MiniVAP Vaporizer

Pagan Zod

@Pagan Zod is your MV a glass or teflon core? I'm thinking I should have gone with the glass even though I wanted this to be a flavor chaser device :shrug:
Mine is glass. I love it & it rips hard. Look into getting the decarboxilation kit for your Teflon core. I’ve read that it doesn’t quite rip as hard as the glass core, but it is an improvement in cloud production nonetheless.

kimura

sounds like there are major issues with some of the new units. that is a bummer, and very frustrating and disappointing I am sure. still, based on my experience, I would be shocked if Jorge didn't make it right, so keep after him and try to be patient.

I keep seeing complaints and questions about WPA and I have to admit, I don't understand why people are messing with straws and floppy adapters. why not just do this?????

IMG-5507.jpg

I've tried every WPA you can think of. I even sold my delrin Mestizo WPA because I like this solution better? you can k-clip it to whatever you want

Pagan Zod

this is what I mean. I’m not buying their new WPA :shrug:
I’ll buy one if it’s an oven lid with a built-in WPA. No floppiness, no stuffing the WPA through a flexicone, no bottleneck, just locked on with a flexicone snapped in and ready to go. Hell yes I’d buy one of those. That is, if that ends up being the WPA solution @Sn4Pz is alluding to, of course...

nitro

I've contacted them and they just gave me a "work around" that doesn't work for me. They said that it needs new software but they aren't ready yet. Here is my email from them cut and pasted,

Not sure if I let you guys here at FC know, but my wife had used it last on pink. I had gone to sleep. She had told me it just "Went nuts and started tasting aweful". I opened it up and all the abv dark black. The screen in the flexicone I took out and tried cleaning and soaking it overnight in 99% ISO. It didn't work the screen was burned black. I certainly don't want to use it again in this condition. So I'm just waiting for when they say I can ship it back.
I‘m currently working with the same workaround and since I start at blue and work my way up, the unit works really great.

I‘m of course not thrilled about this software bug, but the communication with Jorge has been exceptional and for me this temporary fix is completely fine. I‘m just annoyed that I forgot to order the power adapter,

Kins

I‘m currently working with the same workaround and since I start at blue and work my way up, the unit works really great.

I‘m of course not thrilled about this software bug, but the communication with Jorge has been exceptional and for me this temporary fix is completely fine. I‘m just annoyed that I forgot to order the power adapter,

Workaround doesn't work on mine. I started from the beginning on pink.

Kins,

Knightsofcamelot

I would recommend trying the flexicone+. I havent enjoyed using the regular small mouthpiece, i found it really difficult to get good draws and clouds on. The flexicone+ beats it in every way in my opinion.
I tried out the flexicone+ and got much better results! This was after a heat soak on red till it timed out and went to blue a suggestion made by @guyonthecouch in a DM . It seems the seal is a lot better than the regular flexicones any tips on improving the seal with the straw mouthpiece? I felt the flavor was a little better on that one. All help has been appreciated MV family!

Razhumikin

Something weird just happened.... my unit now seems to have 7 temperatures? Idk if its a glitch or what but it seems to be working...

guyonthecouch

Workaround doesn't work on mine. I started from the beginning on pink.

Jorge from Minicap said:

sorry for the issues with the unit and thanks for your explanations.

We detected an error in the software yesterday. The unit doesn't heat
properly at green and red colors so the software protects the device
after 4 mitutes. The battery must be disconnected to reset and start the
unit again.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery to reset and start the unit again?

guyonthecouch,

Knightsofcamelot

After charging my MV yesterday it turned on with a solid white light and the controls were not working, however disconnecting and battery and reconnecting fixed it.

Is it okay to charge the battery with the core attached?

Razhumikin

After charging my MV yesterday it turned on with a solid white light and the controls were not working, however disconnecting and battery and reconnecting fixed it.

This happened to me right before I suddenly got three new temp colors, do you have the same 4 temp settings as before or do you have 7 now?
I always charge my battery separately from the core, but not for a specific reason. I imagine it cant be too harmful, except for the extra risk of toppling over the core would add.

guyonthecouch

Mine does this too (2019 software), the white light seems to be an indication that battery/core aren't making a proper connection. Not 100% but it fixes the issue when I adjust them.

Yes :tup:

Last edited:
guyonthecouch,

Razhumikin

So, I followed up with Hermes RE: my 7 temp settings, and this is what I heard back from them:

"Thanks for your question.

Since March, the limited editions include the option to choose 7 or 4 setting colors. When the unit is off (but powered with the battery or charger) by pushing the minus button, you will configure 4 or 7 colors for the next time you switch on the device. Everytime you push the minus button, the front light shows 7 colors or 4 colors.

When switching the unit on, you will be able to step in 4 or 7 colors depending on your previous configuration. One more thing... it doesn't matter if which configuration you make, the temperature settings (internal temperature of the vaporizer) for blue, pink, green and red will be the same. When the 7 points option is activated, the extra colors (teal, yellow and white) provide a middle steps between blue/pink, pink/green and green/red. So the temperature profile will be:

185 | 192 | 200 | 207 | 215 | 223 | 230ºC

Please, remember to start the unit at pink or lower... until we request you to correct the software error.

Wishing you a nice Easter,
Patricia"

So, if you have a limited edition, heads up.

Kins

Have you tried disconnecting the battery to reset and start the unit again?

Yes that works to get the device to respond when it stops responding and light turn solid. However their solution was to always start on pink or lower and that doesn't prevent the problem at all because I have started on pink or lower since I've had the unit. When the wife used it it got so hot it was scary. Like I said everything was black and the screen inside the flexicone plus was burnt permanently. I had tried soaking it overnight in 99+% ISO but not luck so I had to trash it.

Kins

That sounds like a catastrophic failure and you should get a new unit. None of my units have ever come close to getting that hot. Never heard of this happening before. :uhoh:

Thanks I wish I could get a new one. I don't think they are gonna replace it though. For now it's just a nice paperweight. No way I'm gonna use again after that. So it just sits idle because Minivap isn't ready to update the software or fix it, supposedly they will let me know when "they" are ready. Don't want to sound negative but that sounds to me like he's just blowing me off.

I'm not upset or anything, just doesn't seem right to me.

Choices

Thanks I wish I could get a new one. I don't think they are gonna replace it though. For now it's just a nice paperweight. No way I'm gonna use again after that. So it just sits idle because Minivap isn't ready to update the software or fix it, supposedly they will let me know when "they" are ready. Don't want to sound negative but that sounds to me like he's just blowing me off.

I'm not upset or anything, just doesn't seem right to me.
Did you purchase it new from Minivap? Sorry I didn’t pick up that detail reading through things....

Choices,
Top Bottom