• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Long term effects from pesticides & chemicals in street weed?

grokit

well-worn member
Sorry Pak, I get carried away sometimes. I don't mean to offend, but I'm pretty passionate about this particular issue. I spent a few years on the garden island, and have close friends and relatives there that are directly involved with the GMO backlash; hawaii seems to be the front line of the fight against these poisons.

The fact is that GMOs and pesticides are part of the same conversation, now that monsanto has engineered pesticide (roundup/sodium glyphosate) tolerance, as well as the pesticide itself right into the vast majority of our food crops. This amounts to a declared war on the human race, as well as the environment.

"Pesticides have never been tested for safety in children -- or women, for that matter. And because children are small and their systems still developing, the impact of pesticides is far greater for kids. In fact, both the American Academy of Pediatrics and the 2008-2009 President's Cancer Panel strongly recommend reducing children's exposure to pesticides.

Which brings us back to GMOs. The two most common genetic modifications include increasing a plant's tolerance to high doses of herbicides, and introducing a bacteria gene that gives plants the ability to produce their own insecticides. Do you really want your kids to be eating that?

Unfortunately, at this point it's hard to know what your family is eating: Despite the fact that 64 other nations label GMOs and 93% of Americans want GMO labeling , there is currently no way to know if our foods contain GMO ingredients. What we do know is that 75% of the foods on supermarket shelves contain GMOs, which are also in 85% of our corn and 91% of our soybeans"

And there are legitimate concerns that soros/monsanto will do the same thing to marijuana, in fact they are already working on it. If anybody can change mj from a medicine to a poison, it's these guys!

Roundup works by exploding the stomach of the insect, and unfortunately has a horrible effect on animals and human beings. "Roundup ready" crops are engineered to take on the roundup pesticide without dying. That pesticide gets passed right on to to whoever consumes these crops, and sodium glyphosate is not fit for human or animal consumption. Despite this, monsanto and the like has done this to 75-80% of our food.

"Genetically modified food is created by inserting genes and DNA from one species into another species. Mutations can occur during this process, or can occur later when totally unrelated species are able to reproduce. The process transfers genes across natural barriers. Native genes can be altered in harmful ways, causing them to overproduce an allergen or carcinogen. Biologist David Schubert claims that “genetic engineering defies natural breeding, and there is no way to assure the result won’t be a deadly Andromeda Strain.”

Animals fed GM products in laboratory settings developed a wide range of health issues. Rats had smaller livers, hearts, testicles and brains. Their immune systems did not develop normally and they showed negative changes in their white blood cells that would make them more susceptible to infection and disease. Mice ingesting Bt corn, which contains a pesticide gene to make plants resistant to insects, had abnormal and excessive cell growth. Studies of livestock fed or exposed to genetically modified products showed stunted growth, bleeding stomachs, precancerous cell growth in the intestines, and misshapen cell structures in several different organs. What happens in the laboratory rat or mouse also happens in our bodies when we consume GM plant or animal products.

Animals can detect GM food and will refuse to eat it. Deer will avoid GM food plots if another food source is available. One report states that geese that annually visit a farm in Illinois moved to a different location rather than eat genetically modified soybeans."

If you look into it, you will find that almost of the studies that suggest that glyphosate and modified food consumption are safe have been funded (and even administered) by monsanto themselves.

However, studies done by damn near everyone else have come up with much different results, finding that GMOs/glyphosate can cause: cell damage, cancer, non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Parkinson's disease, infertility, and many other diseases, and can add further complications to existing ones. Personally I am against the deliberate poisoning of the human race, even when it's being subsidized by the world's sole imperialistic superpower. Imo it's not enough to just try avoid GMOs in my own diet, the truth needs to be set free.

So in that spirit, here's some more truth:

GMOs: The Pesticide Connection
Genetically modified food - Wikipedia
***Monsanto's Dirty Dozen | GMO Awareness***
Studies show genetically modified foods are not safe
WHO | 20 questions on genetically modified foods
Beer Health: Your Beer Could Be Killing You
Weed-Whacking Herbicide Proves Deadly to Human Cells
How Glyphosate Worsens Modern Diseases
Governments Ignore Definitive Proof that Monsanto's Roundup
Genetically Modified Foods Position Paper:: The American Academy
Is Genetically Modified Food Safe for Consumption?
5 Surprising Genetically Modified Foods
Manipulating Marijuana: Monsanto and Syngenta Invest In RNA
Monsanto prepares to build legal medical marijuana empire
Monsanto Marijuana Initiative Grows in Uruguay?

:worms::hmm::(:tinfoil::disgust:

Last edited:

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Sorry Pak, I get carried away sometimes. I don't mean to offend, but I'm pretty passionate about this particular issue. I spent a few years on the garden island, and have close friends and relatives there that are directly involved with the GMO backlash; hawaii seems to be the front line of the fight against these poisons.

The fact is that GMOs and pesticides are part of the same conversation, now that monsanto has engineered pesticide (roundup/sodium glyphosate) tolerance right into our food crops.

And there are legitimate concerns that soros/monsanto will do the same thing to marijuana, in fact they are already working on it. If anybody can change mj from a medicine to a poison, it's these guys!

Roundup works by exploding the stomach of the insect, and unfortunately has a horrible effect on animals and human beings. "Roundup ready" crops are engineered to take on the roundup pesticide without dying. That pesticide gets passed right on to to whoever consumes these crops, and sodium glyphosate is not fit for human or animal consumption. Despite this, monsanto and the like has done this to 80% of our food supply.

"Genetically modified food is created by inserting genes and DNA from one species into another species. Mutations can occur during this process, or can occur later when totally unrelated species are able to reproduce. The process transfers genes across natural barriers. Native genes can be altered in harmful ways, causing them to overproduce an allergen or carcinogen. Biologist David Schubert claims that “genetic engineering defies natural breeding, and there is no way to assure the result won’t be a deadly Andromeda Strain.”

Animals fed GM products in laboratory settings developed a wide range of health issues. Rats had smaller livers, hearts, testicles and brains. Their immune systems did not develop normally and they showed negative changes in their white blood cells that would make them more susceptible to infection and disease. Mice ingesting Bt corn, which contains a pesticide gene to make plants resistant to insects, had abnormal and excessive cell growth. Studies of livestock fed or exposed to genetically modified products showed stunted growth, bleeding stomachs, precancerous cell growth in the intestines, and misshapen cell structures in several different organs. What happens in the laboratory rat or mouse also happens in our bodies when we consume GM plant or animal products.

Animals can detect GM food and will refuse to eat it. Deer will avoid GM food plots if another food source is available. One report states that geese that annually visit a farm in Illinois moved to a different location rather than eat genetically modified soybeans."

If you look into it, you will find that almost of the studies that suggest that glyphosate and modified food consumption are safe have been funded (and even administered) by monsanto themselves.

However, studies done by damn near everyone else have come up with much different results, finding that GMOs/glyphosate can cause: cell damage, cancer, non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Parkinson's disease, infertility, and many other diseases, and can add further complications to existing ones. Personally I am against the deliberate poisoning of the human race, even when it's being subsidized by the world's sole imperialistic superpower. Imo it's not enough to just try avoid GMOs in my own diet, the truth needs to be set free.

So in that spirit, here's some more truth:

GMOs: The Pesticide Connection
Genetically modified food - Wikipedia
***Monsanto's Dirty Dozen | GMO Awareness***
Studies show genetically modified foods are not safe
WHO | 20 questions on genetically modified foods
Beer Health: Your Beer Could Be Killing You
Weed-Whacking Herbicide Proves Deadly to Human Cells
How Glyphosate Worsens Modern Diseases
Governments Ignore Definitive Proof that Monsanto's Roundup
Genetically Modified Foods Position Paper:: The American Academy
Is Genetically Modified Food Safe for Consumption?
5 Surprising Genetically Modified Foods
Manipulating Marijuana: Monsanto and Syngenta Invest In RNA
Monsanto prepares to build legal medical marijuana empire
Monsanto Marijuana Initiative Grows in Uruguay?

:worms::hmm::(:tinfoil::disgust:

Couldn't agree more. W/ the damage caused by gmo's, it's hard not to consider them just another toxin. Millions of people aren't attempting to seek healthier lifestyles just because they are tree huggers. When some try to place the blame on 'street dealers' (like most are copping a dime bag off some tweaker in the hood?) and pretend gov controlled disps are going to be so much safer for us, it's important to note the total disregard and lack of concern for human life that most gov's exhibit in this area. Many of the chemicals most of us don't want in our medicine would be completely legal, cheaper and easier to use for growers supplying disps.

I think this thread has evolved to be more inclusive of potential dangers associated w/ our meds - beyond what many typically think about. Obviously there are some that care.

DOOM

I tried looking on weedmaps and it seems all the tested bud is testing to see THC% and none of them test of pesticides, toxins, etc...

Looking for a good organic dispensary in orange or los angeles county.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Yeah test
I tried looking on weedmaps and it seems all the tested bud is testing to see THC% and none of them test of pesticides, toxins, etc...

Looking for a good organic dispensary in orange or los angeles county.

Testing for pesticides, mold, etc is still pretty new to disps. We just hit the law that requires it here. Here is a local news story on it:

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/01/medical_marijuana_in_oregon_te.html

It's good and bad. Many growers can't or won't reform and the disps want the grower to eat the costs of testing. The only way the testing would mean anything, imo, is if the disp did it themselves. Otherwise what would stop a grower from obtaining a test certificate and giving the disp whatever they want? pretty tough to match paperwork to a flower. Also, there aren't great guidelines for testing with this new process yet. It's a 1st step anyhow, and hopefully will improve.

The last line of the article says it all: "There is only so much the consumer is willing to pay in Oregon." People around here w/ limited hookups don't want to pay more than $250/oz for fantastic nugs. $200/oz is top dollar for me, and at that I have pretty high expectations. Seeing how that is what disps have been charging around here, it's hard to imagine them successfully passing these costs on to the consumer. imo, it's part of the cost of doing business which should already be allowed for w/ the millions disps are raking in.

grokit

well-worn member
From
The Toxins That Threaten Our Brains
This is a very alarming article. The first part, all about pesticides, is particularly relevant.

"a “silent pandemic” of toxins has been damaging the brains of unborn children. The experts named 12 chemicals—substances found in both the environment and everyday items like furniture and clothing—that they believed to be causing not just lower IQs but ADHD and autism spectrum disorder. Pesticides were among the toxins they identified.

“I advise pregnant women to try to eat organic because it reduces their exposure by 80 or 90 percent,” he told me. “These are the chemicals I really worry about in terms of American kids, the organophosphate pesticides like chlorpyrifos.” For decades, chlorpyrifos, marketed by Dow Chemical beginning in 1965, was the most widely used insect killer in American homes.

Chlorpyrifos is just one of 12 toxic chemicals Landrigan and Grandjean say are having grim effects on fetal brain development. Their new study is similar to a review the two researchers published in 2006, in the same journal, identifying six developmental neurotoxins. Only now they describe twice the danger: The number of chemicals that they deemed to be developmental neurotoxins had doubled over the past seven years. Six had become 12. Their sense of urgency now approached panic. “Our very great concern,” Grandjean and Landrigan wrote, “is that children worldwide are being exposed to unrecognized toxic chemicals that are silently eroding intelligence, disrupting behaviors, truncating future achievements and damaging societies.”

578acfc36.png

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/03/the-toxins-that-threaten-our-brains/284466/

grokit,
Reactions: Snappo
monsanto has engineered pesticide (roundup/sodium glyphosate) tolerance, as well as the pesticide itself right into the vast majority of our food crops. This amounts to a declared war on the human race, as well as the environment...

...Roundup works by exploding the stomach of the insect, and unfortunately has a horrible effect on animals and human beings. "Roundup ready" crops are engineered to take on the roundup pesticide without dying. That pesticide gets passed right on to to whoever consumes these crops, and sodium glyphosate is not fit for human or animal consumption. Despite this, monsanto and the like has done this to 75-80% of our food.
Roundup (Glyphosate) is an herbicide my friend. Plants don't require genetic modification to be resistant to pesticides. I doubt this means we are worry-free from this modification, but that exploding stomachs stuff is false.

mrboote,
Reactions: grokit

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Snake Plissken,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
Roundup (Glyphosate) is an herbicide my friend. Plants don't require genetic modification to be resistant to pesticides. I doubt this means we are worry-free from this modification, but that exploding stomachs stuff is false.

You're right, I got my monsanto gmo poisons mixed up :freak:

I was thinking of another one that they've engineered into our crops, bt toxin:

"Monsanto's genetically modified "Bt" corn is equipped with a gene from soil bacteria—a pesticide that breaks open the stomach of certain insects and kills them. Bt toxin has now also been detected in the blood of 93 percent of pregnant women tested; 80 percent of babies; and 67 percent of non-pregnant women."

genetically-modified-crops.jpg

Brought to our food supply by the same company that brought us
DDT, RGH, PCBs, dioxin, agent orange, the list goes on :shit:

Btw DDT is an insecticide, and Roundup's still worse:

"the active ingredient in Monsanto’s weed killer Glyphosate, which is the most common weed killer in the US and just happens to be more toxic than DDT. Roundup can accumulate and persist in the soil for years, where it kills off beneficial microbes and stimulates virulence of pathogens"

If you're interested, the "story at a glance" on the upper right has the bullet points:

Eating This Could Turn Your Gut into a Living Pesticide Factory
Dangerous Toxins From Genetically Modified Corn Found in Blood of Women and Fetuses
Worse than DDT: When You Eat This, it Ends Up Lingering in Your Gut

:puke:

edit: also the butterflies!

"Bt corn plants might represent a risk because most hybrids express the Bt toxin in pollen, and corn pollen is dispersed over at least 60 metres by wind. Corn pollen is deposited on other plants near corn fields and can be ingested by the non-target organisms that consume these plants. In a laboratory assay we found that larvae of the monarch butterfly, Danaus plexippus, reared on milkweed leaves dusted with pollen from Bt corn, ate less, grew more slowly and suffered higher mortality than larvae reared on leaves dusted with untransformed corn pollen or on leaves without pollen."

Last edited:

zymos

You realize that bt is widely used in organic cultivation, and at least dozens of formulations of it are approved by all the organic regulators (OCIA, CCOF, etc...)?

The biggest danger about engineering it into corn is that pests are becoming resistant to it, leaving organic growers with less options for pest control.

zymos,

zymos

Just saying, bt has been used for decades- buy some organic sweet corn and there's a good chance you are eating some.
Just because Monsanto uses it doesn't all of a sudden make it poisonous.

And human reproduction is destroying the planet, seems a weird fear to base an argument on.

zymos,

lwien

Deleted............created new thread.

Last edited:
lwien,
Top Bottom