Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@hoyo77 How lucky are you to have visited the mecca of dry herb vaporizers?

So, pre-assembling today. I've been doing more in the pre-assembly process, making final assembly easier. All the internal modifications (squaring up the inside of the switch box to fit the larger switch / cutting slot for rear coil post, vent holes, internals sanded smooth) are being made now, as well as back plates paired to the unit, and all four magnets installed. Once pre-assembly is done, the final sanding marathon begins, first on my oscillating drum sander where the units is actually *shaped*, then by hand. This should really cut down on final assembly time.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Seems like it's not that complicated he normally ships out in batches. So it comes down to the labeling and a run to post office once a month. This batch turned out extra large, so he split order it seems by the wood type?

Either way this time some made it in first batch the rest will make it when there all done. Overall I like the batch ideal. If he shipped them out as he finished them be more work. Along with people upset that someone got theres before me blah blah blah.

Got to add I'm getting excited. When I saw them unclaimed cherries really got me itching to see how mine turns out.

I wasn't suggesting Mike change his methods of building and shipping in batches. the man said himself units would ship in 3 days , yes people will ask or be deceived when the said time arrives. That was my point ...

I wrote a similar post as yours about shipping just the other week , I do understand and I'm cool with everything . What I meant by the quote you linked above was just that , that I hope he finds way to make labelling and wait time at post office faster , if there is a way .. nothing to do about shipping individual units .

Slickwilly

Had to post some quick pixs I also received some roasting tubes from @Alan today. Added this beauty to order last minute. Its Lilac wood in 3.5 inch. Alan says it smells like Lilacs when he turns them down.

It finishes off the wifes LB nicely with pink and purple grains :drool:

Big thanks to both Mike and Alan for such great work and all they give to this great community :clap:

35iygwi.jpg

2hqc4t2.jpg

hoyo77

@hoyo77 How lucky are you to have visited the mecca of dry herb vaporizers?

So, pre-assembling today. I've been doing more in the pre-assembly process, making final assembly easier. All the internal modifications (squaring up the inside of the switch box to fit the larger switch / cutting slot for rear coil post, vent holes, internals sanded smooth) are being made now, as well as back plates paired to the unit, and all four magnets installed. Once pre-assembly is done, the final sanding marathon begins, first on my oscillating drum sander where the units is actually *shaped*, then by hand. This should really cut down on final assembly time.

Dude!! That was actually my 2nd visit to his house. If there ever was such a thing as Vape heaven its at @Alan 's house. My only complaint is i got a bad case of stem envy when i was there and i picked up like 3-4 extra stems on both visits. I got a chance to try his new vapor cooling stem in the lil bud. Alan can testify, i coughed up a lung.

HerbieVonVapster

I wasn't suggesting Mike change his methods of building and shipping in batches. the man said himself units would ship in 3 days , yes people will ask or be deceived when the said time arrives. That was my point ...

I wrote a similar post as yours about shipping just the other week , I do understand and I'm cool with everything . What I meant by the quote you linked above was just that , that I hope he finds way to make labelling and wait time at post office faster , if there is a way .. nothing to do about shipping individual units .

Yes I see you're point I also got impression they be going out today. Yea I'm a little disappointed and hoping it be soon. Reading that he's waiting on stems coming in this week. Makes me feel it It be few more day before ours ship.

After seeing the cherries unit sure mine will turn out nice. I kinda figure mines not one of the ones pictured. So I'm really looking forward seeing and using it soon.

Waited 8 weeks so couple more days isn't going kill me. Mikes update's have kept me in the loop enough where I understand the delay's. Sounds like he's doing best he can. Sure as time progress the wait time will decrease.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Sure as time progress the wait time will decrease.

Or increase has word gets around that LB kicks ass ! :rockon:

I also got impression they be going out today

Yeah , I read something similar too .. you are right though , a few more days ain't a big deal for what's coming !! and i haven't even tried a LB2.0 yet! I'm Looking forward for you to receive your Lil' Bud :)

@Slickwilly , nice stems , thanks for sharing , great photography and/editing skills !

@beyond6strings , I finally received my top hat screens from china, LOL, you since stopped using them twice so I'll just put them in the vape parts drawer for now. :lol: I kind of like my dome screens anyways

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Ultimately wait times are going to increase. For example, right now batch 8 is just about full. I'm hoping to get batch 8 out at the end of the month. Once it's full, we're working on batch 9, which is slated for end of September. It's all about how big the batches are, ranging between 10 to 20 units. All told, LB's sold almost 100 units so far. Not bad in six months.

sickmanfraud

Ultimately wait times are going to increase. For example, right now batch 8 is just about full. I'm hoping to get batch 8 out at the end of the month. Once it's full, we're working on batch 9, which is slated for end of September. It's all about how big the batches are, ranging between 10 to 20 units. All told, LB's sold almost 100 units so far. Not bad in six months.

100 units in 6 months!! that you were able to build them is an even larger accomplishment than selling them (Lil Bud's sell themselves). Here's to the next 100!!

Wait times will increase as demand increases. Let's not forget the Timber waiting list, too.

HerbieVonVapster

For a one man show just starting out, um that's more than not bad. When you already having customers returning for another lil bud also say allot of good things about this device.

I hope you didn't take my comments as complaints if anything I'm just excited to try her out. Compare to other handcrafted item 2 months isn't bad at all. I waited much longer for other items. Your here everyday posting so aware of progress reason for delay's.

What I'm missing is more pictures :). Come on people tinypic is easy to use. Lets see more of the 7a's out there in the wild!

KingSol

For a one man show just starting out, um that's more than not bad. When you already having customers returning for another lil bud also say allot of good things about this device.

I hope you didn't take my comments as complaints if anything I'm just excited to try her out. Compare to other handcrafted item 2 months isn't bad at all. I waited much longer for other items. Your here everyday posting so aware of progress reason for delay's.

What I'm missing is more pictures :). Come on people tinypic is easy to use. Lets see more of the 7a's out there in the wild!
Customers returning for a second Lil Bud??? I haven't even received my first one and already grabbed a second :tup:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've always had two, three, or even four, of my favorite vape. With LB, I seem to change it up with just about every batch. I should start selling my older DD's. (did I just think of another way to sell LB's cheap?) I think I might actually have two old DD's right now, a cherry / cherry and a quilted / purple heart - both 2.0's that I just stopped using. I'm using my monster walnut unit and loving it so much I never change. This next batch I've got my eye on a hunk of cherry, but I'll be keeping this walnut unit for some time to come.

I spend almost as much time *final sanding* and applying beeswax to the units as it takes to assemble. This afternoon, I got 5 walnut units final sanded to 600 grit, ready for their be(e)auty wax.

Last edited:

Zow237

I've always had two, three, or even four, of my favorite vape. With LB, I seem to change it up with just about every batch. I should start selling my older DD's. (did I just think of another way to sell LB's cheap?) I think I might actually have two old DD's right now, a cherry / cherry and a quilted / purple heart - both 2.0's that I just stopped using. I'm using my monster walnut unit and loving it so much I never change. This next batch I've got my eye on a hunk of cherry, but I'll be keeping this walnut unit for some time to come.
Id love a quilted/purple heart ;) my cherry isnt going to show up for a bit hahah

Had to post some quick pixs I also received some roasting tubes from @Alan today. Added this beauty to order last minute. Its Lilac wood in 3.5 inch. Alan says it smells like Lilacs when he turns them down.

It finishes off the wifes LB nicely with pink and purple grains :drool:

Big thanks to both Mike and Alan for such great work and all they give to this great community :clap:

35iygwi.jpg

2hqc4t2.jpg

Love that tube :). I remember Alan saying the same thing to me about the lilac wood :drool:

Last edited:

Zow237

Fuckkkk. My cherry bud is coming back to you @Bravesst. Tracking just updated saying on its way back to sender. I guess I have to add a tube to my order if that's possible. Fuck. Sorry mike I fucked up

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
VAPWOOD NEWS
==============================================
Sales are moving along quite well, as customers welcome LB 2.0. The new switch, tighter coil, stainless steel lining, and heater compartment mods, have taken Lil' Bud to another level. There was a bunch of repairs on previous bathes, and I stood behind every one. Switches were the issue every time. Going forward, I expect less issues to arise, as I have done my best to source out better parts from reputable sellers, but the switch still represents the only electronics that is out of my control and ultimately, all I can do is stand behind every one. If it's the switch, I'll replace at no cost for the life of LB.

Batch Progress
Batch 8 is going to be a smaller batch so I can catch up. It's about half sold. I plan on building all weekend trying to get out 7B, but no matter how far I get, I'm shipping Monday.

Sales / Coupons Codes
Please note, coupon codes cannot be combined

-Homeless Cherry: $130 Bare Bones / homelesscherry
See image earlier in thread. These are some surplus Cherry Units (for now while Walnut's and PH are all the rage).

-First Six Batch Customers Only: 20% off on all products / firstsix
Available to batch 1 through 6 customers, expires 8/31/18

-Build Your Bud: 15% off Build Your Bud option / budybuilder
Save 15% when creating your own design combinations

-Countdown to 100,000 Views: 2 Free Batteries / your FC handle
This is about the LB thread stats. We are rapidly approaching 100,000 views on the thread, up there in the first half of the first page just about every day, with all the heavy hitters (thanks to you guys). Right now it's about 96,000 and change. If you spend over $150 on the website, you'll get a free pair of Samsung 30Q 18650 Li Ion batteries. (my personal favorite for LB). When entering your FC handle for your free stir tool, you will automatically qualify. This offer will expire when the thread views hit 100,000.

As always, I'd love to hear from you guys on what you want, what you don't want, and anything in between. Thanks, as always, for keeping LB moving forward
FSA
-Mike

=====================================================

@Zow237 that really sucks. Send me the correct address in email. Going postal Monday. By next week, you'll have a LB 2.0.

HerbieVonVapster

As always, I'd love to hear from you guys on what you want, what you don't want, and anything in between. Thanks, as always, for keeping LB moving forward
FSA
-Mike

Well since you asked tossing out my long winded thoughts from following along batch 7's journey.

Enjoyed seeing the first off the lil buds 2.0 come to life.

Feels like the start something big with the design now set and more option's like all the mix and match options becoming available. Will there be options in the future to buy the backplate in a different wood that would fit batch 7 and beyond?

The switch box doesn't look user changeable. But I could see buying another contrasting backplate.

Another thing I like that you are posting pictures of unclaimed units. Feel visual is a great selling tools.

Have a ideal on items like your DD cosmetic damage one of a kind items. The things not offered in a normal batch. Is to hold off selling them till a batch is ready to ship.

Say your shipping Monday. Midnight the Friday before you post pictures of items and what you feel a fair price for sale here. The excitement would have built all month. Would allow a easier method since your only answering fielding question that weekend about these items.

People would understand these items are priced higher since going out right away and one of a kinds.

Would also bring people to the thread to check out when the next listing will be. Even if they don't buy a special unit. There more likely to buy one in the next batch. Since there here reading checking out latest pictures and info.

You wouldn't need to be spending time answering fielding question as these unit as they become available. Could all be done over the weekend before shipping. Also less likely of misunderstanding of when these unit will ship.

Could also bring people by the site to order addition item. Maybe have a noon Saturday cutoff on stock items to be shipped with Mondays batch. Then you wouldn't need worry then about extra postal runs on small item.

With the wait time on these unit I like the batch shipping method you currently use. Feel it is the fairest way to ship. If you started shipping as you finished or what stock etc would only lead to misunderstanding hurt feelings.

I think you could tie the 2 ideals together. Most people would understand that shipping by batch is just the easiest fairest way for you to ship. This way the batch orders and shipping stock items is done just one time. Allowing you more shop time.

I'll much rather see you making these than spending time figuring out who what when why on muti shipping times orders and options. Or endless running back and forth to the post office.

Sorry ramble on but you did ask :)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Well since you asked tossing out my long winded thoughts from following along batch 7's journey.

Enjoyed seeing the first off the lil buds 2.0 come to life.

Feels like the start something big with the design now set and more option's like all the mix and match options becoming available. Will there be options in the future to buy the backplate in a different wood that would fit batch 7 and beyond?

The switch box doesn't look user changeable. But I could see buying another contrasting backplate.

Another thing I like that you are posting pictures of unclaimed units. Feel visual is a great selling tools.

Have a ideal on items like your DD cosmetic damage one of a kind items. The things not offered in a normal batch. Is to hold off selling them till a batch is ready to ship.

Say your shipping Monday. Midnight the Friday before you post pictures of items and what you feel a fair price for sale here. The excitement would have built all month. Would allow a easier method since your only answering fielding question that weekend about these items.

People would understand these items are priced higher since going out right away and one of a kinds.

Would also bring people to the thread to check out when the next listing will be. Even if they don't buy a special unit. There more likely to buy one in the next batch. Since there here reading checking out latest pictures and info.

You wouldn't need to be spending time answering fielding question as these unit as they become available. Could all be done over the weekend before shipping. Also less likely of misunderstanding of when these unit will ship.

Could also bring people by the site to order addition item. Maybe have a noon Saturday cutoff on stock items to be shipped with Mondays batch. Then you wouldn't need worry then about extra postal runs on small item.

With the wait time on these unit I like the batch shipping method you currently use. Feel it is the fairest way to ship. If you started shipping as you finished or what stock etc would only lead to misunderstanding hurt feelings.

I think you could tie the 2 ideals together. Most people would understand that shipping by batch is just the easiest fairest way for you to ship. This way the batch orders and shipping stock items is done just one time. Allowing you more shop time.

I'll much rather see you making these than spending time figuring out who what when why on muti shipping times orders and options. Or endless running back and forth to the post office.

Sorry ramble on but you did ask :)

Well freaking said...

Start of something big, yes, couldn't agree more. It is time to take the design to another level. Right now you can mix / match back plate and switch box, as well as add an extra back plate of a different species. Don't forget the build your bud option. But no, switch box is not user changeable.

Deals on cosmetic flaws / DD's / overstocks when sold go into the next batch. People may have misunderstood, but it's all about batches. This is the only way I can manage my time properly. The deal will be either the price or getting into the next batch which is full, not next day shipping. Sometimes I may have to split a batch in half, but that is only when things get too big. Offering these items the friday before a monday shipping is a smart idea as well, but I don't want to be restricted to only 2 days before shipping. I might just have to reiterate the shipping time at the time of the offering.

Going forward, the plan is one batch per month. I'm still going to do my best to stick to that. This will serve the greater good because it's the best way I can increase batch size and get more units in customer hands overall. I'm impatient by nature, so I get you want it yesterday. But as a one man show I know I need to focus on designing, building, improving.

Thanks @HerbieVonVapster

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
as a one man show I know I need to focus on designing, building, improving

You do all that and more very well , Sir. It's easy to forget and hard to imagine you work another job on top of building high quality vaporizers at an impressive rate! Chapeau!

Wish you will have fun working the Koa wood and that it will be easy to work with . looking forward to see it's colors.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Here's the plan boys and girls. Wife is away for the weekend, Reddy is making his way back, and definitely can be left alone with a camera eye on him. That leaves me with 2 days of building my ass off. Monday morning I pack up whatever I'm done with, and go postal. There may still be a few stragglers from batch 7 not completed, so believe it or not, batch 7 will get three postal trips, hopefully last one by next Monday. Then it's on to batch 8.

Lil' Bud, by design, gives lots of control, from person to person, as well as session to session. I think we all know that, and the main reason we're all here. @Alan has suggested I offer LB with a DNA circuit board to provide some automated control. It would add about $100 to the price tag, but it is something I am going to try. The logistics of design need to be worked out, but Alan feels it's very doable. I have to be honest with my LB fans. The only way I can fund this project is by offering it as a pre-order. Order one up front, and I'll purchase the board and install, and your auto LB will be shipped out with the next batch (8). This will not be offered on the website for awhile. I'm going to limit this to no more than 5 LB's.

Projected Price Range:
Bare Bones Cherry: $250 to $280
Bare Bones FW: $270 to $300

If any brave souls want to help me fund this project, and get an automatic LB vs manual, you can get in on the first 5 for $225 cherry / $245 walnut (plus $10 shipping).

If anyone is interested in this unit, just PM me. Personally, I'll probably always return to my unregulated LB, but I'm curious to see how far we can take this.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Here's the plan boys and girls. Wife is away for the weekend, Reddy is making his way back, and definitely can be left alone with a camera eye on him. That leaves me with 2 days of building my ass off. Monday morning I pack up whatever I'm done with, and go postal. There may still be a few stragglers from batch 7 not completed, so believe it or not, batch 7 will get three postal trips, hopefully last one by next Monday. Then it's on to batch 8.

Lil' Bud, by design, gives lots of control, from person to person, as well as session to session. I think we all know that, and the main reason we're all here. @Alan has suggested I offer LB with a DNA circuit board to provide some automated control. It would add about $100 to the price tag, but it is something I am going to try. The logistics of design need to be worked out, but Alan feels it's very doable. I have to be honest with my LB fans. The only way I can fund this project is by offering it as a pre-order. Order one up front, and I'll purchase the board and install, and your auto LB will be shipped out with the next batch (8). This will not be offered on the website for awhile. I'm going to limit this to no more than 5 LB's.

Projected Price Range:
Bare Bones Cherry: $250 to $280
Bare Bones FW: $270 to $300

If any brave souls want to help me fund this project, and get an automatic LB vs manual, you can get in on the first 5 for $225 cherry / $245 walnut

If anyone is interested in this unit, just PM me. Personally, I'll probably always return to my unregulated LB, but I'm curious to see how far we can take this.

This is a cool path forward my friend. I too will stick with unregulated and on-demand nature of the LB. But this would have been a tougher decision had I not picked up my first regulated device this week, a Solo OG.

And it will give folks a choice, automatic or manual transmission.

And for folks that have been following how I 'screen' my LB. When I first got my LB I found my natural draw too strong and to operate effectively I needed to restrict the draw by using a top hat screen with the flower tamped pretty firmly. Once I got @Alan's longer roasting tubes with smaller ID I had the draw restriction I needed and I could go back to the original basket screens with a light tamp to level the flower. I have as much or more control, and the taste is superior with the OG screens.

I love my LB, and not a day goes by that I don't take her out for a stem or two.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I agree wholeheartedly about the manual vs automatic analogy. One other possible use for the automatic would be new *drivers*, in addition to those who want no part of mastering any technique, or are simply having trouble doing so. It's about having options. Vapwood is just not in a position to plop down a grand on circuit boards right now, so I'm taking a shot on the pre-order concept. Sooner or later it'll happen, even if no one expresses interest right now. Curiosity has gotten the best of me, and I can't help adding new things.

Just a quick note on my medical stuff. Nothing hits like flower in LB, but it's great in a pinch, in public even. I think the tincture delivered two unexpected benefits. First, digestive system, which acts up from time to time, was perfect for the two weeks I was on it. Second, my dry skin improved dramatically. So the product (20T to 1C) going through my digestive system had a bit of a different effect. Also helped me sleep a bit deeper.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I agree wholeheartedly about the manual vs automatic analogy. One other possible use for the automatic would be new *drivers*, in addition to those who want no part of mastering any technique, or are simply having trouble doing so. It's about having options. Vapwood is just not in a position to plop down a grand on circuit boards right now, so I'm taking a shot on the pre-order concept. Sooner or later it'll happen, even if no one expresses interest right now. Curiosity has gotten the best of me, and I can't help adding new things.

Just a quick note on my medical stuff. Nothing hits like flower in LB, but it's great in a pinch, in public even. I think the tincture delivered two unexpected benefits. First, digestive system, which acts up from time to time, was perfect for the two weeks I was on it. Second, my dry skin improved dramatically. So the product (20T to 1C) going through my digestive system had a bit of a different effect. Also helped me sleep a bit deeper.

PM for auto LilBud sent, this is what I have been waiting for. I think it's an awesome idea. I'd love one in the cherry/PH combo but I get that for now as a concept you'll want to stick to a non exotic wood.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Way to go @GreenHopper , in being the first to grab a Auto LB ! Unless others have pm'd ,lol.. you should get it in Koa :brow:

That is super cool ,Mike , DNA boards are liked all around. to have an all wooden , 1 piece mod like vape , is pretty awesome too. Looking forward to seeing it . I will post the news to News&Rumors on VL. :)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Way to go @GreenHopper , in being the first to grab a Auto LB ! Unless others have pm'd ,lol.. you should get it in Koa :brow:

That is super cool ,Mike , DNA boards are liked all around. to have an all wooden , 1 piece mod like vape , is pretty awesome too. Looking forward to seeing it . I will post the news to News&Rumors on VL. :)

Thanks @P.A.M., I think a few others will have likely responded as well. I predict an LB+DNA board is going to be a very popular solution.

@Bravesst out of curiosity which DNA board are you thinking of using?

Top Bottom