Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Skinnyarbuckle

Do you see a list of URL addresses for different use on tinypic page after uploading your pic? Use the last one ;) copy URL address and paste it in URL box that appears when you click the mountainscape box beside the smiley face here on FC . Wish this makes sense and is helpful ! Vape On! Let's see that LB of yours!!
So I go on tiny pic and I click a picture, I get a check mark on the picture I get on the forum and I click paste in the reply box. If I click on that landscape box next to the smiley The image URL comes up but no where do I get a URL. I see no list of URL address .

Skinnyarbuckle,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Do you get to this page after you selected and uploaded your pic on tinypic ?

21j5c7l.jpg

295ek20.jpg

Lol , got the shirt , missing the 2.0 lol lights, camera , action

Skinnyarbuckle

Do you get to this page after you selected and uploaded your pic on tinypic ?

21j5c7l.jpg

295ek20.jpg

Lol , got the shirt , missing the 2.0 lol lights, camera , action
Nope, I downloaded the app on my iPad and it asked me to allow access to all my pictures ,I get all my pictures and when I click on the picture I just get a Check Mark on the picture. I go onto the forum and click paste and the image shows up when I go to post it disappears. I do not get that screen at all. Maybe I have to sign up and log in?‍♂️

Helper

I should buy a lotto ticket, today after pulling the battery tab out and preparing a stem, I noticed a not too good smell and saw my coil glowing red! So I immediately popped the battery out, and the body was decently hot and more so the frame of the button.

Last night I wasn't having any problems, the button was a little hot but not unbearable, this morning though I woke up to what seems like a stuck switch. It pushes with a little more resistance than last night, but without the click mentioned recently by another user. It's most likely an isolated incident and a fluke but I'm going to be extra careful with my batteries from now on and I suggest others do the same, better safe than sorry! :uhoh:

https://streamable.com/e79iw# - for an idea of what I mean by a stuck switch, right click for 2x and save yourself 20 seconds :brow:

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Nope, I downloaded the app on my iPad and it asked me to allow access to all my pictures ,I get all my pictures and when I click on the picture I just get a Check Mark on the picture. I go onto the forum and click paste and the image shows up when I go to post it disappears. I do not get that screen at all. Maybe I have to sign up and log in?‍♂️
Oh , I never used the app , I've only use the webpage, open webpage from safari and give it a shot , no need to sign up

maxymods

I should buy a lotto ticket, today after pulling the battery tab out and preparing a stem, I noticed a not too good smell and saw my coil glowing red! So I immediately popped the battery out, and the body was decently hot and more so the frame of the button.

Last night I wasn't having any problems, the button was a little hot but not unbearable, this morning though I woke up to what seems like a stuck switch. It pushes with a little more resistance than last night, but without the click mentioned recently by another user. It's most likely an isolated incident and a fluke but I'm going to be extra careful with my batteries from now on and I suggest others do the same, better safe than sorry! :uhoh:

https://streamable.com/e79iw# - for an idea of what I mean by a stuck switch, right click for 2x and save yourself 20 seconds :brow:
I had a issue with one of my units where the switch was stuck but wasn't noticeable than came unstuck but next day got stuck again visibly. I had same issue with coil where it got red. I contacted Bravvest and sent back my unit and he sent me another pretty quickly

Helper

@Helper is your battery upside down

Sadly I don't believe that makes a difference, the problem seems to be in the older switch that's no longer being used.

I had a issue with one of my units where the switch was stuck but wasn't noticeable than came unstuck but next day got stuck again visibly. I had same issue with coil where it got red. I contacted Bravvest and sent back my unit and he sent me another pretty quickly

Yap, mine was temporarily unstuck as well but only for a moment. If you were to just look at the button you wouldn't be able to tell it's in the firing position since you can still give it a push.

I messaged Mike about it and he offered to install one of the newer heavy duty switches for me. Also he's generously including a battery gauge to compensate the shipping costs, which he didn't have to do. :nod:

Happy you figured out posting pics @Skinnyarbuckle , wow that's a sweet LB 2.0, nice Kit ! Congratulations!

Glad you are still with us @Helper , we'll call you McGyver ! (80's tv series) lol

I feel like it! Even without a switch I haven't touched any of my other vapes today, I suppose I'll have to once I send her back in though. :rockon:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I apologize for the portrait view, not sure why that happened. I have edited it on YouTube, but not sure's it'll take. Couple of things have come from my new look at rolling coils. First, I begun to roll towards me vs away, gives me a better view of the coil as it's forming. This results in a counter clockwise wind (from inside out), opposite of the previous versions. This was my first reverse wind, took me a bit of fussing. I formed four more in the next hour without as much rewinding.

Thank you for sharing and bringing us to the coil bench with you ! The coil and its compartment have come a long way since batch 1 -2. the new disc and heater placement inside the LB look great , love the pic you shared the other day that shows the new slot inside the LB to accommodate the outer coil post in a way that allows the coil to go "full circle" in the vape path. It's a small detail but one I felt early-on would allow even more Even roast and also balance the heat distribution to the whole bowl surface.

True sign that Mike listens to feedback , keeps it in mind and doesn't shy away from perfection his own craft , even if it works great already .

The ss foil lining is a great idea too to conserve heat, prevent heat loss and bounce the heat within the coil & up the vape path. Really bringing the LB heater to a new level . Well done! :tup:

Edit : I also like how you adjusted the disc cavity depth so that the switch box fits directly against it. Nice improvement to the design All while simplifying the elements !

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
That's a real beauty @Skinnyarbuckle . Thanks for taking the time to post.

The Switch Saga

Hopefully this can be put to rest. The first 2 amp switch I found had some issues. I searched and found a few sources for a bigger, higher rated switch (3 amp). While problems have been considerably reduced, there still have been a couple of stuck button issues. On this new switch, the button will mechanically stick when if fails internally. Not sure why, how, or what's the cause, but it's not the heat from the coil that's doing it. The problem is internal to the switch itself.

While all this is going on, two new switches arrive at Vapwood Central. One is the fully flush version, one the flush round version (like the current switch). There is one difference I can see right away, these units are *turned* not *stamped*, or at least the button itself. This alone shouldn't make that much difference, but maybe it's an indication of high quality materials also be used internally. The flush round was almost three times the price (happy to pay it and avoid problems). I've got almost 40 on hand, another 125 or so on order for September. I might even up that order if sales stay strong. From the very beginning, I realized the switch was the only think I don't actually build, and the only thing with moving parts - the Achilles Heel - but not for long.

Thing is, electronics fail, the variable is how often. So, I'm going with the odds here. I love the fact that the seller recognizes this issue, and strives to stock only high quality switches, dramatically reducing the failure rate. I'm sure these switches are not made in America (the are shipped from USA), but the seller has taken care of the hard part, sourcing out a high quality switch, and making it readily available for a fair price.

2i0vxu9.jpg

All of my personal units have the older switch (left). I've been driving these units hard to test and have had no problems with this switch, but there have been a couple of isolated issues out there. For me that still is too much. The new switch (right), hopefully will make me the Maytag repairman.

If your switch gets stuck, stop using immediately and send it back for replacement. Don't mess with a stuck switch and do more damage to the unit, where I may have to replace the coil as well due to the disk charring.

Last edited:

SpudBob

25he4bc.jpg

In this photo you can see;
1. My awesome roasting tubes that @Alan made me. I love them. They make my Mi twice as good. Just perfect.

2. My Lil Bud 's new home. Can you see his spot? Come home boy! ☺
I agree. Ive had my Alans glass lined WonG for a few months now and am certain that the reduced 8mm bore is the sweet spot for the M anyway. I like the fact that, If you want, you have the option of 8mm with the glass liner or 10/12mm without. He bores one end 10mm to fit the 8mm glass and the other end 12mm. So you can go 8mm, 10mm or 12mm. You can also play with the screen depth to your hearts content and, really, customize your experience! Im pretty sure this will ring true for the Lil Bud too. Im gonna find out a soon as I get my unit!!!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Wanted to post another coiling video, because I thought I'd speed up. It took 2 minutes longer. So forming coils is a 15 to 20 minute gig. All the work done before the actually forming process probably takes about another 20 minutes per unit as well (soldering up, prepping wires / splices). Pretty much brings a coil from scratch in at about 40 minutes. Not bad. I don't think it's going to get much faster than that as an average - maybe 35. I do like the process on this video better however, and decided to post it anyway. Boring stuff, but kinda for the record, and part of being an open book builder. I am really loving this CCW coil. Like time is going in reverse.

Here's the first unit with the new switch. Almost looks purple, but they say that about Walnut sometimes, purple hues. I plan to install this switch in every unit I build, providing it's available. LB Elite will have its switch built into the circuit board.
23qxi4z.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
25he4bc.jpg

In this photo you can see;
1. My awesome roasting tubes that @Alan made me. I love them. They make my Mi twice as good. Just perfect.

2. My Lil Bud 's new home. Can you see his spot? Come home boy! ☺

This photo inspired me. I have two @Alan roasting tubes about the same length, 3.5", and I modded one to accept a 10mm borosilicate glass tube: I have a bunch in different colors and lengths. I cut down a piece of clear glass to about an inch and inserted into the MP end.

I think you and I may have discussed all wood vs. WonG. I went all wood. I may have been wrong.

Because I fucking love it. I'm going to experiment with this one for awhile, and see how I feel after a week or two.

Right now I do like the glass mouth piece. There is a cooling feature to the glass for sure, and I like the taste too. I also like the mouth feel of glass vs. wood a bit better too.

I might be very interested in a WonG that is almost fully lined in glass.

EDIT: The glass couldn't really go all the way in or the screen wouldn't fit. Hmm. Gonna email Alan and figure this out. Cuz I dig it.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Kinda hoping my switch last a long time. I love the pressure needed to depress the button.

What? I'm lost already

Here the DNA75c board pic'd with the screen separate that will be used in lb elites.

evolv-dna75c-2-500px.jpg

Can we start taking LBelite now.? Anticipation is killing me gotta let me in on your thought process and what you and @Alan are planning :sherlock:

Was wondering if it might have better to have a separate thread for the elite till it's released?

Ran across these pictures. Figure just something as a example of whats possible.
img-6529_1_orig.jpg

img-6535_1_orig.jpg

32053519_530736183988884_1470040204453609472_n.jpg

Or something removable too like this

Orange-faceplate.jpg

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
@Bravesst mentioned another mortise so I'm hoping to not see screws on the outside. But idk about a removable face plate. Does the magnet affect the battery at all? I've had both pos and neg terminals on the 18650 get stuck to a magnet once or twice ... Would a magnet affect the screen?

Anyone have pics of the middle of their glass linned wood mp?

elykpeace,
Reactions: Bravesst

HerbieVonVapster

@Bravesst mentioned another mortise so I'm hoping to not see screws on the outside. But idk about a removable face plate. Does the magnet affect the battery at all? I've had both pos and neg terminals on the 18650 get stuck to a magnet once or twice ... Would a magnet affect the screen?

Theres magnet on battery door already. The faceplate being removable would allow leaning if every needed. Since the faceplates are designed for the chip don't think there shouldn't be any issue with that effecting screen.

With Mikes skills he might be able to make a custom faceplate similar to battery door design. Or even something like one posted above would be nice. These chips should last a long time. Just in case I feel it be better have it accessible if ever needed replacement over glues in or something.

Really excited about this vaporizer. Already started on a theme for it. Going base it on one the first one I posted earlier.

Except it have the wallpaper more like second one brownish instead of the blue. I'm sure others will come up with some great themes going be fun to share see what others come up with.

The color dna has tons of options. With the heater built in there some setting I see no use for the end user. Feel turning off unneeded options is the best ideal. Free up some memory for other uses. Saves people from changing setting that may affect performance or possible cause damage. There be no need to change things like atomizer setting so why even show those types of setting.

Themes are nice because they can be customized without effecting those performance settings.

Most of the performance setting I'm sure Mike will decide on for the official software. Once made there best locked out or left alone. Would hate see Mike fielding a lot software question cause people start changing messing with those settings.
Going do my best to find any weakness in my prototype. Hopefully that helps the production model folks get the best possible product.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: GreenHopper

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Been real busy with finishing up batch 7. I am not running to PO today, I need all day to build. Looks like Wednesday or Thursday (days off this week).

I believe, and Alan and I have discussed it, the DNC 75C includes a fire button, with the option of an external switch. The plan is not to have any screws show, and with a removable, possibly interchangeable face plate. The mortise on the front of the LB will house the chip. The plan is to make face plates interchangeable. The one you're looking at in the pic, I believe fixes in place with strong magnets, (much like our back plate). I believe that's a *Stinger* face plate (pic below), and I've ordered one just like it, either to copy, or incorporate into the design.

@elykpeace Hopefully, it'll not be necessary to have our hardware showing. The magnetic face plate is made specifically for this DNC chip, so I'm sure there is no issues with magnets.

Please be a little patient, as I finish this batch. I know once I open those packages, I'll not be able to stop. I don't think we need to open a new thread. Not yet anyway. The LB Elite is an option, just like LB Classic, just not yet available. Feel free to discuss, ask questions, post pics, predict, right here. We all have lots of learning to do when it comes to programming, but that'll be the fun part of all this.

Or something removable too like this

Orange-faceplate.jpg

Top Bottom