Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bdubbdiblets

@Bravesst - You are turning out some really impressive units. The PH/QM is just stunning. Glad to see all the improvements. The performance must be really good now. Looking forward to trying your latest creations as I'm sure everyone else is too.
So glad the time it takes to make one has been reduced, so that you can now make more in a given time period or more time for yourself. The more units that you sell, the more tubes I will need to make.
Here is a photo of my current collection of roasting tubes after finishing a big batch.

woodenroastingtubes.jpg

Many of them are for Lil' Bud's, iHeat's, etc., but some are still available.
I don't have a waiting list for roasting tubes. They just get worked into the next batch.

Here is a link @P.A.M. made that shows what I think to be the perfect amount of flower in the basket screen. You should always get great results with little to no stirring. Thanks @P.A.M. for showing off your LB and wooden roasting tubes. They really are a great combination.

Perfect amount
Wow! That's a serious amount of tubage!

That was kinda fun I just played "where's my stems" I think I found them....:shrug:

All Purple Heart LB is waiting at home for me....I may just have to call it a day....it's 5 o clock somewhere!

:rockon:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Slickwilly you have quite the eye my friend, both for design and photos.

@Alan that is some tube collection you got there. Glad LB has been keeping not just me busy. Everyone should being thinking about the crazy combos you can put together with my LB and Alan's stem. There's an LB 2.0 around here someplace with Alan's name on it.

I've plugged along all day, got lots done, ordered some more purple heart. I'm glad everybody is appreciating the improvements, both functionally, as well as cosmetically. Function probably won't change too much, and I think I can relax a bit on performance improvements. This gives me a chance to focus on some possible aesthetic customizations I've been thinking about.

COSMETIC IDEAS
  • Edge beading both vertically and possibly horizontally
  • Smaller, multiple vent holes in a pattern
  • Logo carved / burned into unit
  • Include more *live edges* if possible
  • And one more idea that I'm just beginning to wrap my head around

Reddy was chewing a boney, holy shit am I happy about that. So, right now I'm feeling pretty good.

Bdubbdiblets

Oh man here is a pic (after some help form the sandbox)

2z3xlee.jpg

Can't wait to get my stems from @Alan and yea I can see myself going a lil tube crazy!!

This thing hits hard and tasty! Only a few tubes and it's got me very medicated. It heats instantly no warm up needed with fresh batts at least. Very similar to the vape that shall remain unmentioned but seems quicker and perhaps even a bit hotter:shrug:...either way love this thing so far and can't wait to get to know it more. Very nice addition to my unregulated convection lineup...

:rockon:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Congratulations on that Purpleheart @Bdubbdiblets , I can only imagine the nuances different light volumes give it , rich colors in either dark or lighted space. Exquisite. Beautifully crafted .

Here is a link @P.A.M. made that shows what I think to be the perfect amount of flower in the basket screen. You should always get great results with little to no stirring. Thanks @P.A.M. for showing off your LB and wooden roasting tubes. They really are a great combination.

Perfect amount

It's totally awesome hearing and coming from you it's the perfect amount, I basically follow your roasting techniques! I've always tried to absorb all I can from your vaping knowledge when you post . You are a Vape Wizard ! It's like you've been inside a vape path on more then one occasion!

Glad to hear I'm doing it right ! Thank you ! You & Mike already did all the hard work , it's a product that shows itself off ! I truly have fun sharing pics and vids of the LB, people deserve to at least know it's an options when shopping for a vape !!

I'm loving the love Lil' Bud is receiving , LB 2.0 sure sounds and looks like the top shelf bud ! well merited for Alan & Mike! Be proud of your LB everyone and show them , mention them when you can!

It's really easy to get that "perfect" amount , you can suck what flower the stem will take without force and let the rest fall in your tray or table . it usually gives you a full basket or just under it once gentle tapped. Results are nice, even roasting , no fallout . On some occasions for quick or microdosing intentions, I'll use a little less flower with same roasting results .

Thats a nice wad of tubes there, Alan, whoa! Such precision

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning FC,
All good here at Vapwood central. No shop today, but tomorrow I'm back in the assembly shop, and hope to be able to get to the post office with a couple of orders, including a few internationals. I've got plenty of stir tools, gauges already built, so 7B should come together pretty quick once I get the coils built. Moving right along.

3 Homeless Cherry's sold, glad to see people taking advantage of a really good sale at $130 for a bare bones unit, FC only.

SOLD: R1/C1 - R5/C1 - R4/C2
ejihp0.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Thanks to @Alan's post yesterday about proper load, I've gone back to using the original screens seated as they were originally, and wow. The new coil provides faster heat that renders the conduction heating obtained from using the top-hot screens un-necessary.

This means as close to pure convection as one is likely to get.

And I've realized that I needn't get the same dark-colored ABV with my Lil' Bud that I do with my vapcaps. It extracts everything I need without going that far, and the taste, which has always been wonderful to me, is even better with this set-up.

A couple of those stems Alan posted in his pic yesterday are mine. I'm really excited to see how those work. I look forward to the experiment. I'll know more Wednesday.

Helper

Good morning FC,
All good here at Vapwood central. No shop today, but tomorrow I'm back in the assembly shop, and hope to be able to get to the post office with a couple of orders, including a few internationals. I've got plenty of stir tools, gauges already built, so 7B should come together pretty quick once I get the coils built. Moving right along.

3 Homeless Cherry's sold, glad to see people taking advantage of a really good sale at $130 for a bare bones unit, FC only.

SOLD: R1/C1 - R5/C1 - R4/C2
ejihp0.jpg
Hey Mike, I'm happy to hear your buddy is feeling more like himself! That's some great news.

I've already spoken for the cosmetically flawed unit, but I was wondering if i could send you the difference and hop ship for one of those cherry units, it's too good of a deal not to ask!

Also I'd just like to clarify batch 7b is going out all in one go, international and domestic, right?

Last edited:

Zow237

Gahhh. I have no idea when my lil b will be getting here. Last Time my tracking just said my package was rerouted. This time it says unable to deliver package. And hasn't moved. Wonder how long I'm going to be waiting :( damn it I just want lil b 2.0 in my hands :(

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not to be an ass but have the international orders shipped or are they to ship with 7b ?

Sorry for not responding about the internationals. They will ship with 7B, which I am feverishly working on. I'm also waiting on another batch of stems to complete 7B, should arrive this week.

Happy August my friends!!!
New month, new deal. There's been a call for the ability to mix and match parts. About a month ago, I created the *build your bud* option, where you can do just that. It's not been that popular, but to make the designing process easier on you, how about 15% off on the *build your bud* purchase option? COUPON CODE: budybuilder

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@P.A.M. Sorry Bud, got sidetracked with all that's going on. Not sure how it will work out exactly. I'll know better after I can get some more units assembled today. Thing is I have units in various stages, all working toward that final goal of shipping. Trying to make the best use of my time to serve the greater good.

Been thinking about *build your bud*, and how I'd build my Lil' Bud.

Mike's Rainbow Lil' Bud Collection or Really Cool Concepts for Batch 8

Option #1 Over the Rainbow
BODY: Figured Walnut
SWITCH BOX: Koa
BACK PLATE: Purple Heart
MOUTH PIECE: Maple

Option #2 Deep Purple
BODY: Purple Heart
SWITCH BOX: Cherry
BACK PLATE: Purple Heart
MOUTH PIECE: Cherry

Option #3 Deep Cherry*
BODY: Cherry
SWITCH BOX: Purple Heart
BACK PLATE: Cherry
MOUTH PIECE: Purple Heart

Option #4 Quilted Walnut
BODY: Quilted Maple
SWITCH BOX: Walnut
BACK PLATE: Walnut
MOUTH PIECE: Walnut

Option #5 Brown n' Tan
BODY: Koa
SWITCH BOX: Walnut
BACK PLATE: Walnut
MOUTH PIECE: Walnut

*my favorite!!!

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@Bravesst , I totally understand. how you manage to build at a constant , productive & quality rate , answer everyone and deal with everyday life is beyond me really. Not to mention Reddy being ill too who is the number one priority after all . Lil'Bud vapes will be built and shipped when they do, they are materialistic objects . You are a strong person to deal with it all so efficiently, I do admire your work and who you are , you truly are a person to look up to and follow example .

Thank you for the transparent response, I'm just blunt and direct as I'm sure some have noticed. I suppose it's my way of keeping you on track if you do get sidetracked ;)

Shipping so many packages to different locations is easier said then done . Lil' Buds will get more and more popular, wish you will find a way or that there is a way to make shipping less cumbersome and time consuming.

sickmanfraud

Mike, I just went to the shop tab of your website and none of the Links to actual products work (at least not on my computer.)

sickmanfraud,

hoyo77

I live in the ATL area but work in Denver. I have bought many of @Alan products over the years. I went to his house about 2 weeks ago and he let me hit his "lil bud" ...He gave me the background on the product and i hit it a few times and loved it. Placed my order about 30min ago to get on that August list.

I want that deep purple one!!! Ed's tnt made me a custom purple heart stem that will look good in it!!!

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
The mail arrived and I have two very nice tapered 3.5" roasting tubes in Maple and Cherry from @Alan. Thank you sir-you do great work.

It's not going to take long at all to dial in the draw/button dance. It's like driving a manual with the clutch and TAC working intuitively in that happy way they do when you know the car. I've driven a stick since I was 22 in '77 and have full-time since 1990. I'm old. I love the way it keeps me involved and paying attention, and allows me to customize how I drive.

And it's the same reason I love the Lil' Bud.

The extra length and taper are better suited to my natural draw speed, and the vapor is definitely a bit cooler.

On another note, I got a new Solo today. And I've always thought that the Timber in some ways is the on-demand, un-regulated, wooden version of the solo. Much like the Lil' Bud is in some ways the all wood version of the Crafty. But when I was un-boxing the Solo the bent-stem really caught my eye and I realized very quickly that the straight stem that was also included will go in a drawer somewhere. Because it's going to be way more natural to sip on the bent stem while holding a longer, narrower body in your hand.

So..I'm wondering if a Wood on Bent glass stem might be a cool roasting tube for the Timber? @Alan is that something that could work? Mike...what do you think?

EDIT: I was totally wrong. I probably WON'T use the bent glass roasting tube. The straight suits my 'style' much better. Meaning the long tubes I got from @Alan today will be perfect for the Timber.

BTW, I had a nice stem this morning before I went into the studio; Chiesel topped with some CBD distillate. I arrived at 9:30am and got back home at 11:45. In between I got three songs in the can for the new CD. Lil' Bud will get a nod in the liner notes for sure.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Shipping so many packages to different locations is easier said then done . Lil' Buds will get more and more popular, wish you will find a way or that there is a way to make shipping less cumbersome and time consuming.

Seems like it's not that complicated he normally ships out in batches. So it comes down to the labeling and a run to post office once a month. This batch turned out extra large, so he split order it seems by the wood type?

Either way this time some made it in first batch the rest will make it when there all done. Overall I like the batch ideal. If he shipped them out as he finished them be more work. Along with people upset that someone got theres before me blah blah blah.

Got to add I'm getting excited. When I saw them unclaimed cherries really got me itching to see how mine turns out.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: Zow237
Top Bottom