Newbie with general and random vaporizer questions

WatTyler said:
FireofYouth said:
Just like Zaph I am doing my initial research before buying my first vap. I found this thread very helpful. However, I have made some choices specific to my needs that may impact my choice of purchase. Perhaps you guys, who have a better understanding of the different models can offer advice?

Do you guys modify any of your previous advice when taking into account my preferences? Is there 1 or a few models that you think would be best for my needs?
I'd just ask if you're trying to kick a smoking 'habit' with bud, of if you're just a light, occasional user?

If you're heavy and looking to substitute for smoking then something like the SSV, DBV etc i think would be pretty good for you- more satisfying clouds, which make it easier to leave combustion behind. But if it really is 'efficiency' that you're looking for (in terms of making your stash last the longest), and you're not looking to substitute a smoking habit, I might recommend the PD or MZ (if you're in the USA). But the hits aren't as 'big' in that each toke will produce a more limited quantity of vapor- it's only a small bowl- and so you waste less on exhaling a big cloud of still potent vapor. It's also easier to stop when you've had enough, whereas with something like the SSV you tend to vape the whole of a larger bowl.

I'm not a smoker of tobacco if that is what you are asking. I only smoke weed spun with my own blend of damiana, chamomile, feverfew, and lionstail. The blend tastes and smells good and accentuates the effects of weed without smoking as much. I plan on continuing to use the vap with my blend. I am looking at going vap mainly for health reasons but without sacrificing economy of usage.

I'm from Australia, where unfortunately the selection is quite limited. What are the PD and MZ. The aussie doller is sitting pretty good at the moment. It might be viable to order it from US and get it delivered.

FireofYouth,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Yeah, you're a little bit limited by being in Oz. PD (Purple Days) and MZ (myrtle zap) both don't sell outside the USA. They're what are known as 'log vapes' and are really efficient herb conservation wise. There are plenty of whip designs that work well, but the whole 'efficiency' thing is less obvious with the bog cloudy hits that are easier to achieve (IMO the efficiency is still there, but might take a bit more technique and practise to discover than with the log style).

By habit I don't necessarily mean tobacco. I'm aware that I have an MJ habit (that was no doubt assisted initially by using tobacco in my joints and bongs) and I smoked (now vape) at times when I didn't necessarily want to be that stoned or high, but I wanted/feel compelled to smoke/vape. Probably not the most healthy relationship, but there you go. We're all flawed, and I intend to address it. In this situation something like the MFLB (launch box) or a log vape (to a lesser extent) doesn't always hit the spot that I want hit, if that makes any sense. I want the exhale as well as the high. But that's my situation, and it sounds like you are maybe a bit different and a lighter, less habitual user than me.

You might be able to get a Woodeez sent to AU, but you'd have to look into it. That is the same design principle as the PD and MZ, but less well established in the market. It would tick your aesthetics box (plain wooden log), and doesn't need more purchases down the line to keep it going. IMO this might be your best option to look at.

Otherwise i think you have to look further into the whip styles u mention; DBV, SSV, VB etc. I can't speak of the EQ except hear-say as I've never used it and has never appealed to me, so I won't. Someone who knows first hand should say. Many of the other styles contain some sort of sundries of maintenance over the longer term (such as butane or bags) which you have said you don't want to be tied to, although even with a whip you'll have to relace the tubing occasionally and maybe the screen (although a screen can be maintained with a little effort)

Also, I think I did see a specific Aussie vape retailer somewhere on these boards (retailer thread?). Don't know who or what the story is, but it might help to know.

WatTyler,
Thanks WatTyler. You are a big help. I will do some research on the Woodeez.

For the record, I do like exaling the smoke and pretending I'm a dragon. :)

FireofYouth,

dorkus_molorkus

well, its been a whole 24hrs with my new HA. I have already showed it to 4 people & 3 of them swear they are buying one ASAP! (I might have to become a local distributer lol!)

Its 8am & have just had my 1st vape for breakfast with my coffee. Got on to some pretty skanky bush weed with heaps of seeds in it. I just pulled the seeds out & packed the crucible 3/4 full & VAAAPPPPEEEE.

4 hits of the whip at a lowish temp setting & I am toasted. amazing! yesterday & every day before that I was having 3 or 4 gravity bongs (bucket bongs) of some nice hydro 1st thing in order to face the day.

I do miss the tobacco hit that comes with combusting, but I aint putting that shit thru my HA.
I think the ABV is too valuable to fuck it with tobacco.
so, hoping the cravings for spin (tobacco) with pass, or I'm off to get some patches.

Today is experiment day. Gunna hook this badboy up to a bong with HOT water in it & see how that goes & I reckon I just might have to see what happens when I run it thru a gravity bong.

Saw a vid on youtube of some vietnam vet pulling gravity bongs thru a SSV.
Now he appeared pretty wasted when he started. But by the time he pulled 1 gravity bong, he couldnt fucking talk & shit, I thought he had a fucking stroke man, I swear i saw the left side of his face go all limp & he started to drool.
ah yes.......... good times.

dorkus_molorkus,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
dorkus_molorkus said:
Now he appeared pretty wasted when he started. But by the time he pulled 1 gravity bong, he couldnt fucking talk & shit, I thought he had a fucking stroke man, I swear i saw the left side of his face go all limp & he started to drool.

He goes by the name Stonedpony around here and he's got quite a few fans. ;)

pakalolo,

dorkus_molorkus

pakalolo said:
dorkus_molorkus said:

He goes by the name Stonedpony around here and he's got quite a few fans. ;)

I can see why, as we say round here- stonedpony's WAL (what a legend!)
It was a top vid, & I've given it a go.
Having trouble getting thick sorta hits from the HA, and was a bit disappointed with the hit from the gravity bong. It did the job, but i didnt noticed any difference from the whip really.

I guess I need a SSV to bring on stroke-like conditions achieved from the thick vapor he got.
My mate reckons he's probably getting a SSV soon, so I will be able to give it a go.

In saying all that, I havent managed to do anything today other than vape. Didint do anything yesterday either, except vape.

I wonder what I'm doing tomorrow??????? God, I gotta get my shit together.

love this site, have learned heaps & heaps. Thankyou to all the contributors.

dorkus_molorkus,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
heres how to maximize your fun while vape bonging with the ha:

grind your stuff up,
add a little kif,
add a fine mesh screen to keep the grinds in place, in the crucible,
drill out the mouthpiece for max airflow,
start at a higher temp than your probably used to,
insert mouthpiece directly into 14,4mm or 18.8mm downstem.

if you really want effective bucket hits then you need a supreme vape, and an all glass gravity bong - such as the gravitron! it will not fail to impress anyone! it works quite well for me. i haven't tried my gravitron with the HA though, mostly because its more cumbersome with cords and the bigger size, etc.

i loved the video that stonedpony put out, very entertaining. im not sure that gravitroning(?) my supreme vape has the same effect on me, but i will say that my setup is certainly cleaner, and i bet tastier as a result.

notmyrealUSERname,
Top Bottom