Mobius Glass

Hoops

Hmm. The matrix perc on the clear is, I believe, quite a bit larger than the perc on the ion. I haven't counted holes, but, are you sure the diffusion is the same on both?

Hoops,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Full disclosure, I haven't hit an ion before yet.

My guess is that the diffusion would be equivalent (as opposed to the same).

Less diffusion at the perc, with less water to deal with and a smaller volume overall could lead to performance that feels the same.
Or, since the whole matrix perc is never fully firing, maybe a larger portion of the ion perc is used in the hit and the diffusion is really the same?

My thinking is that the ion is kinda like a scale model of the clear, smaller perc, but same function relative to everything else.
:shrug:

EDIT:
Mobius Family Shot :D

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So can we assume the Old School rounded Matrix was sold, obg... or you waiting to drop it on us?

(naw... I didn't forget. :p)

BigDaddyVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
How do you like your Reti bubbler?
I prefer my matrix, but I love the reti too.

They are both very low drag, and offer very similar levels of diffusion.
The reti is a bit rougher with its diffusion, while the matrix is super smooth.

I also love just staring at the matrix... It's so purdy ;)

Nosferatu

OT: You know, I found out Dementia is owned by Sheldon Black. Which makes sense, considering they push it so hard.

They're a nice store, they don't have much glass but it's quality. They have Like 5 Mobius tubes and that new fritted disk rooster piece. Lots of high end brands and decent prices.

Nosferatu,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
So can we assume the Old School rounded Matrix was sold, obg... or you waiting to drop it on us?

(naw... I didn't forget. :p)

Tried to get it, no cigar. Actually, no response at all - tough getting in early enough on private pieces listed like on craigslist in SoCal. BUT . . . I got lucky and found a virtually new Clear Matrix. But my Clear and Ion both have the domed top. M&M's!

I prefer my matrix, but I love the reti too.

They are both very low drag, and offer very similar levels of diffusion.
The reti is a bit rougher with its diffusion, while the matrix is super smooth.

I also love just staring at the matrix... It's so purdy ;)

My feelings exactly. But since I have the Ion Matrix too already, I may have to force myself to sell the Reti. I've been told that the Reti is better for concentrates, the Matrix for flowers - seems logical. Or I may keep them all and just stare at 'em. :luv:

EDIT:

I've stumbled across a stereo matrix piece for sale online that I prob won't go after. Before I post the url though . . . Is there such an animal as a 60B? This piece has the same exact shape and dimensions as a 65B except that the description says it has a 60mm can. I sent a message asking for clarification. I'll put the link up end of day one way or the other.

oldiebutgoodie

Everything I've seen says there's no 60b.
60t, 65t, 65b are the only ones AFAIK. :shrug:

Well hell, may as well post this link then. I just realized (damn!) that the title is "60mm stemless tube", but the pic is definitely the 65b so either the description or the pic is wrong. Given the price, it may be the 60t after all but hell who knows for sure?

The piece is in a shop in Fresno, CA. It looks like he is just now putting up an online storefront, it's rough and the content is somewhat mixed up with the Maya (WordPress-like) stuff. I suggest anyone interested to just phone the guy. Btw this only came up on Google a day or two ago.

http://towersmoke.net/shop/mobius-60-mm-stemless-tube-with-stereo-matrix/

http://towersmoke.net/contact/

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Jeppy

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I'm assuming you could fit an ion in there?

Think you could fit a FC LEV lattice bubbler?
i can fit my Clear (Larger) matrix bub AND my DG can or my SYN rev. shwrhd can.
it'll hold for four pistols comfortably and has two levels w/ a layer of foam inbetween that is punchable.
i use it at home to hold all my glass accessories on the lower level and can just fit my cloud in on the top level (a little tight)

Bob Loblaw,

GOATPUSSY

Thank you gentleman! Can't wait to get the pieces out of the bubblewrap/FC bubbler shipping box that holds them now.

This is gonna bring whole new meanings when I proclaim.... 'THAT'S IT!!! I'm bustin' out the guns!!!'

i can fit my Clear (Larger) matrix bub AND my DG can or my SYN rev. shwrhd can.
it'll hold for four pistols comfortably and has two levels w/ a layer of foam inbetween that is punchable.
i use it at home to hold all my glass accessories on the lower level and can just fit my cloud in on the top level (a little tight)
I use my LSV bag as my glass carry bag.
It can fit a möbius clear bubbler, lev FC lattice bub, DG 13" tube, pretty much any piece I own :)

lreindl

Pacific NW
So would you guys suggest going with a Matrix, or a Stereo Matrix? These seem to be the two styles of Mobius that I have narrowed down to my liking.

lreindl,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Not enough sunshine for a proper milk shot today, unfortunately

img1531bj.jpg

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
How often does aqualab restock? Theres no stores in NYC that stock Mobius via the store locator :(

Live-N-Learn,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
there are a few listed https://store.kultureva.com/searchresults/pg?q=mobius

I don't see them in ALT very often, you just have to check daily.
Mobius Ion Clear With Matrix Perc <<< The one i want

Thanks, I will be checking every day from now on, its official Im buying this glass ASAP!
I wish it was in stock so I can pull the trigger, I'm feeling birthday trigger happy over here!

The cloud or herbalaire decision is still an ongoing battle within though lol.

download.png

Though this was hilarious.

Live-N-Learn,

oldiebutgoodie

How often does aqualab restock? Theres no stores in NYC that stock Mobius via the store locator :(

Hmm, I'm afraid the store locator needs work. You could try calling some of the larger shops (like Dementia) to see what they have and if they ship.

ALT receives a shipment from Mobius about every 3 weeks. I think that would be approx this week. Kulture appears to be restocked about every 3-4 weeks, too. I was told that Kulture and ALT are his only 2 official online stores.

So private party is sometimes the best route - you may even get one with the dome like I did! Keep an eye on Nuggetry. And of course Google is your friend, too - use a tight enough boolean statement to weed out unwanted pages (like other "Mobius" companies), and then each day repeat it using Google's "past week" option to pick up any new pages the spider has found. Gotta get it when it first becomes available.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: SD_haze
Top Bottom