Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not sure if LB is my day job, but guess if I spend more than 40 hours a week at it, it must be. Speaking of work, I just realized I am freaking tired. I pushed hard today, wasn't that much fun. What I need is a shipping person. Someone who I can trust to pack up, address and label, as well as go postal for me. Great job for a young person looking make a quick $50. If I had that person, 2 more LB's woulda shipped today.

Just sold another LB 2.0, warms my heart. Alan has sent me his first *technical* email on the DNA possibilities, variables, as well as challenges. From what I see so far, and with Alan's help and expertise, I am confident I can pull this off. Alan put it right, it's not if it will work, it's how we can make it work BEST.

The LB - Elite, IMHO, will sell very differently than LB. Right now, we're not even at prototype status and the demand is high, but I think that will even out at the price point it will sell for. LB, on the other hand, LB will sell many, many units at half the price. I'm at the point where I can crank out LB's and that is not going to stop. I have a feeling, after the initial rush, the demand will slow down. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. I see LB - Elite being available via a waiting list only, while I crank out LB 2.0's.

Last edited:

Bdubbdiblets

dzb8ky.jpg
2wejurs.jpg

Blood wood and tulip wood from @Alan of course. Beautiful and very functional, certainly cools the vapor a bit....now the hard part is not getting more tubage!!

@Dan Morrison just blessed this thread!!! OMG! I knew I was in the right spot!! The VAS that caused my lil bud purchase was from the Nomad batch 2 wait....and because of y'all tis also an exciting time to be a vaper!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

:love:

HerbieVonVapster

Blood wood and tulip wood from @Alan of course. Beautiful and very functional, certainly cools the vapor a bit....now the hard part is not getting more tubage!!

Sharp looking little bud. looks like using tinypic for pic? If so I found if you rotate the pic 360 save it. Then upload it onto tinypic the picture will display right. Not sure how why turning it around works but it does.

riu7u0.jpg

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: Helper

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Love to see what's going on in here. @Bravesst , It's obvious how passionate you are about your creations. Exciting time to be a vape maker.
Thanks Dan, it is an definitely a very exciting time to build vapes!

Tracking's been sent to just about everybody for yesterday's trip to PO. I test every LB when it's built, load it up with a mid range battery and take a hit or two from a lightly packed stem. This time I did the same thing at the very end, just before packing up. Every unit was the exact same - smooth, quick. You know all is well when you feel the swell of the vapor (expansion) as soon as you hit the button and pull. The foil has contributed much to this. It's a bit of a fussy installation, but bumps up the power with even less battery depletion. Keeps coil hotter, switch cooler.

Alan has sent his first in the line of many emails. I'll be looking at this email all day (working in Manhattan today, be on the train for a couple of hours). He's sent me links to DNA accessories I'll need, or will have to recreate in wood. There's a face plate, that goes over the board, but will probably not use there face plate. I think they might actually make a wood plate, and I'll have to take a look at that, if for not other reason but to copy it in my own style. Lots involved here, buttons, face plates, distance from the coil. Plan is to shrink the coil a mm or so by winding tighter. A couple of months ago I would have balked at that, but I think the current coil I'm turning out will fit in a 3/4 inch hole, or at least it's close. I have an idea on how to make a 3/4" hole work, by making the groove in the rear of the compartment deeper.

The prototype sale is over. The sale pricing really doesn't fully cover the additional expense in materials, so I need to limit it. I have enough prototype sales to fund the initial start up and build a few units, but I can't give away the entire store. I'm not sure where final price will land, going to have to build a few before I'll know that, but doubling the materials is a good place to start.

Cherry Bare Bones: $309
Walnut Bare Bone: $329
========================
add 10 shipping domestic / 25 canada / 35 everywhere else
add 25 mouthpiece

This is not a prototype price, but a pre-order price. If you wanna get in line and don't want to plop down 300 bucks, I'll accept a $50 down payment. The website will be updated over the next few days to reflect this.

I reiterate: LB cherry bare bones is $149.

Once batch 7b and 8 are complete, I will dive into the LB - E project, but I will continue to crank out LB's at the same time, of that I'm sure.

Thanks Dan, it is an definitely a very exciting time to build vapes!

Tracking's been sent to just about everybody for yesterday's trip to PO. I test every LB when it's built, load it up with a mid range battery and take a hit or two from a lightly packed stem. This time I did the same thing at the very end, just before packing up. Every unit was the exact same - smooth, quick. You know all is well when you feel the swell of the vapor (expansion) as soon as you hit the button and pull. The foil has contributed much to this. It's a bit of a fussy installation, but bumps up the power with even less battery depletion. Keeps coil hotter, switch cooler.

Alan has sent his first in the line of many emails. I'll be looking at this email all day (working in Manhattan today, be on the train for a couple of hours). He's sent me links to DNA accessories I'll need, or will have to recreate in wood. There's a face plate, that goes over the board, but will probably not use there face plate. I think they might actually make a wood plate, and I'll have to take a look at that, if for not other reason but to copy it in my own style. Lots involved here, buttons, face plates, distance from the coil. Plan is to shrink the coil a mm or so by winding tighter. A couple of months ago I would have balked at that, but I think the current coil I'm turning out will fit in a 3/4 inch hole, or at least it's close. I have an idea on how to make a 3/4" hole work, by making the groove in the rear of the compartment deeper.

The prototype sale is over. The sale pricing really doesn't fully cover the additional expense in materials, so I need to limit it. I have enough prototype sales to fund the initial start up and build a few units, but I can't give away the entire store. I'm not sure where final price will land, going to have to build a few before I'll know that, but doubling the materials is a good place to start.

Cherry Bare Bones: $309
Walnut Bare Bone: $329
========================
add 10 shipping domestic / 25 canada / 35 everywhere else
add 25 mouthpiece

This is not a prototype price, but a pre-order price. If you wanna get in line and don't want to plop down 300 bucks, I'll accept a $50 down payment. The website will be updated over the next few days to reflect this.

I reiterate: LB cherry bare bones is $149.

Once batch 7b and 8 are complete, I will dive into the LB - E project, but I will continue to crank out LB's at the same time, of that I'm sure.
Hi @Bravesst I guess Im probably shipping next week? I should have some custom roasting tubes from @Alan arriving tomorrow. I cant wait to seet them!

Mr. Gweilo 420,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Plan is to put batch 7 to rest next Monday.

I am ecstatic over the performance of the new foil lined units. In my opinion this has really enhanced the LB experience, giving the user even more control. I have an idea to tweak this design a bit, by creating a small gap between the foil and the wood, limiting heat conduction even further. The less heat that leaks out, the cooler everything stays, the easier it is to manually regulate. Think of this improvement as making it easier to work the clutch and throttle in a manual transmission. Better feedback, quicker cool down as you release the throttle. Technique is more mindless, easier.

As I was assembling and testing, I did a few long button holds with no stem, peeriing into the coil chamber. The soft red glow was like of sphere of even heat, mesmerizing, almost eerie. Body still pretty cool. All that heat is available to the flower in 3 seconds. Coil + Foil = Gold

Last edited:

CIWYW

Hmm, this looks amazing. Is this some sort of a Milaana or are there differences?

Looking for an on demand vape, had my eyes on the Milaana, unfortuantely not avaialble anymore in Europe. This seems like a great alternative.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@CIWYW It is a on-demand , convection vape, like the Milaana. Differences are in the heater and material used . Lil' Bud is made entirely of wood , no glass or mica used in the air path. LB is a very solid unit with not much that can go wrong , such as breaking glass in Milaana for example . The LB heater is stainless steel wire mesh, coiled into a spiral. A stainless steel foil surrounds the heating coil inside the Lil'Bud to keep the heat distribution within the heater .

Here is a couple vid's below
Indoors
Outdoors

Lazy Lighting

Hmm, this looks amazing. Is this some sort of a Milaana or are there differences?

Looking for an on demand vape, had my eyes on the Milaana, unfortuantely not avaialble anymore in Europe. This seems like a great alternative.
It's very similar. Millana heat up faster and have a better taste. Lil bud has more even heat. Not as much stiring.

HerbieVonVapster

Happy to hear the chance of getting a unit the either to hot to cold isn't something I need to worry about with a lil bud.

With the all wood pathway hoping this be a better fit for me. With the amyotrophy getting worse. I'm becoming more prone to dropping knocking shit over.

Watching the video's and seeing picture of lil bud. It looks like it could handle a drop or be knocked over and still keep working.

Not planning on putting it to the test but is what it is. Don't worry Mike I will figure out some kind of safety strap for the DNA model. She's going be more for home use.

Got a pleasant surprise in my email. After reading about unclaimed cherry units are shipping later figured my cherry preorder was going be in with that batch. Thought aw well 3rd times the charmed and all.
Looks like instead she be here tomorrow.

This works out better I'm hoping to get out camping this weekend. Going stir crazy stuck home all day.
Either way I be giving my lil bud a workout this weekend. Picked out a few different strains of meds to try with her.

Hopefully get some picture up before I leave.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Oh it does handle a drop or knock very well and keeps working. Unintentional of course , it is what it is , like dropping a cell phone, just the LB doesn't crack
The biggest issue with dropping is if the battery is installed, and terminals get compressed a little on impact. A gentle prying out to original shape fixes it quickly.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I see you dropped yours too! :lol:

Haven't we all? I think one of the things that makes the LB durable is that it's both light, and well built. That helps a lot. I believe my LB with a batt is lighter than my Mi without a batt.

And Mike nailed the hand feel when the rounded edges showed up on Batch 6. And the rounded edges add a visual appeal. I consider my LB to be sophisticated, functional, hand crafted art.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
It's very similar. Millana heat up faster and have a better taste. Lil bud has more even heat. Not as much stiring.
I actually think the Lil Bud heats up much faster. (“Much” is relative since we are only talking about a few seconds). I need a good 7-8 seconds before feeling any heat from Mi while with the LB, within 3 seconds heat is happening.
I also think the LB tastes better, but that can be more subjective.
Just throwing out another perspective. :)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm burnt out Mike right now... I have post shipping day blues, and that's why I like to ship on Monday, because Tuesday is a non build day most weeks, probably the only consistent day I don't really get in much time. Got home from the city, and my wife offered to take care of everything around the house while I go down and work, but I declined. I working on the computer researching DNC stuff, but nothing like building. I actually ordered some more parts (thank you pre order prototype buyers) - face plates, screen holders, and the like. I want to have all options in front of me, even if I never use them.

But tomorrow it is more coils, the true art and science behind all we're doing here. Coils skills need to go up another notch as I need to form a tighter coil than is required in LB. LB Elite calls for the coil to shrink by about 1/32 in diameter, but maintain the same mass. One more challenge to rise to. Good news is my coils have already tightened up since the early days, quite a bit on batch 7 (post foil). So the units will have slightly different coils, unless LB adapts LB - E's tighter coil. The Elite coil will mount to a smaller wooden disk as well. It is all in the endless details.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I find a Sabbath of some kind is good for those of us who are 'creators'. Quite often I play my best or write my best material after a break. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, and occasionally it gives a new perspective that helps surmount whatever 'problems' we're working on.

And good herb. That helps too.

HerbieVonVapster

Taste is something I hope the vaporizer will not be effecting much. Should be tasting the herb not the vaporizer.

Maybe i'm not as sensitive to the small difference btw glass wood metal as others.

I could never drink a glass of wine and then babble on about it having things like a hints of oak, herbs, fruits, soil or gym socks in the flavor.
Not sure why anyone want to experience wine with a hint of gym socks. But It does exist.

https://www.winespectator.com/drvinny/show/id/What-Wines-Smell-Like-Dirty-Socks-53861

I often switch a loaded tube btw the iheat splinter and stempod. I can tell what mod there on by heating profile of mod. The DNA produces the best hits.

But I don't really taste a differences btw the heaters. The SS coils should not be effecting the taste to begin with.

If I used a cleaned tube before each. Along with a fresh load I might be able tell till difference between them. Once a stem has couple hits and little resin buildup I wouldn't bet on it.

If I was to judge them it be on performance. The difference would be based on the draw restriction heat up time customer service and other aspect higher than any slight taste difference.
Not saying there's isn't a difference. Just isn't a issue for my use.

I'm a heavy medical user and although I enjoy taste chasing. I need a heavy hitter that's also low maintenance. If I want different flavor tend just grab a different strain. It's not uncommon on a bad day to use a few grams of flowers. It be nuts if I cleaned every use.

I'm also can be bad with upkeep. I tend use muti strains thru the same stem. Sometimes don't clean wooden stems till screen starts to clog.

Everyones different so just IHMO. I'm sure there others, with un better taste than I. Who can and will clean stems every use. Where taste ranks higher than mine.

Maybe I'm wrong here but think the average Joe isn't going be cleaning there tube every use. Or even when switching strains.

Interested to hear others thoughts.

Do you clean you tube after every use ?

Do you clean before switching strains?

Whats your best way method to clean tubes?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC from me and Reddy. Lil' guy is sleeping on the couch right next to me. I'll be prepping for forming coils today. Nice, relaxed work. Tinning wires, modifying butt splicers, creating little mesh tennis nets, will be the order of the day. Maybe I'll record a coil forming session, and we'll take the measurement to see just how tight the coils have gotten.

I am closing the DNC 75C prototype sale. If there is anyone who has previously emailed / PM'ed me about this, I'll do my best to include you, if you're still interested. So with about 6 prototypes sold, I can move forward purchasing supplies for my prototypes. Already ordered a bunch of stuff. That money will be exclusively used to fund the project.

Moving forward, because this project is building much momentum, I want to establish a waiting list, and give you the ability to pre-order LB-E locking in your position on the list with a $50 down payment. These will not be prototypes, but final production units, with a ball park price of about $300. I've set up the website to accept the down payment, you can even pick walnut or cherry, stem or no stem, but I am not offering any guarantees on wood types at this point. You may get what you get if all my DNC units are cherry. This will help me fund the project further, but not require a huge commitment from the consumer to get started. I think it's a win-win.

If you're interested: >>LB-E pre-order downpayment

Top Bottom