1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Mothership Glass

Discussion in 'Glass' started by charliedontsurf, Apr 11, 2013.

1. charliedontsurf

charliedontsurf Glassblower

A guy at the glass studio had a Mothership Faberge Egg, and it's too far out a piece not to be mentioned here. Some of their other stuff is cool but I think the Faberge Egg is the real stand out aesthetically speaking, and the workmanship was flawless, as you'd expect for $1400.

Their website is under construction but they have a facebook.

[​IMG]
    Action starts around the 35 second mark.

2. noserub

noserub The Earl of Indica

Damn...that's crazy. I wasn't quite sure how it worked until checking out the video...

I've seen their pieces online, but never seen one in person. I'll be on the lookout... Hoping the Cave, my lhs, can hook that up...they seem to get amazing glass.

3. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

those things are a trip.. i'm not sure what the glass gallery is but did you get to try it out by any chance?

4. charliedontsurf

charliedontsurf Glassblower

Yes, it hit very nicely and has a Swiss-perc like effect in addition to the initial diffusion. Definitely a nice piece. As a beginning glass blower, much of its construction is both a marvel and a mystery.

ogcook and Buildozer like this.
  5. Sonics420

Sonics420 Well-Known Member

Those are so dope, I see one for sale in my area but man that price tag is crazy!

Washington Dabbers!

lreindl likes this.
  6. JSteez4205

JSteez4205 aka Gordon NugzB

How long have you been blowing glass?? It marvels me as well.. Beautiful pieces, but as every one says, the tags are ridiculous!!

7. Buildozer

right on.. that's a nice big pic you put up.. i could never tell how the bottom perc looked... it's totally mind boggling how they put that thing together like that. that's a bold piece to even imagine hah.. that thing is for ballers only

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  8. mrboote

mrboote ...

I wish they could let their distinctive and beautiful workmanship speak for itself and ditch the gaudy labels. From a practical standpoint I wonder if their custom joints would make it annoying or impossible to use different slides and domes other than the ones that come with the piece.

The one I really like:

9. FrogBoy138

FrogBoy138 Well-Known Member

This ones my fav from mothership $1300-1500 seems seems like a deal to me

SSVUN~YAH and JLG like this.
  10. Buildozer

^^i really like that one too.. i saw that video one day and never found it again.. i never knew exactly what it was called.

11. Buildozer

^^i really like that one too.. i saw that video one day and never found it again.. i never knew exactly what it was called.

ha this one too VV
    they make the fabroge egg w/ a recycler too don't they?

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  12. rockin421

rockin421 New Member

Have both a 75mm recycler and a large faberge egg.. Both are the greatest pieces I have hit.. They are super nice guys and have the highest skill set and are always trying to push the envelope.. They can charge because it took tons of r and d and time to make these pieces.. The honey bucket tastes ten million times better than my Infiniti nail or my cosmic.. Nothing like a reg quartz nail as there is a nice amount of surface area.. They sell out fast wherever they are and they have a long long wait list.. So they can charge what they want.. I have a ton of glass everything is put away now thanks to these two pieces.. It seems extreme but trust me you won't want to rip anything else.. I joined just to write about it.. It seems unreasonable I know.. But I bought the recycler and was soo impressed hunted down a faberge egg and a honey bucket within a week. Fricken epic

SSVUN~YAH, CG420, Organibis and 6 others like this.
  13. tepictoton

tepictoton Well-Known Member

aloha and welcome to the forum.

any chance we get to see those pieces you mention in action?:) i mean, we will not mind some nice shots and or videos of what you are talking about.

What is this honey bucket for instance? please enlighten us a bit more:p

Roger D likes this.
  14. rockin421

rockin421 New Member

here is my 12" Large fab egg..change to 1080p

You can see it is hollow when i put the dabber through.

I like the Honey bucket way more than my infiniti nail.. tastes cleaner which is funny because I got the Ti nails because the quartz on I got tasted horrible.. no surface area so it just pooled up and tasted nasty. But this honey bucket is amazing.

here is the recycler.. 11" tall 75mm large. didn't have honey bucket yet.

15. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

Seen some of theses on the tube, that's some heavy weight stuff.. Connoisseur wet dream

I can't see the last videos unfortunately, they are tagged private

SSVUN~YAH and Nbajunkie like this.
  16. DBG

DBG New Member

This is my first post after lurking for a while, but I thought I had to share my favorite piece of theirs, a FABulous Klien Torus.

17. rockin421

rockin421 New Member

fixed them...sorry for the trouble and thanks for letting me know

Roger D likes this.
  18. toros23

toros23 Well-Known Member

Just noticed this thread.. Nice videos/pics! I picked up a mini Torus a little while back and it is an amazing piece. Will post a pic or vid soon.

19. rockin421

rockin421 New Member

looking forward to it...thanks for the compliment.. How tall is the mini?

20. toros23

Mine stands right at 10 inches. I was a little bummed after I bought it and saw one posted on Kulture for a couple hundred less but still love it.

BTW - Mine has a seed of life perc, I think they come with two different percs.

edit: Just snapped a quick photo:
    [​IMG]

21. rockin421

rockin421 New Member

nice!!! so that is the 65mm can? I have the 75mm from you guessed it Kulture.... rofl.. I got my egg from liquid chrome.. Both companies rock and were extremely helpful.. I ordered with next day and got it the next day.. I ordered from liquid chrome and they included 3 day expedited from canada 2 shipments in 2 days.. one honey bucket one large egg. problem with liquid chrome is they are a little expensive.. but they wouldn't have them otherwise. they had to pay more to get them sooner.. Mothership has a minimum 4-6 month wait currently. so if you see one and you want it grab it.. they are hard to find.. at least the eggs, recyclers, and honey buckets.. as well as all the prototype ones like that fab recycler. They also have an epic piece up for a raffle to help a guy who has big medical bills thanks to an accident. so it is a good cause.. go to the mothership glass page to check it out.. the piece looks epic

22. Bouldorado

Bouldorado Well-Known Member

I think those motherships are probably the coolest pipes on the market right now. Only thing I don't like are their beakers:
    [​IMG]

Looks nice and all, it just seems pretty simple considering how sculpted and unique their other pieces are.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  23. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

The beaker may be simple... but that Seed-of-Life downstem definitely isn't.

You can't quite tell from that picture, but it has 72 holes
    [​IMG]

Note: Not saying that sexy downstem warrants the retail price on the beaker piece!! :lol:
    (More than a premium Vapexhale Cloud package)

24. toros23

Yes, it is the 65mm can. Never heard of Liquid Chrome, will have to check them out. Sounds like you made their week, damn!

25. rockin421

rockin421 New Member

Well liquid chrome is the largest headship in Canada I believe.. Honestly from the pics online I don't think I have seen a nicer shop anywhere I have been or seen online.. 3 levels cases sorted by brand.. Official roor.de dealer which is crazy.. They have over 1000 GERMAN Roor's.. That alone in terms of quality and difficulty to rep them whether you like roor.de or not is pretty epic.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors