Nectar Hex

Vapinski

wow, ok i like it like that. take longer, softer pulls. it a sipper, mainly. it's same way on starry 4. just looked at mine it barely open. sound isn't something i consider when hitting. i like a little restriction
Yeah that is what I’ve learned a few bowls in, I needed to slow down my hits. Haven’t had a sipper before, thanks for the tip.

Vapinski

Check it out, a custom mouthpiece!
It’s a slightly modded 510 drip tip, seals perfectly and drastically helps mitigate the heat of not just the mouthpiece but seemingly the entire device. It’s really wonderful and honestly makes the Hex 10x better for myself.
I highly recommend trying it, just slip 2 extra o-rings to the end of a drip tip and lightly twist as you insert it into the vaporizer. it should make a seal if the sizing is right.

Not to mention any 510 drip tip could potentially work. As for these glass ones: https://www.wish.com/product/6513e7480ce70dcb8f3e2e0c?source=search&position=0

Last edited:

Vapinski

Bonus mouthpiece: if you have an Airvape Legacy Pro, the glass tube that comes with it can be press fitted with no mods needed, although do it very gently (while slowly twisting) as it is a snug fit. Vgoodiez carries custom ones with cooling spikes and terp pearls so that is another potential option. I’ve had one and they are just slightly smaller in OD which would fit better than the stock option.

I will get one and report back.

Last edited:

seedy53

Check it out, a custom mouthpiece!
It’s a slightly modded 510 drip tip, seals perfectly and drastically helps mitigate the heat of not just the mouthpiece but seemingly the entire device. It’s really wonderful and honestly makes the Hex 10x better for myself.
I highly recommend trying it, just slip 2 extra o-rings to the end of a drip tip and lightly twist as you insert it into the vaporizer. it should make a seal if the sizing is right.

Not to mention any 510 drip tip could potentially work. As for these glass ones: https://www.wish.com/product/6513e7480ce70dcb8f3e2e0c?source=search&position=0

i wish i could see you take the drip piece being prepared, fitted, and installed. great idea by the way. i need more details on the o-rings you purchased and their size. you may have hit a home run on this one. lol

seedy53,
Reactions: Vapinski

Vapinski

i wish i could see you take the drip piece being prepared, fitted, and installed. great idea by the way. i need more details on the o-rings you purchased and their size. you may have hit a home run on this one. lol
The o-rings I used were just random ones I had from all the years of nicotine vaping, but I just bought a variety size package of o-rings and am going to find the perfect fitting one for the drip tip to be super easy to use.

Honestly, I can just send you a drip tip when I have all the parts as I already have two and plan on ordering more.
I saw you all over the place talking about this vape and your positive shouts in the background were helpful in my decision making.
I’ll let you know what size works when I have the info as well though.

It seriously is a dream, I vaped so much weed in one sitting being mesmerized by how perfect the vapor is. It could easily be cranked up to about 432 F with smooth results. This fixes the devices biggest flaw for sure: the metal base mitigates the heat and the glass stem smooths out the vapor a bit more.

Last edited:

seedy53

The o-rings I used were just random ones I had from all the years of nicotine vaping, but I just bought a variety size package of o-rings and am going to find the perfect fitting one for the drip tip to be super easy to use.

Honestly, I can just send you a drip tip when I have all the parts as I already have two and plan on ordering more.
I saw you all over the place talking about this vape and your positive shouts in the background were helpful in my decision making.
I’ll let you know what size works when I have the info as well though.

It seriously is a dream, I vaped so much weed in one sitting being mesmerized by how perfect the vapor is. It could easily be cranked up to about 432 F with smooth results. This fixes the devices biggest flaw for sure: the metal base mitigates the heat and the glass stem smooths out the vapor a bit more.
you are a nice person, if you could provide the links, and basic instructions, then there would not be a need for you to send one. however that is a very generous offer though, thanks.

seedy53,

Vapinski

you are a nice person, if you could provide the links, and basic instructions, then there would not be a need for you to send one. however that is a very generous offer though, thanks.
Okay. I will get back to you soon.

Vapinski,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Alright, here’s the fully realized mouthpiece mod: simply replace the o-rings on the mouthpiece with the ones in the link and it will sit flush.

O-rings:
https://a.co/d/5cJLI12

Mouthpiece:
how stable is the mp, can you go for a walk and put in a jacket pocket? or must you treat it as a fragile connection? BTW-Thank you for all your help.
i'm worried a bit, the o-rings are Nitrile Rubber not exactly toxic free at 108c and above. i'd feel better if i can find that size in silicone.
do i remove the stock mouthpiece?

aybe i should get these o-rings instead.

Silicone O-Rings, 3mm Inner Diameter, 7mm OD, 2mm Width Seal Gasket 5pcs​

silicone o-rings

Last edited:
seedy53,

seedy53

Alright, here’s the fully realized mouthpiece mod: simply replace the o-rings on the mouthpiece with the ones in the link and it will sit flush.

O-rings:
https://a.co/d/5cJLI12

Mouthpiece:

Vapinski

you have not responded to my last set of question, so i decided to take a chance. oh you responded just now never mind.
i just ordered 'silicone' o-rings and mouthpiece, same as yours, just now, i can't wait to try the mp system,thanks again

seedy53,

Vapinski

how stable is the mp, can you go for a walk and put in a jacket pocket? or must you treat it as a fragile connection? BTW-Thank you for all your help.
i'm worried a bit, the o-rings are Nitrile Rubber not exactly toxic free at 108c and above. i'd feel better if i can find that size in silicone.
do i remove the stock mouthpiece?

aybe i should get these o-rings instead.

Silicone O-Rings, 3mm Inner Diameter, 7mm OD, 2mm Width Seal Gasket 5pcs​

silicone o-rings
You can pull off the magnetic lid when pulling on the mouthpiece, it’s pretty firm.

Vapinski,

seedy53

You can pull off the magnetic lid when pulling on the mouthpiece, it’s pretty firm.
sound like a winner. i wanted to get the curve one, but they wanted another shipping fee, so there was no advantage to get it now. ;)

seedy53,

Vapinski

Different o-rings might work better, choose whatever you think is best. The ones in the link aren’t the ones I’m using as I bought a variety size kit to figure which size would fit best. I didn’t look into much outside of the size when sharing the link so my apologies if they aren’t quality ones.

Vapinski

you have not responded to my last set of question, so i decided to take a chance. oh you responded just now never mind.
i just ordered 'silicone' o-rings and mouthpiece, same as yours, just now, i can't wait to try the mp system,thanks again

Vapinski,

Vapinski

sound like a winner. i wanted to get the curve one, but they wanted another shipping fee, so there was no advantage to get it now. ;)
Yeah I’m interested in the curved one but not enough to get it. I decided to go for the straight rainbow one, I think it will match the black of the device best. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it!

Vapinski,

seedy53

Yeah I’m interested in the curved one but not enough to get it. I decided to go for the straight rainbow one, I think it will match the black of the device best. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it!
i like silver better. lol
silver and gold are my 2 metals. platinum would be great some day. lol
plus silver matches my many kinds of jewelry things -- ear rings, hair bands, necklaces and piercings.
the new mp, i'll post when i get them and mount it. the curved one would remove more heat i bet esp with some 6mm/5mm boro balls inside

seedy53,

Vapinski

i like silver better. lol
silver and gold are my 2 metals. platinum would be great some day. lol
plus silver matches my many kinds of jewelry things -- ear rings, hair bands, necklaces and piercings.
the new mp, i'll post when i get them and mount it. the curved one would remove more heat i bet esp with some 6mm/5mm boro balls inIt really doesn’t need more cooling in my experience. I have been able to crank it up all the way
It really doesn’t need more cooling in my experience so far; I have been able to crank it all the way up and still get comfortable hits with the straight one.

Vapinski,

seedy53

It really doesn’t need more cooling in my experience so far; I have been able to crank it all the way up and still get comfortable hits with the straight one.
i like the softer heat and more flavorful tastes, i get from those glass boro balls.
whether it's fact or fantasy, it works for me lol

seedy53,

Vapinski

i like the softer heat and more flavorful tastes, i get from those glass boro balls.
whether it's fact or fantasy, it works for me lol
Whatever works for you 👍 I decided to buy a curved one just to try it out so I will let you know what it’s like.

Vapinski,

Vapinski

Typo on #3 *Screen is placed right on top*

So yeah, you can take a screen straight from the stash on your Hex battery cover and it will fit perfectly into this mouthpiece and the piece screws back on as if it’s not even there. I’m doing this to further help reduce resin build up from reaching the stem/mouth.

Also, it’s not much, but I managed to squeeze two 5mm boro balls in the base of the mouthpiece with the screen in there.

Last edited:
Vapinski,

seedy53

the HEX deep cleaning of zirconium cooling chamber, zirconium mouthpiece, and the top head section (do not think it's Zirconium but maybe peek) where all zirconium parts fit.
can you soak zirconium parts in 91% iso overnight?
there are little tiny slots and holes in the cooling and mp area that are very difficult to get to with brushes.
should i iso soak or should i boil-out in water, the zirconium parts and the top head section (is peek)?
i'm not sure how long of a soak i should do.
there is little to no information on how to do a really dirty, resin filled cooling section clean-up of the parts and i do not want to fuck it up.
can anyone advise or have encountered this problem?
i do not want to experiment unless i have no alternative. thanks.. their replacement parts are big $ and come from UK-meaning freight costs and time too.
please do help me out, give me some of your expertise. :myday:thanks

cooling-unit-1.jpg

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The mouthpiece is zirconia and can be soaked in up to 100% iso for as long as you want.
Be careful when you disassemble/assemble as the parts are brittle like glass and will break if you force anything.
I find my most used vape-related item is my ultrasonic cleaner...money well spent(although I think it was pretty cheap).
I got the 2ltr version as it has a heater, well under US$100, I suspend any container with iso in the waterbath of the ultrasonic cleaner.

LesPlenty,

seedy53

The mouthpiece is zirconia and can be soaked in up to 100% iso for as long as you want.
Be careful when you disassemble/assemble as the parts are brittle like glass and will break if you force anything.
I find my most used vape-related item is my ultrasonic cleaner...money well spent(although I think it was pretty cheap).
I got the 2ltr version as it has a heater, well under US$100, I suspend any container with iso in the waterbath of the ultrasonic cleaner.
thank you, for just this hex unit, it too expensive for me. i'll just soak and agitate 1 piece at a time.
wonder if peek can be soaked too?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
thank you, for just this hex unit, it too expensive for me. i'll just soak and agitate 1 piece at a time.
wonder if peek can be soaked too?
I use the ultrasonic cleaner on bongs, glasses, jewelry, tools, just about anything it is very useful. PEEK can be soaked in iso also but for a max of 1/2 hour according to S&B.

seedy53

Typo on #3 *Screen is placed right on top*

So yeah, you can take a screen straight from the stash on your Hex battery cover and it will fit perfectly into this mouthpiece and the piece screws back on as if it’s not even there. I’m doing this to further help reduce resin build up from reaching the stem/mouth.

Also, it’s not much, but I managed to squeeze two 5mm boro balls in the base of the mouthpiece with the screen in there.
dang my friend, how long does it take to receive order from that china's Wish company? they provide no knowledge when i'll receive the mouthpiece.
i got my o-rings, today.
damn, they look too small. i ordered and got the right size O's and they will stretch, that you said to get. i guess without a mp beside me, i can't judge sizing but i do not know.

i'm i to remove the og o-rings on the new mp stem and put these on it's shaft?

seedy53,

Vapinski

dang my friend, how long does it take to receive order from that china's Wish company? they provide no knowledge when i'll receive the mouthpiece.
i got my o-rings, today.
damn, they look too small. i ordered and got the right size O's and they will stretch, that you said to get. i guess without a mp beside me, i can't judge sizing but i do not know.

i'm i to remove the og o-rings on the new mp stem and put these on it's shaft?
Yeah, Wish is a pretty slow website, such is the nature of china websites like it. I think the first time I ordered them it took about two weeks. I’ve since realized you live in the UK, but that was originally why I offered to send one.

The ID of the o-rings are a bit narrow so it does have to be stretched to fit, but unfortunately I am going through the learning curve of understanding o-ring sizes. Some of the ones that I bought have broken, whether it be from the stretching or heat or too much fiddling, I am unsure, but I located some on Amazon finally that are the same size needed and made from silicone with a heat resistance of 450 F so I’m hoping those will be better quality but it only comes in a variety pack, they should arrive tomorrow as well as a few other sizes I discovered that might work better. I will let you know my findings.

Yes, that is all you have to do. Take the stock rings off and put the new ones on with a little stretch effort and it goes right in.

Last edited:
Vapinski,
Top Bottom