Discontinued MistVape Touch

turk

turk
...collar works fine...just like the tool....If you use two screen method...screens are a priority...very powerful efficient little unit...with minimal maintenance required...concentrate use is superb..I've used cotton balls and hemp...both excellent results.....cheers.

TTJxjB6.jpg

Last edited:

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I received my MVT, extra stems, extra screens, collar, tool, and pokes. Everything well packed. Thank you @mistvaporizer for making a very nice unit. I will post pictures in a few days. The timing was perfect since my wife just left for a 3 week trip. She knows but does not approve my flowers. The dog doesn't care so I have the run of the house for 20 days.

Just a tease to let you know I have taken three pulls so far. Excellent taste better than Crafty and hits hard too! Just did a stir and the collar is very helpful. My technique is touch on, count to 5, then steady draw until sense or taste warm vapor, then release and continue to draw for several more seconds. Standard short stem using two screen method with .014 weed packed in by second screen. No combustion so far.

I just ordered a storage box for MVT and accessories. That is all. 10-420

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D2ZM7A0/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
My technique is touch on, count to 5, then steady draw until sense or taste warm vapor, then release and continue to draw for several more seconds

Sounds about same here. I don't ride the heater or feather the button like I do for the Milaana. In that sense, it is a bit easier - it just took some adjustment. I'm only using a single screen and the stock short stem. My wood stem will be arriving tomorrow and I'll use my usual 2screen for that so will hopefully help a bit, as my results are still somewhat inconsistent... but very pleasing when successful.

Not sure if I'll use the glass tube but I got it just in case. Seems people here like it, but I've used all the ones for my milaana with no glass.

little maggie

I received my MVT, extra stems, extra screens, collar, tool, and pokes. Everything well packed. Thank you @mistvaporizer for making a very nice unit. I will post pictures in a few days. The timing was perfect since my wife just left for a 3 week trip. She knows but does not approve my flowers. The dog doesn't care so I have the run of the house for 20 days.

Just a tease to let you know I have taken three pulls so far. Excellent taste better than Crafty and hits hard too! Just did a stir and the collar is very helpful. My technique is touch on, count to 5, then steady draw until sense or taste warm vapor, then release and continue to draw for several more seconds. Standard short stem using two screen method with .014 weed packed in by second screen. No combustion so far.

I just ordered a storage box for MVT and accessories. That is all. 10-420

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D2ZM7A0/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
What an attractive box. How do you know it will fit everything?

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
What an attractive box. How do you know it will fit everything?

Well @little maggie I measured everything and figured out the essentials will all fit within the box interior dimensions. I'll need to put some felt or other cloth on the bottom. I bought the MVT primarily for its nice appearance and am planning to put the box on a shelf in the study.

@muunch on using the MVT I am just starting to learn and I will want to hear about the wood stem when you have it. The warm up takes longer as the battery drains. I have ridden the touch a bit long, and thought I heard a crackling sound like fire. I have had black spots in the bowl. The two screen method may the safest way to not combust. Also when the heat gets to a certain point, the draw opens up a lot. Oh well then. Practice, practice, practice.

little maggie

I already have a wood stem from Alan for the MVT. His work is so beautiful. How many MVT's get made at a time. I could wait months but now that I'm near the end I'm getting impatient. I'm sure I'll be in the next batch so I'll hopefully have mine soon. I don't know what the collar is that others have talked about. Is it standard with the MVT? It's not in the accessories.
I'm being greedy- I'm still getting to know my tubo and zion and the last thing I need is another vape but this is so interesting. I've been getting rid of all my portable session vapes and am close to having only wood portables and mostly wood plug-ins. (except my vape brothers and arizer eq)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I already have a wood stem from Alan for the MVT. His work is so beautiful. How many MVT's get made at a time. I could wait months but now that I'm near the end I'm getting impatient. I'm sure I'll be in the next batch so I'll hopefully have mine soon. I don't know what the collar is that others have talked about. Is it standard with the MVT? It's not in the accessories.
I'm being greedy- I'm still getting to know my tubo and zion and the last thing I need is another vape but this is so interesting. I've been getting rid of all my portable session vapes and am close to having only wood portables and mostly wood plug-ins. (except my vape brothers and arizer eq)

lol we know you have a problem Mag, don't we all... The collar should come with the stir tool I think, wooden ring that helps you stir without spilling if you pack a fuller bowl closer to the tip of the joint. He posted about them a few pages back I think with photos. And you've probably got at least a couple weeks more I'd guess

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@little maggie I haven't put the stir tool/collar on the website yet as I only have a handful made. I am charging $20 for the stir tool and $5 for the collar. For the Sticky Brick you don't need the collar, not sure about the Milaana mine is due soon.
I bought enough wood for about 30 stir tools so I just have to make them. Also Sticky Brick hooked me up with some nice stir tools that I can use instead of the wire I currently make. I have ordered a batch of stirrers and will be using them exclusively.
As far as the Touch production schedule I will start a new batch this week. I have enough wood and circuits for 50 more. This week I expect to cut the wood blocks for all 50 and start working on the frames. I should have the first units in about 4 weeks. And yes you are very close I think #7 right now.

little maggie

I microdose so, if I understand what they're used for correctly, I probably don't need a collar or stirrer. I won't know till I actually see the mvt but I think I will probably be using Ddave's 14m mini mod with it since I use his 18mm one with everything else. Still hoping he'll work on a 14mm concentration unit. I don't use concentrates but I want one for herbs for the mvt.

little maggie,
Reactions: DanTeDays

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@little maggie what is the problem with IMRbatteries? I use them exclusively and have had no issues. They don't returns but with Li batteries it is actually understandable. People can swap authentics with knock offs etc. It is critical to use authentic batteries so where ever you get them make sure they are the real thing. I won't buy from just anyone and generally shun "sales".

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Well I said in an earlier post I loaded .014 into the MVT. Actually I loaded .140 gram and that is almost too much using the two screen method. The collar came in handy when stirring. From now on I'll use .10 gram. I also reversed the screens to see if the top screen will clean itself.

I got at least 15 pulls yesterday and today from the bowl. Stirred two times dumping the darkest stuff out each time. I've been following the micro dosing thread and this MVT is pretty efficient. The ABV is so dark I may be a victim of micro combusting almost. Too high to post picture now but I have it for later.

I have some weed that is not over dried and with a coarse shred it tends to pack easily. The MVT stem air flow is like sipping a straw at first. When the heat rises the draw opens up like my Crafty. In fact I can tell when the draw opens up it is time to untouch the button.
:leaf:

scion34

@little maggie I haven't put the stir tool/collar on the website yet as I only have a handful made. I am charging $20 for the stir tool and $5 for the collar. For the Sticky Brick you don't need the collar, not sure about the Milaana mine is due soon.
I bought enough wood for about 30 stir tools so I just have to make them. Also Sticky Brick hooked me up with some nice stir tools that I can use instead of the wire I currently make. I have ordered a batch of stirrers and will be using them exclusively.
As far as the Touch production schedule I will start a new batch this week. I have enough wood and circuits for 50 more. This week I expect to cut the wood blocks for all 50 and start working on the frames. I should have the first units in about 4 weeks. And yes you are very close I think #7 right now.

Hey Dave, I have one of your first stir tools along with the stir tool from sticky brick, this is just my opinion but I prefer the flattened handmade profile of your wire compared to sticky bricks curved/cupped end, it's a lot less messy and easier to use, been using your tool a lot lately... the blunt wooden end makes a perfect tamp for the eq, glass UD stems and SB Line...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey Dave, I have one of your first stir tools along with the stir tool from sticky brick, this is just my opinion but I prefer the flattened handmade profile of your wire compared to sticky bricks curved/cupped end, it's a lot less messy and easier to use, been using your tool a lot lately... the blunt wooden end makes a perfect tamp for the eq, glass UD stems and SB Line...

I actually agree your hand made ones are a much nicer shape and quality than the sticky dabber tools (which are nice for what they are though) I need to post a photo still, but mine have different tips actually, both equally useful. I know it's a hassle, but maybe it is worth offering still if even at a premium for the added labor involved? Or could offer both I suppose...

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@little maggie what is the problem with IMRbatteries? I use them exclusively and have had no issues. They don't returns but with Li batteries it is actually understandable. People can swap authentics with knock offs etc. It is critical to use authentic batteries so where ever you get them make sure they are the real thing. I won't buy from just anyone and generally shun "sales".

IMR is also highly recommended by many experienced folks who work in that industry.

little maggie

I bought 6 batteries from them: 4 samsung 30q and LG HG2. I would not have known I had a problem if I hadn't just stopped leaving batteries in my charger until I needed them. But since I remove them when charged I've noticed that all 6 of those new batteries lose their charge when not in use for several days to a week. Other batteries stay charged in their plastic cases.

DramaLV

I bought 6 batteries from them: 4 samsung 30q and LG HG2. I would not have known I had a problem if I hadn't just stopped leaving batteries in my charger until I needed them. But since I remove them when charged I've noticed that all 6 of those new batteries lose their charge when not in use for several days to a week. Other batteries stay charged in their plastic cases.

My oem arizer Batts lose some power while sitting also I think that's typical

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
soguoGW.jpg

iiMgr1T.jpg

SzYMMd4.jpg

r5zKac7.jpg

nGhcpXn.jpg

:love:

Those faint lines running horizontally along the wider faces of the device are the iridescent markings. It really looks amazing in the sunlight. Wish I could show you all.

I've been using it all day. I tried about every possible configuration trying to find something I liked best, and 2 screen woodtube, with no glass is where I get the best results. I can ride the button with not as much of a worry of scorching now. I try not to "sandwich" the bud... I pushed the second screen pretty deep in towards the ending of the joint, and I put the other screen just in the opening, in hopes of creating a chamber where the herb will tumble around as I draw. Haven't got it perfect but I'm getting along pretty great over here now.

Many thanks to @Alan and @mistvaporizer for the beautiful toys :)

Last edited:

little maggie

My oem arizer Batts lose some power while sitting also I think that's typical
Not "some" power. The LG's went to 0 and took all day to charge. The Samsungs lost about 50%. Neither brand could be used without some time in the charger. That's never happened before. The LG's that came with my Zion stay charged.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@KeroZen thoughts on little maggie's battery issues? I have only bought the samsung 25R so far and they are fine.
@scion34 thanks for the post. The plan was to use the dabber tool instead of the wire I currently use. Maybe I can shape the end of the dabber, sand it a little on each side and trim the length a mm or so. The ones I make are ok but hard to be consistent, I'm just heating it red hot with a propane torch and then hitting it with a hammer. Then I have to dremel tool it to clean off the fire scale. The cleaning is the most effort so a little reshaping of the dabber might be easier overall and still approximate the hand made one. Happy to make both but obviously easier to just have one. When I get the dabbers I'll make a few and compare.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Here is a project that has been on the list for months. @Vape Dr. and I discussed it a little. I figure if I didn't do it now I might not ever get to it, tomorrow I expect to start the next batch of vapes.
Introducing the accessory rack, quilted maple with snakewood trim.
B1v3n3V.jpg

The back row has two holes around .8", I expect it will hold Milaana stems, then a couple at 3/4" and a couple at 5/8. The bottom row has three 5/8, four 3/8 four 1/4 and four 1/8 (for dab wires).
The dark wood is snakewood and it is really nice.
XbHDLVu.jpg
VsngARM.jpg

Loaded with toys
kST4Rd0.jpg

with a Touch in the pic for size
BRe7VVx.jpg

and a close up of the snakewood trim
9DqJJYE.jpg

The white specs are dust I didn't wipe off.
The rack is about 6" long just under 3" front to back and 2 1/2" high.
I'm open to suggestions about the hole sizes and layout, a few months down the road I'll make some if there is interest. Probably in the $100 range, not really sure how long it takes to make since most of the time was set up and design so far.
@AJS knockovers are not good! Possible to glue a piece of brass to the bottom, you wouldn't see it and it would offer more stability. I made this one kinda short at 2 1/2" but I'm open to other sizes. This is definitely beta.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Here is a project that has been on the list for months. @Vape Dr. and I discussed it a little. I figure if I didn't do it now I might not ever get to it, tomorrow I expect to start the next batch of vapes.
Introducing the accessory rack, quilted maple with snakewood trim.
B1v3n3V.jpg

The back row has two holes around .8", I expect it will hold Milaana stems, then a couple at 3/4" and a couple at 5/8. The bottom row has three 5/8, four 3/8 four 1/4 and four 1/8 (for dab wires).
The dark wood is snakewood and it is really nice.
XbHDLVu.jpg
VsngARM.jpg

Loaded with toys
kST4Rd0.jpg

with a Touch in the pic for size
BRe7VVx.jpg

and a close up of the snakewood trim
9DqJJYE.jpg

The white specs are dust I didn't wipe off.
The rack is about 6" long just under 3" front to back and 2 1/2" high.
I'm open to suggestions about the hole sizes and layout, a few mo nths down the road I'll make some if there is interest. Probably in the $100 range, not really sure how long it takes to make since most of the time was set up and design so far.
So cool! Love how it's laid out. I normally prefer my stems actually seated as opposed to leaning (like that glass vial) ... although I can't really talk because I don't use any holders currently. That's just my personal preference ... mostly because it just looks clean to me .... but your method is probably more practical imo ...more options for stems and less chance of any hard knockovers possibly.

Very cool man!

Top Bottom