Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
A regulated DNA based vape in an easy form factor.

@Bravesst you suddenly have my interest! Sign me up.

I would not be surprised if these overtake your sales of standard LBs very quickly. Regulation is better al round IMO. Cooler hits, more control. I heard 75c can be a bit tempremental with just 1 x 18650, so might need some fine tuning. Using heavy guage wire can help from what i understand, to ensure a good connection.

Do u plan to use one of the premade faceplates for the front?

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
A regulated DNA based vape in an easy form factor.

@Bravesst you suddenly have my interest! Sign me up.

I would not be surprised if these overtake your sales of standard LBs very quickly. Regulation is better al round IMO. Cooler hits, more control. I heard 75c can be a bit tempremental with just 1 x 18650, so might need some fine tuning. Using heavy guage wire can help from what i understand, to ensure a good connection.

Do u plan to use one of the premade faceplates for the front?

:lol: Well well, hello @oddjobold

happy you are interested in Lil Bud Auto, Oddjob! i know you like mods and stuff. Welcome aboard fucker de la Combustion!

Last edited:
P.A.M.,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Okay, lots of interest in the DNA board (thank you once again @Alan). I had no idea it would be this big. Already conferring with the guru. First, I have to close batch 8. The DNA orders will form their own batch (9), so as not to block the loyal unregulated peeps, and be filled right after batch 8. So DNA is slated for mid September, but every issue has to be worked out, so please have some patience here. By keeping batch 8 small, the unregulated buyers will not be affected, and I'll buy time for batch 9.

The plan right now is to build my own front plate. It's hard to predict the challenges this will add to the project, but I'm a wood guy, and I don't want a metal vape. The current pricing is *prototype* pricing, just about adding the price of the part, no labor at all. (225 + SH cherry / 245 + SH walnut). I'd love to keep the prices low, but I will have to calculate the extra time involved. I always account for the learning curve, otherwise LB would have cost $500 initially.

I've purchased 2 boards, but in order to save money, I want to purchase a 10 pack, that'll be 12 boards I'll have initially. Six have been claimed, one for me, leaves five to sell at the prototype price, before assessing the situation and establishing the base price. Once I've built a couple of units, I will also post it for sale as a regular item on the website. So the faster I sell out my prototypes, the faster I can get all my parts together.

Thank you pre-order people for helping fund the LB DNA project. It will be worth the extra work involved to help bring Lil' Bud to a wider audience (as I ironically sit here and pull endlessly on my perfect Lil' Unregulated Bud).

I can't wait to make my first DNA Timber !!!

elykpeace

exVASted
Okay, lots of interest in the DNA board (thank you once again @Alan). I had no idea it would be this big. Already conferring with the guru. First, I have to close batch 8. The DNA orders will form their own batch (9), so as not to block the loyal unregulated peeps, and be filled right after batch 8. So DNA is slated for mid September, but every issue has to be worked out, so please have some patience here. By keeping batch 8 small, the unregulated buyers will not be affected, and I'll buy time for batch 9.

The plan right now is to build my own front plate. It's hard to predict the challenges this will add to the project, but I'm a wood guy, and I don't want a metal vape. The current pricing is *prototype* pricing, just about adding the price of the part, no labor at all. (225 + SH cherry / 245 + SH walnut). I'd love to keep the prices low, but I will have to calculate the extra time involved. I always account for the learning curve, otherwise LB would have cost $500 initially.

I've purchased 2 boards, but in order to save money, I want to purchase a 10 pack, that'll be 12 boards I'll have initially. Six have been claimed, one for me, leaves five to sell at the prototype price, before assessing the situation and establishing the base price. Once I've built a couple of units, I will also post it for sale as a regular item on the website. So the faster I sell out my prototypes, the faster I can get all my parts together.

Thank you pre-order people for helping fund the LB DNA project. It will be worth the extra work involved to help bring Lil' Bud to a wider audience (as I ironically sit here and pull endlessly on my perfect Lil' Unregulated Bud).

I can't wait to make my first DNA Timber !!!

:rockon: Thank you @Bravesst looking forward to it

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@duff just to be clear, it looks like Mike may end up with 4 Vapwood vaporizers. The LB, LB-A, Timber, and Timber-A. The A standing for automatic. In layman's terms the Timber will look a bit like an all wood Arizer Solo while the LB looks a bit like an all wood Crafty.

And the Timber is still in the design phase. Personally I'm hoping the LB-A doesn't push the development of the Timber too far down the road.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Yes, gonna keep LB and LB-Elite separate. So it can go forward independently. Timber might get delayed a bit, but when it comes out, it will come out in both Timber and Timber-Elite Edition. Batch 8 will be all LB, and it's full. Batch 9 (DNA Batch 1) will shift to include the fist LB - Elite units. Batch 10 will be back to LB's. Of course this all hinges on demand. Right now that's about six or seven prototypes ordered, and I'm gonna shut it down at 10 or so. I will strive to keep the prices low, but parts are $70 at the least, and that's before all the involved wood work to accommodate the unit, not to mention the additional wiring / soldering involved. The change in size will slow me down initially, but that will fall into place once everything is sorted out.

Right now, let's come down to earth and focus on LB un-fucking-regulated. I putting together batch 7b units for shipping tomorrow. Unfortunately, monster batch 7, will require 3 trips to the post office, because I'm not going to finish all the remaining units today. Whatever is built will ship and tracking will go out tomorrow.

I just did a final assembly on a QM / Walnut unit for a very loyal customer, came out sweet. Going back down to assemble another one or two in a few minutes.

Welcome to my life, I build, sleep, repeat lately...

HerbieVonVapster

Awesome I'm looking forward to trying out the unregulated version first.
It's more like the sports model with user in control. There's the enjoyment and fun factor of mastering the art of draw resulting in those great hits unregulated device can offer.

There's people that are happy with this type of performance and wouldn't want the added cost on the DNA.

Plus there's other cost that people need to take into account other than just the chip cost. Going be more time consuming to produce over a lil bud. More wood cuts for placement of added buttons screen etc.
There's the extra time to solder along with more time required to test unit.

Even with DNA chips being reliable things can and do happen so you need to take that into account.

With the upgraded switches on the new standard lil bud there not much that can go wrong.

By adding the chip it's does add a point of breakage to consider.

I super happy to get on the special price as one of the prototype batch. I would think in the future this option will need to be higher. Taking above into account along with the cost of offering a warranty. IMHO price point $280-300 would be more a fair base starting point. More depending of course on the wood option choices.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@HerbieVonVapster
You are spot on once again. The price point LB - Elite will probably be close to $300 once all is said and done. The price point on unregulated is just about half that for a barebones cherry unit. I personally will always have an unregulated DD, but can't wait to play with an LB-E, just like many of you. Some, on the other hand, want no part of unregulated vaping. Well, Vapwood is about to open our doors to you.

But right now it is time to what makes LB great, that damn coil and cool wood body. Everything else is just icing on the cake. On this assembly day, things are going together smoothly, but slowly. Taking my time, making sure everything is just right on every aspect of every build. Assembly is quick compared to six months ago, but there is no rushing. Extra time for the stainless steel foil lining, which is turning out to be such a monumental improvement, is also needed. LB cranks hard, but evenly smooth, with the mirror foil throwing the heat back into the coil.

No one should get the impression that unregulated LB is less than the Elite.
Here's a shit load of ridiculous analogies to help understand why LB and LB-Elite are equal. And the one thing that really gives LB an unfair advantage - it already exists.

1. Automatic vs manual transmission
  2. A luxury sedan vs sports car
  3. Double espresso vs a cup of coffee
  4. Action adventure movie with special effects vs an old classic
  5. Machines vs free weights.
  6. Hammer gun vs hand held hammer
  7. Luxury condo vs sprawling country house
  8. Kindle vs printed book
  9. College professor vs grade school teacher
  10. Health insurance vs good heatlh
  11. Lots of money vs a good job
  12. Checkers vs chess
  13. Vacation vs desert island
  14. Luxury vs essential
  15. Stock vs cash
  16. Caviar vs steak
  17. Wine vs beer
  18. 10 acquaintances vs 1 friend
  19. Adults vs children
  20. Excitement vs contentment
Remember, I said ridiculous, and everything on the list is a good thing, but right now I'm sitting here hitting on my unregulated LB, sipping on a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

TeeJay1952

Me? I am unregulated and cheap so you know how I think.
I have been able to go too far. To get a little too crispy. I have learned to let go and pull hard sometimes and soft others. That was in life. I find vaping to be the same.
Hulkette thinks life is like jazz. All improvisation. Hits her head on reality fairly often.
In conclusion if ya learn when you burn LB for you. If you expect the same results without adjusting your input LB Elite.:rockon::myday:

Helper

The wait is coming to a close! I can't wait to have my unregulated bud in my hands. I believe it's finished being a cosmetically flawed unit, so my fingers are crossed that it will be a part of 7b. That would give me a little bit under a week to play around with my new toy before I leave the country! At worst though I'll have something to look forward to when I get back home, and that doesn't sound too bad either!

What a roller coaster, especially with the regulated buds coming into play! Time to start saving my pennies. :tup:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
O.K. I will get in on a LBE, just let me know where I am at on my first LB -Gnarly Black Walnut Total package ordered and paid on 5-30-2018. I don’t want to have too much money laying out there. Not sure which grouping I’m in.
You are on the top of my list, I'm going to do my best to get you out tomorrow with a few other orders I've finalized today including 2 cosmetic flaws and 2 replacements. The rest of this week is about finishing up all the batch 7 customers from June / July. Next is homeless cherry guys (still need final assembly).

Things have settled down here, and I know I lost some ground, but I have a plan. Red is improving slowly but surely, and I plan on getting back to full tilt. Since batch 8 is being cut short, it'll be time to catch up before getting into the nuts and bolts of the DNA circuit board and LB.

What I am gonna do is keep batch 8 open to this thread for another couple of orders, even though it says closed on the site. If you were on the fence about LB, I don't want to pull the rug out from under you. I'll bump batch 8 up to 8, 6 sold. Batch 9 might be all DNA units, hard to say for sure at this point, but that is a possibility.

Last edited:

CaptVapor

GEEZ, I was just coming here to dream about a regulated Lil B!

Combustion is definitely possible here, I've moved the screen pretty far back but can still scorch the load if I get too loosey-goosey on the trigger. These types of vapes make me think back to the Zion - that voltage control really allows you to tailor the vape to your own lungs and draw technique ;) Glad to see the option being added to Lil B, @Bravesst you're a legend in your own time!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
We buy with our heart not our heads. Just the way it is, but you can still be smart.

Lil' Bud Buyers Guide

LB vs LB-E

1. Beauty
This is a personal issue, as many of us love electronics, and others just want a handcrafted hardwood work of art. Ask yourself, in the long run, what do you want to hold in your hand and look at day in, day out? Once built, this perception may change.

2. Performance
The end result should be quite the same in both units, but how you get there will be quite different. Do you want to mindlessly press a button and pull, like I do on my vape pen, knowing you'll get a good hit every pull. Or do you want to customize your session manually, with your own senses and feedback?

3. Rapid Vapor
Both choices will offer on demand vapor, really not sure how TC mode will affect this, but probably not much. Very equal here.

4. Taste
I don't predict too much difference here either, maybe you can drive taste longer on the LB-E, maybe you can manually control it even better.

5. Effect
You're going to get your face blown off either way.

6. Ease of Use
This will be a split answer, as some will find LB-E too complicated to fuss with, and others will not want to master the technique of a self regulated device. What side do you lean towards?

7. Low Maintenance
Pretty much equal, clean your stems, buff her up once in a while.

8. Reliability
LB clear winner with less electronics

9. Discretion
I guess you could say LB Elite might look more like a nicotine vape, and therefore be more discreet, but LB will be a bit smaller.

10. Price
LB about half the price

elykpeace

exVASted
We buy with our heart not our heads. Just the way it is, but you can still be smart.

Lil' Bud Buyers Guide

LB vs LB-E

1. Beauty
This is a personal issue, as many of us love electronics, and others just want a handcrafted hardwood work of art. Ask yourself, in the long run, what do you want to hold in your hand and look at day in, day out? Once built, this perception may change.

2. Performance
The end result should be quite the same in both units, but how you get there will be quite different. Do you want to mindlessly press a button and pull, like I do on my vape pen, knowing you'll get a good hit every pull. Or do you want to customize your session manually, with your own senses and feedback?

3. Rapid Vapor
Both choices will offer on demand vapor, really not sure how TC mode will affect this, but probably not much. Very equal here.

4. Taste
I don't predict too much difference here either, maybe you can drive taste longer on the LB-E, maybe you can manually control it even better.

5. Effect

6. Ease of Use
This will be a split answer, as some will find LB-E too complicated to fuss with, and others will not want to master the technique of a self regulated device. What side do you lean towards?

7. Low Maintenance

8. Reliability

9. Discretion
I guess you could say LB Elite might look more like a nicotine vape, and therefore be more discreet, but LB will be a bit smaller.

10. Price
LB about half the price

All about customization.. LBE brings endless options for a brainless quick hit to a perfect session. I would like to know what temp im at without the guesswork although I have gotten used to LB and it's an older model without the SS foil and upgraded switch.

I'd like to have a customised session ... Start at lower temps and work my way through but exact and without any effort...

And that full color display is going to be so rad!!

@Bravesst do your thing brother it's going to turn out great! :bowdown::love:

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
LB vs LB-E

1. Beauty

Beauty is in they eye of the beholder but I have no doubt the LB-E will be just as stunning as the LB.

You really have excelled with the design man and every batch just seems to pop more and more.

2. Performance

Couldn't agree more.

There will always be the option with the LB-E to run in wattage mode which should be a close facsimile to an LB experience when talking about vapor performance. As @elykpeace noted, the TC mode should just add more options to customise the session.

3. Rapid Vapor

This will come down to how the user is using the LB-E. In TC mode the rapid performance should be similar to the LB but would cut off when you hit the desired coil temp. Essentially you should still be able to hit quickly but now you'll have a chip throttling the power at your desired preset. Wattage mode should perform almost identically as long as the watts are set high enough so that the chip isn't bottle necking the power delivery.

4. Taste

It will be interesting to see what users report but I agree with you here too, I can't see the chip making any major difference to flavour.

5. Effect

Yes! This is totally what I want. :D

6. Ease of Use

Just a thought but it should be possible to ship out the LB-E's with pre configured profiles for TC mode and Wattage mode. You can use the folk in the pre-sale batch to figure out the best settings for a default TC mode. I'd start with what ever the Splinter/DNA users have identified as I believe that uses @Alan's coil mesh heater. There may be a little tweaking as you have added foil lining and the LB's body may have an impact but it wouldn't take long to settle on some TC values.

Also you'll have the option to add a nice Vapwood icon to the DNA's boot up screen :brow:

7. Low Maintenance

I'll take good care of mine, I promise :nod:

8. Reliability

Can't argue with this.

9. Discretion

I think the difference will be negligible. Maybe less chance of combustion with the LB-E :shrug: so less chance of stinking up the place with the stronger combustion aroma.

Really looking forward to this vape, I think you are onto a total winner. :tup:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Let's not forget what makes Lil' Bud awesome. While assembling, I snapped a couple of shots that reveal a lot. The stainless steal foil is plain to see. The vent holes are punched, and you can also see the compartment modification to allow room for the *out of radius* rear post to sit and still allow the center post to be dead center.

Next to the actual coil, this is the best thing that has happened to Lil' Bud! It is literally a perfect set up.
655my1.jpg

Coil disk inserted, coil is underneath the wooden disk, in the chamber, and fixed securely to the disk.
33wtixs.jpg

Top view with light focused through a vent hole mirroring off the foil, much like the heat does.

161nktl.jpg

====================================
An LB - Elite page has been posted on the website. Nothing you kinda don't already know, but there is a pic of the DNA chip. It will have this exact same configuration.

>> LB Elite CLICK HERE
Not to disappoint my 7B crowd. I made it to the post office with 12 units (tracking this eve). All repairs / replacements have been handled, and a real dent has been taken out of 7B. The rest of 7B, homeless cherries, and maybe a couple other misc. units should hopefully be ready by next Monday. At least that's the goal. Right now, all focus on LB 2.0.

Last edited:
Top Bottom