New Extreme Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefe

My Extreme came in the mail yesterday, I used it last night and this morning with great success. However not 5 minutes ago it shut off and started making a weird ticking noise, and the fan and heater were intermittently turning on and off. No lights on or anything. The remote and buttons did nothing.

WTF is up with that? This thing wasn't cheap and I expected a little better craftsmanship.

I asked the seller for an exchange for a working one, as I really like it and want to give it another shot, but this REALLY discourages me.

Hefe,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
with all the technology thats on the extreme, its understandable that the occasional lemon will slip out, what really matters is that the company stands behind their product

if you dont get anything from the reseller, go to airizer, your warranty is with them anyway i believe

edit: i just noticed i said manufacturer instead of reseller :uhoh:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hefe

Phew. Checked all the cords to make sure they were all plugged in tight.. sure enough the 3 prong plug wasnt plugged into the little black box thingy tight enough. She works great :ko:

Hefe,

Hefe

Damnit! There is definitely something wrong with this thing. It shut off again, even when all plugs are tight. Grrrr... this is so irritating

Hefe,

Hefe

It is the power adapter that is faulty I believe. Does anyone know where I could buy another one for it? Circuit City?

Hefe,

Hefe

Does anyone at least know what that thing is called so I can go try to find a new one?

Hefe,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Contact arizer bro. They'll bend over backwards to help you out and supply any info you need.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
Hefe said:
I got it on ebay is the only problem
That's not a problem. You have a proof of purchase via eBay. This vape is sold by everyone from established on-line dealers to 'hole in the wall' headshops. Your warranty is with Arizer, not the dealer/seller you bought from. Any time you have a warranty you're better off dealing with the manufacturer unless the seller/dealer is willing to exchange the unit for a new one. Since you just got yours yesterday, you could contact the eBay seller and see if they'll exchange it. Arizer certainly will, and you may get faster service from them too.

max,

Hefe

Ok good to know. Thank you. I'm gonna take the power cord to circuit city and see if they have replacements. A long shot, I know, but I gotta have another bag tonight! haha

Hefe,

Dr. Dope

should of ordered the battery pack for such an emergency! kidding

hopefully you get this sorted out.

Dr. Dope,

Hefe

Well, I got it working for now anyway.

I just beat on the black box until it stayed on haha. Problem solved. Like I said, for now anyway.

Hopefully arizer can send me a new power supply.

Any yes Dr. Dope, I would love a battery pack, not only for times like this, but also for camping trips, etc.

I looooove the extreme.

Hefe,

Hefe

E-mailed Arizer. Here is the response I got within an hour:

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Sometime ago we received 5,000 power adapters, one box of 200 had bad fuses and it appears you got one of them, I'm very sorry about that. I will ship you out a new one, could you please provide me with your mailing address. When you receive the new power adaptor could you please mail back the defective one so our technicians can take a look at it.

That is VERY good customer service. I'm pleased to say the least.

Hefe,

Hefe

Nice! Thanks!

So are both ends of the bowl just regular 18.8mm female pieces?

Hefe,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
CD, that is some thick ass vapor...I can't even see the blue box underneath it! Is this thickness because you opened up that hole? I gotta do mine like that pronto if so.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Actually, Arizer first got their power adapters from the same company that supplies HP with power adapters. But for some reason, Arizer got a much higher failure rate than HP was getting. So they left that company in search of a new one...I'm not sure where that ended.

My power adapter died after about 6 months and Steve replaced it immediately. I think Arizer has more production problems than other manufacturers, but that could be just perception given we have more Extreme users here than anywhere else.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Even if they have more problems than other companies, it's still a good buy just because they fix the problems quickly and effectively.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
^Water hash, numbers are the micron size of the bags. :p

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom