1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Loto Legend

Discussion in 'Upcoming and Unreleased Plug-in Vaporizers' started by duff, Nov 29, 2018.

1. duff

duff Well worn

Because the Lux/Evoke rollout went so smoothly...

LOTO LEGEND
    THE ULTIMATE INDUCTION DAB RIG
    With the highest-quality components and design, Legend combines form and function to provide the world’s fastest, easiest, most elegant dabbing experience. Unleash the taste and potency of plant extracts like never before. Fast, easy, safe.
    $499
    2-Year Warranty · Free Delivery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  2. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

What’s the price on this bad boy? Is it actually produced or just in prototype stages?

KeroZen likes this.
  3. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

And then you can go to parties wearing your fancy briefcase! :rofl:

[​IMG]

VaporWare, duff, Summer and 2 others like this.
  4. Lazy Lighting

Lazy Lighting Well-Known Member

It's $500....

5. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

You guys ready for Round 2?

:popcorn:

6. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

That's ridiculous lol that case looks so huge. The device looks like something a jug band might use. I don't use much concentrate anyway, so they didn't make this for me

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  7. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Meh this company has already shown who they are. pass.

KeroZen and Diggy Smalls like this.
  8. PaperClouds

PaperClouds Well-Known Member

That's like if Nikola Tesla's less talented cousin designed a vape.

The Beagle and KeroZen like this.
  9. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

I think it's ready and not a prototype anymore. I was in contact with LotoLabs about the Lux's mod I use with some success AND about this Legend Induction Rig. I'm expecting to be able to review it here soon... maybe.

My contact told me they are aware of the Lux's issues and decided the Legend move learning the lessons of the Lux "fail" .

Can I add they told me a lot of IG supporters never replied to the adress confirmation email, so, if you supported the IG campaign and never got the Lux you can try to contact them....

I'm not affiliated or payed by Lotolabs, I supported their IG campaign and received the 2 Lux I payed for. They offered me to post about my mod in their blog, I will be not payed, I'm trying to know if I can find somewhere the right parts on the net to make my mod easily repeatable.

ModNote: Sorry but I just realized half of my post might to be posted in the Lux's thread!

KeroZen and Jill NYC like this.
  10. Slagzord

Slagzord Don't fuckle with shuckle

1. This is not a portable unit as it relies on a power supply without the ability to move. :( I petition this be moved to the desktop section, which the unit cannot do;
    2. This unit's price, with lack of portability in mind, is kind of egregious. There is no battery or anything. It should probably be priced more similar to the Switch, perhaps even a bit lower given the lack of a battery probably drops the price considerably;
    3. This unit actually looks cool. I really like the faux leather and bong styling. It is very sleek and I would totally keep it assembled on a shelf for viewing purposes;
    4. The use videos actually looked like it offered decent performance for what it is and I would like to try it very much, but cannot justify paying for it to act in addition to my collection of pens and my Liger/FP equipped enail.

So, all in, I would love to try this unit, but cannot justify paying the present $500USD price for this. The performance looks spot on and again, would love to try it, but the pricing is somewhat out of bounds. If Loto Labs wanted to get in touch with me and offer a discounted unit or something, I would be more than happy to offer an unbiased review ;)

duff likes this.
  11. duff

duff Well worn

Egads!
    It's not portable and still $500.
    My bad. I assumed it must be based on the price.

It does look handsome.

12. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I'm never going to do business with these guys, it would be silly IMO based on their truly hideous track record.

13. jollyjoint

jollyjoint New Member

I saw this on YouTube (found this forum looking for reviews.) There's only a few videos of people using it but it seems to hit well. The videos have discount codes for $150 off which makes it a little more affordable but even $350 is a little steep for me right now. Anyone try it or know anyone who tried it yet?

PPN and Jill NYC like this.
  14. BayAreaVapologist

BayAreaVapologist New Member

If loto labs is willing to trade me their failed loto luxs device for one of these, I may give a try. However, at this point, I'm so exhausted in dealing with them for the last 4 years, my patience has ran dry. Neeraj and his team can kiss my ass and he can shove this legend up his own.

Manity likes this.
  15. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

The Legend reached my home. After some initial user mistakes I was able to get some low temp dabs, I have to work on higher t° now.
    The unit itself is a nice looking tool imho. It's not easy to set temp since there is 2 main colors from blue (colder) to red (hotter) with some different sort of purple in between.

Not my review but initial impressions are not so bad even if I'm stoked to see you are dabbing directly from the hot stainless steel "susceptor" I found the taste to be pretty good at low temp (although I can't speak myself as a "connoisseur" for dabbing cause I use a cheap enail with a cheap quartz nail), as good as my enail at 490-510°F. Retail price seems overestimated for me but this is the case about a lot of dabbing tools imo.

After unboxing you have to complete the glass airpath inside the unit to prevent breaks while shipping. Everything was sparkly clean except the 2 small silicone jars covered by dust.

More to come with pics!

ps: Is somebody know if Titane might be induction heated?

Jill NYC likes this.
  16. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

@PPN So for 500 you get to dab off stainless steel ? Stainless steel is safe at vaping temps and above but it oxidizes with time and especially when in contact with acidic subtances. At least i hope they threw in a dozen or are avaiable for cheap as a replacement.. Personally i dont mind vaporizing off mesh pads ,taste is not bad but all glass/quartz is much better IMO and for variety of other reasons.
    Have you tried cleaning yours yet ? Is there a self cleaning mode ?

PPN and KeroZen like this.
  17. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

This is for suckers. It looks like it should be under $100. Check out this company's background before sending money.

Manity likes this.
  18. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

User manual doesn't mention a self cleaning mode although it can heat until the "susceptor" glows, under normal use it doesn't glow at all (power on, dab,inhale, power off and clear).

I can carb cap with my hand with success.

I agree dabbing from stainless steel doesn't seems good for a so expensive unit. They mention a incomiing App and a bluetooth connectivity (I don't understand the purpose since there is basically no heating time/delay), maybe the App will offer some features cause, for now, it's very basic.

More to come...

19. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Maybe the app will have a carb cap function.:shrug:

:peace:

duff, Abysmal Vapor and PPN like this.
  20. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

It's a shame it doesn't comes with a carb cap but I will find one which fits cause it's needed in order to get thick low temp hits.

I understand and agree with all the angry and disappointments around the Loto Lux fail. I'll try to don't forget that and the high pricepoint while testing the Legend!

Although I just took a few dabs and, so nice, they was pretty tasty and got some bigger clouds. Remenber I'm not a dabbing "connoisseur" and only used Ti and Quartz with my G9 enail but I'm thinking it taste better than my Ti setup and can compare to my quartz setup... others might disagree though..

It's annoying the target is very small since you have to put the dab directly in the tiny susceptor, it happened a few times my dabber (the one included is ceramic so it doesn't heat when you insert it in the induction heated area) sticks on the glass wall before to reach the target... and got some tiny leaks since the concentrates who sticks here will drip along the wall of the susceptor holder and can reach the holes until the vaporpath(although this is not a big deal to clean since all the airpath/vaporpath is glass and cleanable (except the susceptor which is stainless steel).
    Another flaw, it's supposed to blink while heating and to be solid while ready although I noticed you have to dab directly without to wait for the solid light. There is no automatic shut-off and with time the susceptor can glow red (it seems there is an over heat stop feature but I never experienced it. Last is the first time you power the unit on it doesn't heat at all... so ytou have to power it off/on again and everything is running well.

The top water tool and removeable from a build in unit (but removeable I think) 18mm male glass joint is basically a bit more sophisticated mini hydratube (around 20cm height) connected to the induction "bowl" by a U shaped glass tube using silicon gromets to stay in place (silicon is outside the vaporpath. It's nice cause you can use your own hydratubes or a dry mouthpiece or even a whip.

More to come...

21. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

@PPN Yes titanium can be heated by condution. This is how dr dabber operates if i am not wrong ,it has quartz or ceramic cups sitting inside a titanium one ,which is heated by conduction.

PPN likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors