More vapor from certain strains?

HobbyStoner

Hey guys and gals.

I'm new to vaping and have a VaporGenie, which i'm still getting used to after about 6-7 uses in the last few weeks and absolutely loving this clean-smoking-act.
I got some Blueberry, and grinded it pretty well, but i'm noticing that there is almost no vapor coming out of my mouth when i exhale, even though i'm getting seriously baked.
I've also been vaping White Zombie, Super Lemon Haze and AK-47, and i notice that while they all produce vapor, WZ produces by far the most of the 3.
Should say that it's the same lighter and flame-size, so i don't think it's the heating, although it would be cool if someone tried different strains and kept a close eye on the vapor from each, at same temperature and everything.

This brings me to my question:
Do certain strains provide more vapor then others, and if so, why?
Or would they all produce a similar amount if all equally dry and grinded etc. ?
Or something else that i'm not seeing here?

thesoloman

I think moisture content is one variable, also the amount of Cannabinoids in the strain is another factor. however i can not say for certain how these factors interact to influence the vapor production. however i can say that i think more cannabinoids would mean more vapor.

SalamiCity

A lot of things matter.

Firstly you need to make sure that the ENTIRE surface area is covered. Most vapes are convection aka need air to come over the bud to vape, which then goes into your lungs. If there is more covering, then there wont be any excess air to thin out the vapor.

Also it depends on the quality of the strain, temp, and how long you hold it.

As long as you get high, that's all that matters. Take a flash light, or like I do download the flash light app on your smart phone, and you can check out the vapor. Vapor is invisible to the naked eye sometimes, so having a light source is definitely a plus when trying to look at vapor.

SalamiCity,

cawshook

Solod out.
I think moisture content is one variable, also the amount of Cannabinoids in the strain is another factor. however i can not say for certain how these factors interact to influence the vapor production. however i can say that i think more cannabinoids would mean more vapor.
i agree, but it also depends onthe vaporizer. I like vaping moist weed, ground up with a space case grinder in my original da vinci. I really dont grind them up much. Just a normal grind.
Whereas in the mflb i used to dry the buds well then grind them to almost powder.

Also i agree with the poster that said that anything with purple vapes well. Im vaping the purplest purple kush ive ever got my hands on, and its great, but ive also vaped good cotton candy kush, killer kush, and one more strain which i cant remember right now, but ill get back it to it. with a nice purple color this week and they were both great. Cotton candy kush tasted sweet. Pineapple express was fruity. Og kush was sour.
So far my favorites in terms of taste are:
For daytime, pineapple express.
For nightime, cotton candy kush.

I havent really tried vaping with alot of strains. Maybe like 10-15. Keep in mind im using a da vinci which supposedly kills most of the taste. Im sure ull have better results in the vape genie

Tamataz

Icelander
I'm glad you started this discussion. Just last week i raised this discovery with my bros, but they haven't noticed it.

Normally i buy a half 0z at a time. Now, i had some stuff that i had at the time was pretty dry, crackly, but good bud for sure, but the vapor was disappointing as hell. I was using the solo on setting 6 - the bowl would done (meaning no real vapor being produced) before the solo 12m timer went off.

Skip ahead a stoner week and i picked up something new. Blue dream, good batch, very sticky and smelly. The grower definitely knew what he was doing. I do the same thing on setting 6, and it keeps producing vapor throughout the first 12m timer and i can get a second session with one bowl. It was nuts. Infinite vapor :p

The blue dream was definitely more moist, but i wonder if you can judge how potent the strain is from how much vapor you get from the bud. Because, the blue dream is definitely better compared to the last stuff i had.

djonkoman

I have noticed variations too, although big deviations from the average are not so common. but occassionally I'll have a batch that needs a higher temp to vape well, or it's already harsh at my usual temp but does better at a lower temp.
and sometimes there's the batch that just won't vape well, although I think I've only had that once or twice. and other times there seems to be no end to the vapor(wich happens more often as the previous fortunatly)

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
Variations between strains for me too ....

but I think the strain isn't the reason but phenotype ...and more precisely the amount of resin in it ....

Actually I have 2 different amnesia plants ,the first gives me short sessions with thin vapors ,the second (covered as by snow) gives the opposite result.

natural farmer

My jack herer vapes quickly compared to my sticky super skunk. I think the texture of the bud matters for the lenght of the session, but i dont think it equals more psychoactive molecules.

I think you are spot on there! I just got some super sticky, indica hybrid from what I can tell that just won't stop giving vapor! It is very strong too though! :ko:

loyalties

id have to agree with everyone that the strain does play a big part in it, I have a vapir No2 and when I first received it the bud I had wasnt very dense...I packed the No2 pretty full and the bowl was over in minutes..It was disappointing......however the afghan I have right now will last a good 20 minutes with plenty of vapor....to the point that my buddy who packed a bowl last night had to pass it over to me because he couldnt handle it all lol

strains do play a big part :)

loyalties,

salivape

I have noticed that for me it isn't strain relevant, but more sativa/indica relevant. I've found that the sativas I've had haven't vaped as well as indicas. No science, just what I've noticed and it may just be a coincidence.. The abv from the haze I get is a golden brown color whereas my indicas come out a chocolate brown. If anything I'd guess it's to do with the difference in density. Of course the covering of resin or lack of plays a big role as well.

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Good thread. I just recently got some bud that wouldn't produce any vapor whatsoever. My guy said it was fresh and he didn't have time to cure it, before he told me I put a carrot in it because I thought it was dry(don't ask) next day it was too moist and didn't vape any better. So i left it in the mason jar about 6 feet under the heating vent and waited about 8-12 hours. I then closed the mason jar and put it away in my dresser. Yesterday I tried to vape again and I finally got some visible vapor. It wasn't that much but still better than nothing. Im barely getting any hits though, I packed one earlier and got 2 hits before it was cashed. Usually its not like this but I guess he just messed this batch up.

ElevatedMindset,
Reactions: thesoloman

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have experienced this myself in the past, and right now. I have some Blueberry (my favorite), and some Black Widow. I love Blueberry, but this Black Widow keeps giving and giving and giving and giving vapor. :)

I like to mix the two strains, making "Blackberry," (I made that up, don't know if it's a real strain, or not) and that helps me continue to get a lot of vapor from the Blueberry.

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
I have experienced this myself in the past, and right now. I have some Blueberry (my favorite), and some Black Widow. I love Blueberry, but this Black Widow keeps giving and giving and giving and giving vapor. :)

I like to mix the two strains, making "Blackberry," (I made that up, don't know if it's a real strain, or not) and that helps me continue to get a lot of vapor from the Blueberry.

Ah I wish I had a selection like you did. Haha

ElevatedMindset,
Reactions: Vicki

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I've ran into this scenario. I think it has to do with trichome coverage. The more densely covered, the more vapor production. At least that's what I've been telling myself.

Magic9,

Caligula

Maximus
Interesting.

I just got 3.5g of some Juicy Fruit. It was suggested by the BT at my MMJ disp as a good daytime, sativa dom hybrid. Smells good (yes it smells like the gum), is sticky, and isnt too dry. Furthermore, this specific bud was lab tested on 11-02-2013 to have 19.7% THC (mostly THCA, but I forget the ratio) and 2.6% CBD with 0.0% CBN.

I used the same Space Case clone shredder that I have always used, and packed the stem as I normally would on my Solo. You know what? MUCH less vapor than any bud I've used out of my Solo (which is to say out of the 6 or 7 strains I've tried since owning it).

Just putting that out there.

Caligula,

weedemon

enthusiast
yes difference strains will produce different amounts of vapor.

a few strains that I have personally noticed that produce less vapor: lemon haze, blue berry, juicy fruit, durban poison, shishkaberry, bubblegum, Afghan, cheese, sweet tooth,

some that made lots of vapor: most kush varieties, sensi star, OG varieties, jasmine, Northern lights, White rhino,

lots more too but im drawing a blank.

of course, it's a combo of genetics, growers ability, and environment.

weedemon

enthusiast
But isn't it tasty? what does your juicy fruit look like? mine was a light green colour with orange/brown hairs. the buds were generally longer and more slender. but still have a good nug tightness. sweet, sweet aroma and lovely taste. (gotta be the terps) it was really enjoyable, but yeah it stopped vapin faster than most. Lemon Haze was the single most noticeable to run out the fastest that i've tried. (of known strains anyways) had lots of no name stuff in my day too :p

Well, fuck.

That's a good question t-dub. I would presume so, but it would be a great experiment for someone to do. (I've stopped making bho, since getting my sub)

I would like to add another disclaimer to my previous post.

It would be cool to get a consensus from other members here and see who else agree and disagrees with my list.

Reasons:
- sometimes dealers just make up names. (hopefully none of mine were BS names)
- the same strain can have many different phenotypes and as a result final product of the same name can vary.
- It's a totally subjective rating and merely based on my own experiences. but that said, I do recall thinking to myself with certain strains and how they finish earlier

Top Bottom