Nectar Hex

seedy53

guys this is a nice machine. it looks like my battery i used not theirs but my 7 month old epoch p28b 40a con discharge rate has degraded.
it now test from 2800 mAh to just
2410 mAh. so that may explain poor battery performance and use time. i ordered new batteries
edit
i just call 18650batterystore and was told it was not the battery, he says my xtar vc4s is not accurate enough. he say that battery should last 3 to 7 years. i need to find out how much amp does the hex input/output needs max

Last edited:

seedy53

well
guys this is a nice machine. it looks like my battery i used not theirs but my 7 month old epoch p28b 40a con discharge rate has degraded.
it now test from 2800 mAh to just
2410 mAh. so that may explain poor battery performance and use time. i ordered new batteries
edit
i just call 18650batterystore and was told it was not the battery, he says my xtar vc4s is not accurate enough. he say that battery should last 3 to 7 years. i need to find out how much amp does the hex input/output needs max
still using the nectar hex and i need to do a 3 week 1st time heavy cleaning, a complete one. it looks like a very simple process. it still works well no clogging and that adjustable airpath is really nice. i must say this is a solid easy to use device i like the gold chamber and the size of it 2.5 to .3g. with my homemade silicone 3 inch nipple slipped over the MP their is not hot lips or hot vapor after a 6min or 2 sessions at 12 min at 400F. it can go up to 464f. can do concentrates very well if you keep the unit upright. i still have not received any additional information from their engineers. i just wrote this to keep us updated and this sub active. it can be purchased for usa and canada. you can get a 10% discount with the code HOLIDAY in check out.Nectar Hex Vaps-for us/ca.
They have A bubbler accessory

dampo

Thanks for opening this thread,
I have a V3pro ( very satisfied with it), and was thinking buying a Roffu, vas i guess....
Or maybe the Nectar hex, ( not sure if the Nectar is worth the €200 vs the Roffu €126 )

I'm using capsules which i can use in the Roffu as well i believe.
If you have calipers could you get me the depth and height of the oven?
Nectar sells capsules 7 for €25 which only last up to 10 times usage, i use 4-6 a day, €3.50 per aluminum capsule.
I paid €3 a piece for a V3pro ss capsule which lasts forever.

seedy53

Thanks for opening this thread,
I have a V3pro ( very satisfied with it), and was thinking buying a Roffu, vas i guess....
Or maybe the Nectar hex, ( not sure if the Nectar is worth the €200 vs the Roffu €126 )

I'm using capsules which i can use in the Roffu as well i believe.
If you have calipers could you get me the depth and height of the oven?
Nectar sells capsules 7 for €25 which only last up to 10 times usage, i use 4-6 a day, €3.50 per aluminum capsule.
I paid €3 a piece for a xmax pro ss capsule which lasts forever.
sorry no caliper you could write them and inquire, it takes them 24 to 48 hours to answer. you can get 10% off the unit too.
i have xmax v3pro caps they fit super loose diameter, the height is about right. so no they don't fit. don't have roffu caps.sorry

seedy53,

seedy53

I read somewhere the V3pro caps also fit Roffu, maybe someone can confirm?
EDIT:The caps are comparable
all i'm saying the fit super loose and rattle if you jiggle the unit. can't see how how conduction would work well.

seedy53,

dampo

all i'm saying the fit super loose and rattle if you jiggle the unit. can't see how how conduction would work well
Are you talking about the Roffu? because Pishorkata which i quoted, says they fit good.

dampo,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

still no response since i wrote them nov 9th.
so i will not continue to ask for more information. 4 emails are enough.

seedy53

I've ordered the Hex here in Europe.

Will be sharing my experiences after a few uses. Never had a session style vape before, I've had an MFLB and use the Dynavap mainly.
i doubt you will like it if you're a Magic Flight and a dyna lover. totally different animals. it will be totally different experience. you will need 2 or 3 weeks to feel comfortable with it, i fear.

i doubt you will like it if you're a Magic Flight and a dyna lover. totally different animals. it will be totally different experience. you will need 2 or 3 weeks to feel comfortable with it, i fear.
Hmm, interesting. Let me explain my reasoning.

The MFLB was great for discreet usage in college dorms, but it's a pretty old school device these days.
I'm not really a fanatic for the Dynavap, but I do like the on demand and no batteries aspect. Definitely produces great vapor quantity but I think I'm missing out on vapor quality. I also wanted something with a bigger bowl to have a longer session without repacking. Plus, using a Dynavap with a torch in public is pretty difficult without looking like you're smoking crack haha.

The other devices I considered were the AVLP, Mighty+, Crafty+, and Angus.
AVLP seemed a bit finicky with the door on the front, plus I just don't care for the design with the leather and stitching on the outside.
Mighty+/Crafty+ are great, I'm sure I would be happy with them but I read a few comments how folks said they thought the Hex had better vapor quality in direct comparison to the Mighty. I like to try new things so I'd rather not just go with the safe option if I could try something more innovative like the Hex.
Finally, the Angus seems really cool but reminds me more of the MFLB and I'd rather have something more hi-tech.

With the Hex, I'm hoping for super vapor quality and ease of use. And a change as well, I'm very happy with the Dynavap for it's strengths, but I'd love to have something that is quite the opposite in a few ways I mentioned.

seedy53

Hmm, interesting. Let me explain my reasoning.

The MFLB was great for discreet usage in college dorms, but it's a pretty old school device these days.
I'm not really a fanatic for the Dynavap, but I do like the on demand and no batteries aspect. Definitely produces great vapor quantity but I think I'm missing out on vapor quality. I also wanted something with a bigger bowl to have a longer session without repacking. Plus, using a Dynavap with a torch in public is pretty difficult without looking like you're smoking crack haha.

The other devices I considered were the AVLP, Mighty+, Crafty+, and Angus.
AVLP seemed a bit finicky with the door on the front, plus I just don't care for the design with the leather and stitching on the outside.
Mighty+/Crafty+ are great, I'm sure I would be happy with them but I read a few comments how folks said they thought the Hex had better vapor quality in direct comparison to the Mighty. I like to try new things so I'd rather not just go with the safe option if I could try something more innovative like the Hex.
Finally, the Angus seems really cool but reminds me more of the MFLB and I'd rather have something more hi-tech.

With the Hex, I'm hoping for super vapor quality and ease of use. And a change as well, I'm very happy with the Dynavap for it's strengths, but I'd love to have something that is quite the opposite in a few ways I mentioned.
the biggest shortfall of the hex is the mouthpiece gets too fucking hot at high temps. i suggest a piece silicone straw or 3 inch piece of a whip silicone hose. i have a black silicone whip hose and cut small piece of it and it looks and functions very well. if you do back to back sessions, you will need a mp hack and hold hex unit midway to bottom of the unit. have you read my small review here? and seen video reviews on the hex?
btw-this hot mp and top, is similar issue with the starry 4 mp. why they did not consider this in their design boggles the mind. lol

the biggest shortfall of the hex is the mouthpiece gets too fucking hot at high temps. i suggest a piece silicone straw or 3 inch piece of a whip silicone hose. i have a black silicone whip hose and cut small piece of it and it looks and functions very well. if you do back to back sessions, you will need a mp hack and hold hex unit midway to bottom of the unit. have you read my small review here? and seen video reviews on the hex?
btw-this hot mp and top, is similar issue with the starry 4 mp. why they did not consider this in their design boggles the mind. lol
Yeah, I've read all the reviews and watched all the videos. It's taking quite a while for it to arrive, so I've been poring over everything out there about it.

I'm only expecting to do one 6 min sesh at a time, so I'm not too worried about the mouthpiece temps. Good call on the modifications you did to fix it though.

seedy53

Yeah, I've read all the reviews and watched all the videos. It's taking quite a while for it to arrive, so I've been poring over everything out there about it.

I'm only expecting to do one 6 min sesh at a time, so I'm not too worried about the mouthpiece temps. Good call on the modifications you did to fix it though.
are you us or eu based?
btw 3/4 fill is best for bowl fill. full bowl tends to clog up the screen a little to much unless you pack it too much

i thought eu customs had delayed their hex shipment, stuck in customs, i guess they have released it,now?
I'm not sure. Where'd you get that information?

My shipment's tracking info currently does say "Item presented to import customs" so maybe it's correlated with what you've heard?

GarbMergers,

seedy53

I'm not sure. Where'd you get that information?

My shipment's tracking info currently does say "Item presented to import customs" so maybe it's correlated with what you've heard?
from nectar hex rep 2 weeks ago he said he said eu was effected for upto 3 weeks

seedy53,
from nectar hex rep 2 weeks ago he said he said eu was effected for upto 3 weeks
Jeez, I hope I won't be waiting much longer. It's already been a while, I placed my order last Monday on the Nectar website.

Their website states 3-5 working days shipping within the EU, so I didn't expect it to take this long.

GarbMergers,

seedy53

Jeez, I hope I won't be waiting much longer. It's already been a while, I placed my order last Monday on the Nectar website.

Their website states 3-5 working days shipping within the EU, so I didn't expect it to take this long.
i talked with the rep 11-2 so things should be good now, email them.

seedy53,
i talked with the rep 11-2 so things should be good now, email them.
Sounds good.

The tracking status has been updating pretty much every day, so I'm expecting it'll be delivered in the next couple days. I'll definitely contact them if not.

What made you consider buying the Hex in the first place? It's certainly getting a lot of hate from those who are fans of the bigger name vapes. I guess another reason I'm interested in the Hex is that I like an underdog story.

GarbMergers,
Top Bottom