Discontinued Lily vaporizer by Triihouse

Tom Funk

Wood, glass, magnets.... so pretty. I really want to see a video of it being used, I feel like I'd be holding it super close to where I'd be torching. Maybe I'm just picturing it wrong.

Does anyone know if it works well without grinding? Been trying to find a good portable that doesn't need grinding.

I've had no problem with the torch position relative to the hand holding the device. Also, Lily is more comfortable all round than her size might indicate. Her overall length with the mouthpiece is only 140mm (5.5") but the deep body for holding and the side firing position make it feel not too cramped. The fact that the flame is drawn into the tube means that less heat bounces outward as is the case on a vape on which you heat a plate. Also the heat intake can be swivelled so that the torch faces away from your face a bit. In addition, I don't think there is as much of an issue of going cross eyed with the intake on the side rather than smack bang in the middle.

Daisy is more comfortable though and of course, hits cooler. If you don't need pocketability, go for Daisy.

Whole or hand broken flowers should work as is reported for Daisy. Just be careful to get an even spread with no gaps across the screen. You fairly rip the air through Daisy and Lily and air will take the path of least resistance.

@TNT_error, The vaporization is remarkably even. You may be able to get away without stirring at all. I know I am going to try.

@Seren, The postage that Tommy quoted me to Oz was not the cheapest option I believe. Contact him to see if he is willing to send by a cheaper option. For my Daisy order he didn't (I didn't ask for it) but he did knock down the overall price (otherwise it would have been cheaper for me to get it from Vapostore). It never hurts to ask and I'm sure Tommy is keen to get his vapes out to discerning customers like yourself who will review them publicly.

@Behaviorist, There is wood taste (actually it is more the taste of the natural and safe wood finishing product) but Daisy users who have had theirs for some time report that it fades significantly.

basement farmer

My face is melting...
If larger clouds were desired is the Daisy the better bet? Can the same vapor density be achieved with both units?

For example, with the E-Nano one can go the big hit route or just take conservative sips.

I really want it to be a suprise, so hope Tom Funk and vaporonly give spoiler alerts before reporting.

My expectations are that it will be a much different experience from the Daisy. It's hard for me to see how the Lily could possibly be a bigger hitter. The Lily has sippy a mouth piece while the Daisy has a full-on bong like mouth peice. The neck holds more volume to carb in at the end of your draw too.

But I'm waiting and speculating

A long, curved hardwood sherlock stem would look cool as fuck........

Tom Funk

@Tom Funk whats the ID of the MP?

The MP bells out of course but the tube has an ID of 8mm and an OD of 12mm.

@basement farmer, lol. I don't think I can really spoil it for you after one bowl on each. I was quite cautious about hitting either too hard. Got to hit Daisy a lot harder before I kill the load in two or three hits like many report.

I'm very confident you won't be disappointed in the size of clouds Lily produces even if they don't end up being quite as big as Daisy's. I think these vapes are also quite easy to sip on.

vaporlee

So pretty! So tempting!...... :)

Edit: Wow - almost $60 shipping to the UK!? :o Not quite so tempting! What to do!? :\

I got free shipping.. to the UK..
I can see that now it's gone up to $53.85..
I don't know :shrug: I ordered as soon as it was available on the website, so maybe I was just lucky though..

:razz:

Seren

Away with the fairies
I got free shipping.. to the UK..
.....maybe I was just lucky though.. :razz:

:rolleyes: No need to look quite so smug!! ;) :D The first time I looked (prior to payday!) shipping was free - but I see that applies to the US only now. It's currently quoting me $57.60 for express international..... :ugh: I wouldn't mind waiting longer and paying less tbh!

It doesn't actually state in the product information (as far as I can see) what comes with the vaporiser - can anyone enlighten me please? Does it come with just the glass mouthpiece? Or is the stainless steel also included? Are any extra screens and/or O-rings thrown in?

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
:rolleyes: No need to look quite so smug!! ;) :D The first time I looked (prior to payday!) shipping was free - but I see that applies to the US only now. It's currently quoting me $57.60 for express international..... :ugh: I wouldn't mind waiting longer and paying less tbh!

It doesn't actually state in the product information (as far as I can see) what comes with the vaporiser - can anyone enlighten me please? Does it come with just the glass mouthpiece? Or is the stainless steel also included? Are any extra screens and/or O-rings thrown in?

I would have preferred to see some additional shipping options too.

Although I'm more than happy to have it expressed.

Went for the kit in the end as I wasn't sure what bits come with just the Lily on its own. Also didn't fancy being hit with another $58 delivery charge if I decided I needed some spare screens and a jar of walnut butter.

Last edited:

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Man, $50+ shipping....harsh.

Are any retailers selling the Lily yet? Sometimes they have cheap over-seas rates.

Got my confirmation today for the Lily. Really hoping for some unique looking peices of wood. My Daisy has a heartwood peice that has natural tiny spider-web cracks radiating away from the core. Very cool and tons of character. Sometimes I catch myself stroking my wood.

Now if I could only find a stem like this to go with it.....it comes in cherry too.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Wow . . . I just fired up Lily and what can I say, she is brilliant!!! Smaller bowl that hits harder than her sister. Not getting the same "whistle" more of a jet engine sound . . . :) Hits like a freight train. I can see scorching will be a bit easier but no big deal. Aiming the flame will take a little practice since I have limited sight in my right eye and this effects depth perception. Same effects as her sister as well. A nice mellow effect, not "angry" at all. Lily tasted much less of wood than her sister did when she was new.

Really nice addition to the family Tommy . . . :tup::tup::tup: Video when I have some help.

lily_1.jpg

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
Wow . . . I just fired up Lily and what can I say, she is brilliant!!! Smaller bowl that hits harder than her sister. Not getting the same "whistle" more of a jet engine sound . . . :) Hits like a freight train. I can see scorching will be a bit easier but no big deal. Aiming the flame will take a little practice since I have limited sight in my right eye and this effects depth perception. Same effects as her sister as well. A nice mellow effect, not "angry" at all. Lily tasted much less of wood than her sister did when she was new.

Really nice addition to the family Tommy . . . :tup::tup::tup: Video when I have some help.

lily_1.jpg

have you tried the 'periscope' tilted off to the side? I find it easier then straight ahead like in your pic

I haven't heard the whistle either.

can you describe your lily method please to compare?

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
have you tried the 'periscope' tilted off to the side? I find it easier then straight ahead like in your pic
Thanks, I will try that, makes sense.
can you describe your lily method please to compare?
Just trying to aim the torch into the intake port like the instructions say then cover the carb hole and rip it. Seems the torch is supposed to be closer than with Daisy.

screenshot_2015_02_04_at_16_29_53.jpg

Tom Funk

Man, $50+ shipping....harsh.

Are any retailers selling the Lily yet? Sometimes they have cheap over-seas rates.

Got my confirmation today for the Lily. Really hoping for some unique looking peices of wood. My Daisy has a heartwood peice that has natural tiny spider-web cracks radiating away from the core. Very cool and tons of character. Sometimes I catch myself stroking my wood.

Now if I could only find a stem like this to go with it.....it comes in cherry too.

Yeah.. Shipping to the UK is steep. I got caught out selling my Solo to a guy in the UK by not checking shipping charges before I quoted him the price including shipping. I assumed it would be pretty much the same as to the US. Apparently not.

The shipping charge to Oz on my Daisy and Lily package said $47, which is what he quoted, so Tommy is not gouging for handling or anything. It's not the cheapest option for shipping however. Shipping for Daisy from Vaporstore would have been $25 IIRC. I'm guessing the reason why Tommy has the express international shipping as the default is that it is more secure for him as the seller, with the tracking and insurance. In my experience, express international shipping is not worth it for the speed. Most packages to me take about the same amount irrespective of the shipping (as long as it is air mail). That said, my Daisy got here quicker than any package I've ever received.

As far as I can see, Lily isn't available anywhere but Triihouse yet. As I said in a previous post, those not in the US should just contact Tommy to see if they can get cheaper shipping or a better deal. Once he gets Lily to some retailers you can bet he is still makes more by selling direct to you after knocking a few bucks off. You would also think he's keen to get his new vape out there at the moment. Than again, with all the hype, he might be working his arse off and wanting to slow things down.

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Yeah.. Shipping to the UK is steep. I got caught out selling my Solo to a guy in the UK by not checking shipping charges before I quoted him the price including shipping. I assumed it would be pretty much the same as to the US. Apparently not.

The shipping charge to Oz on my Daisy and Lily package said $47, which is what he quoted, so Tommy is not gouging for handling or anything. It's not the cheapest option for shipping however. Shipping for Daisy from Vaporstore would have been $25 IIRC. I'm guessing the reason why Tommy has the express international shipping as the default is that it is more secure for him as the seller, with the tracking and insurance. In my experience, express international shipping is not worth it for the speed. Most packages to me take about the same amount irrespective of the shipping (as long as it is air mail). That said, my Daisy got here quicker than any package I've ever received.

As far as I can see, Lily isn't available anywhere but Triihouse yet. As I said in a previous post, those not in the US should just contact Tommy to see if they can get cheaper shipping or a better deal. Once he gets Lily to some retailers you can bet he is still makes more by selling direct to you after knocking a few bucks off. You would also think he's keen to get his new vape out there at the moment. Than again, with all the hype, he might be working his arse off and wanting to slow things down.

Yeah, I know that's the going rate and didn't mean to give the impression that there was anything funny going on, it just shocks me that a small package costs a Benjamin to get it across the ocean. Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, the last time I sent something domestically, I was a kind of put off by the expense of it.

Guess I've been spoiled too by all the free shipping that seems to be the norm here.

I like the term periscope too...much catchier than heat intake.We should adopt the term...

Beluga

Only you can prevent ganja fires.
How loud is the whistle on the unit? I'm not sure how I feel about it whistling while using it...

JimmyCricket

Lily looks mad intriguing! Would this be easier to teach people to use than other torch powered vapes?

JimmyCricket,

Check

@Beluga My lily doesn't whistle at all.

Just a heads up; in December when I received my unit, Tommy informed me that the carb holes don't need to be covered until you are ready to finish off the load. By not covering the carb you can allow for a much smoother hit and longer load from my personal experience.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
For those concerned about the wood taste, my Daisy lost that after about 15 chamber loads over three days. To be honest, I kind of liked it. In the Okin thread, the inventor talks about porous wood absorbing unique character smell and taste over time from the strains you put through it, similar to wood tobacco pipes which he also makes, are there any long term Daisy users that could confirm/deny that works here too?

I'm pleased to say I have a Lily on the way from Tommy, mine is going to be a little unique :evil::evil::evil:, I'll explain and post pics when I receive it. Tommy is such a great guy...can't wait to see what Triihouse comes up with next.

Also, they may be offering up a Daisy/Lily bundle soon, I know some people on FC were hoping for that.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
porous wood absorbing unique character smell and taste over time from the strains you put through it, similar to wood tobacco pipes which he also makes, are there any long term Daisy users that could confirm/deny that works here too?
Its absolutely in play for both Daisy and Lily and I really love that aspect of these products. My Daisy started with a definite wood taste but it has mellowed and combined with my medicine to be really smooth and natural. Seems like the more you use Daisy the better she gets. Lily has much less wood smell probably because she is smaller and has a glass mouthpiece. She still is going to have to be "seasoned" though I can tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom