next generation e-nails?

PoopMachine

Auber 200 + flat coil + Dnail base and SIC Halo. You might spend a tad more but not much. If you arent all about the SIC, just get a universal nail from Auber. Its a Highly Educated Infiniti knockoff.

jl420

So I think I'm ready to buy my next major toy, an e-nail! I've never dabbed before, so all this is new to me.

Is it best to pay extra to get a unit with a PID vs. analog?

I'm looking for a unit to use with my FC-1000. I'm looking to spend around $200. I can go a bit higher if there is a much better unit for just a few bucks more, but I don't want to spend $400+ on something I literally have never tried before....
I'd go with the http://www.auberins.com/ RDK-200. For around $200 with delivery you can get the digital control box, coil and a nail of your choosing. I have a RDK-200 with the 20mm coil and it's built like a tank and the temps are very accurate.I've seen analog in action and for a few dollars more it's worth getting a digital set-up.

jl420,
Reactions: Dr200

Nintenjoo

Auber 200 + flat coil + Dnail base and SIC Halo. You might spend a tad more but not much. If you arent all about the SIC, just get a universal nail from Auber. Its a Highly Educated Infiniti knockoff.

+2.

You will want the D-nail carb cap that fits the SiC Dish as well.

I just got one after using a shot glass for a carb for a while, and the carb cap is amazing. Makes a huge difference. And it's expensive! Yay!

Also, the cheap Chinese coils from DHgate fit, as does the $35 one from Amazon.

Also, the Auber is on Amazon, which is how I got mine. Just in case you have gift cards or something.

Nintenjoo,
Just pulled the trigger on a Liger, SIC insert and carb cap. Hopefully it shows up before I leave for Amsterdam.

Tired of using dropdown, etc.. makes pieces too unstable.. hopefully this solves that problem.
The SiC is on backorder bro. He just shipped my Liger with Quartz insert. He said the carb caps should be finished by the end of this week. I'm waiting right now on his reply as to when my SiC dish will be available

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: rolln_j

PoopMachine

The SiC is on backorder bro. He just shipped my Liger with Quartz insert. He said the carb caps should be finished by the end of this week. I'm waiting right now on his reply as to when my SiC dish will be available

Needs to be a dislike button. Are they out of all the SIC inserts? I ordered a 20 and it showed in stock.

I still bet it doesnt take as long to get here as my Kathy package did, which showed up yesterday, almost 2 months to the day of ordering.

PoopMachine,

zombied

So the Auber 200 seems very popular and so does the flat coil. Both of those make sense to me, but it looks like a Dnail base and SIC Halo nail would up the price by about $90 vs the universal nail. I'm not against it but I am having a hard time understanding it. Also, why the SIC Halo and not the quartz halo for $20 more?

Also, since I'm so new to this, I'll just come out and show my ignorance, because you can never learn without asking. This is the glass I have:

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/advance-booking-2015-new-high-quality-glass/218126546.html

What Dnail slim series base would I need? Why are there 2 of them listed when you add a base to the Halo?

Finally, what about the carb cap? Any recommendations there?

zombied,

matthend

Needs to be a dislike button. Are they out of all the SIC inserts? I ordered a 20 and it showed in stock.

I still bet it doesnt take as long to get here as my Kathy package did, which showed up yesterday, almost 2 months to the day of ordering.
The 20mm says in stock, but it says something like arrives in 14-21 days on the site as they are backordered. I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 20mm sic dishes to make my order and it is killing me! At least the ole trusty 710 whip is there to ease the pain...

matthend,

matthend

I just received an email from Josh saying "The SiC is still a ways out." He said he is doing everything in his power to shorten the wait.
I was told the same thing yesterday, I am fairly proud that I havent caved yet and ordered 16mm. I may order the 20mm liger and cap this weekend just to keep me from doing that, but it may hurt even more to have it and not use it.

first world problems i guess...

Last edited:
matthend,

tepictoton

I have not used my quartz inserts anymore after getting the SiC insert.

It will be worth the waith, is all I want to say....

For those that just cannot resist their urges to fill up their tool kits, the quartz is not far off from sic in the quality of vapor it provides, it just gives me more trailing, and if turning up the heat it will degrade flavor a bit.

Where as with sic I do not note a drop in flavor while setting the temp higher to get less or no trailing....

tepictoton,

PoopMachine

I decided to go ahead and get the quartz just to get the nail in and be useable. Josh said I think 4-5 weeks on the SIC dish and early next week on the caps. Maybe Ill get it all by next weekend.

Didnt really want quartz but I figure its better than nothing.

PoopMachine

So the Auber 200 seems very popular and so does the flat coil. Both of those make sense to me, but it looks like a Dnail base and SIC Halo nail would up the price by about $90 vs the universal nail. I'm not against it but I am having a hard time understanding it. Also, why the SIC Halo and not the quartz halo for $20 more?

Also, since I'm so new to this, I'll just come out and show my ignorance, because you can never learn without asking. This is the glass I have:

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/advance-booking-2015-new-high-quality-glass/218126546.html

What Dnail slim series base would I need? Why are there 2 of them listed when you add a base to the Halo?

Finally, what about the carb cap? Any recommendations there?

You need a 10/14/18F, a heat sink and a SIC dish and the carb cap that goes with the SIC dish.

I would probably get the 14/18F and a 18mm male to 18mm male dropdown. Most any glass not made in China for dabbing these days will have a male joint on it.

PoopMachine,

herbivore21

I just wanted to stop in again very briefly to let everyone know that if you are using an enail and your rig is proper borosilicate and does not have hand formed worked GonG joints (these being handmade will not be quite so perfectly shaped to avoid stress from heat expansion), you really do not need a dropdown except for potentially when heat cleaning your nail. A glass hydratube stand is very good for taking your nail off of the rig to heat clean if you are concerned about damaging your GonG joint.

However heat at 930f or below should not stress the glass, I have this info from various glassblowing friends. The hydratube stand for heat cleaning is really just for additional piece of mind without making your rig tippy using a dropdown ;)

Those of you who know me know that I only have one of a kind worked/sandblasted rigs. I do not own any production glass aside from a steamroller lol

Nonetheless, I only use a dropdown with my Mvapes x Sea of Glass Artists rig because of the hand formed female (more heat expansion using a male based enail on a female gong than with the opposite) gong joint.

Even using a female GonG joint with male titanium base for my Sapphire halo, the glass on the dropdown doesn't ever get damaged despite being left on 24/7 and even when heat cleaning at 930f or so (my preferred cleaning temp - however I do tend to steam clean my nails more often these days rather than heat cleaning them, saves the heaters some and does a great job of cleaning out the wik capillary channels of ash/residue)!

I have it from the boss over at D-nail that dropdowns should not be necessary at all with an enail- however I do personally recommend them still for rigs with hand formed GonG joints as these may be a bit snugger of a fit for the nail to begin with depending on the workmanship of the glassblower who made it.

If you are ever torching, you will need a dropdown or adapter of some kind to keep that thermal shock away from the glass! The reason that enails are not so brutal on our glass is because they heat up gradually ;)

Hope this helps you guys who are wondering about whether to go with a dropdown :)

Nintenjoo

I just wanted to stop in again very briefly to let everyone know that if you are using an enail and your rig is proper borosilicate and does not have hand formed worked GonG joints (these being handmade will not be quite so perfectly shaped to avoid stress from heat expansion), you really do not need a dropdown except for potentially when heat cleaning your nail. A glass hydratube stand is very good for taking your nail off of the rig to heat clean if you are concerned about damaging your GonG joint.

However heat at 930f or below should not stress the glass, I have this info from various glassblowing friends. The hydratube stand for heat cleaning is really just for additional piece of mind without making your rig tippy using a dropdown ;)

Those of you who know me know that I only have one of a kind worked/sandblasted rigs. I do not own any production glass aside from a steamroller lol

Nonetheless, I only use a dropdown with my Mvapes x Sea of Glass Artists rig because of the hand formed female (more heat expansion using a male based enail on a female gong than with the opposite) gong joint.

Even using a female GonG joint with male titanium base for my Sapphire halo, the glass on the dropdown doesn't ever get damaged despite being left on 24/7 and even when heat cleaning at 930f or so (my preferred cleaning temp - however I do tend to steam clean my nails more often these days rather than heat cleaning them, saves the heaters some and does a great job of cleaning out the wik capillary channels of ash/residue)!

I have it from the boss over at D-nail that dropdowns should not be necessary at all with an enail- however I do personally recommend them still for rigs with hand formed GonG joints as these may be a bit snugger of a fit for the nail to begin with depending on the workmanship of the glassblower who made it.

If you are ever torching, you will need a dropdown or adapter of some kind to keep that thermal shock away from the glass! The reason that enails are not so brutal on our glass is because they heat up gradually ;)

Hope this helps you guys who are wondering about whether to go with a dropdown :)

Tell that to my two day old diffusion pump.

https://imgur.com/a/qjJo1

Nintenjoo,

herbivore21

Tell that to my two day old diffusion pump.

https://imgur.com/a/qjJo1
Oh man that is an awful shame to see! How did you manage that? I have owned and left close to 10 different male jointed rigs on 24/7 without dropdowns and never seen breakage like that, even without removing the nails to heat-clean as I described above.

I would normally ask if there were any wrinkles or bubbles in the weld (this is usually the weakest point of the GonG most susceptible to damage) between GonG and rig but this is clearly not the case here - I have never seen a GonG broken like that (at the very top in the ground glass section, rather than where the GonG is fused to the rig)! That seems to me like someone potentially tried to twist or turn a stuck nail by the female nail base when removing it from the male gong? Of course I don't know what happened so just guessing ;)

herbivore21,

Nintenjoo

Oh man that is an awful shame to see! How did you manage that? I have owned and left close to 10 different male jointed rigs on 24/7 without dropdowns and never seen breakage like that, even without removing the nails to heat-clean as I described above.

I would normally ask if there were any wrinkles or bubbles in the weld (this is usually the weakest point of the GonG most susceptible to damage) between GonG and rig but this is clearly not the case here - I have never seen a GonG broken like that (at the very top in the ground glass section, rather than where the GonG is fused to the rig)! That seems to me like someone potentially tried to twist or turn a stuck nail by the female nail base when removing it from the male gong? Of course I don't know what happened so just guessing ;)

Good guess. ;)

There's a bit more too it than my stupidity though. Haha.

Knockoff infinity nail, with sic dish. Never heated more than 540* with an enail. Female directly on the male joint

It got stuck when cold. No big deal
Right? Turn it on to heat it up and take it off to put my new slim series base on. Like I've done a bunch of times before.

Nothing. Okay heat it up more right? Crank the enail, nothing. Heat with a torch nothing.

Put whole rig in freezer and then heat nail to glowing red quickly, and nothing. This thing is like glued on. Brand new piece, totally clean etc.

Anyway, I finally broke it trying to get it off.

I emailed the company I got the nail from and he was like yeah it could be our fault. We'll help you out.

So it'll work out, but it still sucks. It's really like a perfect rig for me.

And my drop downs were in the mail when it happened.

But I do think that this was a bit of a fluke.

herbivore21

Good guess. ;)

There's a bit more too it than my stupidity though. Haha.

Knockoff infinity nail, with sic dish. Never heated more than 540* with an enail. Female directly on the male joint

It got stuck when cold. No big deal
Right? Turn it on to heat it up and take it off to put my new slim series base on. Like I've done a bunch of times before.

Nothing. Okay heat it up more right? Crank the enail, nothing. Heat with a torch nothing.

Put whole rig in freezer and then heat nail to glowing red quickly, and nothing. This thing is like glued on. Brand new piece, totally clean etc.

Anyway, I finally broke it trying to get it off.

I emailed the company I got the nail from and he was like yeah it could be our fault. We'll help you out.

So it'll work out, but it still sucks. It's really like a perfect rig for me.

And my drop downs were in the mail when it happened.

But I do think that this was a bit of a fluke.
Oh man, that is so unlucky of an experience! The thermal shock of freezing the rig and then torching is definitely what broke the glass.

However, the original catching of the nail on the joint (which really sounds unusual and like more than user error, given that you couldn't even pull it off the joint again after heating it) could have been exacerbated by the tolerances of the taper on the base of your infiniti knock-off as you say and as the manufacturer acknowledged. It is good to hear that it sounds like they are gonna help you out but man I have always liked grav labs rigs and it pains me as it no doubt would have you to see that rig broken like that - a crying shame!

I should probably qualify what I said above in light of this example and say that if you are getting a knock-off ti jointed nail then it would be best to use it on a dropdown or adapter at first for a while until you know that it is not going to cause you problems with sticking on the joint without being able to remove it safely.

herbivore21,
Reactions: chainz

Nintenjoo

Oh man, that is so unlucky of an experience! The thermal shock of freezing the rig and then torching is definitely what broke the glass.

However, the original catching of the nail on the joint (which really sounds unusual and like more than user error, given that you couldn't even pull it off the joint again after heating it) could have been exacerbated by the tolerances of the taper on the base of your infiniti knock-off as you say and as the manufacturer acknowledged. It is good to hear that it sounds like they are gonna help you out but man I have always liked grav labs rigs and it pains me as it no doubt would have you to see that rig broken like that - a crying shame!

I should probably qualify what I said above in light of this example and say that if you are getting a knock-off ti jointed nail then it would be best to use it on a dropdown or adapter at first for a while until you know that it is not going to cause you problems with sticking on the joint without being able to remove it safely.

Yeah I'm curious about the freezing too. It did not seem to be any less stuck after I torched it, but it makes sense that it couldn't handle that thermal shock.

I wonder if there was any way to get it off besides trying to dremel it off with a cutoff wheel. Cut it down the side or something.

My banger still fits on the rig though, and with a drop down I could still use my enail on it.

But yeah. It sucks. I've never broken a piece in my life.

matthend

man that is painful, sucks to hear! If I were in your place, I would at least try a dropdown on that joint as it is. Is something like that possible?

matthend,

Nintenjoo

man that is painful, sucks to hear! If I were in your place, I would at least try a dropdown on that joint as it is. Is something like that possible?

Yeah they're in the mail. It should work fine with a drop down, as it works fine with a Quartz banger. But it doesn't work with my DNail slim
Series base.

My glass blower friend says he can fix it, but we'll see if he ever gets around to it.

Nintenjoo,
Reactions: matthend

Nintenjoo

Ouch, @Nintenjoo Did you ask the nail company why they think it might be their fault? It would be really useful to know.

I actually just emailed them to tell them what happened, and to maybe check their supplier just in case it's an actual issue on the factory side of it.

They said:
"It is very possible that your single nail is mishaped so it does not fit."

I'm assuming they said this because they advertise that these are from
China and they know anything can happen.

They're functional and seem like decent made nails overall for $20, and I was going to use it with the SiC dish so I wasn't too worried about the lower grade Ti for temporary use.

I've had some previous quality control issues with some past products from them, but their customer service has been beyond outstanding through every issue I've had with them.

Overall, I would have rather this never happened, as I was stoked about the diffusion pump, and it's a perfect size rig for me etc. the rig isn't being replaced with the same thing, so unless I can get it fixed, it'll always be broken, though somewhat useable.

But, on the upside, I'm being treated really well by these guys, so I can't bitch too much.

Nintenjoo,
Reactions: ReggieB

ReggieB

Thank you, it's appreciated, it was nagging me as to what it could be, I'm glad it's wonky and not the other thing I thought it might be. They sound like a really good retailer to deal with, a big thumbs up there :tup:

ReggieB,

grokit

well-worn member
So for the price of a spendy quarter oz, I took a chance on this complete enail setup. I have no experience and don't know the ti composition or xlr compatibility. I decided that for the price I can consider this a learning experience, and if it actually seems like a decent setup that will last, it's a steal. With a 5% coupon code and $10 shipping (in/from usa), the grand total came to $104. I've seen nails that cost more.

Vapecode Enail Full Kit with Ti Nail & Flat Coil

image_610fb97d-6bee-4c9c-b776-a049784f38f0_1024x1024.png

:popcorn:
I doubt I'll become a heavy concentrate user so this seemed like a good entry point to skip the torch. What do you guys think, should I start a new thread for this "cheap chinese enail kit", or just leave it here?

edit: I just added this nail/cap thingie, ~$5 shipped from amazon.
I have no idea if it will fit properly, total investment still under $110 shipped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom