Magical Butter

satyrday

Here's a thought: If we could somehow turn the decarb off, could we then safely use this for alcohol tinctures, or is there heat during the rest of the extraction cycle?
The safety doing that is a big unknown. What if 190 proof slopped into a crevice and hit a live wire?

Not being able to turn decarb off was a bummer for me too. I like to control that process. Kinda makes the MB1 a bit of a collectors item if you ask me (I have an MB2).

satyrday,
Reactions: grokit

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
There has to be heat all the way through so what would turning off the decarb do?

Dreamerr,

Chill

I make tincture using Everclear but the time it took killed me... i used the Green Dragon method... I ended up buying the MB2 before I had seen the warnings about the Everclear so I was hesitant but alcohol evaporates above 160° which was the temp I used for the 8 hours. it worked out great for me no problems what so ever

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I make tincture using Everclear but the time it took killed me... i used the Green Dragon method... I ended up buying the MB2 before I had seen the warnings about the Everclear so I was hesitant but alcohol evaporates above 160° which was the temp I used for the 8 hours. it worked out great for me no problems what so ever

Could you share some details about your tincture? I have yet to try making it.

How much Everclear did you use? How much herb? How much did you end up with? How did the tincture compare to what you've made in the past? Etc.

Thanks!

VapeArts,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Chill

I used 1 oz of bottom of the bag material from a few different strands 2 cups of Everclear then I added a little bit more just to make sure I was over the min line... I ended up with about 15 ozs once strained. a little was spilled so i don't think there was much evaporation if any at all. turned a very dark green like my other green Dragon batches but I felt it was much stronger and the folks who have tried it all said it was effective. I'm prescribed 4 narcos and 2 xanax a day plus take about 8 ibuprofen to help with inflammation.. since starting tincture about 18 months ago i typically make it through lunch time with out needing anything for pain and haven't taken a xanax in a while. for the next batch I was thinking of doing a water wash to eliminate some of the chlorophyll before hand... but I'm not sure how long or what temp the water should be if anyone has any experience with that please share it... I'm also thinking about coconut oil to make capsules with

Last edited:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Chill,

Did you use the 190 proof Everclear or the lesser proof version that some States are stuck with...?

Shrike,

Dreamerr

So you didn't just press the tincture or is that button 8 hours? Why do they say not to use EC in the machine? Isn't the machine closed like a pot? I don't understand why it would be dangerous. What do they suggest we make tincture with as all that stuff would be "dangerous" wouldn't it?

Dreamerr,
Reactions: grokit

Chill

the actual tincture button is set 4 hours there is an additional button that can be selected for the 8 hour setting which can be used for tincture according to the manual. they do say alcohol should be used at your own risk because of how highly flammable it is.... there are electronics on the lids portion so there is some risk if it were to spark but I figured alcohol evaporates at about 173° so if the machine stays at the temp it's supposed to then all would be good

Chill,
Reactions: VapeArts

Dreamerr

I guess I can always run an extension cord and leave it outside and if it blows it blows. I would think allllllllllllllll electronics are covered as they should be and if not then quality control sucks. I would expect that for all my kitchenware especially for something expensive. Do you think it was more of a cover your ass from the company as this is what we need it for?

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Shrike

grokit

well-worn member
They pretty much just say be careful and do it at your own risk:

tqHL5DF.jpg

My opinion is that it's safe if well-ventilated. I'll probably do it this way next time; I have both 190 everclear and some glycerine, and am wondering if I can mix them...

Last edited:

Chill

I guess I can always run an extension cord and leave it outside and if it blows it blows. I would think allllllllllllllll electronics are covered as they should be and if not then quality control sucks. I would expect that for all my kitchenware especially for something expensive. Do you think it was more of a cover your ass from the company as this is what we need it for?

I think it was definitely CYA

Dreamerr

Gee I think my book doesn't say that at all. I am gonna check whenever I get my ass out of this bed. I have vg as well as EC so let me know what you guys end up doing. I got a bunch of fresh herb I don't like so want to make something different out of it. I am fairly sure it will taste like shit though lol. I have had this machine for so long now and still haven't used it. It is that first time fear thing.

Dreamerr,

Tweek

Yeah, the manufacturer told me back in the beginning, that many use the machine for alcohol tincture, but it is an "at your own risk" endeavour.

After having mine awhile, I agree it is big, but for a decent sized batch of butter or whatnot, it does the job. You can also use the machine for other herbs, or garlic butter, etc...so you don't have to just wait until you have enough weed to make the special butter. Lots of fun stuff you can do with the machine. ;)

Dreamerr

Yea well they still won't do a pdf recipe book chickens that they are. Garlic butter sounds great...maybe I can make that first gotta find out how as always.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Yea well they still won't do a pdf recipe book chickens that they are. Garlic butter sounds great...maybe I can make that first gotta find out how as always.

Garlic butter? Just toss some chopped garlic to taste, into the melted butter in the machine (I use salted for garlic butter), run it through a cycle, and then add a tablespoon or two of lemon juice. You can also add white wine in the same amount instead of lemon juice...but that should be added before running the cycle though, to cook off the alcohol and just leave behind the flavour. Then toss in some parsley or chives if you like that sort of thing.

Pour it into a container and cool. :)

Dreamerr

Oh I want that so bad now....next time I go to the store I will buy fresh garlic. So use one pound of butter or do I need two to make the min line. Oh yea buy fresh parsley and chives too. Yes, I had to write it or it didn't go in my head. Hmmm wine yep will do that as well. So the greens go in after it is done then. I just chuck the sticks in with the garlic, wine, and greens and done............? Tweek the master:). I like this better then the herb lol. I guess I can do olive oil the same way?

Dreamerr,

Tweek

Oh I want that so bad now....next time I go to the store I will buy fresh garlic. So use one pound of butter or do I need two to make the min line. Oh yea buy fresh parsley and chives too. Yes, I had to write it or it didn't go in my head. Hmmm wine yep will do that as well. So the greens go in after it is done then. I just chuck the sticks in with the garlic, wine, and greens and done............? Tweek the master:). I like this better then the herb lol. I guess I can do olive oil the same way?

As long as you hit the minimum line, you are good. You could add water, and then separate, but I find that dilutes the flavour. The parsley and chives, I would add after it's been cooked, as they are delicate. You can also do Olive oil, but don't use extra virgin as it will burn.

grokit

well-worn member
You don't even have to peel or chop the garlic, the machine will do it and it gets strained later, but you could also buy peeled cloves because the peels could cause bitterness. Garlic cloves are pretty easy to peel with a little technique anyways. @Dreamerr, each stick of butter is 1/2 cup.

Dreamerr

Make me do this tweek as I have nothing to loose please. I will let you know when I go to the store. I don't want to separate so how much butter you think I need to get to that min line or should I just use a shitload of wine lmfao.

EDIT: For garlic butter I had no intentions of straining...I have that garlic in the fridge that comes chopped I can use that but I think I prefer fresh. I will peel as i don't want to eat peels but bits yummy.

Dreamerr,

Tweek

Yeah, get the fresh garlic, as the pre-chopped has an off taste. Grokit is correct, the machine will chop for you, but I would take off the peels personally. I leave the garlic in the butter, as it's the best part.

Tweek,
Reactions: ou812?

Dreamerr

Perfect..........I am gonna call my lady and see if she went shopping yet so I don't have to go. If I do have to go I will go on tuesday. I am very heavy on garlic so tweek since you the cook how many heads? I would put the whole bulb personally unless you think that is to much.

Dreamerr,

grokit

well-worn member
Yeah I never buy the chopped stuff in the jar because I make my own. I get the fresh peeled cloves, they rock for roasting in a skillet. You get roasted garlic cloves that you can use or puree for soups and sauces, and garlic oil for saute's. I also put a bunch of the cloves through a chopper and some evoo and jar it myself, the stuff never goes bad that way because of all the antioxidants and it's always handy.

grokit,

Dreamerr

I tried to chop my own and put it in oil years ago and it went bad fast so I don't know what I did wrong but it wasn't good. This is way more exciting to me then herbs lol. I love good food and infused butter and oil is perfect.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom