next generation e-nails?

Nintenjoo

Honestly, that dish looks pretty shitty compared to the HE one. Visually speaking. I think after seeing both I'd spend the extra on the HE one, and I'm far from a HE fanboy lol.

Both my Quartz bangers are Chinese and shitty, but from what I hear in actual, use most people say there is no flavor difference between "good American Quartz" and Chinese Quartz.

And wasn't it Herbivore that was saying the HE one looks like shit compared to the D-Nail one? ;)

darkrom

Great Scott!
Both my Quartz bangers are Chinese and shitty, but from what I hear in actual, use most people say there is no flavor difference between "good American Quartz" and Chinese Quartz.

And wasn't it Herbivore that was saying the HE one looks like shit compared to the D-Nail one? ;)

Yeah and I agreed. The pics did look bad. IRL it looks good. Still no wic which I wanted, but i just love this nail. Still not sure why I went this route vs just getting the quartz halo considering I had everything, but I guess I just wanted to switch it up. Also the HE hybrid seems better for torch use to me. I can't decide if I want to use e-nails like I do now or sell it all and go back to torches.

I'm very indecisive I guess

I agree though for $15 ID probably try it too now that I think about it. At least keep it as a spare.

darkrom,
Reactions: rolln_j

Nintenjoo

Yeah if I knew the New Vape one would fit, I'd definitely try it.

I'm sold on the enail. I love it and would never go back to full time torch.

The SiC dish is great also.

But I do have a sweet Blazer torch, and I do like bangers, so I still have to use them here and there so they don't feel left out.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Seeing as how this thread is about 'next generation' e-nails, does anyone know what happened to D-Nail's Project Icarus from long ago?

wgxs1Zs.png

olysh pops

As I can't get one of the best enail recommended in this thread (no export to Europe/expensive shipping/US voltage), I decided to try GreenLightVapes G9 Classic from Shenzhen GreenLight Industry via Alibaba.

Seller is pleasant, answered all my askings and adapted my order with European voltage, 20mm coil and universal Ti nail.

E-nail with accessories cost 112,50$/98€ (via Paypal); free shipping lasted 6 days. A Glass banger and a glass cap from Hyman Quartz (35$) were added to basket.

Paint finish is not high quality on e-nail; manufacturer advertise keeping the unit ON more than 5 hours continously will avoid warranty.

After 4 weeks of daily use new toy is satisfying, 2:30 to reach 680°F. Temperature may vary 1°F or 2°F and keep stable when drawing. I have already switch on it all day/night many times, more than 5 hours and avoid waranty; enail still works perfect.

Max temperature is 999°F.

Glass banger has a better taste but Ti taste is great too (small amount of oil with glass banger and bigger with titanium).

IMO G9 Classic is a basic model which allow me to dab every day rosin tech oil ;)

kD32sWe.jpg

Yhc7ERj.png

Monsoon

Paint finish is not high quality on e-nail; manufacturer advertise keeping the unit ON more than 5 hours continously will avoid warranty.
I don't think there's a way to tell how long you keep it on at a time and 5 hours seems a bit arbitrary. That said I kept my first coil on a lot and it died after 6 months, using it less will likely extend the coil longer.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I recently got my hands on a D-Nail Sapphire Halo.
After using it for awhile I can say that it is unequivocally the best tasting and most efficient dabbing experience ever!!!

The amount of reclaim, or should I say lack of reclaim, is ridiculous.
After vaping 5g of wax/shatter using the Sapphire Halo I took a few pics of my dropdown:

YX8nGKg.jpg

vPNO1nh.jpg

YvGuy13.jpg

0pNSOJU.jpg

Sadly I deleted the picture I had of the same set-up after vaping 5 grams using the SiC Halo.
The difference was staggering.
Not to mention that the reclaim generated when using the Sapphire Halo is almost all light-sweet-honey-reclaim; no dark nasty drops (the reclaim with the SiC Halo was about half and half light-sweet/dark-nasty).

The hit is very smooth and there is almost no residual oil left in the Sapphire Halo after dabbing (the Sapphire is a milky white so it's easy to see any leftover oil).
My concentrate usage has dropped by at least 20%.
I'm running at a much lower temperature: Sapphire Halo @ 609* using the heat retainer, which definitely soaks up some heat vs. SiC Halo @ 629* w/o the heat retainer.
Sadly I don't have a thermometer to get actual dish temperatures, but I might get one for educational purposes.

I prefer using retaining lug with the smaller air inlet.
I don't get the whistle that @Monsoon mentioned when using this lug.
I thought that the added restriction would be a problem, but it seems to make the air flow a bit more easily; venturi effect?

All in all I can't say enough.
I thought that the SiC Halo was leaps and bounds ahead of everything else, after getting it I really didn't want to dab off of anything else.
Well the Sapphire Halo seems to be an order of magnitude better, I no longer use the SiC Halo at home.

I ordered a Liger V2 with SiC bucket about six weeks ago, and the only thing keeping me from cancelling my order is the slight hope that Josh will release a Sapphire Bucket for the Liger.
I can't think of much else that could eclipse the performance of the Sapphire Halo.

:love:

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
HAHa, Dammit @Monsoon . Quit making me buy shit!! I ran 4 heavy dab sessions on 1 charge and it still wasn't dead at a high temp. Running it at 625 I think it could go even longer!
No seriously thanks for the battery idea. This is truly the best travel dabs money can buy. Just got a new 16mm SiC dish for my liger too! The SiC quality on this last batch is so so good. I can't wait for the V3 flat coil monster! Check out the dish for it in pic 2, that's the 16mm, 20mm, and the MONSTER v3

F65474D7-9D68-44AB-80DE-54641FEA8556.jpg

F894C446-11FD-48D1-B52D-1E21F6C74179.jpg

EE31CB46-512B-41C3-8445-9CDE78266248.jpg

D7BBF0FB-7AD0-49AD-B750-49AE8416F1D9.jpg

DrSteez

So it's been a month since I ordered that small beaker travel rig.

Still no sign of it, tracking still says it's left the processing place... So I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Messaged the seller, he seems like he'll send another one... Hopefully it isn't some shit quality because the first order never Came.

DrSteez,

Monsoon

HAHa, Dammit @Monsoon . Quit making me buy shit!! I ran 4 heavy dab sessions on 1 charge and it still wasn't dead at a high temp. Running it at 625 I think it could go even longer!
No seriously thanks for the battery idea. This is truly the best travel dabs money can buy. Just got a new 16mm SiC dish for my liger too! The SiC quality on this last batch is so so good. I can't wait for the V3 flat coil monster! Check out the dish for it in pic 2, that's the 16mm, 20mm, and the MONSTER v3

F65474D7-9D68-44AB-80DE-54641FEA8556.jpg

F894C446-11FD-48D1-B52D-1E21F6C74179.jpg

EE31CB46-512B-41C3-8445-9CDE78266248.jpg

D7BBF0FB-7AD0-49AD-B750-49AE8416F1D9.jpg
I'm happy to see it worked out for you! It's a bit pricey but if you've already spent a shitload of money on the perfect dabbing setup it's nice to be able to use it anywhere and not worry about settling for a torch and nail.

DrSteez

@Monsoon, what's the power source for your enail?

Do you think I can Jimmy myself one of those?

I have an Auber, I can get some sort of battery powered thing and hook it all up together?

Thats so cool and now I can't imagine myself w/O my rig at the beach. How fucking awesome would this be before surfing sessions or even just sunbathing out in the day... Oh my goodness.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I have an Auber, I can get some sort of battery powered thing and hook it all up together?

Thats so cool and now I can't imagine myself w/O my rig at the beach. How fucking awesome would this be before surfing sessions or even just sunbathing out in the day... Oh my goodness.

That's exactly what we both just posted above.
This is the one I have, @Monsoon has the same one in white. I'm sure you COULD rig something up but it would require a DC to AC converter with a 3 prong wall outlet. Shouldn't be too hard with 6-10 18650 batteries. I have made several boost/buck units with battery packs shouldn't be too much different from that only with the AC converter.

http://www.amazon.com/ChargeTech-Po...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Monsoon

Sadly it does not work with Auber units for some reason, confirmed by myself and another member. Works fine with my Gimido (Omron PID) and I'm guessing most other ones that use off-the-shelf PID's. Worst case if you're not sure if it works, Amazon has a good return policy.

If you knew what you were doing you can probably build your own though you likely won't be able to match it's size.

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sadly it does not work with Auber units for some reason, confirmed by myself and another member. Works fine with my Gimido (Omron PID) and I'm guessing most other ones that use off-the-shelf PID's. Worst case if you're not sure if it works, Amazon has a good return policy.

If you knew what you were doing you can probably build your own though you likely won't be able to match it's size.

I have tested it with a Standard PiD unit in my Pelic-enail for travel and my home unit which is Omron PiD based (Awesome) it works too. Both are G9 brand. Not sure why the Auber unit won't work.

mrbonsai420,

grokit

well-worn member
What's going on with the d-nail sic halo dish?
It's been on sale for a while, but it's been but out of stock as well :huh:

grokit,

Monsoon

Checked yesterday with D-Nail... they said "any day now" for the SiC
It's been "any day now" for awhile, they're expecting it soon but they have no idea when it will actually arrive so it could still be a few weeks (or tomorrow). I'm waiting on one myself so I'll post when they're in stock unless someone else beats me to it.

Monsoon,
Reactions: grokit

mutten840

Make sure to check this page for setting the right temps when using the SiC dishes

http://www.d-nail.com/info/calculator/

I have found that if the temps are off it can make good shatter taste like ass. And what you set the temp to is not what the dish temp is. The above link will help make sure you are using the right temps for what you want the dish temp to be at. A good example is to compare the SiC quartz and req versions to each other and you can see a pretty dramatic difference in dish temps when set to the same heat temps

mutten840,

Gn0sis

been waiting a while on the SiC dishes to come back in stock as well. almost want to pull the trigger on the quartz halo just because i really want to have my first enail up and running already.

currently, using a torch + Ti nail and I cringe a little before every dab i take

Last edited:
Gn0sis,

mutten840

Just got this from Dnail about the Sapphire SiC halo dishes:

"The D-NAiL® Sapphire HALO™ is real, but remains limited and exclusive. To get on the Contact List, please send a Facebook Message to DNail710 or send an e-mail with contact@d-nail.com - Thanks!"

Looks like the Unicorn actually exists!!!

mutten840,

Monsoon

Just got this from Dnail about the Sapphire SiC halo dishes:

"The D-NAiL® Sapphire HALO™ is real, but remains limited and exclusive. To get on the Contact List, please send a Facebook Message to DNail710 or send an e-mail with contact@d-nail.com - Thanks!"

Looks like the Unicorn actually exists!!!
You must have missed the thread, a few of us including myself are dabbing on unicorns right now.

Monsoon,
Reactions: tylerj55
Top Bottom