Discontinued MistVape Touch

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Here is a project that has been on the list for months. @Vape Dr. and I discussed it a little. I figure if I didn't do it now I might not ever get to it, tomorrow I expect to start the next batch of vapes.
Introducing the accessory rack, quilted maple with snakewood trim.
B1v3n3V.jpg

The back row has two holes around .8", I expect it will hold Milaana stems, then a couple at 3/4" and a couple at 5/8. The bottom row has three 5/8, four 3/8 four 1/4 and four 1/8 (for dab wires).
The dark wood is snakewood and it is really nice.
XbHDLVu.jpg
VsngARM.jpg

Loaded with toys
kST4Rd0.jpg

with a Touch in the pic for size
BRe7VVx.jpg

and a close up of the snakewood trim
9DqJJYE.jpg

The white specs are dust I didn't wipe off.
The rack is about 6" long just under 3" front to back and 2 1/2" high.
I'm open to suggestions about the hole sizes and layout, a few months down the road I'll make some if there is interest. Probably in the $100 range, not really sure how long it takes to make since most of the time was set up and design so far.
@AJS knockovers are not good! Possible to glue a piece of brass to the bottom, you wouldn't see it and it would offer more stability. I made this one kinda short at 2 1/2" but I'm open to other sizes. This is definitely beta.

WHAT A RACK!

IXqdS25M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
on imgur I use the direct link, click on the picture you want to post then on the pop up click "copy" under the "direct link" section. I had lots of problems early on but the direct link works fine.
Just finished cutting the blocks for the next batch. Gotta clean the shop then start machining these babies.
I have a couple units left, a few more people will get a Touch soon.

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hey guys, very stoked to be joining the MVT club! Mine is due to arrive tomorrow. Wondering if anyone has any usage tips? I'm coming from a Firewood 4 / Grasshopper perspective, both of which I realize operate in their own ways and differently than the MVT.

Thanks!

FreddieFresh

I just want to say that I'm also still loving my MVT! All these reports from happy new owners have me wanting to get back in line for another! The extra steps for QA that @mistvaporizer has taken clearly improved the consistency even more.

@flotntoke I just traded for a Mi and it's been a blast comparing them head to head. We may share some similar opinions but perhaps that's a conversation best kept to pm's lol

@sk8man121 A finer grind usually helps. Don't pack it tightly but a slight tamp doesn't hurt. The MVT is wide open so a bit of resistance will help you judge your draw speed better. I suggest the low profile screens to cap the load. They diffuse the heat a little more evenly and sandwich the load slightly. Rotate the stem about 90° after each hit if you have hot spotting on one side and stir every few hits. Once you have it down you shouldn't need to stir more than once or twice per bowl. Preheat for about 10 seconds or until you see the coil glow, let it cool for a few seconds, and then re-trigger for 3 or 4 and start to draw slowly. This will give quicker vapor response. When you draw, think of lightly puffing a joint or sipping a drink but continually. Once you feel the heat build up let off the sensor and increase your suction like drinking a thick milkshake, if there's some slight resistance this will help here imo. If you want bigger hits feather it off and on to maintain temp. Don't be shy with the sensor either. The only way to find out what the MVT is capable of is by pushing the limits. Using concentrates can help you get a feel for trigger time. It will take longer as the battery drains, so thats another variable to toss in the mix that makes unregulated vapes fun and intuitive to use.

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I actually cooled the coil a bit with the last batch. Two batches back there were some problems with hot units so I added a little bit of wire to the coil (about 3/8" more wire) taking the resistance from around 0.48 ohms up to 0.52. People noticed that the heat up was a second or two longer but overall usage was much better. Mine is this configuration and it works fine, I really like concentrates with hemp fiber or cotton.

@Shit Snacks yes you have the newer coil, remember you said it was taking a little more button time. I was surprised you noticed but you did, guess that's one reason you're a tester

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
All these reports from happy new owners have me wanting to get back in line for another!

It's futile to try to resist. I signed up again....it's the only vape of which I own two....having an unregulated vape that is constantly ready to go is a whole lotta fun! Middle of the night and you want a quick hit or two....well then...baddha bing baddha bang!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I actually cooled the coil a bit with the last batch. Two batches back there were some problems with hot units so I added a little bit of wire to the coil (about 3/8" more wire) taking the resistance from around 0.48 ohms up to 0.52. People noticed that the heat up was a second or two longer but overall usage was much better. Mine is this configuration and it works fine, I really like concentrates with hemp fiber or cotton.

Ah, good idea. Does mine have that too?

drterps

@Shit Snacks yes you have the newer coil, remember you said it was taking a little more button time. I was surprised you noticed but you did, guess that's one reason you're a tester

I think mine has that? it's still working so much better than first one. I sent it back last week btw...

little maggie

I just want to say that I'm also still loving my MVT! All these reports from happy new owners have me wanting to get back in line for another! The extra steps for QA that @mistvaporizer has clearly improved the consistency even more.

@flotntoke I just traded for a Mi and it's been a blast comparing them head to head. We may share some similar opinions but perhaps that's a conversation best kept to pm's lol

@sk8man121 A finer grind usually helps. Don't pack it tightly but a slight tamp doesn't hurt. The MVT is wide open so a bit of resistance will help you judge your draw speed better. I suggest the low profile screens to cap the load. They diffuse the heat a little more evenly and sandwich the load slightly. Rotate the stem about 90° after each hit if you have hot spotting on one side and stir every few hits. Once you have it down you shouldn't need to stir more than once or twice per bowl. Preheat for about 10 seconds or until you see the coil glow, let it cool for a few seconds, and then re-trigger for 3 or 4 and start to draw slowly. This will give quicker vapor response. When you draw, think of lightly puffing a joint or sipping a drink but continually. Once you feel the heat build up let off the sensor and increase your suction like drinking a thick milkshake, if there's some slight resistance this will help here imo. If you want bigger hits feather it off and on to maintain temp. Don't be shy with the sensor either. The only way to find out what the MVT is capable of is by pushing the limits. Using concentrates can help you get a feel for trigger time. It will take longer as the battery drains, so thats another variable to toss in the mix that makes unregulated vapes fun and intuitive to use.
I'd love to hear your mi and mistvape comparison. There needs to be a place for people to share those experiences.
And I'm now finally up for a mistvape. I just paid so mine should be here soon.

Shit Snacks

I'd love to hear your mi and mistvape comparison. There needs to be a place for people to share those experiences.

So you can compare for yourself soon enough :)

I just find comparisons tricky since it is all so personal. I am finding all these glass stem wooden convection on demand vapes to be quite different despite their similarities

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I just find comparisons tricky since it is all so personal. I am finding all these glass stem wooden convection on demand vapes to all be quite different despite their similarities

+100000000

I just find the MVT is obviously suited to smaller doses, with the 14mm stem and all, but they all have different vapor profiles and techniques etc. It's definitely down to personal preference - which is exactly that; personal.

They all have their merits though, I'll say that. I am definitely enjoying my MVT a lot now, I will say that.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

+100000000

I just find the MVT is obviously suited to smaller doses, with the 14mm stem and all, but they all have different vapor profiles and techniques etc. It's definitely down to personal preference - which is exactly that; personal.

They all have their merits though, I'll say that.

I am curious if perhaps my unit was one of the ones before the extra wire was added @mistvaporizer ?

Exactly, they're all so manual, that whoever is operating it certainly impacts performance

FreddieFresh

I agree with @Shit Snacks and @muunch that comparisons can be very tricky. So much is left to opinion. One persons experience can be drastically different from another. Outside of the obvious similarities in design and function, I think what sets them apart will ultimately come down to the user. I can say for sure that they both hold important places in my collection for different reasons.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
669R2tP.jpg

@Little Bill if you type ' .jpg ' after you paste the link ( before pressing insert) it will post the picture. I had the same probs to start with. That's a very nice looking Vape you got there. :tup: It really looks like flames don't you think?

@soulfulrebel.MC your method of posting sounds easy and I will try it first. @flotntoke and @mistvaporizer also thanks for posting your methods gives me choices.

@mistvaporizer increasing the resistance from .48 to .52 should drop the power about 8%. I probably would have combusted already with the older design. Still plenty of boost. And 9-10 seconds goes by fast for me. I will admit falling asleep in my recliner Monday. Today I am driving the Crafty. More experimentation with MVT this weekend.

By the way the box I bought on Amazon for a caddy looks good but is a POS.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@FreddieFresh id like a new one too!

I'm bout to bust the mist out, been awhile. Totally agree that the comparisons are warranted but also take the user variability into the comparee(?)'s account. For me the MvT is head and shoulders better dry, and for me the Mi is head and shoulders better through water. Not to say either is bad at the other but since I have both, that's the way I prefer to use them. The narrow stem of MvT promotes smooth and tastey dry but I have issues regulating wet and it tastes kicked quick. The Mi wide stem dry is harsh on my throat and the wider surface area seems to allow me to fully extracr through water with good taste throughout. If you like the on demand scene I would recommend them both, they compliment each other nicely.

I have early units of both though too so YMMV

Vape on!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Actually I mainly use my first beta unit cause, @mistvaporizer and me, are agree the production unit I received is too hot (but still nice for concentrates), I will get a well calibrated unit in some weeks!

When it comes about the Mi/MVT comparison I will only say they both work admirably well but some technic is involved for both units(pro&cons are very similar also). The Mi is more crude, brutal strength.... and the MVT is more refined,delicate.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Waiting on my Milaana so I can experience this first hand! RBT and I did a swap, he got a Touch and is sending me a Milaana.
Used my brick last night, macro dosing for sure. Of course I loaded it up :D. I would like to try the hydro brick.
@HellsWindStaff I agree about the Touch and water, I haven't gotten great results yet. I've seen the videos but can't seem to nail the technique. My main problem I think is that I use the feel of the vapor temp to adjust my button time. With water that isn't there.
One of my many side projects is a mini water attachment for the Touch. In the second version now, I'll let you know if I get something that works well.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

I'm bout to bust the mist out, been awhile. Totally agree that the comparisons are warranted but also take the user variability into the comparee(?)'s account. For me the MvT is head and shoulders better dry, and for me the Mi is head and shoulders better through water. Not to say either is bad at the other but since I have both, that's the way I prefer to use them. The narrow stem of MvT promotes smooth and tastey dry but I have issues regulating wet and it tastes kicked quick. The Mi wide stem dry is harsh on my throat and the wider surface area seems to allow me to fully extracr through water with good taste throughout. If you like the on demand scene I would recommend them both, they compliment each other nicely.

Vape on!

All very true IMO. Especially the part about beauty being in the eye of the beholder.

... The Mi is more crude, brutal strength.... and the MVT is more refined,delicate.

This sums a lot of it up very well! Nicely said.

As I pull my review together, I'm thinking it might be best to include some general points like this - but to create a new thread elsewhere for any full on head to head comparison.

FreddieFresh

Vape on!

Waiting on my Milaana so I can experience this first hand! RBT and I did a swap, he got a Touch and is sending me a Milaana.
Used my brick last night, macro dosing for sure. Of course I loaded it up :D. I would like to try the hydro brick.
@HellsWindStaff I agree about the Touch and water, I haven't gotten great results yet. I've seen the videos but can't seem to nail the technique. My main problem I think is that I use the feel of the vapor temp to adjust my button time. With water that isn't there.
One of my many side projects is a mini water attachment for the Touch. In the second version now, I'll let you know if I get something that works well.

I've had pretty solid results with both through water but admittedly I still prefer the effortless consistency of plug-ins to whitewall my pieces. MVT, Mi, and Jr get used most often dry because of the same reason @mistvaporizer stated. I sense the heat of the vapor to get good results, and water takes that away. Plus it's a pain cleaning everything if you accidentally combust. But that dry experience is why I love unregulated vapes so much now :luv:

Top Bottom