My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

illmatik

So I gave Holy Terps my first try today, and unfortunately I'm not very pleased.

I must be used to CC The Solution, which I've been using for the past 4-5 months or so. But I can taste the plastic-like, burning taste of the PG/PEG that I used to get with Puff Majic with the Holy Terps. It puts a nasty feel in the back of my throat and almost makes me feel a little sick now.

I did a 2:1 mixture and I'm using a Kanger Pro Tank Mini 2. I really didn't like the taste of the burning PEG + the flavors from the Holy Terp Philosopher, so I added a little bit of LorAnns Cotton Candy Flavor. This helped a little bit, but the nasty underlying burning taste still ruins the whole thing for me.

I must need to experiment more. Like I said, I didn't know PG/PEG based mixes could taste good and not have that burnt taste till I tried the Alpine juice. That stuff is delicious, and I would have never guessed it was PG/PEG until I read their website. Back to the drawing board I guess.

randomtoker

Interesting! Thanks for posting. I've been curious to hear a HT review from someone who's familiar with CC.

Odd that you taste the burnt peg flavor. I can taste that in flavorless VE, but not in HT (especially not in Philosopher, I just get pine overload with that one myself).

Was your cart or atomizer fresh, did the wick burn? Bummer it didn't work out for you.

Try it on it's own, you might not mind it. If you have any flavorless mix (like EJ, or puff majic, or vapeur extract), dilute the philosopher with some of that? Or, if you have some limonene, add like 1-2%? Lemme know how it works out for you.

A lot of people have good luck with the K1. I haven't tried it but I used a Mini Protank3 for a while, wanted to try it since it's dual coil. I keep it for an overflow (leftovers) tank. I started using bigger tanks with sub ohm coils and I prefer that route now.

Actually, I'm wondering if we should start a new thread specifically for "advanced" sub ohm THC juice vaping. Somewhere to share DIY juice recipes with people who use pg/vg, review larger tanks and mods and sub ohm, and most importantly builds and resistance / wattage / voltage specs specifically for what works best for THC juice (different from the advanced one hitter thread). This thread appears to mostly catch people starting out, or intentionally remaining with dispo/pen gear, or looking for alternatives to liquefying their concentrate into (other than e-juice), or looking to dissolve their concentrate in as little as possible. However, it seems like there is a growing number of people interested in thc juice vaping (pg/vg) in advanced gear. Since switching to larger sub ohm tanks myself, I already want to start learning builds and I don't want to confuse the conversation here by talking about that. What do people think? Should I start a new thread (advanced THC juice & sub ohm gear)?

Also liking the idea. My mixture of 0mg nic eliquid and peg has been working great, but I have some limonene on the way and am ready to experiment further. It would be nice for more discussion on recipes and such.

Edit: @zor I have been sub ohming and this burnt taste will still be there. However, my Kbox has temperature control (TC) as well as normal wattage vaping. In TC mode I set it at the highest temperature (600°F) and the flavor is always great (I'm assuming that's why nicotine vapers came up with this new technology).
Another edit: If you want to get a sub ohm vape look at the Evic VTC Mini (around $50 for the starter kit and you have to buy the 18650 battery separately, but it'll get you started). While I like my Kbox the Evic mini gets better reviews overall, one reason being that the firmware can be upgraded by the user via a computer. Temperature controlled devices like these are the way this market is going, they used to run for $200-300 and are now in the $50 range. Just google it some and you'll understand.

Last edited:

harmless healing

Having some trouble achieving a full dissolve in the o juice with wax

What's the longest recommended to microwave for. It seems to be helping a lot but I don't want to overdo it

Cheers

harmless healing,
Reactions: OttoMan

OttoMan

Having some trouble achieving a full dissolve in the o juice with wax

What's the longest recommended to microwave for. It seems to be helping a lot but I don't want to overdo it

Cheers

Why not try a hot water bath as an alternative, you can apply heat for a longer duration without worrying about overcooking, aim to keep your water temps below 140!

j-bug

For people looking at getting the Joyetech Evic VTC mini for subOhm vaping there's a two battery version, the Joyetech Cuboid, that goes up to 200W with the new firmware that for our purposes will likely just have longer battery life. The reason I mention it is because you can currently find it for about $35 on VapeNW's site whereas the lowest price from reputable dealers for the mini is around $35. The main drawback is it's a little bulkier than the mini but for me looking at pictures of it next to the mini it's not so much bigger that it didn't seem like a better idea with the pros and cons of it.
Altogether, with batteries it'll come out to be slightly more than the mini and it requires the use of a married pair of 18650s, the usage of which has been covered a bit in the "battery safety thread" that I believe is stickied in the Vape Related Equipment section. Personally I'm a huge fan of not having to swap batteries and really like longer battery life so this just makes more sense to me. Also, I've found myself sometimes consuming more cannabis than I meant to as I just enjoy vaping so much so for me this is also a setup so I can vape 0nic e-juice and get that satisfaction without getting more medicated than I need to be. Plus, I figure it provides plausible deniability for my THC E-juice if I have regular 0-Nic e-juice on me as well.

Sorry about the formatting and not linking or the mentioned thread. I'm on mobile right now. Anyway hope this is helpful. Also we should probably have our more hardware focused discussions over in the hardware thread now that we have one. Idk something to think about.

As far a THC e-juice goes is there a general consensus between which mixer is best? Or is mixing your own blend of VG and PG preferable?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
For people looking at getting the Joyetech Evic VTC mini for subOhm vaping there's a two battery version, the Joyetech Cuboid, that goes up to 200W with the new firmware that for our purposes will likely just have longer battery life..............

..............Sorry about the formatting and not linking or the mentioned thread. I'm on mobile right now. Anyway hope this is helpful. Also we should probably have our more hardware focused discussions over in the hardware thread now that we have one. Idk something to think about.

As far a THC e-juice goes is there a general consensus between which mixer is best? Or is mixing your own blend of VG and PG preferable?

http://vapenw.com/cuboid-150w-tc-mod-by-joyetech

Seems like a good deal to me, even though I'd just get the mini myself :)

Copacetic,
Reactions: j-bug

caro-line

Today I bought Mini Protank 3. Looks cool! What settings would you recommend to run this atty properly?

BTW. My brother, who is nic vapehead, advised me to keep the bottle with new-made liqweed on a home cheater. All night. He says it may help to dissolve. But I'm not sure if that would work with THC liquid. It won't hurt my e-liquid, will it?

florduh

Today I bought Mini Protank 3. Looks cool! What settings would you recommend to run this atty properly?

BTW. My brother, who is nic vapehead, advised me to keep the bottle with new-made liqweed on a home cheater. All night. He says it may help to dissolve. But I'm not sure if that would work with THC liquid. It won't hurt my e-liquid, will it?

My opinion... use heat to get the concentrate dissolved only once, then store at room temperature. With all of the thinning agents I've used, once dissolved I've seen no separation even after months of storage. Keeping your already made juice on a heater will slowly degrade the cannabinoids.

randomtoker

I used mine on a simple ego-twist pen style battery on lowest temp 3.3v but I'm not sure how that translates to other gear.

randomtoker,

harmless healing

So I decided to microwave my 1gram wax to 1ml o-juice for 15 seconds. Has defiantly dissolved the concentrate and there wasn't too much smell coming off the mix so I don't think I lost too much from the heat. Not going to get the chance to sample until my trip. Just hope there are still enough cannabiniods left in there for a good time

I do feel heat is necessary. Although the guys at open vape say not to as it will "yield to no potency". Nonsense

Cheers guys

harmless healing,
Reactions: NorVape
For people looking at getting the Joyetech Evic VTC mini for subOhm vaping there's a two battery version, the Joyetech Cuboid, that goes up to 200W with the new firmware that for our purposes will likely just have longer battery life. The reason I mention it is because you can currently find it for about $35 on VapeNW's site whereas the lowest price from reputable dealers for the mini is around $35. The main drawback is it's a little bulkier than the mini but for me looking at pictures of it next to the mini it's not so much bigger that it didn't seem like a better idea with the pros and cons of it.
Altogether, with batteries it'll come out to be slightly more than the mini and it requires the use of a married pair of 18650s, the usage of which has been covered a bit in the "battery safety thread" that I believe is stickied in the Vape Related Equipment section. Personally I'm a huge fan of not having to swap batteries and really like longer battery life so this just makes more sense to me. Also, I've found myself sometimes consuming more cannabis than I meant to as I just enjoy vaping so much so for me this is also a setup so I can vape 0nic e-juice and get that satisfaction without getting more medicated than I need to be. Plus, I figure it provides plausible deniability for my THC E-juice if I have regular 0-Nic e-juice on me as well.

Sorry about the formatting and not linking or the mentioned thread. I'm on mobile right now. Anyway hope this is helpful. Also we should probably have our more hardware focused discussions over in the hardware thread now that we have one. Idk something to think about.

Didn't realize this. I am looking at getting a bigger 2 battery mod next time around but I have two 2500 mah batteries and one 3000 mah battery. Never had battery problems, I charge it when I can but I could definitely go a day (maybe 2) on one battery. I used about 8 grams of concentrate in a total of 30ml of liquid (that's including the melted shatter) so I just puff on my Kbox for a bit and I'm feeling good. I find the amount of puffs I'm taking to be similar to smoking a joint/blunt before decent effects are felt (personally I like this). Sometimes I get my shatter pen out if I don't have time to sit around and rip my sub ohm tank.

joeblowssmoke,

Budwiser

Does anybody know the best vegetable glycerin or are they all the same quality? I'm thinking of mixing that with my Holy Terp to make it taste better. Holy Terp I feel put too much PEG 400 and PG I get that harsh irritation and was hoping I can fix that by adding more Vegetable Glycerin to it.

Budwiser,

Happy Jack

So I gave Holy Terps my first try today, and unfortunately I'm not very pleased.

I must be used to CC The Solution, which I've been using for the past 4-5 months or so. But I can taste the plastic-like, burning taste of the PG/PEG that I used to get with Puff Majic with the Holy Terps. It puts a nasty feel in the back of my throat and almost makes me feel a little sick now.

I did a 2:1 mixture and I'm using a Kanger Pro Tank Mini 2. I really didn't like the taste of the burning PEG + the flavors from the Holy Terp Philosopher, so I added a little bit of LorAnns Cotton Candy Flavor. This helped a little bit, but the nasty underlying burning taste still ruins the whole thing for me.

I must need to experiment more. Like I said, I didn't know PG/PEG based mixes could taste good and not have that burnt taste till I tried the Alpine juice. That stuff is delicious, and I would have never guessed it was PG/PEG until I read their website. Back to the drawing board I guess.
I did a 1:1 mix using HT Philosopher and never experienced any burning taste. On the contrary ..... I thought it tasted pretty good and have had similar responses from numerous folks that tried it. I do agree though that it could be improved by a bit of a flavor add back.

illmatik

Interesting! Thanks for posting. I've been curious to hear a HT review from someone who's familiar with CC.

Odd that you taste the burnt peg flavor. I can taste that in flavorless VE, but not in HT (especially not in Philosopher, I just get pine overload with that one myself).

Was your cart or atomizer fresh, did the wick burn? Bummer it didn't work out for you.

Just wanted to update on my experience with Holy Terp.

I am using a fresh atomizer. I seem to getting some inconsistency - meaning I get some awesome, smooth tasting rips initially, which then start to get more and more harsh as I use it. This was the same problem I used to get with a thick Puff Majic mixture and a Bud Touch type of cartridge, the wick wouldn't saturate fast enough and you get those really nasty rips.

A little confused because I thought a thin 2:1 mixture and a tank-style vape would avoid this problem.

But I do have reason to be happy as those first few rips do taste very good. Not sure if I'm a fan of the piney-like flavors of the Philospher, but it's not as in-your-face as the CC flavor.

Happy Jack

Just wanted to update on my experience with Holy Terp.

I am using a fresh atomizer. I seem to getting some inconsistency - meaning I get some awesome, smooth tasting rips initially, which then start to get more and more harsh as I use it. This was the same problem I used to get with a thick Puff Majic mixture and a Bud Touch type of cartridge, the wick wouldn't saturate fast enough and you get those really nasty rips.

A little confused because I thought a thin 2:1 mixture and a tank-style vape would avoid this problem.

But I do have reason to be happy as those first few rips do taste very good. Not sure if I'm a fan of the piney-like flavors of the Philospher, but it's not as in-your-face as the CC flavor.
I never get good results from the Bud Touch carts unless I let them sit for several days after filling before using them. For our application we won't let them go until they've been sitting for at least a week. I bet that solves your problem.

trichome_renaissance

My initial trial with Holy Terp Peacemaker has been that....

I heated water to 150F and did a water bath to dissolve my mix. I assume the mix only reached 135F-140F in the time it was water bathing though.

2:1 ratio (1ml of HT to 0.5g concentrate) yielded a thicker oil that didn't taste as good but was potent
3:1 ratio (1.5ml of HT to 0.5g concentrate) thinner oil, better flavor, and (as expected) less potent
4:1 ratio (2ml of HT to 0.5g concentrate) thinnest oil, best flavor, and least potent

FYI: I have found that 0.5g of concentrate adds roughly 1/4ml to the volume to the mix. So the ratios above resulted in total mix volumes of 1.25ml, 1.75ml, and 2.25ml respectively. After initial samples, I think I'm going to target a 2.5:1 ratio so I'll add 1.25ml of HT to 0.5g concentrate and yield 1.5ml of mix

I'm fairly new to vaping oil so I might not be the best judge, but I get nice, albeit subtle flavor using a lux vape 3rd generation wickless cartridge powered anywhere from 3.2v - 3.6v and taking short to medium length tokes. After maybe 15-20 tokes of the 3:1 ratio I sometimes start to develop a faint tickle in the back of the throat.

I've experimented by adding terpenes from Extract Consultants to the mixtures above as well. I found that adding 1-3 drops (1-3%) per half gram of concentrate ranged from slight boost, to strong boost, to fairly artificial boost of flavor.

I've played around with linalool, d-limonene, and myrcene so far. I think linalool is the most remniscent of the actual terpene profile found in the Holy Terps Peacemaker. A 1:1 ratio of linalool to d-limonene added to boost the HT Peacemaker has been my favorite thus far.

While vaping some 3:1 ratio with 3% additional terps (50%/50% mix of linalool and d-limonene) I've had friends comment that the vapor I exhaled smelled like chronic. So the terpene boost is definitely at the cost of losing some stealth factor :)

Last edited:

randomtoker

I heated water to 150F and did a water bath to dissolve my mix. I assume the mix only reached 135F-140F in the time it was water bathing though.

2:1 ratio (1ml of HT to 0.5g concentrate) yielded a thicker oil that didn't taste as good but was potent
3:1 ratio (1.5ml of HT to 0.5g concentrate) thinner oil, better flavor, and (as expected) less potent
4:1 ratio (2ml of HT to 0.5g concentrate) thinnest oil, best flavor, and least potent

FYI: I have found that 0.5g of concentrate adds roughly 1/4ml to the volume to the mix. So the ratios above resulted in total mix volumes of 1.25ml, 1.75ml, and 2.25ml respectively. After initial samples, I think I'm going to target a 2.5:1 ratio so I'll add 1.25ml of HT to 0.5g concentrate and yield 1.5ml of mix

I'm fairly new to vaping oil so I might not be the best judge, but I get nice, albeit subtle flavor using a lux vape 3rd generation wickless cartridge powered anywhere from 3.2v - 3.6v and taking short to medium length tokes. After maybe 15-20 tokes of the 3:1 ratio I sometimes start to develop a faint tickle in the back of the throat.

I've experimented by adding terpenes from Extract Consultants to the mixtures above as well. I found that adding 1-3 drops (1-3%) per half gram of concentrate ranged from slight boost, to strong boost, to fairly artificial boost of flavor.

I've played around with linalool, d-limonene, and myrcene so far. I think linalool is the most remniscent of the actual terpene profile found in the Holy Terps Peacemaker. A 1:1 ratio of linalool to d-limonene added to boost the HT Peacemaker has been my favorite thus far.

While vaping some 3:1 ratio with 3% additional terps (50%/50% mix of linalool and d-limonene) I've had friends comment that the vapor I exhaled smelled like chronic. So the terpene boost is definitely at the cost of losing some stealth factor :)
Very cool! Sounds like a great mix. Very logical breakdown, lots of good info there. Thanks!

randomtoker,

Happy Jack

Might be overdoing it on the EC Terp add back rate. (50) drops/gram actually means you are at a 4% rate with one drop of Terp blend.. and move up by 4% with each and every drop.

Happy Jack,

trichome_renaissance

Might be overdoing it on the EC Terp add back rate. (50) drops/gram actually means you are at a 4% rate with one drop of Terp blend.. and move up by 4% with each and every drop.

Good catch! My previous math (1% add back per drop) is definitely off. Upon recalculating though, I'm coming up with a 2% add back per drop rather than the 4% you suggest. Tell me if this is the correct way to calculate add back rates...

Holy Terps claims 32 drops of Holy Terps weighs 1 gram. So a 2:1 ratio of HT to concentrate means 0.5g of concentrate itself is the equivalent of 16 drops by weight. So we are talking 48 drops in total (which again is close to the 50 drops you suggested). Wouldn't that mean that a 10% add back rate to 48 drops = 4.8 drops and a 1% add back rate to 48 drops = 0.48 drops then?

If so, then.......

1 drop = 2.08% add back rate
2 drops = 4.16% add back rate
3 drops = 6.24% add back rate

This math is also inline with my sensory analysis which found 2 drops (4.16% add back rate + the terps already in the HT blend to begin with) to be strong and 3 drops (6.24% add back rate + the terps already in the HT blend to begin with) to taste artificial.

Last edited:
trichome_renaissance,
Reactions: NorVape

Happy Jack

Good catch! My previous math (1% add back per drop) is definitely off. Upon recalculating though, I'm coming up with a 2% add back per drop rather than the 4% you suggest. Tell me if this is the correct way to calculate add back rates...

Holy Terps claims 32 drops of Holy Terps weighs 1 gram. So a 2:1 ratio of HT to concentrate means 0.5g of concentrate itself is the equivalent of 16 drops by weight. So we are talking 48 drops in total (which again is close to the 50 drops you suggested). Wouldn't that mean that a 10% add back rate to 48 drops = 4.8 drops and a 1% add back rate to 48 drops = 0.48 drops then?

If so, then.......

1 drop = 2.08% add back rate
2 drops = 4.16% add back rate
3 drops = 6.24% add back rate

This math is also inline with my sensory analysis which found 2 drops (4.16% add back rate + the terps already in the HT blend to begin with) to be strong and 3 drops (6.24% add back rate + the terps already in the HT blend to begin with) to taste artificial.
Based on EC's flavorings there are .02 ml per drop which is 50 drops per gram. That is what I came up with as well when weighing out a gram of their liquid.... 50 drops= 1 gram. That was their fruit flavorings though ............ I'm guessing their Terp blands are the same. If you have a scale try weighing out a gram.

Happy Jack,

Budwiser

How volatile are tarpenes? I ask because I'm afraid that I might have destroyed all the terps in the Holy Terp's "philosopher" mixer when I microwaved it to blend with my extract.

Also what is the most high anyone got while toking with their pen (w or w/o mod)? Is it possible to make infused e-juice and have the right pen settings to make one hit as powerful if not more powerful than a one hit .5 gram dab?

Last edited:
Budwiser,

trichome_renaissance

How volatile are tarpenes? I ask because I'm afraid that I might have destroyed all the terps in the Holy Terp's "philosopher" mixer when I microwaved it to blend with my extract.

Also what is the most high anyone got while toking with their pen (w or w/o mod)? Is it possible to make infused e-juice and have the right pen settings to make one hit as powerful if not more powerful than a one hit .5 gram dab?

terpenes are quite volatile although I have no experience microwaving them. FWIW I believe most flash off at temps around 240F and above. As for the pen question, no I doubt that is possible. Say a pen holds 1ml of juice. That can easily be 200+ hits. For one hit to equal 0.5g of concentrate, you'd need 100 grams of concentrate in that 1ml. That would be quite an expensive 1ml of juice. I usually have 0.5g of concentrate (in total) in my 1ml of juice. So each hit is closer to 0.0025g of concentrate. 5-10 hits gets me a pleasant buzz, but doesn't put me in dab country.

trichome_renaissance,
Reactions: randomtoker

Budwiser

terpenes are quite volatile although I have no experience microwaving them. FWIW I believe most flash off at temps around 240F and above. As for the pen question, no I doubt that is possible. Say a pen holds 1ml of juice. That can easily be 200+ hits. For one hit to equal 0.5g of concentrate, you'd need 100 grams of concentrate in that 1ml. That would be quite an expensive 1ml of juice. I usually have 0.5g of concentrate (in total) in my 1ml of juice. So each hit is closer to 0.0025g of concentrate. 5-10 hits gets me a pleasant buzz, but doesn't put me in dab country.

I'm thinking of buying two of kangertech newest pen/ w mod "nebox" with a setting of two 0.2 ohm coils, loading them (can hold a max of 10ml each) my most powerful infused ejuice I can make (easily has 15 grams in 1ml and yes it was not cheap lol) and take two hits simultaneously (which will count as one hit because both are in my mouth) at a time so that I can hopefully reduce that 200+ hits = 1 0.5g dab hit to say around 50 hits = 1 0.5g. What do you think trichome_renaissance? Not a bad idea?

Budwiser,
Top Bottom