Looking for a non toxic vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex314

I'm new in the forum so Hi Everybody :-)

I want to buy my first Vape, but I'm looking for a model that does not have a metal, plastic or ceramic piece in contact with the hot air flow that I will inhale, for me this is very important, because I think most of these materials, when heated, left particles in the air and I consider it's risky for my health in the long term. (*)

Also the vape should cost around 100 US dollars, and should let me get one or two shots without wasting bud (bud is VERY expensive were I live).

My first take was the Vaporstar but it uses a steel cap as heating element, and I think it will left toxic particles when heated.

Any suggestion will be very welcome.

(*) If the company can give me a good explanation of why they product don't release other particles than vapor in the air flow, I would accept that. But I didn't find that warranty anywhere...

alex314,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Around $100 for an all glass experience? No chance :ninja:

If you're REALLY serious about this, a Vriptech VHW + Custom glass bowl + GonG bong will provide a 100% all glass experience.

Way over your budget though.

Chubba,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Not neccesarily chubba. I think a glass vapor genie would be a good contender here. Around 89 I think and all glass vapor path. Check it out on the forums with the search button alex. I'm pretty sure there's a thread about them somewhere on fc.

wowthisisrandom,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
What about the all glass Vapor Genie, would that be a possibility?

I'm a big fan of the Magic Flight Launch Box, and it's in your price range. :D

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
The Vapolution, with optional AIW bowl, has an all glass vapor path. And you'd have to find a real deal to get both for $150.

max,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Not neccesarily chubba. I think a glass vapor genie would be a good contender here. Around 89 I think and all glass vapor path. Check it out on the forums with the search button alex. I'm pretty sure there's a thread about them somewhere on fc.
It has a ceramic element and a metal screen... which don't bother me in the slightest but the OP was quite specific.

The Vapolution, with optional AIW bowl, has an all glass vapor path. And you'd have to find a real deal to get both for $150.
Great suggestion Max, I totally forgot about this unit.

Is this setup 100% glass airpath or does it have a screen?

Chubba,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
If you think ceramic is dangerous you might as well give up right now. Ceramic can withstand far higher temperatures than glass and chemically is just as inert.

You could get an all glass Ubie for under $100. But you won't find any happy owners here.

Are you worried about toxins in your herb? Unless you grow your own and know exactly what goes in and on it from start to finish, I'd say that's much more likely.

Life is full of risks. If you've ever been around car exhaust you've been exposed to all kinds of toxins. There are plenty of toxins like formaldehyde slowly spewing out of the carpets and materials in your house. Ceramic and stainless steel should be the least of your worries.

:2c:

vtac,

stinkmeaner

vtac said:
If you think ceramic is dangerous you might as well give up right now. Ceramic can withstand far higher temperatures than glass and chemically is just as inert.

You could get an all glass Ubie for under $100. But you won't find any happy owners here.

Are you worried about toxins in your herb? Unless you grow your own and know exactly what goes in and on it from start to finish, I'd say that's much more likely.

Life is full of risks. If you've ever been around car exhaust you've been exposed to all kinds of toxins. There are plenty of toxins like formaldehyde slowly spewing out of the carpets and materials in your house. Ceramic and stainless steel should be the least of your worries.

Good post. It bothers me to no end reading posts like this from paranoid people thinking they are going to get poisoned from a vaporizer, it's not going to happen.

Whats next? Are they going to search high and low for a coffee maker that has a "All glass percolating path"

stinkmeaner,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
stinkmeaner said:
vtac said:

Good post. It bothers me to no end reading posts like this from paranoid people thinking they are going to get poisoned from a vaporizer, it's not going to happen.

Whats next? Are they going to search high and low for a coffee maker that has a "All glass percolating path"
Amen

*Edit* to be fair there are some units out there that I would be wary of toxins. The one with the soldering iron and a brass cap covered with an upside down fishbowl comes to mind.

Bruce@Zephyr,

FEAR420

Maybe you should save your vaporizer money & buy a bubble to live in since youre so worried about toxins..... :2c:

FEAR420,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
FEAR420 said:
Maybe you should save your vaporizer money & buy a bubble to live in since youre so worried about toxins..... :2c:
Perhaps, but what if that bubble were made of plastic that leeched toxins into my secure environment?

Bruce@Zephyr,

FEAR420

Bruce@Zephyr said:
FEAR420 said:
Perhaps, but what if that bubble were made of plastic that leeched toxins into my secure environment?
Ummmm.....you dont really want MY answer to that do you? :lol:

FEAR420,

Raf007

Retailer
stinkmeaner said:
C'mon we can understand them, combusting is so healthy !!:uhoh:

Raf007,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
it's not that simple ... it appears to depend on the type of ceramic and how it's made. a google on ceramic toxicity gives a lot to research and if i was using ceramic i'd spend the time to decide this issue for myself ... or at least be sure of the supplier and the processes used.

it's nice these discussion come up every now and then ... reinforces the choices i have made in my design of the Bud Toaster.

Hippie Dickie,

lwien

Comon' guys. Let's not give Alex such a hard time here. The fact is, is that all toxins have a cumulative affect and everyone has a different tolerance as to what they want or don't want to add to that cumulative toxin total, regardless how small that may be. What may seem unreasonably cautious to some may make perfect sense to someone else. It's that risk/reward ratio thing, and everyone has to decide what is right for them.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
There were two ways for this controversial thread to go. Since affordable glass path vapes have been suggested, and the posts seem to have taken the path of materials safety, which is not the thread topic, or an appropriate topic for this section, the thread is closed, especially since the OP seems to be MIA. :/

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom