Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

d000n

#63 checking in.
It's my first Milaana, I've had a Splinter v1+ for a while.
Surprised/not surprised there are no instructions! Even the Splinter came with a humble slip of paper with some words on it.
I'm about 6 bowls in and my jury is still out. I was really looking fwd to full on-demand vaping, but I've clearly got some dialing-in to do with technique.
If I'm not real close to charring, then there's no real cloudage -- even though effects are there and abv is spent. I'm feeling a lot of heat in throat, more than with the Splinter.
I'm also getting really stoned in the trying, btw! :nod:

edit;
I do have to say, it is quite beautifully made.

So far, you might have the highest number. When did you order yours?

Mrjamminsalmon

4-F1-BBEB5-ED45-4-AFA-938-E-BAC4-B231-DCA5.jpg

67-E564-AB-1-B7-C-4719-AE31-014-C964-F139-B.jpg

D657-DB54-E530-47-EA-A937-E21-CEC869-F0-C.jpg

BFA3-A5-C7-AA27-4-A7-B-B0-E4-4-F28-B0-AE1107.jpg

Huge thanks to Jack Thursby for helping me upload pictures. I received my Mi3 on Friday in the UK and placed my pre order on 18/8/19. This is my first Milaana and it sure is pretty! I’m really enjoying the unregulatedness of the device and after a few scorched bowls I’m starting to dial my technique in. I’ve leant the hard way about holding the button down for too long!

Last edited:

Stonedbadger

4-F1-BBEB5-ED45-4-AFA-938-E-BAC4-B231-DCA5.jpg

67-E564-AB-1-B7-C-4719-AE31-014-C964-F139-B.jpg

D657-DB54-E530-47-EA-A937-E21-CEC869-F0-C.jpg

BFA3-A5-C7-AA27-4-A7-B-B0-E4-4-F28-B0-AE1107.jpg

Huge thanks to Jack Thursby for helping me upload pictures. I received my Mi3 on Friday in the UK and placed my pre order on 18/8/19. This is my first Milaana and it sure is pretty! I’m really enjoying the unregulatedness of the device and after a few scorched bowls I’m starting to dial my technique in. I’ve leant the hard way about holding the button down for too long!

Very nice and thanks for the pics mine should arrive tomorrow!

Did you just get the two stems or others as well?

Stonedbadger,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I love the look of these. Wish I'd have gotten in on the preorder.

Ramahs,

Obsessed 2

#21 checking in. I am very much enjoying our honeymoon. Powerful heater. I was regretting my decision but no longer. The Mi3 is a welcomed addition to my crew.

Thank you, Ryan! Thank you, Cole!

Cloudy day, no editing done except for the vignette on the first pic, pics taken with Samsung S10+.

20200314-102056.jpg
20200314-103155.jpg
20200314-090812.jpg
20200314-103438.jpg
20200314-103259.jpg
20200314-103240.jpg
20200314-103240.jpg
20200314-103457.jpg

GetLeft

I'm curious to find out if the quick-to-heat signature of the Mi 3 will correlate to more sessions per cell charge. With my Mi 2 and a freshly charged cell, I start with like a 7 second button hold followed by a quick release followed by another 7 second hold before I start to draw (for roughly another 5 seconds). After around 8 hits (spread over several sessions), each requiring slightly longer button holds (7+7, 8+8, 9+9, 10+10), I'm at the point of preferring to recharge even if there's some charge left in the cell. If the Mi 3 is getting to temp quicker, perhaps more sessions per charge? 5+5, 6+6, 7+7 ,8+8, 9+9, 10+10?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm curious to find out if the quick-to-heat signature of the Mi 3 will correlate to more sessions per cell charge. With my Mi 2 and a freshly charged cell, I start with like a 7 second button hold followed by a quick release followed by another 7 second hold before I start to draw (for roughly another 5 seconds). After around 8 hits (spread over several sessions), each requiring slightly longer button holds (7+7, 8+8, 9+9, 10+10), I'm at the point of preferring to recharge even if there's some charge left in the cell. If the Mi 3 is getting to temp quicker, perhaps more sessions per charge? 5+5, 6+6, 7+7 ,8+8, 9+9, 10+10?

That should be true, my early OG Milaana (post beta) was hotter and faster than my later purpleheart and my Milaana II, which means longer battery life however also a little more manual technique involved...

funkyhomer

I think I prefer the feel of the mi3 to the mi2. Initially I was worried it wouldn’t handle well without a place for your finger under the button, but that is not an issue. It’s a bit thicker but it’s also rounder around the edges so it sits nicely in your hand. also the button is more satisfying than the mi2.

however, in the looks department the mi2 is supreme. Thicker glass, prettier wood (subjective), finish on the brass battery contact, etc

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
If I'm not real close to charring, then there's no real cloudage -- even though effects are there and abv is spent.

My exact experience. Great effects and extraction but little cloudage .

sliding the herb further up the stem and further away from the heater may be helpful. Or possibly shove a screen further up the stem and keep the basket screen lower to hold in the load and act as a bit of a heat sink.

Used stem load instead of basket screen and got better clouds and less charing. Going to try capping the bowl with the basket screen.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I don't have mine yet , but from what I am hearing it sounds like sliding the herb further up the stem and further away from the heater may be helpful. Or possibly shove a screen further up the stem and keep the basket screen lower to hold in the load and act as a bit of a heat sink. Will also give it a bit of conduction to help even out the heat? I'm just spitballin' :hmm:
My exact experience. Great effects and extraction but little cloudage .
Used stem load instead of basket screen and got better clouds and less charing. Going to try capping the bowl with the basket screen.

Encouraged by you guys and by @Obsessed 2 's gorgeous pic (the first one), I resolved to get a screen in the stem, so with some effort I did achieve that for my first time (I could really use help with that procedure, btw). So I hoovered a load in there and capped it with a rimmed screen, carried in pocket to another building and had a lovely session. Stirring helped and cloudage was much better that my earlier tries. More even abv. Stirring is no problem because there's the extra screen to hold everything in. With my rimmed loads I never stir (I rotate) because it's a mess as soon as you disturb the load.

So far, you might have the highest number. When did you order yours?
I believe it was 8/16/19. (#63). I'm waiting for the lucky #69 to ring in, unless Cole is going keep that one for himself!

I've also found that the simple 2-battery plastic boxes I have (with very minor snip-snip alteration) can hold 2 stems or 1 + battery. Okay, not a dugout, but lightweight and trim.

Dialin' it all in; the never-ending quest.

david8613

I remember in the early days of pre-order rbt said something about selling 500 units by a certain date, will the devices after 500 units have numbers stamped on the bottom? Will rbt continue putting numbers on the bottom when they start hitting the thousands? I hope so...

david8613,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New to the RBT brand. Where can I get HG2 batteries and what charger is recommended?

Yeah like RS said above, theres imr, illumn, lionwarehouse, some other online ecig and flashlight shops. LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q equally good. Nitecore D2 is nice so you can see the charge level (4.2v max, for me ~3.7v min)

Shit Snacks,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom