NEW VRIP logo, please vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey guys, I had posted this in the VHW thread but only got one response. Mark (the owner of VRIPtech, have invited him to participate in this forum but he kindly declined) asked me to see which logo you guys prefer. He is thinking of rebranding the company with a new logo with the release of the VHW. Any thoughts would be kindly welcome!

new logo
vripmasterqx7.jpg

or

old logo
photo2wc5.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
New (a little).

My vote: keep it simple (cool logo instead of words? Etched/Less color--quality sells without branding)

Progress,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Progress said:
New (a little).

My vote: keep it simple (cool logo instead of words? Etched/Less color--quality sells without branding)
i agree, i would like an etched glass logo over the green "slap you in the face" color logo, its best to keep the aesthetic simple

between the new and old i like the new, its a bit of improvement, but still leaves some to be desired in my eyes

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Ven

Praying Mantis
Guess I'll be the first to throw a curve ball and say old logo...

The new one looks like...eh I don't know, conformist, like they feel they need to fit in with the trend (The font is mainly getting me). You can see the upfront block lettered older logo easily, with this new one printed on transparent glass, seems like it could be more of a splotch.

:2c:

Ven,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Of those two, I prefer the first, but it still needs something.... it reminds me of 'lemons & limes', when it should shout out 'ice-cold vapor, all glass with class'. I think the most fitting logo is one that helps describe the product. If you look at a lot of alcohol companies (SKYY vodka, Patron, Budweiser even) you really get a 'feel' for what it delivers, without even trying it.

Look at Ehle and ROORs logo, they are very simple, but classy. The splatter design, in my opinion, is too flashy, and wouldn't transfer well onto glass pieces.

To be honest though, the reflection is what really throws it off. It looks 10x better without it. Add some black and maybe a bit of orange too, and that shit would look slick. Maybe with a light blue splatter for the 'icy feel'. :)

( I really want to go to graphic design school... it's one of my dreams in the next few years, but I really have no experience/background, just my opinion :) )

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Neither of them are a great fit imho. Like Spiral, I'd prefer something more subtle.

Progress said:
quality sells without branding
Seems to be especially true in the vape world. Less is more and all that.

Ok, ok, gotta pick one... I'd go with the typeface on the pro water tool (ideally invert the logo so 'vriptech' is etched with no background, and remove the url... a small '.com' next the logo would be better imo). :D

vwtpro_l.jpg

vtac,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Just woke up and wanted to reply b4 I have switch to shotgun to navigate at the next rest/gas stop (on deck to driving :/ )

Vtac-I'd go with the typeface on the pro water tool (ideally invert the logo so 'vriptech' is etched with no background, and remove the url
Sounds like the best idea yet IMO (other than a cool yet unique, elegant yet edgy, simple yet distinct, abstract yet reproducable, symbolic yet clear we-don't-need-to-market-this-fucker logo :D )

Just a "V" could be a nice basis for this logo (for "V"tac, of course :p )...it could be etched or come in different colors; it could evolve to look like a spray-painted check mark; they could come out with a 'peace' line of VWT's with fingers making a 'V' on the front... :lmao:

Ramble, ramble, ramble...

Vtac, do I have to be totally awake and coherent to post something :lol:

I guess I have to be coherent to navigate--well, gotta go :doh:

Progress,

Honey Bear

As someone who cares how the company does due to the sentimental value that the Vrip system offers me (as well as the possibility of having good future experiences with the VWH and such), I do care about the company doing well, and I share each and every sentiment expressed in the thread thus far. I like the general direction towards simplicity that people are advocating...no need for anything to flashy. After all, the VHW, from what I have seen so far, is one slick mothafuckin tool! A simple solid, standout V with the riptech part kind of icy etched looking could be real slick...well, lets be honest, I'm not too much of a visual guy, yes, great suggestions so far, and Mark, don't be so shy! It would be awesome if you posted here, and it would only promote good publicity for your product. Hopefully you at least read our posts!

Honey Bear,

Beezleb

Something like this will generally always end up with many different opinions and views. The question is mostly about subjectivity unless you are speaking from a professional marketing/logo background.

I personally think a big brand name on the device is ugly. Reminds of someone buying a vehicle from a car lot and they put a sticker on it with the dealers name.

For stickers and whatnot, I like the new one but to put on a product, I would go with a symbol, sort of what honey bear has stated.

Beezleb,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
old logo :o ...no doubt...part of the reason the company looked pretty cool the first time i glimpsed that was the logo...just seems really old school....but with the vapor twist...very neat

:peace:

I WANT A VHW!

Hennessy1414,

sixthsensi

Vapor Rapor
Late 2 the party, but.....The new logo, maybe also in white.... It looks like the type of logo that would be on a more sophisticated piece of equipment, such as yours.:2c:

sixthsensi,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom