My Stash

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
That was actually way underpurged...all of those bubbles; tane.

But, it was close, a lot closer than most of what I see. I learned everything I learned, from practice, and a lot of homework over at TC. PM if you have any questions, I'm always open to sharing/teaching/comparing/learning. Wish I didn't live so damn far away from everyone!

Edit* @b00bs, tell me how/help me make my cloud green!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Are bubbles the easiest way to tell BHO purge quality?

Yes, in conjunction with the overall clarity/look of the oil. Bubbles themselves aren't guaranteed to contain butane, but the general consensus is that if there is a cloudiness, or a lack of clarity in a bubble, or the oil in general, it is butane. It is possible to have air, and or terpenoids stuck in bubbles, especially in strains with very lemony/skunky smells, or like a diesel strain. The reason being, the terps in the more lemony/diesely strains evap at a lower temp, so in the process of purging butane, you'll end up releasing terps. In an effort to preserve them, while eradicating all of the 'tane, you will end up losing some terps, and having some trapped in bubbles.

I always start with as little heat as possible when purging/razing with a torch. I try to have even heat from above and below, so that all of the oil is evenly heated. This helps let the butane get out. The oil is so viscous, that it needs to be heated for the butane to get out, but with some strains the temp needed to get it liquid enough, is higher than the evap point of many terps.

A good, if possible with the strain, will have no bubbles, high clarity/translucency, and usually will have a amber to light yellow color. The darker oils are indicative of certain strains, and/or high temps during purge.

These pics are from TokeCity...Oil that, IMO, is purged sufficiently.

file-89.jpg

file-87.jpg

Uploaded-12-10-06-6.jpg

ChemDawg91_zps7b7666c3.jpg

AC6521B0-B3B9-416C-B13B-CA3C298605E8-405-00000029EDCA27F9-1.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
RPChx.gif

Been fiending for oil since I got that half gram from my collective, but with these injuries I can't work and no work = no money :(

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: ilovebOObs
That was actually way underpurged...all of those bubbles; tane.

But, it was close, a lot closer than most of what I see. I learned everything I learned, from practice, and a lot of homework over at TC. PM if you have any questions, I'm always open to sharing/teaching/comparing/learning. Wish I didn't live so damn far away from everyone!

Edit* @b00bs, tell me how/help me make my cloud green!
Yea I figured it still had some room to purge. Here is some stuff that I made back when I was starting. I have since gotton way better at it. Unfortunately I don't have the meds anymore to do this(fucking cops)

0092afe5.jpg

Eventually the more you play with it in my experience it almost always turns to a wax.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Oh so here is the new party thread?

So this is a family pic :
pure hash extraction (the brown amber on the left)!
On top, a mixture 50/50 amnesia haze & hash!
Below, middle right, 100% super lemon haze extract!
The one below is a 50/50 amnesia haze & super lemon haze extract!

All of these extract have been vacuum purged x 5, no tane in those bubbles!
So as you can see the bubble explanation of PH is very precise and accurate! I would just like to add you also have to consider quantity (I mean any clear product will look darker if in a "thick layer") and time/way of storage :
I mean I do pretty good batches -approx. 3gr. average- and then keep them for long time obviously. So eventhough the 5x purge will very frecuently do this honeycombing to my errls (this is basically a slight oxidation through a lot of air bubbles) when I store that honeycomb after a few days of using it, at room temp it will come back to a stable amber errl BUT with tiny oxygen/terp. bubbles everywhere!

So hanging out at my bud (tender's) house last night, was looking at his nasty, never been cleaned tube. Not even the bowl. Of course, I have quite a collection of them, that won't ever be used, so I wrapped some up and ran 4 over to him.

Came home with this.

1g OG Bubble Hash ($25/g)
20121011_172002.jpg

Holy shit this looks just like my qwiso:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Oh so here is the new party thread?

So this is a family pic :
pure hash extraction (the brown amber on the left)!
On top, a mixture 50/50 amnesia haze & hash!
Below, middle right, 100% super lemon haze extract!
The one below is a 50/50 amnesia haze & super lemon haze extract!

All of these extract have been vacuum purged x 5, no tane in those bubbles!
So as you can see the bubble explanation of PH is very precise and accurate! I would just like to add you also have to consider quantity (I mean any clear product will look darker if in a "thick layer") and time/way of storage :
I mean I do pretty good batches -approx. 3gr. average- and then keep them for long time obviously. So eventhough the 5x purge will very frecuently do this honeycombing to my errls (this is basically a slight oxidation through a lot of air bubbles) when I store that honeycomb after a few days of using it, at room temp it will come back to a stable amber errl BUT with tiny oxygen/terp. bubbles everywhere!

Holy shit this looks just like my qwiso:

oil :)

And yes and no. This is still technically the stash thread. AFAIK flowers and their oily counterparts are welcome here, as long is it's part of your stash. We do still have spidermans oil extravaganza!

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: FLskwat

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
But, to get things back on track, for the regulars in this thread, here is a little bit of something that I was given by a good friend. I have no clue what strain this is...maybe between pics and my description, someone may know? They had no info on it, and were dumbfounded when I trimmed it to look like it does (I'm no trimmer hahaha but I think I did an okay job) They couldn't believe that they grew decent cannabis, without trying.

I has a distinct rhubarb smell, almost identical to that of Sour Diesel, but lacking something, or with something different. The first 3 pics were taken with my nikon, but all I had to take pics of with the nikon, was a small sample but. I got a couple iPhone pics of a larger bud, but lesser quality photos. Taste-wise, it doesn't make me think of sour diesel, or any recognizable strain. However, it is very tasty, and has a good sativa kick too it. I vaped a little at 9am in the cloud, and got a nice uplifting effect.

DSCN1024.jpg

DSCN1030.jpg

DSCN1031.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I don't know what it is, but it looks delicious. I would guess it was grown outdoors, but I have really no way of knowing.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I don't know what it is, but it looks delicious. I would guess it was grown outdoors, but I have really no way of knowing.

Yes, outdoors, in soil. According to my friend, nothing was done. Planted it, back in the very early spring, picked it, sometime in the past month, and yesterday we trimmed it. It was already mostly dried (not sure what happened between it being cut down, and yesterday, but it appeared to have been dried, or attempted to be) so we trimmed it, and started to do a little cure.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I hope that I'm not making it hard for anyone to load the pages in this (or other) thread(s). I know most everyone has decent bandwidth, and can load pics/pic intensive pages quickly, but I just wanna check. I've been flamed/warned on other forums for the size pics and amount of them that I post...I just can never decide which shots look better :lol: So, to all FC'ers/Mods, please let me know if I need to post less/smaller, etc. Thanks!

With that disclaimer out of the way...I was at a friends house this evening, and had the opportunity to trade a little bit of Chocolope, for a little bit of "Purple Haze" that she had grown. Emphasis on the little bit part. about .43 to be more specific. It was all she had.

DSCN1066.jpg

DSCN1053.jpg

DSCN1038.jpg

DSCN1048.jpg

DSCN1041.jpg

DSCN1052.jpg

DSCN1039.jpg

DSCN1061.jpg

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
That is some good photography there Purple Haze. lol fitting name for you to post that strain. What lens were you using?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
That is some good photography there Purple Haze. lol fitting name for you to post that strain. What lens were you using?

Thank you! And I laughed when she said Purple Haze, I had to grab it lol. My camera, the Nikon Coolpix L810 isn't a D-SLR, or a camera with interchangeable lenses...It's actually what would be considered a 'bridge camera' as it bridges the gap between a point-n-shoot, and a D-SLR. Technically, it is called a Prosumer camera. It has the same form factor as a D-SLR, but the lens is not removable, and this particular model, more than some bridge cameras, lacks some of the more in depth controls. It has a vast array of options via the menus, but lacks the buttons/button settings that many of the higher end ones have. Makes shooting in a variety of settings on the fly a little less easy, but as my first real nice camera, I'm not complaining! My last camera was a Kodak 10.1 megapixel point-n-shoot. Decent pics, but not what I wanted.

[Edit* @Anaconda. Not sure if you knew what a bridge camera was or not, but I figured anyone in this thread is potentially interested in photography, and info helps everyone! I learned this way, so I figured I'd throw a little info/urls with explanations in here, for you and/or anyone else.]

1-Hero.jpg

\/ A couple reviews of my camera \/
Cnet Photography Blog

I still want something where I can focus via the lens itself, or some means of manual focus, VS the auto focus I'm stuck with now. Still, it's good enough for me.

Most of the pics you see, the ones that are really up close, I have the bud sitting directly in front of the lens, as close as possible without touching. (accidentally touched a hair and a trich a couple times) Zoomed in as far as the optical zoom will allow while still focusing in the macro mode. I usually use a handheld LED bar, or place it above/beside at different angles, changing it up between shots. My camera sits on a tripod.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Nice camera, for someone that just wants to take badass photos without breaking the bank. :tup:

It really, really is! I would recommend it(this or another bridge camera) or the newly introduced (since I bought this) point n shoot's with swappable lenses)) to anyone who is unsure about there future with photography, but wants an upgrade from a point n shoot. Or someone like myself, who happened to get a deal on it, and had to get it lol. I really really wanted a D-SLR, but it was out of budget for anything I really wanted. This came along, and the deal was right. It is just good enough to keep me from really aching for something better, like my last camera had me all the time.

BTW, I know this reduces my chances, but whatever. Contest for a camera, that they are valuing at nearly $3,000. It's a new Canon EOS 6D, 20.2 MegaPixel full-framed camera. Hasn't been released yet. The prize packages is a 24-105mm f/4 kit. Link You just have to like their page on facebook--pictureline inc.

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
thanks for the write-up, it helped me learn of the prosumer series. The camera does a great job on the macro settings and producing that quality of photos without breaking a budget. I would definitely walk into a store like best buy to play with it. I am still very tempted by purchasing a d-slr but this seems like a great opportunity give my while my wallet takes a break in the mean time.

Quetzalcoatl

Sooo... I went in.. or rather, made it halfway in when I was approached by a guy... the place moved again! But now it's permanently where it is now, so thankfully no more moving around. Phone's dead but I ended up getting two edibles, a free gram of shake, gram of bubble hash, and a gram of "Agent Orange" for $45. I actually waited around 5 minutes before they let me in, which is odd of that particular collective. I started musing about how the guy in there better walk out with a few ounces or something, because he was taking his sweet time. One older black guy walks out, a minute later back in through the front door, "hey it's me" and into the back... I'm like WTF MAN WHEN AM I UP??? And sure enough a minute later the door creeks open, a head pokes out real slow like... "hey man come on back... sorry about the wait, we have these nice folks here right now"

"These nice folks" were none other than the people making Canna Licious Baking edibles! I was like" oh yeah no problem man it hap-whoa no way, are you the ones that make this stuff?!" Sure enough it was confirmed by the two budtenders and the couple. The lady was kind enough to slip me a freebie! "Here honey, I'm sorry you had to wait on us... plus you could use a little meat on your bones, haha." Funny coming from a lady almost as round as she was tall (and she wasn't too tall, lemme tell you...) but the gesture was appreciated, and even more when I realized she gave me one of the 51-50 Rice treats which says it's 6 doses. Aw yeah... Think I'll try my hand at a review of this edible, have some tonight and post a vid tomorrow.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Sooo... I went in.. or rather, made it halfway in when I was approached by a guy... the place moved again! But now it's permanently where it is now, so thankfully no more moving around. Phone's dead but I ended up getting two edibles, a free gram of shake, gram of bubble hash, and a gram of "Agent Orange" for $45. I actually waited around 5 minutes before they let me in, which is odd of that particular collective. I started musing about how the guy in there better walk out with a few ounces or something, because he was taking his sweet time. One older black guy walks out, a minute later back in through the front door, "hey it's me" and into the back... I'm like WTF MAN WHEN AM I UP??? And sure enough a minute later the door creeks open, a head pokes out real slow like... "hey man come on back... sorry about the wait, we have these nice folks here right now"

"These nice folks" were none other than the people making Canna Licious Baking edibles! I was like" oh yeah no problem man it hap-whoa no way, are you the ones that make this stuff?!" Sure enough it was confirmed by the two budtenders and the couple. The lady was kind enough to slip me a freebie! "Here honey, I'm sorry you had to wait on us... plus you could use a little meat on your bones, haha." Funny coming from a lady almost as round as she was tall (and she wasn't too tall, lemme tell you...) but the gesture was appreciated, and even more when I realized she gave me one of the 51-50 Rice treats which says it's 6 doses. Aw yeah... Think I'll try my hand at a review of this edible, have some tonight and post a vid tomorrow.

Sounds like quite an adventure! :D I'm anxious to see/here the review!

Purpl3_Haz3,

Quetzalcoatl

Alright, so I ate half of that edible... and an hour later I was getting really stoned. I actually got so high I decided to eat the other half and a bite out of the brownie. Shortly after, I was so out of it I couldn't really figure out how to get out of my chair.

6 doses... they weren't fucking kidding. I woke up still stoned.

The taste was actually really good. It was nice and chewy, sweet and filling, and only very slightly tasted of hash. It was actually kinda hard to put it down and not eat the whole thing at once :ko: Started feeling effects about 1 hour in, 2 hours later ate the other half and the bite of brownie. Started around 7.35pm, woke up at 11am today still baked. It took less vape hits to get higher, which worked out perfectly because I ended up waking up with a headache and nausea. Wonder if I was just really lucky that I ate it when I did and it helped lessen it?

In any case, the edible is $10 normally, but this was the free one. I ate the brownie earlier, and I'm feeling fantastic. I haven't taken any Vicodin today thanks to the edibles and trenches of weed/bubble hash. I was even able to go out to eat and watch a movie! I did take a small amount of promethazine though just in case, I didn't want to be too medicated out in public with big groups. I'm definitely a fan of these guys (Canna Licious Bakeries) the freebie was a nice gift that she didn't have to give me.

The flower is some stuff called "Agent Orange" that smells like orange peels and fresh cotton sheets. It's crazy. It's light and familiar but at the same time hits the nose with an "old house" smell. Definitely uplifting sativa, it's fantastic paired with that bubble hash.

uQ3A9.jpg

3aSwi.jpg

moBEm.jpg

ixQ5l.jpg

OgPGK.jpg

L6Igj.jpg

mJoeA.jpg

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Alright, so I ate half of that edible... and an hour later I was getting really stoned. I actually got so high I decided to eat the other half and a bite out of the brownie. Shortly after, I was so out of it I couldn't really figure out how to get out of my chair.

6 doses... they weren't fucking kidding. I woke up still stoned.

The taste was actually really good. It was nice and chewy, sweet and filling, and only very slightly tasted of hash. It was actually kinda hard to put it down and not eat the whole thing at once :ko: Started feeling effects about 1 hour in, 2 hours later ate the other half and the bite of brownie. Started around 7.35pm, woke up at 11am today still baked. It took less vape hits to get higher, which worked out perfectly because I ended up waking up with a headache and nausea. Wonder if I was just really lucky that I ate it when I did and it helped lessen it?

In any case, the edible is $10 normally, but this was the free one. I ate the brownie earlier, and I'm feeling fantastic. I haven't taken any Vicodin today thanks to the edibles and trenches of weed/bubble hash. I was even able to go out to eat and watch a movie! I did take a small amount of promethazine though just in case, I didn't want to be too medicated out in public with big groups. I'm definitely a fan of these guys (Canna Licious Bakeries) the freebie was a nice gift that she didn't have to give me.

The flower is some stuff called "Agent Orange" that smells like orange peels and fresh cotton sheets. It's crazy. It's light and familiar but at the same time hits the nose with an "old house" smell. Definitely uplifting sativa, it's fantastic paired with that bubble hash.

uQ3A9.jpg

3aSwi.jpg

moBEm.jpg

ixQ5l.jpg

OgPGK.jpg

L6Igj.jpg

mJoeA.jpg

Sounds like that was all well worth the wait! Tasty looking, everything, especially that edible!

Top Bottom