshop if they expected to get more quartz halos in. They said no because "dnail basically isn't going to be around much longer". Anyone heard anything about this? Seems like a rumor to me...
First I've heard of anything like that. Brian was asking for input for stuff on Facebook today which doesn't seem like something you would do if your company was about to go under.

The Quartz Halo is in stock on the D-Nail website now if you want one, though if you chance it maybe it'll be on sale on Wednesday.

Monsoon,
Reactions: darkrom

Monsoon

I decided to give the heat retainer a try on the Sapphire Halo after seeing there was a slight gap between the coil and the dish. The retainer makes it so contact is flush and it's centered perfectly on the dish, I have it sandwiched right between the dish and the coil. I can't really tell a difference but it does seem to clean the edges a bit better when I was at cleaning temp. I also used the new center nut, only difference with that is that it whistles a bit when you clear it, airflow feels the same otherwise. I don't really mind though it might bother some people especially if you have a dog.

Monsoon,

Nintenjoo

I can certainly see why you would say that. None of the upcoming stuff is even HINTED at on their website and they have something coming that is going to REVOLUTIONIZE dabbing. When it drops, if its everything they say it is, people are gonna be like "Wut??!!"

I havent talked to them since probably November of last year. The owner and I have been missing each other for months. We had a 45 minute conversation yesterday about whats coming and I suspect after the Denver Cup, people are going to be talking about the Terpz guys.

Ill release info as they allow me to but trust me, something big is coming.

Did anything ever come of this "revolutionary" thing?

Nintenjoo,

Nintenjoo

Beats me. I havent talked to the owner of the company in over a year. They were developing a new enail and had some other stuff in the works and then kind of fell off the planet.

What was the revolutionary part of what they were doing?

Maybe someone else should do it.

Nintenjoo,

Monsoon

@Monsoon Hey man! You have any suggestions for a carb cap for my Sapphire Halo until I can get my hands on the D-nail version?
There's an iDab glass dabber that may work well, I think the Hive one might too. Make sure to send D-Nail an e-mail to be added to the contact list, that way you'll be notified as soon as they're restocked.

Monsoon,

DVision44

There's an iDab glass dabber that may work well, I think the Hive one might too. Make sure to send D-Nail an e-mail to be added to the contact list, that way you'll be notified as soon as they're restocked.

Thanks. I'll send them another email. I have an iDab that I got with my 710 whip a while ago but it's still too small to cover the dish.

I used a shot glass.

Thanks... I'll give that a try till I get my hands on something else.

DVision44,

PoopMachine

What was the revolutionary part of what they were doing?

Maybe someone else should do it.

They had a couple of things in the works. Since I dont know what the status of their company is, I dont think it would be right for me to divulge stuff I was told in confidence. I do think at this point theyve missed their window but maybe not.. its obvious there is still a lot of innovating to be done.

PoopMachine,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I just grabbed the highly educated hybrid quartz and titanium nail. I bought it because I went in to buy a quartz nail to torch. They told me it works with the flat coil so bam bonus points for working well for either one so why not try it. Started with it on my dnail instead of the sic. I absolutely love this thing. It's brand new still so maybe it's just exciting, but the flavor is unreal at 550. Way smoother than the sic or the Sapphire insert IMHO. I really really like it so far.

I wish I had a d-nail quartz halo to compare, but I have no interest in spending more. I probably have to sell my sic setup to a friend to justify the highly educated. Right now I'm prefering it. My only complaint is the dish is slightly too short to easily q-tip clean it.

Last edited:

rolln_j

I just grabbed the highly educated hybrid quartz and titanium nail. I bought it because I went in to buy a quartz nail to torch. They told me it works with the flat coil so bam bonus points for working well for either one so why not try it. Started with it on my dnail instead of the sic. I absolutely love this thing. It's brand new still so maybe it's just exciting, but the flavor is unreal at 550. Way smoother than the sic or the Sapphire insert IMHO. I really really like it so far.

I wish I had a d-nail quartz halo to compare, but I have no interest in spending more. I probably have to sell my sic setup to a friend to justify the highly educated. Right now I'm prefering it. My only complaint is the dish is slightly too short to easily q-tip clean it.

your using this on your d-nail - is that with the heat retainer? and did you buy the HE retaining nut or will this work with the retaining nut for the d-nail sic?

thanks for the feedback and info

rolln_j,

darkrom

Great Scott!
IDK what the "heat retainer" is. But this is used on the HE titanium base, quartz top. The only d-nail parts I have still are the DIY 1.2 unit, and the dnail flat coil. It is sandwiched in between the HE hybrid, using only HE parts. Hopefully that makes sense.

darkrom,
Reactions: rolln_j

rolln_j

IDK what the "heat retainer" is. But this is used on the HE titanium base, quartz top. The only d-nail parts I have still are the DIY 1.2 unit, and the dnail flat coil. It is sandwiched in between the HE hybrid, using only HE parts. Hopefully that makes sense.

ahh ok gotya - I have the 1.2 d-nail base and a slim line - the slim line has a titanium washer that you can put between the coil and dish

was just wondering if I could the dish on my either of my d-nail setups

rolln_j,
Reactions: darkrom

Monsoon

I have a 18,000mAh 85 Watt max battery pack that is identical but black and it does not work with the Auber RDK-200 I was hoping it would work because you can just plug into the battery pack. It just shuts the battery pack down. Again mine an 18,000 mAh 85 Watt max, not the 24,000.
I got an Auber RDK-300 for a buddy that I'm testing out for a bit. First thing I did was try it with my 24,000mah battery pack, it went on for a couple seconds and had this high pitched noise and then turned off. I can only speculate why but it seems the Auber's just don't work with it.

Aside from that it's a nice unit overall, I like the look, the knob makes it easy to adjust and the cords coming out the back will be more convenient for some people. Only downside is that I find it heats up slower and isn't as nimble as my Omron E5CC based Gimido. From room temp to 710F the Auber does it in just over 3 minutes while the Gimido hits it in 1.5 minutes. Also there's almost no over/under shooting with the Gimido, playing with the PID (code 166) and Ieg (code 177) values on the Auber seems to make a difference but not enough that they perform equally. Probably won't be a huge issue for most people though and at the current price of $130 I believe it's cheaper than all the Omron based units on the market.

Nintenjoo

ahh ok gotya - I have the 1.2 d-nail base and a slim line - the slim line has a titanium washer that you can put between the coil and dish

was just wondering if I could the dish on my either of my d-nail setups

You should order a quartz dish from NewVape and see if it fits.

I've always wondered also, as I have a Slim Series base for my SiC dish.

They're only $15, so it'd be a cheap way to try.

Dooooo it.

Nintenjoo,
Reactions: rolln_j

rolln_j

You should order a quartz dish from NewVape and see if it fits.

I've always wondered also, as I have a Slim Series base for my SiC dish.

They're only $15, so it'd be a cheap way to try.

Dooooo it.

damit - they are out of stock - lol

rolln_j,

rolln_j

Honestly, that dish looks pretty shitty compared to the HE one. Visually speaking. I think after seeing both I'd spend the extra on the HE one, and I'm far from a HE fanboy lol.

yeah I agree but for 15 bux I would have tried it out

aqua lab tech still has 20% off for 4/20 - going to just pull the trigger on the HE dish - thanks for the input

rolln_j,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just tested my new external battery pack with my Gimido e-nail and it works! Just heats up a bit slower and my watt meter reads it maxing out at 85W draw. I don't have any other e-nail to test it with though I may be able to try it with friend's Auber at some point down the road. Aside from outside dabs, it'll also make it easier when I take it to other people's houses since I won't have to worry about extension cords and outlets.

@mrbonsai420 The battery pack is 7.25x5.25x1 inches, I bet it would fit in your travel case to make it a fully portable solution.

That is so AWESOME! I will definitely be adding one of these to the travel kit soon. Thanks @Monsoon !

Hi guys,

I've read through almost this entire thread and I would just like to ask for your help!

I have a 16mm coil and e-nail box that my friend DIY'ed for me. It's been rocking for over two years now, knock on wood! I just got a new coil, but last night I broke my Hive Ceramic being an idiot and torching it clean..

I'm in the market for a new nail for my 16mm coil. I've had a pukinbeagle quartz, HE infiniti and Hive Ceramic. I think the quartz had the best taste but wasn't easy to clean and the dish was too small. I've seen a ton about this SIC D-nail insert but since I have a box my friend made and i don't have a flat coil right now I may be shit out of luck?

What would you guys recommend I replace my Hive Ceramic with? The new HE hybrid nails look cool but also require a flat coil i believe? Please help me out! Thanks!

I love my 16mm Liger. http://www.cca710.com/liger/ There is a 16mm and a 20mm version of this nail. It is extremely bad-ass! I highly suggest either insert :rockon:

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Monsoon
Top Bottom