Need Help Choosing A Portable Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently own an herbal air 2.0. I like this vaprizer for the most part. But I am looking for a portable option. I am wanting something that heats up and cools down quickly. I want good quality vapor, not too thin. I want to be able to quickly heat it, hit it a couple times and put it back in my purse or pocket... Something to get me high and then easily do a one or two hit when buzz starts to fade, to refresh it.
does anyone know any portable/handheld vapes that would fit this description? I also don't want it to be too complicated to work. I would really really appreciate any tips, advice, or help anyone could give me on choosing a portable vape. Thanks.

mrs.sunshine,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Do some research and watch some action videos on you tube of Vapman and Lotus are lighter based vapes with clean airpath .. IMO they totally worth it .. MFLB is slow.. Vapor Genie you inhale butane.. I prefer Vapo-bowl (15 $ ).. If cash is not the problem Check the Venus vaporizer thread .. But it's not exactly smth you put in your pocket :) .

Abysmal Vapor,
well, i would love to watch videos on youtube, would make life a lot easier, but im blind. not possible. thats why i gotta take others word for it. it's hard to find shops with good selections to get a hands on feel and get info.

i was lookin at the launch box, but it seemed like the vapor would be too thin. i want good quality. i read somewhere that the wispr was supposed to be great. i hate the vaporgenie. weak vapor and too much of a fumey taste. i was lookin at the vapir no2 or the vapir mini oxygen, the mini seems to be just a smalelr first of the vapir no2....but i don't know how good these are. i'll look around at some of the ones you mentioned. thanks a bunch! :D

mrs.sunshine,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think you should look into the NO2 and the Arizer Solo. I haven't tried the NO2, but i've read mixed reviews. I own a Solo and love it. The only downsides for your situation may be that it takes about 2 minutes to heat up, and I let it cool down for a few minutes before removing the (breakable) glass stem.

Good luck!

:peace:

Stu,
someone mentioned to me that there is supposed to be a new stainless solo coming out, but i haven't been able to find much info on it, how itt is supposed to work and stuff.

the no2 and the mini oxygen are the same things i believe but the mini is....mini lol. so i don't know if it would give as good of quality vapor as the no2. but i've talked to a person who owns a no2 and she loves it.

mrs.sunshine,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The Solo is a good portable but not really convenient to use for just a hit or two every now and then and it has a heat up time. It sounds like you want one of the new ecig type vaporizers. They are fairly new and I can't tell you much about them, but you may want to have a look at these two threads for starters:

Omicron Vaporizer

Cannabee E-joint

OhTheAgony,

Amazingkaddycap

Ioite. I own one Inhale , one iolite and my GF has an iolite. They rock and produce think vapor. It's rocked me harder then my volcano on occasion. The wispr I can't speak for I haven't tried it. I own the MFLB also. Spend the extra and get the iolite. Search over

Amazingkaddycap,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Only vape I know that does exactly what you described without flame is a MFLB.

mrs.sunshine said:
I am wanting something that heats up and cools down quickly. I want to be able to quickly heat it, hit it a couple times and put it back in my purse or pocket...
Only expensive IR vapes are fast as MFLB, Maybe some flame powered, I don't like them, because it's easy to combust with these. And the cooldown, imo MFLB is the king.
mrs.sunshine said:
I want good quality vapor, not too thin.
MFLB can produce good quality vapr for a portable. With very slow draws you can get clouds. But you want something 'from pocket -> hit it -> pocket'. That is what MFLB does. Don't expect huge clouds like desktop units.
mrs.sunshine said:
Something to get me high and then easily do a one or two hit when buxz starts to fade, to refresh it.
Yes, it gives just one hit and gets cool and ready to another one when you want it. You can shedule your hits like you want. You can stretch one trench in whole day or vape several trenches and get baked.
mrs.sunshine said:
I also don't want it to be too complicated to work.
Put herbs in, put battery in, optional mouthpiece, vape.

Seek,

weedemon

enthusiast
if you have access to good concentrates then the omicron is a good option too!! :)

but for herb i vote mflb!

weedemon,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
JDSupreme said:
Stay away from the Vapir O2 Mini. Its not that great IMO
Seconded. I've had one as my first vape. Smells like plastic (can be burned out but it continuously returns), and almost everything that could break has broken itself. Like wobbly buttons, low quality power cable (that's why mine doesn't work now), etc. It has very imprecise temperature controll (yet adjustable by 1F without temp memory), like I've set it from 250 to 320 everytime (more than 320 was stinky, also it was oscillating between 300 and 340). The battery source shorted itself few weeks after I've bought it. Also, it's weak, it can do the job, but it's weak.

Seek,
wow! thanks everyone for the info. it helps a bunch. i think i've narrowed it down to mflb and iolite and lookin at those ecig types. thanks! i write my experience when i finally make the purchase. :)

mrs.sunshine,
those ecig types confuse me. can't figure out what the heck the "cartridge" they are talking about it, and oils....I though you just put dry herb in vaporizers and it heats up the oils....i just don't get how the ecig type vapes work. so, don't think i'll be goin for one of those.

mrs.sunshine,

max

Out to lunch
There really is no model that's as simple and easy to use as you'd like. The Magic Flight box is going to require some attention and if you're looking for bigger hits....

The iolite or wispr comes closer to fitting your requirements for an 'in and out of pocket quick hitter', but it'll take a couple of minutes to reach vaping temp and the hissing noise can be a negative factor for stealth.

Abysmal Vapor said:
Vapor Genie you inhale butane
Your statement is misleading and not the kind of advice we'd like to see on this forum. The only way you're going to inhale butane is by drawing on the Genie while holding down the butane injector on the lighter with no flame present. Who in their right mind is going to do that? If it's an accident (flame goes out), then anyone with half a brain is going to release the butane valve instantly and relight the lighter. This would apply to any flame powered vape, not just the Genie. Your statement implies that there's something inherently defective in the VaporGenie design, which is just not true. If you're trying to say something different, then either take the time to explain what you mean, or don't type the words. Let's not see any more statements like this from you please.

max,

weedemon

enthusiast
mrs.sunshine said:
those ecig types confuse me. can't figure out what the heck the "cartridge" they are talking about it, and oils....I though you just put dry herb in vaporizers and it heats up the oils....i just don't get how the ecig type vapes work. so, don't think i'll be goin for one of those.
let me try to help shed some ligt for you!

I have only used the omicron so i will not be talking about the others ok?

It uses hash oil. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=50 (you are familiar with hash and concentrates? good oil has the essence and flavour of the herbs you had, but you get rid of all the plant matter. not as important with vaporization but let me tell you concentrates are a new level compared to your herbs. :)

most vapoizers totally do use herbs instead of the concentrated oil form.

how the ecig works.
there are basically 2 parts. the battery (the handle of the unit) and a cartomizer (a steel tube that you load your hash oils into) this screws into the battery, and then you just press a button and slowly inhale. it's like holding a thick straw or something.

I can highly recommend the omicron. I am thrilled with it very discreet, and easy to carry around. IT is ready to give you a hoot whenever you want and there is literally only a 3-7 second wait time before you can start vapin. if you buy it though spend the extra 20 on the double kit. it's like getting 2 vapes for the money. totally worth it!

for a fast hitting and discreet portable for herbs the mflb cant be beat imo :p

weedemon,
thank you so much. :) that helps a lot! sounds very nifty. i will search more on the oils and concentrates for it. i didn't see a price for that ecig type, so i'll have to keep diggin for that too. thhanks.

mrs.sunshine,

weedemon

enthusiast
i can help you with that too. it's 199.99 for the double kit. 179 for the single. kinda pricey, but if you split it with a friend then you half the cost! :) just need to buy the spare charger also. 10 or 20 bucks, i don't remember :p

as for concentrates i assumed you were a medicinal user as most of the member here are. if you are not, I would be happy to talk to you and explain how to make it yourself I am not either and had to learn. it requires buying a few tools, (glass turkey baster for example) but once you have them you are set. it's actually pretty easy, once you have seen the process.

another + to the omicron is you load a cart onto the vape and are good to go for a week or so... for me I have been using mine every day for over 2 weeks. (i have 3 carts in rotation and it's totally dependent on how much you need to medicate.) the carts are still going! not hitting as hard as in the beginning, but they still get me plenty medicated :p a battery charge tends to last me 3-4 days.

what im trying to get at here is it doesn't need bowl changing, or butane refills etc. once it's charged and you have a cart loaded on, you are good to go (in my case at least 4 days!) without any messing around. check out their thred for their website :) im not allowed to say it.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6283
(under the original posters username click on website.)

weedemon,
ok, i've been doing a lot of comparing on portible vapes. it's tricky for me since i can't watch videos and see pics. i am wanting to know if any of you can tell me how easy (or difficult) using these vapes are. Like, what do you have to do to have a vape session? How hard is it to get the herb in and set the temp, or like the butain ones...i have no idea how that works....how i would replace the butain or whatever needs to be done. so if you can tell me "how to use" any of these vapes i would appreciate it:

vapolution
venus, iolite, wispr, and solo..

have no clue how the butain powered ones work, i am very interested in finding that out, and how the solo is to operate.

mrs.sunshine,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The Solo is probably the easiest one to use. All you have to do is put some weed (ground or ungrounded, both works) in the bowl part of the glass stem/mouthpiece, stick the stem in the device, turn it on by pressing two buttons at the same time and set it to your fav temperature with the 'up' button. When the light stops blinking it's hot and you can begin to toke. When vapor becomes thinner just turn it up a setting, till you run out of higher settings (it goes from 1 to 7) or till you feel you had enough. It stops by itself after 12 minutes so you have to turn it on again if you want to go on longer.

That's about it. Filling a vape with butane is just the same as with a refillable lighter, just press the fill nipple of a butane can against the filler valve of the unit (usually on the bottom) for a few seconds and viola. I don't own any of the other vapes or know them well, so I'll let someone else chime in on your other picks.

Just curious, but why can't you see photo's or watch vids?

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm assuming that Mrs. Sunshine is blind. I agree that the Solo probably the easiest to use portable out there in that there is zero learning curve, and has a very simple interface (just 2 buttons). No butane to deal with, although I don't think it would be too hard to fill butane either. The iolite and wispr would be good candidates, too as they are very straightforard to as well. I've never used the Venus, but as a conduction vaporizer it looks to be best used with visual feedback (you inhale when the vapor globe fills up). It doesn't grab my fancy at all, to be honest.

Good luck!

:peace:

Stu,

Gunky

I think the mflb might be good for your situation. It's pretty easy to work and easy to load. Like most vapes there is a learning phase. With practice and good batteries (Powerex 2700's) you can get thick hits. The only difficulty might be cleaning it after a load. It's best to use the little makeup brush they include to gently brush the screen. The screen is somewhat fragile and you must avoid pressing it hard. I think if you spend some time gently handling the unit and getting to know it by feel you could accomplish the cleaning part pretty well, too.

Gunky,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there Gunky. The LB is an incredibly visual vaporiser. That whole trench flipping regime can be fiddly enough even when you can see it well, and it's key to evenly vaping the load with the LB.

OP, Solo is good and will give you the quicker hits that you mention in your op, whilst I find the Iolite better for slightly longer sessions. Just the way I use it- I know some folk do load smaller bowls and just use it for a few hits at a time, but it doesn't work so well that way for me. The Iolite is more portable, in that it's a circa 2hr fuel tank and your not tied to and electrical outlet at all. The Solo only lasts me for about and hour and a half, or less. But despite this for me the Solo wins this comparison due to the bigger thicker hits and variable temp. I've never used the wispr, vapolution or venus to compare.

WatTyler,
yep, i am blind, but that doesn't stop me from soakin up the sunshine! Ok so my question now is this glass stem on the solo....is it easily knocked out/off the solo unit? i have the herbal aire home unit, with this teflan mouthpiece that snaps on over the hole of the bowl and that sucker falls off too easily! and then the room smells likepot. Hate knockin that thing off. The herbal aire h2 has a uh..turning knob, like turn the notch to 7:30 and you got 375! i was considering the mflb, but the last post, about how its a visual vape is making me think i need to rule that one out. the trench thing doesn't sound like something i wanna mess with. so solo and vapir no 2 are the the two that are left to choose from. i just g otta find out if that stem knocks off easy...since its glass that be a very bad thing.

mrs.sunshine,

Gunky

I actually don't look much when I shake the lift box, just give it a good shake every which way. I don't even think of it as flipping, but rather shaking.

Gunky,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The stems on my Solo are pretty snug, and wouldn't get knocked off very easily. Having said that, if it got knocked over, the glass could break. I haven't broken anything yet, but you can't rule that out.

I have a MFLB, too, and for your situation I don't recommend it. There are just too many variables, and many of them are visual.

I'd go with the Solo, but if you're concerned about accidents and broken glass, then you may want to consider the butane vapes or even the NO2. I didn't really care for the NO2, but many really like it and it would be less breakable than the Solo.

:2c:

Stu,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom