1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Micro-dosing

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by stressed, Nov 20, 2015.

1. stressed

stressed Well-Known Member

oddly enough, i just bought a mighty today. i read it doesn't do micro doses all that well but with the pod thing, it should be better. apparently not for you.

i have an omni vapcap and the portside heater is great. i got a mini too for some reason or other. it's great for small doses. the heaters are for those of us who got tired of using the lighters.

i have a herbalizer and i rarely use more than .05 per load. i usually use the bag but the whip is great too. i just wanted something new.

i have got to stop buying stuff. :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    ilsasta, fuby, Squiby and 1 other person like this.
  2. fuby

fuby New Member

i did not know about the portside heater that makes to vapcap alot more interesting to me personally awsome!

ilsasta, stressed and Squiby like this.
  3. ilsasta

ilsasta Well-Known Member

It definitely does, in the process of making my own one and looking forward to try this alternative. I can't wait. :drool:

ronads and Squiby like this.
  4. ronads

ronads Well-Known Member

Started new meds, vaping weed made me have straight up panic attacks which is devastating. (On a regular dose)

Tried a microdose...'literally fuck all' in the vapcap m with ti tip - Possibly 0.001 or less?

I don't get a racing heart but can enjoy my green again after a long t break.

Happy days. (Plus i've saved an inordinate amount of money! Win win!!)

5. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

What scale are you using to get measurements in the .001g range? I been getting by with a cheap digital but its reached its limit on the loads I am trying to measure, I would really appreciate a link too if you have one. Thanks

ronads likes this.
  6. analytika

analytika Well-Known Member

Not inefficient as in you don't fully extract.
    Just slow, when microdosing with pods and liquid pads

You can't really have a short session with the Mighty, when microdosing. You still have to take 4 to 6 full, generous draws. Where you'd be fully extracted at 2-3 on a Dynavap.

If you're in the mood to slow down, want smooth, velvety pulls, nothing harsh, the mighty is a pleasure for microdosing.

Do I very often? No.

7. analytika

It's doable. Don't forget the FIT.

i got parts from Amazon in 3 days, tinkered for a little over an hour. Still going strong 6 months later.

ilsasta and Ricardo like this.
  8. MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k Well-Known Member

Anyone here microdosing with dabs?,
    Im getting back to microdosing, after over-dosing for a long time lol.

I find it "possible" to microdose with dabs, but i really need to pay much attention to the amounts, since i can ruin that tolerance in one hit

9. analytika

Key is willingness to abstain for a bit if you miscalculate.

10. MegaMan2k

Yea im on a t-break right now, to really get my tolerance all the way down before beginning xD
    its just
    Micro dosing with herbal cannabis feels easier, thats what i did last time i tried out microdosing

i want to take the pure smooth hits from dabbing with me into microdosing this time, if that makes any sense.. (not that herbal cannabis is not pure and smooth, i love herbal, and will be going back to herbal if i have too little success with microdosing with concentrates)

maybe weigh out single dabs, i would love to be able to get the exact same mg of cannabinoids/terps at the exact same time every day, staying consistently medicated.

I have definitely come to a point where i dont need that high-dosage pain numbing amounts on the daily any longer. (Not that anything is wrong with that / when i was in pain i was doing the same)

I feel better mentally with just being lit up by a small dosage that inspires me, better at interacting with people and so on. (but only if i already have my tolerance cranked down for that small dosage)

AMiA, Zak McKracken, Jill NYC and 2 others like this.
  11. ronads

ronads Well-Known Member

Hey dude! I should have said that was a bit of a guess. I have a scale that goes to 0.01 and I tried to weigh it with absolutely no results.

I put on more and more and more to see how much it would take to get to 0.01 and it was a hell of a lot more.

If you do a fine grind I’d say one or two “flakes”.

Jill NYC and Mushroomturtle like this.
  12. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

I know there have been plenty of discussions about what actually constitutes a "micro-dose". I am not trying to rehash that discussion however I did want to point out something I stumbled upon yesterday. Dr. James Fadiman' explanation of microdosing in the Netflix docu "Take Your Pills". At about the 1 hour and 11 minute mark he explains that a micro dose is 1/10th to 1/20th of a full dose and you can expect no psychedelic effects. At this point of the focus they are talking about LSD and mushrooms and pills, not cannabis however I would imagine this is the more common explanation for micro-dosing in regard to the medical field. Really neat stuff about the micro-dosing of LSD and mushrooms.

Jill NYC, EverythingsHazy and ronads like this.
  13. MegaMan2k

Yes indeed, I wonder this perspective at times : A micro dose to me, could be enough to over-saturate someone else's system / receptors .
    Since we are all so very different, it is going to be hard to determine a universal micro-dose i guess,

FabulatorPoeta and Squiby like this.
  14. analytika

The technical definition of microdosing is to dose so low there are no perceptible effects. "Sub clinical". That's not how we all tend to use the term here, I believe, because cannabis' effects are perceptible (though not necessarily satisfactory) at almost any dose. Not everyone agrees.

FabulatorPoeta likes this.
  15. howie105

Thanks Ronads, looks like we are in the same boat.

16. florduh

florduh Well-Known Member

I "microdose" with oil pens/cartridges all the time. Just take one small pull at a lower wattage, then go about your day.

MegaMan2k likes this.
  17. MegaMan2k

howie105 and ronads like this.
  18. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

That’s what I was saying over a year ago, and I was attacked. Lol

I think people here like to say they are microdosing, because it feels good to believe that, whether it’s true or not. It defeats the purpose of the term, though, and makes actual microdosing discussion difficult to differentiate from just having a low tolerance and using small doses.

19. MegaMan2k

I understand, if this is the definition of microdosing, then thats not what im trying to achieve-

Im not sure i can agree with the "feels good" part, i dont see why?

To me, microdosing cannabis is about modulating my system as much as possible with as little as possible,.

edit, I can see how this contradicts the definition of microdosing already lol lol lol im sorry

analytika likes this.
  20. howie105

I now just call it low or small dosing and avoid to micro minefield.

21. florduh

florduh Well-Known Member

I guess I don't technically micro-dose.

I do use the minimum effective dose.

Jill NYC and analytika like this.
  22. analytika

Try using the smallest
    Used such a scale a few times. But learned only as much as you could from some of the images of various weighed amounts of material posted here. And once I had a feel for it, and a better association between amount, effect and tolerance, never took the scale out again.

23. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Microdosing, or micro-dosing, is a technique for studying the behaviour of drugs in humans through the administration of doses so low ("sub-therapeutic") they are unlikely to produce whole-body effects, but high enough to allow the cellular response to be studied.
    As mentioned, this term is now used with magic mushrooms or psychedelics for one new vein of microdosing.

The real/original microdosing definition relates to a more formal aspect, "phase zero" on drug development--before clinical phase 1, to to predict whether a drug is viable for the next phase of testing. Human Microdosing aims to reduce the resources spent on non-viable drugs and the amount of testing done on animals. These amounts are typically 1/10 of the normal dose.

So the recent psychedelic explorations stole the term, which is fine by me as language is alive. They use small amounts for their experiments.

IMO, many on here do microdose---take small amounts (like 1/10 a normal dose) and they do not have whole body effects.
    The dose is high enough to get cellular response yet not a whole-body effect.

I'm still calling it microdosing cannabis.
    Just like a "dab" of Bryllcream will do ya' evolved into a current dab definition, microdosing is different in different contexts.

Another definition of it is:
    Less commonly, the term "microdosing" is also used to refer to precise dispensing of small amounts of a drug substance. For example, a 0.012 g dose of cannabis???

If 1/10 of a dose of magic mushrooms is microdosing, so is a small dose of cannabis.

"Micro-dosing" = different definitions for different arenas, from formal new drug studies to recent psychedelic use to cannabis use.

It's the evolution of language, whether you like it or not. :)

24. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

Haha, no problem. That's perfectly fine. True microdosing isn't for everyone.

I suspect that it feels good to believe that you microdose, because it carries less of a "pothead" connotation, and more of a medicinal one , when you are "microdosing".
    Are you considering the smallest effective dose to be the smallest dose that produces perceptible results? If not, could you clarify that? I would consider Cannabis medically effective well below the perceptible dose levels.
    If language evolves to change the meaning of "microdose" from a medical/scientific one to casual one, how will we refer to what is currently medical microdosing? Do you have any ideas? It wouldn't make sense to just lose clarity on the issue.

25. MegaMan2k

If we looked at MY past dosages i could very easily be on 10-20x "less" now, xD

I think that is more of a prohibition based stigma with the pothead connotation there, since medical use could call for many different dosages, even very high dosages on the daily. So that would be a medical-pothead lol.. But i get where you are coming from ofc.

Also : I see that there is a bunch of people with ADHD and the likes that is able to replace their medications by doing what they themselves describe as microdosing, but it would properly not meet your scientific/medical requirements for true microdosing either, since they are going for that slight buzz where you are between high and sober,

Mushroomturtle likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors