Looking for a quality vaporizer!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Personnaly I think you might to consider more about to get a desktop....and get the Vapcap for outside use if you want too. Most desktops are totally idiot proof and easy to use, 100% efficient and without any learning curve we can speak about. VapCap is nice but there is definitly a learning curve, even for an experienced vaporist...... like me :D!

Squiby

How long do you guys tend to use caps before getting bew ones?

How long would I use my Vapcap before getting a new one?

Well. There ARE beautiful and I enjoy adding to my collection. The Vapcap is fully modular so you can change out bodies and stems, condensers and mouthpieces to suit your mood or intended function. I like getting new Vapcap components all the time...:clap:

How long will my Vapcap last?

The OG Vapcap, the all glass model is fragile due to the delicate brittle nature of glass. If you drop, it will likely break.

The Titanium tipped Vapcaps are very durable since the main components are metal. But the bodies are wood and could be cracked if say, you ran over it with a truck.

The all metal mostly titanium Omnivap is considered indestructible.

The Vapcap is the vaporizer that will get you through a power outage, and off grid situation. It does not require a "specific" lighter or heating fuel. It will work when all other vapes fail.

I plan on passing mine on to the next generation. My Vapcaps should last a lifetime.

Last edited:

Joaon

I will second @Squiby, @PPN and others on this thread!
Get a (some!) Vapcap!
Really amazing, great high (or stone!) from very little amounts !
I use my Ti brassy S when out and about or at work,
and Ti Vong S on a bubbler at home, even if I have a desktop vaporizer !
It is a real pleasure to use, the ritual is priceless :)

I would also suggest to get at least two vaporizers, as they all have their propper signature ;)

As desktop, I would recommend the Herborizer Ti :luv:
vaporisateur-icetube-ti.jpg

http://shop.herborizer.com/en/

Or a volcano.
Or a log ..
You understood it, everyone has his own preferences, but the Vapcap seems to gather many of us

:ninja:

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Although I agree with many here, I'll add 2 for your consideration; a pax3 and a grasshopper.

I have a pax2 and it's a solid, reliable, well built vape from another great company. And the pax3 has vastly improved heat up time and a concentrate canister.

And I just love my grasshopper.

How about one of these + a vapcap?

IceMann997

Are these the pictures that you are referring to?
Plain titanium
IMG_20150729_101703596_zpsjsqtd7vj.jpg

Colored titanium
IMG_20150729_103028929_zps9gin1haj.jpg

IMG_20150729_103654724_zpsxujbatyu.jpg

IMG_20150729_103811407_zps0nuyd2n0.jpg

These are not discolored tips from heating the Vapcap within normal temperatures and inhaling the vapors.

These pics show that titanium could be anodized permanently as a aesthetic choice. If you bought a Vapcap and asked them to anodized the titanium because you prefer the look of the colors, I imagine they would customize it for you. But this process would result in a permanent coloration and heating the vapcap for herb vaporization use would not result in any titanium fumes burning off. It's not a coating.

If you heated your vaporizer, any vaporizer, to the extreme high temps necessary to anodized the metal, you would certainly combust your weed way, way, before your metal would ever anodized. You just don't vape weed at those temps. Your weed would be a tiny pile of ash.

If you heated a Vapman vaporizer to those extremes, for example, you would burn wood middle section to the point that you would be inhaling the natural resins present in the wood. If you did this to a Lotus you would burn a hole through the thin cap.

True, lighters can get very hot and can reach extreme temps. But in reality, we are talking about heating a tip for a few seconds to reach a few hundred degrees, rather than holding holding a lighter to it for an extended period of time in order to reach those extreme high temps and anodized metal.

When you heat a Vapcap, you heat the tip momentarily, then you shut off the lighter and then toke. No metal vapors or butane vapors are present.

It's like putting an empty pot on your stove element on high for a couple hours and asking if that would damage or discoloration the metal. The answer is yes. And there would likely be all kinds of fumes produced. But why would you do that? It does not represent the intended use of the product.
I understand what you are saying. However, even though the herb isnt combusting, that doesnt mean that the outside of the cap doesn't get extremely hot from the high temperatures of the lighter. The heat just simply transfers and cools down along the way into the inside where it vaporizers the herb. Thus, it seems possible that the metal (stainless or titanium i dont know what the cap is) can release particulates like chromium and nickel...

IceMann997,

Squiby

I decided to just buy the vapcap and It's on it's way right now! Is the cap that is heated up titanium?

The cap is stainless steel. The tip (herb chamber) is titanium. The OG model has an all glass body and tip. I think that any off gassing from heating the cap and tip would be present at a much grater level in things like cookware, frying pans etc. that are heated to much much higher temps.

Two metal discs are sandwiched inside the top of the cap. When the discs are heated to a certain temperature, they buckle, creating a clicking sound, indicating that the Vapcap is ready to toke.

Enjoy your Vapcap!!!

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

The cap is stainless steel. The tip (herb chamber) is titanium. The OG model has an all glass body and tip. I think that any off gassing from heating the cap and tip would be present at a much grater level in things like cookware, frying pans etc. That are heated to much much higher temps.

Two metal discs are sandwiched inside the top of the cap. When the discs are heated to a certain temperature, they buckle, creating a clicking sound, indicating that the Vapcap is ready to toke.

Enjoy your Vapcap!!!
Is that true about cookware being heated to higher temperatures? I thought the temp reached by torch lighters was very high. I just haven't seen/read temperature comparisons between the two sources.

Mr. Me2,

Squiby

I thought the temp reached by torch lighters was very high.

Sure, torch lighters reach very high temps, but the Vapcap is only heated for a few seconds. If you overheated a Vapcap by heating it for an extended period, like a minute, you would damage the cap.

Is that true about cookware being heated to higher temperatures?

It is with my cooking.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Is that true about cookware being heated to higher temperatures? I thought the temp reached by torch lighters was very high. I just haven't seen/read temperature comparisons between the two sources.
You would have to get the cap glowing orange-yellow hot to start producing anything harmful.

When metal gets hot enough to off gas you'll be able to see it fuming. I know because I'm a blacksmith and certified to fit masks for welders.

Last edited:

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
Thank you for the recommendations! I am sorry I didn't specify earlier what kind of vape I was looking for, I knew I forgot something lol...:lol:
I am honestly open to anything whether it be butane powered, battery powered, portable, desktop, etc.
It would be used with herbs mostly, but I am also open to one that does just concentrates or both.
I would use the unit a few times a day at home or away (depending on all of my options) by myself.
Either a session, or just a few hits at a time works perfectly fine as I enjoy both.
The amount of herb I tend to use is .2 - .5 grams, although anything below or above that is okay just as long as it fulfills the requirements stated earlier!
The Vapcap, Mighty, and log vapes seem like good choices! However, I am just concerned about the Vapcap titanium tip. I have seen alot of pictures where the titanium seems to be oxidized from all of the heating, and turns blue or orange-yellow. I know that Titanium Dioxide forms when titanium oxidizes, and I just want to make sure I don't inhale those vapors!
Take a look at the HAZE DUAL V3. Has everything your looking for. :nod:

ShovelHead,

IceMann997

Well i suppose so. Is it okay to wash the cap with water though, or would that make the steel oxidize? I got the glass vapcap.

IceMann997,

Joaon

@IceMann997 : As the cap is made in Stainless steel, I assume it wouldn't oxidize, so sure you can wash it though water ! Just be gentle, it bend easily if you press strongly ! ;)
Wishing you all goods with your OG VapCap ! :tup:

StRaNgEcLoUdS

if your looking for a desktop then the Evo hands down
portable id say the Mighty vapcap or sb jr.

StRaNgEcLoUdS,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Invest in a good log vape. There are a few to choose from. You can buy one for around $200. You would have enough leftover to buy a nice portable. The log vape's body is made of wood and the inside is made with stainless steel.
I have 2 Enanos and will soon be buying a Woodscents from @Ed's TnT in a couple months. I have an EVO but use my Enano more - just preference is all. Nothing wrong with the EVO a heavy hitter. I save the EVO for late at night but we are all different.

You should check out the Milaana portable vaporizer. I love mine. It is also made of wood. Have you looked into the Grasshopper portable? It's fairly new. Don't buy one through the company because it would take too long. Vapefiend sells the GH.

Personally for me I like the Solo. A very dependable vaporizer. I've had mine for 3 1/2 years. The battery can be replaced easily by the owner for $45. Some folks don't appreciate her like I do. I own several vaporizers and my Solo is still in rotation.

Some units that I have I've put away in a drawer and get out once and a while. I usually will give a vaporizer away to a friend rather than sell them. I want others to vaporize and be healthier for it. I like spreading the good word. Always remember to Fuckcombustion.

Last edited:

little maggie

I agree with CarolKing. Log vapes don't show up much on sites selling vapes but they are simple, unbreakable and very attractive. I have the underdog and enano logs and both are excellent. The underdog thread is often visited by the makers and they are very responsive. Ed's log is likely to be the best because he has a track record of making beautiful products in wood. Having said that my main vape is the milaana.

IceMann997

That doesn't seem like a bad idea! I looked up the e-nano and it looks like a great vaporizer (:. Maybe I'll add it to my selection. :brow: Out of curiosity though, what do you guys think about the magic flight launch box? Is it a good vape, and does it have the qualities im looking for?

IceMann997,

howie105

That doesn't seem like a bad idea! I looked up the e-nano and it looks like a great vaporizer (:. Maybe I'll add it to my selection. :brow: Out of curiosity though, what do you guys think about the magic flight launch box? Is it a good vape, and does it have the qualities im looking for?

What are you looking for?

howie105,

natural farmer

In my humble opinion MFLB is not a good vaporizer. So many things wrong with it. It took me into vaporizing though and was much much better than smoking. It really changed my life in more than one ways. But it's not a good vape... Most vaporizers in the market right now perform much much better.

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
In my humble opinion MFLB is not a good vaporizer. So many things wrong with it. It took me into vaporizing though and was much much better than smoking. It really changed my life in more than one ways. But it's not a good vape... Most vaporizers in the market right now perform much much better.
I agree with Natural Farmer on the MFLB :mflb:, there's definitely a learning curve with it. But you can not beat the warranty.

natural farmer

I agree with Natural Farmer on the MFLB :mflb:, there's definitely a learning curve with it. But you can not beat the warranty.
Yeah, I wasn't talking about the learning curve but hell yeah, so many people never made it sing well. But if you learn to fly with the Box then all future vapes will be like a kids toy!
Warranty is the only nice thing about it really. And that it's beautiful and small. I have vaped inside an airport with it!
Other than that it gets very dirty with no option for cleaning it properly, the whole house can stink from it, batteries don't last long and you have to carry a few with you, taste can range from superb to gross and there is a very fine line between those extremes, vapor is harsh and hot, it takes too long to finish a bowl, needs a lot of shaking to vape evenly and that is not stealthy at all and that's it I think.... YMMV of course.

Top Bottom