Nectar Hex

kokolokokolokon

The 24ct Gold Chamber: Enhancing Sophistication and Performance​

Experience enhanced performance, flavor extraction, and extended battery life with the gold-plated chamber. Its elegant, durable design holds 0.3g of herbs, resisting corrosion, oxidation, and bacteria.

The Hybrid Heating System: A Fusion of Convection and Conduction​

The Hybrid Heating System combines convection and conduction for better flavor and consistent vapour. Enjoy precise temperature control (160-240°C) and rapid vapor production (20s to 200°C, 30s to 240°C) for a customizable vaping experience.

MagStick Multi Use Tool: Convenience at Your Fingertips​

The MagStick Multi Use Tool magnetically attaches to the base for easy accessibility and multitasking during use, providing convenience and swift manoeuvrability.

Dosing Capsule System: Effortless Loading and Versatility​

Nectar Dosing Capsules offer an easy-loading solution for herbs and extracts. These reusable, medical-grade aluminium capsules (0.25g) provide optimal flavor and versatility, allowing for strain switching and maintaining a clean chamber.

VapeSeal Mouthpiece: Airtight Seal for Optimal Vapour Preservation​

The VapeSeal Mouthpiece guarantees an airtight seal, preserving vapor for uninterrupted vaping sessions. Twist it inward while heating to seal the cooling unit and ensure optimal vapor preservation.

USB-C Fast Charging Port: Quick and Efficient Charging​

The USB-C Fast Charging Port provides rapid charging, allowing for quick and efficient power replenishment within 1 hour.

Adjustable Airflow: Fine-Tune Your Vaping Experience​

The Hex’s airflow slider enables customisation of the vaping experience. Adjust the airflow for intense, full-bodied sessions or smoother, flavour-focused experiences.

Session Timer: Balancing Efficiency, Enjoyment, and Control​

Manage sessions effectively with the Hex’s session timers. Choose between 3, 6, and 9-minute intervals to strike the perfect balance between efficiency, enjoyment, and control.

Easy Maintenance: Effortless Cleaning and Resin Trap​

The Hex features easy cleaning and a resin trap for hassle-free maintenance. The resin trap collects residue, allowing for quick and easy cleaning or replacement.

Haptic Feedback: Stay Informed with Soft Vibrations​

Enjoy gentle vibrations as notifications when the Hex reaches your desired temperature. Stay informed and enjoy a seamless vaping experience.

Screen Storage in the Battery Cover: Convenient On-the-Go Solution​

The Hex’s battery cover includes storage space for up to 5 spare filters, enhancing portability and convenience.

60+ mins of Battery Life/Charge: Uninterrupted Vaping Experience​

Powered by a Sony VTC6 battery, the Hex provides over 60 minutes of usage time for uninterrupted vaping sessions throughout the day.

Price: 169£ basic kit

I took the information from the oficial Nectar web.
Anyone can give some experiences with the device?

kokolokokolokon

@Razhumikin Relax :lol:The only common thing i see between the hex and the zeus devices is the gold in the chamber. The same with the ALP. The pax is like a gold improved pax

In their web they sell some kind of starry rebrand, a similar pax vape but with a ceramic chamber and this (about herb vapes). This looks more like an improved v3 pro but hybrid.

Im going to ask them about the heater

Razhumikin

@Razhumikin Relax :lol:The only common thing i see between the hex and the zeus devices is the gold in the chamber. The same with the ALP. The pax is like a gold improved pax

In their web they sell some kind of starry rebrand, a similar pax vape but with a ceramic chamber and this (about herb vapes). This looks more like an improved v3 pro but hybrid.

Im going to ask them about the heater
Not only the gold in the chamber, the black, squared design and even the font on the logo too lol. Theres no way its an improved v3 pro because this only does session, while the v3 pro does on demand. Looks more like a zeus arc.

kokolokokolokon

Not only the gold in the chamber, the black, squared design and even the font on the logo too lol. Theres no way its an improved v3 pro because this only does session, while the v3 pro does on demand. Looks more like a zeus arc.
The black…a common color :rolleyes:
Squared…the shape is not even close to the zeus.
And the font is not the same. Similar on the E because is made with 3 horizontal sticks, just that.

It doesn’t have on demand feature but looks more like some kind of v3pro with a hybrid heater. The zeus is a conduction vape.

Video from tabletop bongs:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
While I agree it does not look like the Zeus Arc really (and that gold is ridiculous marketing really) I also must say it looks almost nothing like the v3pro either lol it might have design elements similar to it and other xmax xvape products, but this one actually seems like a unique new design to me at least (even if it's not very appealing)

Petetbay

I believe this is a reformat of the Rush from Weecke and later rebadged as the Tronian Milatron, they changed the mp to a swivel type, coated the bowl with gold and went to a removable battery from integrated. They also have some kind of airflow control of the heater kind of Venty like. Same hybrid heating 240*C max temp, large bowl and almost doubled the price. It is also the best vape according to one review. :rofl:

Thread 'Rush by Weecke'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rush-by-weecke.51285/

If you watch this video set video speed to .75, she talks too fast for me gives me a headache. :bang:

Last edited:

seedy53

NECTAR HEX DHV part-1

oh man, this is a flower/concentrate, sipping beasty.

the one thing i have a problem with is, the zirconium mouthpiece gets a bit too hot at 410f and higher. esp in multi back to back sessions.

i have a fix for the hot mp issue. i use a 12mm od reusable, silicone straw, cut into 3 in pieces, and i slip-on a 3 in piece over the zirconium mp and i can turn this vap up to 464f without hot lips or vapor.

there will be 3rd party stems coming out for it once more north american vaporents buy them and popularity grows.

the numbers are a bit hard to read esp outside. the dose caps flower and concentrate cap/cup, works well enough but caps require a 30sec heat soak and a 20 degree increase in normal, preferred heat setting. even with flower directly in oven, it is recommend, and i agree, once your heat setting is achieved, give it at least a 20 sec heat soak.

i get big hits very little coughing with 3/4 open airflow. the constant heat stabilizer circuit maintains your heat setting, no matter how hard you draw on it.

the 24k gold oven really enhances taste of the the flower by using even 70% conduction along with the 30% convection that it uses. also, from a cold start, the Hex takes about 20 sec to reach 400f.

i got 5 or 6 --3 min sessions of a full bowl of a .25 to .3 gram load.
you can set 3 different session times-- 3 min, 6 min, 9 min.
you can flip your display upside down too.

at about 19 mins total use time at 400F, before i needed to consider changing the battery. could have got another 3 min session, if i wanted too. HEX is a usb-c charging. comes with usb-a to usb-c charging cable- no 110v wall plug-in.

1 amp charge input is recommended. that was disappointing

best to use external charging of batteries and it is the preferred method for all 18650 li-on.

the magnets holding the cooling head are premium and will not fall off unless you are very rough.

it has a magnetic stir/unload stick located in the bottom corner of the unit. it's a really handy tool. the screen in the cooling head they, call a gauze, is replaceable and they give you 3 extra screens that can be stored in the unit's battery door. handy.
i have not cleaned my Hex yet but looks easy to do. only 1 day of use.
Hex uses a all zirconium Resin Trap/cooler with a metal screen that is replaceable. Seems to preform great at lower end temps 360f to 390f.
You remove that resin trap section, when you use a concentrate cup. It hits pretty good after the 30-40sec heat soak, 464f is recommended for the thick stuff.

so far, this is a little tall, heavy, solid device, that uses hybrid heating oven, it's kind'a like the avlp unit. i think the taste and vapor quality are very similar to the avlp too..
btw- all aluminum case/body

that's all i got for now. part 2 in about a week or 2

Last edited:

Petetbay

there will be 3rd party stems coming out for it once more north american vaporents buy them and popularity grows.
That would be cool, all you really need is a 14mm glass wpa mp. I’m always surprised when new vapes are released without wpa option, I had looked at the Rush as nice hi-heat hash vape, but the mp scares you away and lack of wpa option, Starry always had options.

How was vaping lo-temps 330-365*F, that’s a pretty big bowl?

Petetbay,
Reactions: LesPlenty

seedy53

i don't have a caliper or a mm ruler.
with the way the convection cup is designed, you cannot turn the hex upside down. onto a bong.
only a whip system will work because the way the zirconium resin trap is made.
i wonder how a glass stem could be used, the more i look at it.
UK nectarmedicalvapes company would need a new cooling head design to make stems to work.

the only new accessories besides the current whip systems, 2 of them, is a NEW automatic herb grinder and 7 dose cap loader device, that lets you grind and load the caps, all in one step.-sounds cool
that device is being made and should be released in 2 or 3 months, i'm told.

nothing was said about a new cooling system and a resigned top hat/ mouthpiece cap, which i think would be needed, so glass stems can be used or a wpa for the hex to be used upside down on a bong. that's all i know and surmised about glass stem use.

low temp 360f is tasty but not much vapor but it's sweet and medicates you well

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

I also must say it looks almost nothing like the v3pro either lol
Yeah, i just call it like a v3 cause the form factor. But it has nothing more in common
I didn’t try to say it is a rebrand or a copy

1 amp charge input is recommended. that was disappointing
The official web says it has fast charging. The 1amp is just recommended or it just works at 1amp?

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Yeah, i just call it like a v3 cause the form factor. But it has nothing more in common
I didn’t try to say it is a rebrand or a copy

The official web says it has fast charging. The 1amp is just recommended or it just works at 1amp?
it is nothing like v3. but is a pen type unit.
it's 2x heavier and it is hex shaped.
the manual says 5v/1 amp charging only or it will damage i think
usb-a to c cable means not true usb-c fast charge or it would be rated for 2 amp, i thought.
i've looked at all the suggested models , don't see it as a clone.
i like it except for the few things i mentioned, so far.

Ssscrudddy

Well I did buy the Hex. I've tried to like it. I am perfectly happy that I'm getting all the stonery goodness out of it.

(So the only vape I've tried is an Air Max & it's perfect for my needs, & thats been about 3 months)

Bascially this Nectar Hex doesnt seem to produce much visible vapour. It even says so somewhere on it's website, & I saw a video review that also commented on this. Now I dont think I'm a cloud chaser, but I just couldnt help but be underwhelmed by the lack of visible vapour, which left me feeling like it wasnt working (which is wrong, cuz it was working, as I soon realised half way through my 3rd 6 minute session on it in succession cuz I didnt think it was working!). I've probably been comparing it unfairly to the Max.

It's taken me over a week to get finally get the hang of this Hex, which seems to be to run it at 20°C higher than the Max & then you get some visible vapour.

It's a nice vape, oozes quality, mostly metal, heavy, can get hot, screen is too dim for outside. Doesnt seem to produce much visible vapour, dont let that fool you, cuz it most definitely is producing the stonery bits that you want. Clears the (bigger) bowl quicker than the Max. Is more portable & discrete than the Max & about the same size. The airflow hole on the bottom of the Hex gets blocked if you stand it upright, so you have to tip it or hold if you wanna use it with the WPA.

I would get tiny bits of herb in my mouth even with the mesh screen in place on the Max, that doesnt happen with the Nectar Hex, so thats nicer.

A few days ago I hated it, but I've now got the hang of it, I dont mind that I got this Hex now instead of a 2nd Max (I'm also a glass half empty person).

Last edited:

seedy53

Well I did buy the Hex. I've tried to like it. I am perfectly happy that I'm getting all the stonery goodness out of it.

(So the only vape I've tried is an Air Max & it's perfect for my needs, & thats been about 3 months)

Bascially this Nectar Hex doesnt seem to produce much visible vapour. It even says so somewhere on it's website, & I saw a video review that also commented on this. Now I dont think I'm a cloud chaser, but I just couldnt help but be underwhelmed by the lack of visible vapour, which left me feeling like it wasnt working (which is wrong, cuz it was working, as I soon realised half way through my 3rd 6 minute session on it in succession cuz I didnt think it was working!). I've probably been comparing it unfairly to the Max.

It's taken me over a week to get finally get the hang of this Hex, which seems to be to run it at 20°C higher than the Max & then you get some visible vapour.

It's a nice vape, oozes quality, mostly metal, heavy, can get hot, screen is too dim for outside. Doesnt seem to produce much visible vapour, dont let that fool you, cuz it most definitely is producing the stonery bits that you want. Clears the (bigger) bowl quicker than the Max. Is more portable & discrete than the Max & about the same size. The airflow hole on the bottom of the Hex gets blocked if you stand it upright, so you have to tip it or hold if you wanna use it with the WPA.

I would get tiny bits of herb in my mouth even with the mesh screen in place on the Max, that doesnt happen with the Nectar Hex, so thats nicer.

A few days ago I hated it, but I've now got the hang of it, I dont mind that I got this Hex now instead of a 2nd Max (I'm also a glass half empty person).
what wpa? i only know of 2 whip attachments. 1 for whip to bong 14mm end and one vap to whip mouth end. don't see a wpa for hex to be used in a upside down position on a 14mm bong

seedy53,

Petetbay

i wonder how a glass stem could be used, the more i look at it.

nothing was said about a new cooling system and a resigned top hat/ mouthpiece cap, which i think would be needed, so glass stems can be used or a wpa for the hex to be used upside down on a bong. that's all i know and surmised about glass stem use.
If there’s a will there is a way. I was playing with Starry swivel mp/ceramic wpa fitting 8mm glass tube(from a Sneaky whip) and a ti dip straw. The 8mm glass fitted from the inside w/very thin silicone tubing to seal it in the wpa, one has a Arizer silicone whip mp because the glass gets very hot, one without.
With the swivel mp both the glass tube and the dip straw(8mm tube w/14mmjoint) slide into the grommet inside just like the regular mp tube and the glass tube works good and surprising cool though you could add the silicone whip mp. The dip wpa works, but not secure enough to stand the vape alone, so you need to hold it. It is secure enough to lift the magnetic mp off without pulling the tube out.
I did similar stuff with the Tera mp’s and the Simrell Mighty DV stem adapter works with the Tera as well. The Hex looks to have a pretty wide opening for the mp tube, if you had a Mighty/Crafty mp to try if it fits then the Simrell adapter might work. The Simrell adapter is ti and expensive, but there is SS one out that is really cheap. The adapter allows the use of DV glass stems.

Edit: well, I tried my Mighty mp tubes in the Starry 4 swivel mp, the stock one won’t fit, but the glass one held in w/silicone tubing does fit as well as the Fog Pro. Tried my Mighty/DV adapter and it fits in both, better in the Starry, so maybe got a use for the swivel mp after all. Still gets too dirty, too fast though. I had tried the adapter in the old Starry it didn’t work and butchered a Ace grommet trying to it fit it, but it didn’t work. Never thought it would work on the Starry 4. :doh:

Last edited:

seedy53

If there’s a will there is a way. I was playing with Starry swivel mp/ceramic wpa fitting 8mm glass tube(from a Sneaky whip) and a ti dip straw. The 8mm glass fitted from the inside w/very thin silicone tubing to seal it in the wpa, one has a Arizer silicone whip mp because the glass gets very hot, one without.
With the swivel mp both the glass tube and the dip straw(8mm tube w/14mmjoint) slide into the grommet inside just like the regular mp tube and the glass tube works good and surprising cool though you could add the silicone whip mp. The dip wpa works, but not secure enough to stand the vape alone, so you need to hold it. It is secure enough to lift the magnetic mp off without pulling the tube out.
I did similar stuff with the Tera mp’s and the Simrell Mighty DV stem adapter works with the Tera as well. The Hex looks to have a pretty wide opening for the mp tube, if you had a Mighty/Crafty mp to try if it fits then the Simrell adapter might work. The Simrell adapter is ti and expensive, but there is SS one out that is really cheap. The adapter allows the use of DV glass stems.

well Petetbay,
you inspired me to do a glass hack. i removed the swivel mouthpiece and tried to install a sneaky pete's, 6pc-3mm ruby, beaded-dimpled, 4" glass tube made for the avlp into the 1/4" round counter sunk hole left from hex mouthpiece and it fits perfectly.
however, the 4 inch glass tube is angled back about 30 degrees toward the center of hex's top the cooler head. i see a better workaround than the silicone straw, now. lol
6 min session at 400f the beaded and dimpled glass tube allowed a cooler vapor and allow me to take a much larger hit. my lips did not feel excessive heat. then i reduced heat to 385f with similar results.
the glass tube fits very tight and won't come off without twisting it. it's stable and it works really well, i am shocked at the differences. thanks for the inspiration. i think i will leave it on.

edit. 10-28-23 8:30 pm CDT USA
MY ERROR:
i thought i was set at 6 min but it was 3 min session so i had to repeat experiment-different results.
i am in error the ruby glass stem gets to hot at 400f and higher on 6 min session. works fine on 3 min session. so i consider this experiment a failure. going back to stock mouthpiece and the 3 inch silicone straw slip over the stock stem.

Last edited:

Ssscrudddy

I had it plugged in to a 2 amp source until I read that, the battery & unit got rather hot. It means dont plug it in to a source higher than 1 amp. It was just fine when plugged in to a 1 amp source. I will stick to using an external charger which charges the same battery at 2 amps without getting warm. It charges faster at 1 amp on the device, than it does at the same 1 amp on an external charger.
what wpa? i only know of 2 whip attachments. 1 for whip to bong 14mm end and one vap to whip mouth end. don't see a wpa for hex to be used in a upside down position on a 14mm bong
I saw the same ones as you, nothing to use it upside down, yet the screen can be flipped 180°. That part of my comment was about how the air flow will be blocked if you stand it upright (because the air intake hole is on the bottom of the whole unit)

seedy53

i have asked several questions about the concerns mentioned here hopefully their rep will respond.

Last edited:

seedy53

people in the us can buy this nectar hex if they want it. it's in stock.
i really like the unit.
the fast charging really isn't at 1 amp.
the Zirconium mouthpiece is too short and gets too hot- a silicone straw or whip, fixes that problem.
as of today, no 3rd part or factory cooling products are out yet.

still no response on questions and concerns, i sent nectar.
my email has been forwarded to their engineer dept.

nectar's company is having a nightmare situation.
amazon.uk stop selling their vaps because a customer returned his vap that was loaded with partially consumed mj. in the oven.
so they are dealing with this huge issue.
amazon.uk refused to return their nectar vap stock too, amazon.uk has a lot of their vaporizers. very serious.
i see a shitty court fight a coming

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I remember way back when I was beginning you could buy some vapes on Amazon, still surprised you could in the UK, sounds like an awful situation for them (just wow what an absolute dummy it must have been returning a device dirty with weed loaded in it omg lol)

seedy53

I remember way back when I was beginning you could buy some vapes on Amazon, still surprised you could in the UK, sounds like an awful situation for them (just wow what an absolute dummy it must have been returning a device dirty with weed loaded in it omg lol)
yeah, rec. mj is still illegal in uk.
only medical in uk but amazon.uk said it does not sell vaporizers for mmj consumption, period.
yet there are many other dh vap brands being sold on amazon.uk site. what hypocrites.

seedy53,
Reactions: XpeeN

seedy53

ANSWERS to the most important questions, i asked nectar Hex's company
nectarmedicalvapes.com

1. People are asking what kind of heater is being used for the gold oven.
- The heater is made from a predominantly copper based Flexible PCB. The heater is properly encased to ensure no contamination.

note: this is what i found out through research.

Flexible heaters are typically single layer flexible circuits that utilize copper or resistive alloys, such as Inconel and Cupro-nickel, to form conductive paths. As electrical current is driven through the higher resistance conductors, heat is generated. Conductor width and thickness are selected to provide the desired resistance value based on the supply voltage. Dielectric materials are selected based on operating temp and heater power density.

Inconel Alloy​

Inconel is an alloy containing nickel, chromium, manganese, and iron. It shares many of the same properties as nickel but offers superior resistance to oxidation and corrosion from acids or alkalis. Inconel is also highly resistant to cracking under stress or fatigue, making it ideal for use in aircraft engines or other applications where components must withstand extreme temperatures and conditions without breaking down. In addition, Inconel has superior heat-resistance capabilities, which make it useful in applications such as furnace liners or exhaust systems where materials have prolonged exposure to high temperatures.

Cupronickels​

Cupronickels are binary alloys of copper and nickel. Copper and nickel form a series of solid solutions. Accordingly these are single-phase alloys. Hence they are not susceptible to heat treatment. They can be hardened only by cold working. Commercial cupronickels generally contain up to 30% nickel. Cupronickels have high corrosion resistance together with resistance to corrosion fatigue. They also resist corrosive and erosive actions of rapidly moving seawater. The corrosion resistance of cupronickels increases with increasing nickel content. The electrical resistivity of these alloys also increases with increasing nickel concentration. Cupronickels are moderately hard also but tough and ductile. Cupronickels with 10 and 30% nickel are very commonly employed for condenser, distiller, evaporator, and heat exchanger tubes.

2. Could you provide a map and materials used in the total intake air path to through vapor path? images would be great.

We’ve spent a lot of time and resource into designing the chamber so we won’t be sharing any drawings with anyone to limit the chances of the device being copied.

- The vapour path is built from medical grade stainless steel 316.
The base material of the chamber is medical grade stainless steel 316 (plated with 24ct gold).

CHARGING
I've just noticed I hadn't answered your question with regards to the fast-charging capabilities!

1. What input max amp rating for the nectar hex? the max input of current does it require at max setting?
- 2A is the answer. It's protected against higher inputs so it wouldn't be an issue if more current went through it.

You can use a 5V-2A input.

PS. The user manual was a typo, so thanks for bringing that to our attention! It has already been updated :).

i hope this info helps us understand more about the HEX designs and it's company manufacture
I have ask for more info today.
observations, concerns, and more questions
hopefully more answers will be coming.
anybody have question or info please comment and i'll try to get it for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom